New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Silly Plots 3: With government backing we can make it very silly

Mysterious Sinkhole

I'm glad Koshal is good at keeping track of where he's been, because I decided to generate a map and I'm having difficulty.

The door on his left opens onto a corridor. It's positioned so that it's aligned sideways to where he came in- he entered the long wall, with a short wall next to him. At the far end of the corridor there's a door in the opposite wall; the corridor looks as though it's slightly shorter than the equivalent wall in the room he just left.

The room beyond that door is another laboratory. This one being used, by a very old-looking man who is currently struggling to lift a sledgehammer to hit... Something. A brass sphere covered in strange runes etched into its surface, with a door hanging open on one side. Also decorating the sphere are glowing jewels set into the machine's surface, as well as loops of wire and other strange features.

The old man looks a bit like the gentleman who asked Koshal for help, with white hair, dark eyes and wearing a pair of dungarees under a cloak sewn with stars and crescent moons. Something else about this chamber- something here is deadening sound. The old man is clearly shouting and unhappy, but he can't be heard, and when he hits the device there's no sound of impact.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

Koshal approaches the old man slowly, waving with a smile. If he allows Koshal to get close, he holds out his hand to the hammer, gesturing at the floating thing the man is trying to strike.
    Koshal has seen some pretty spooky things here but for now he'll stick to the mission of helping this wizard guy.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

The sphere isn't actually floating; it's touching the ground, but that's odd enough, given that it's a near-perfect sphere. It's not rolling from the blows or moving at all, and seems perfectly stable.

The man doesn't seem to see Koshal's approach, winding up with the sledgehammer and giving the device a mighty blow, the echo of which is heard- as is the wizard's ranting, briefly. "-ing piece of mechanical rubbish, you couldn't even dema-" And then the sound dampening returns as the sledgehammer bounces off the brass sphere again, though now the man seems to be panicking. He just realised that whatever stops sound was itself briefly stopped, probably by an impact to the sphere and he's just gone and de-fixed it by hitting it again. So he's dropped the hammer and has pulled out a smaller rubber mallet from a pocket and is tapping it in various places, trying to figure out what he did.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Quiet Grove]

Kneeling down as she is, Lucy is practically catapulted away by the petal-bounce as Sarcadian hops over, scrambling to catch herself before she slides off. She awkwardly climbs to her feet, not really knowing where to look. It still feels sort of disrespectful to actually look at Sarcadian without bowing her head in reverence, but then does that mean she needs to start doing the same for Vivi? Is she allowed to look at either of them?

She settles for sort of half-looking at the two of them and mostly staring off into the distance for the time being. That's an acceptable substitute, right?

"I, um, I could go fetch dinner for-" Lucy pauses, sighs, shakes her head. "N-no. No, I'm a terrible cook. That's a terrible idea. Sorry."
    [Quiet Grove]

The two of them give each other a nigh-on telepathic exchange of glances. Why was she being so strange? She was acting like... like...

"She's like the humans in the Green," Sarcadian suddenly says. "Ha ha! They are terrified of me." The great stag shakes his head with a rumble of laughter, making charms and hanging ribbons swing.

"Sarcadian, shush!" Vivi reaches over and squeezes Lucy's hand. "You're not afraid... are you?" Oh, dear. Vivi fears her husband might be right.

"No, really, it's... fine. I get this look all the time. Or... not-look," he smiles very slightly. "It will pass. I imagine us taking nourishment together might help to... feel more like equals."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

Willa decides not to argue the point about her status. It’s plenty likely centaurs don’t exist normally in this world and it’s yet another thing that got left out of the briefing. So she’ll tell the truth, and just leave that part out.
    ”I’m not here to cause any trouble, Sirs. We’re just here for information, I assure you. And maybe some water.” she swears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

Corvus nods in agreement with Willa.

"We're not here to cause trouble. I'm just here to protect her."
    [An Epic Quest]

The man gives them both a wary look, but then he backs away and the door swings open. The two will be free to enter, and they'll be met with an array of six men. Only their dark eyes are visible past the cloth covering their faces, but their wary eyes and ready stances are evident.

The man from a moment ago peaks up, evidently the spokesman of the group. "I don't know about information, but water I can do." He nods to the other men and two of them will take their water skins and toss them to the pair. They're apparently reluctant to reduce the healthy gap between them. "Why don't you tell me what you're looking for?"

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

Faye goes over and tries to help the man by sniffing the orb. With her magical senses maybe she can sniff out which spot is releasing the magic. Not much they can do without getting in the way.

[An Epic Quest]

Willa eyes the guards, but takes the water and drinks from the skin greedily. She has a lot of body to water!
    "We have been tasked with finding a...very rare kind of wood. I know it's somewhere in this region, but not specifically. It's a magic sort." she explains.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

Faye's appearance makes the old man jump and he shouts... Well, something, but directed at the newcomers that he's only just noticed. He was focused on his magical device, and the field of silence meant he couldn't hear even Koshal's hoofsteps. He does drop this hammer, too. And bends over to pick it up.

Faye's going to have a lot of difficulty- the whole thing's enchanted. Not with the sound-cancelling effect, granted, which is purely a result of one of the gemstones set in its exterior being put in upside down. Easy enough to fix... If it weren't for the sheer number of them crusting the exterior surface. Most of the enchantments make the sphere lighter, allow it to move and fly, and make it stronger and tougher. The sound-cancellation effect is actually deliberate, except it's not supposed to be focused on such a wide area- it's designed so the sphere can break the sound barrier without making a sonic boom. The sphere's also bigger on the inside, space compressed into a smaller area to make travelling in it more comfortable.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Bugbear in the Playground

Controller Latenxy Issues?

Marina grimaces at the thought of latex spray-on clothes. That stuff felt like the absolute worst to wear, thank the gods that Suzie stopped implementing that in her standard uniform rulings. These maid dresses they've shifted to instead are so much more comfier and much less claustrophobic and clingy.

Shivering slightly at her mistress's touch, the fishmaid calms herself a little, her eyes sparkling at the idea proposed. "That would be wonderful, Milady! There's nothing quite like a nice, hot, relaxing bath after a hard day's work... But for now, we've got work to do."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

9. - Top - End - #219

NinjaGuy

[An Epic Quest]

Corvus catches the waterskin, and sniff the contents briefly, before taking a drink. Exalts are a hardy bunch, but it never hurts to be cautious. He nods a thank you to the guard who tossed it to him, but decides to let Willa do the talking for now.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

Faye and Koshal don’t have a lot of magical education, only a little from Leah’s tutelage. Given a decent amount of time, Faye will spot the defect and paw at it, but it’s doubtful that she’ll find it before the trained magic-user.

11. - Top - End - #221

[Quiet Grove]

"Uh, k-kind of?" Lucy mumbles, squeezing back. "I-I mean, maybe not fear so much as, um, awe?" Sarcadian certainly has quite the physical presence to him, and Lucy seems to have been struck by it. Her gaze sort of drifts around him, almost unwilling or unable to look at him directly.

"It, uh-" Lucy pauses and chuckles, "It's not every day you find yourself in the presence of two deities, you know?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

The 'trained magic-user' has resorted to hitting it with a sledgehammer and swearing at it. Those are the actions of somebody that's been trying to fix it for far too long. Faye finds the fault, and the old guy fixes it quite easily, since now he knows where the problem is.

"Thank you, doggy. You're a good girl, aren't you?" He'll attempt to stroke Faye as he says this, before turning to Koshal. "So. What're you doing in me lab? I appreciate the help, mind. I'd looked over my Grand Conveyance five times without finding that problem." He claps his hands together, and looks the young minotaur over. "And what happened to your shadow, boy? Has it been stolen? Not much I can do about that, if so. Sympathetic magic like that's not my speciality."

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

”Well, I’m here because your grandson sent me to check on you when your house fell in this Sinkhole. You left your tea set outside by the way. I left it in your creepy golem room. As for my shadow, you’re currently stroking her ears.” Kosha hope he got that familial relationship right. Hencouldnt really understand a word that other guy was saying.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

"Sinkhole? What sinkhole? The geology's very stable here... Wait." The old man rushes to the door and pulls it open, looking at some dials inside. "Ah, blast it with all the fire in all the hells! This sphere's a transportation device. And it teleported, like I wanted it to. But it took some of the surrounding earth with it, but didn't bring it back when I returned it to my house. So now there's a new hill made of the foundations of my house and some of my labs and tunnels on the moon." That's less than ideal, since that's what was holding the bungalow up.

And maybe that's where he kept some good stuff. Pity the cow-golem is now wandering around the bottom of the sinkhole, and not the moon.

15. - Top - End - #225

[Quiet Grove]

"Uh, k-kind of?" Lucy mumbles, squeezing back. "I-I mean, maybe not fear so much as, um, awe?" Sarcadian certainly has quite the physical presence to him, and Lucy seems to have been struck by it. Her gaze sort of drifts around him, almost unwilling or unable to look at him directly.

"It, uh-" Lucy pauses and chuckles, "It's not every day you find yourself in the presence of two deities, you know?"

[Quiet Grove]

"Oh, no. What has Vivi been telling you?"

"I did not tell her a thing! I-I don't know where she got this deities idea!" says Vivi, spreading her hands helplessly.

"Hrrm. A likely story." Sarcadian harrumphs. He looks at Lucy. "While we're very flattered, that's the same mistake the humans here make. We aren't... gods. As nice as that would be," says Sarcadian. He spreads one hand on his chest self-indicatively. "I even follow a god. He made me."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

Willa eyes the guards, but takes the water and drinks from the skin greedily. She has a lot of body to water!
    "We have been tasked with finding a...very rare kind of wood. I know it's somewhere in this region, but not specifically. It's a magic sort." she explains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [An Epic Quest]

Corvus catches the waterskin, and sniff the contents briefly, before taking a drink. Exalts are a hardy bunch, but it never hurts to be cautious. He nods a thank you to the guard who tossed it to him, but decides to let Willa do the talking for now.
    [An Epic Quest]

The spokesman doesn't seem phased by the question and shrugs his shoulders. "Means nothing to me, but one of the honored sheikhs may hear your questions. You must surrender all weapons and items of power before you go further, however. To do otherwise would be an insult."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Another World

Connor shrugs at the offered robe, having his coat as more than enough concealment. Though for a moment he looked as though he was about to do the stupid, chivalrous thing and offer it to the Angel before him before she'd been offered a robe, since he still had his underwear at least.

"You already know I'm no combatant, lady Beauty, nor do my talents lend themselves easily to making weapons of war, though they can be bent that way." He grimaces slightly as he steps forward. He's lying about how easy it is for him to do so, as Beauty knows from experience, but being easy by hand and easy on his spirit are two different things.

He does turn slightly to the other power in the room, "For what it's worth and for all you can trust a man you've never met, I can tell you that everything I've seen of her tells me she's speaking the truth. This is a very desperate situation and she's risking much. I apologize for treating the situation with so much flippancy, I have things to do back home that will suffer for a week of my absence, not the least if my cart gets ransacked sitting alone in a dirty park. But those are my own, small problems. I can't even imagine the problems it will cause a divine agent to be so suddenly pulled away." He pauses, wondering if he dares continue, before plunging on.

"Which is why I think you should hear her out, at least initially. Just as I cannot imagine your situation, I don't think it's possible for either of us to comprehend what would drive her to this." Left unsaid but hanging in the air is the very real other worry. "How do either of us get home without her willing help?" Connor isn't as worried about this as he was the last time he played guest here, but it's something that may weigh on the angel's mind.

[Another World]

"Yes, I am an angel." Ithuriel takes the offered robe and pulls it round herself, grumbling slightly as she tucks her wings in and pulls them through the gaps in the back, an errant feather or two drifting down to the ground. She raises a hand and creates a shimmering portal in front of her and-

Ah. Okay, well that's definitely not a way out then. The portal is swiftly dismissed before the weird eye-thing on the other side gets any ideas. She shrugs. "I had to check." Nice to know she's stuck here for a week. Hopefully some freaky timey wimey nonsense will occur to mean she's not actually away from her existing duties for that long. Although Intersection does have a procedure for these things, it just involves some reeeeally tedious paperwork. And the timing isn't the greatest either. Getting snatched away from one crisis to helps with another doesn't really seem particularly helpful, overall. If she gets back to find Inside in ruins, it's hardly a fair trade for saving some other place she's never heard of...particularly when she's getting all the wrong sorts of vibes from Beauty.

"I am Ithuriel, angel of redemption. My "warrior-like" appearance is entirely supernatural. I could never do a minute's exercise in my life and I'd still be cursed with these looks." Cursed perhaps not the typical phrase used for one blessed with eternal youth, but there's certain disadvantages to always looking quite so long. She'd be much happier if she'd be frozen at, say, 30 instead. "And as an angel of redemption, my duty is to help those who have become misguided or who are deserving of a second chance, wherever possible. What kind of warrior can't kill anyone they know can yet be turned from their harmful actions to a peaceful life?"

However, if refusing to help results in the deaths of everyone here...

Ithuriel lets out a tired sigh and rubs her forehead. Why her?

"In desperate times, even the most corrupt of kings might spin a tale of woe to seduce a brave and foolhardy knight to their cause. If you want me to help, I need to know that I'm helping the right people. And you have to accept that I cannot simply run around mindlessly killing people in your name if they could be spared and turned from their path."
    A New World

"I would suggest that you refrain from attempting to breach the walls of this reality so flippantly."
    Beauty remarks, frowning as she "looks" at the place the large and rheumy eldritch eye had been. "To do so threatens a possibility of gaining The Mother's attention. And it is she who we are fighting. Or rather, her cult." At that, she stands and begins sauntering her way to the exit of the room, gesturing for the pair to follow. "You seek proof that what you fight is evil? I cannot provide evil. I can provide proof of a horrific means of control and indoctrination into The Cult of The Mother however. As to their goals, you will simply need to take my word for it. In the end, they seek to repair this shattered realm. Noble, no?" She asks, the wry tone to her words telling them that they had something more behind them.

She leads them out of the chamber, down a windowless stone hallway, and to a stairwell heading down. There doesn't seem to be another soul in the halls and it feels a little colder than the last time Connor visited. A little lifeless perhaps.

"Grab a torch, could you?" She asks of Connor, gesturing towards a glowing green brand hanging on the wall next to the stairway.

"This world is not like others, Ithuriel. It floats between the realms, born upon the broken and busted body an a being so large and horrifying that it can only be considered unfathomable. It gave birth to us and we live a parasitic existence upon its broken carcass. I myself have been born from a fragment of its psyche. An ideal much like my sibling War and the others out there. Call us deities if you wish. The Mother is an ideal of life and birth. This much, Connor already knows. What I tried to shield him from last time however, is just what that would mean."

She stops in front of a door made of deep red muscle and flesh. "Luckily, I have anticipated the desire for proof and have it on hand. What She does is take the souls of the dead, devours them, and takes them into herself in order to give birth to a new world. She'll devour parts of this world, including my siblings and I, to do so. And in doing so, she would doom us all by forcing this world to give birth to another Entity." When she reaches out to the door, it ripples open, revealing a ragged young man hanging from chains. He's been stripped bare, but his muscles bulge as he struggles against the chains and the pair of visitors will find a large yellow eye grown into his chest. It takes up more than a hand's worth of space and stares unblinkingly at Ithuriel and Connor. There seems to be some sort of intelligence behind it as it also focuses on Beauty. When it does so, it lets out a scream rather than the man. It reverberates over minds, betraying the entity's rage and hatred.

"The Mother's Tongue is deep inside of him. It has devoured his soul, mind, and devours his body as we speak."
    Beauty explains before holding up a knife of bone, pure white. "It is behind the eye, entangled with his spine and brain. It will be a mercy." She says, offering the knife out for Ithuriel. "If you do not, I shall."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

Koshal nods even though he doesn’t really know how that would actually work.
    ”Well, if you’re okay that means my mission is accomplished. He only asked that I check on you. Thanks.” Who knew the mission would be so easy?

An Epic Quest

Willa does not roll her eyes, though she almost wants to. Do they think that if she were a spirit she wouldn’t be able to make some mischief on her own? Oh well, sounds like it’s more a tradition. Willa hands the guard her staff and two pouches. The stone from Message stays in her pocket.
    ”I do wish we could be a little more presentable.” she mutters, still brushing off dust.

19. - Top - End - #229

[Quiet Grove]

Lucy nods understandingly. Of course they're not gods!

She'd only sort of maybe partially thought Vivi was one.

Okay, maybe she'd genuinely thought it for a moment here or there, but she'd hadn't 100% committed to the idea!

A sly grin creeps over Lucy's face as she gently nudges Vivi in the side, "He's ruining my fun. How am I meant to properly worship you if I can't call you goddess?"

And then the moment passes and she smiles innocently somewhere vaguely in Sarcadian's direction, still not quite able to bring herself to look directly at the great stag. Sure, he may not be a god, but his form is undeniably godlike in appearance. Her jaw would drop halfway down to the forest floor if she stared directly at him!
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

"I've got a mission for you. Get me outta this hole. My device, here, is still a work in progress. First test had unintended consequences, so I think I'm best off carrying out further tests elsewhere. I'd rather not collapse more of my labs." That mission might be trickier, since Koshal didn't bring a ladder. Or a rope. And there's a golem wandering around somewhere, too.

21. - Top - End - #231

NinjaGuy

An Epic Quest

Corvus shrugs, but shakes his head when the guards turn to him.

"I've no weapons, nor items of power," he states flatly, but hands over a small pouch, in which the guards will find a small bit of jerky, a few packets of tea, and a small silver flask, which, when opened, they can tell at one point held something alcoholic, but is now empty. Curious that, despite his claim of being there to protect Willa, he's carrying no weapons, but then, a Champion of Luna such as he has little need for them. Truth be told, though, he wasn't expecting to teleport into the wilderness of a strange world when he left with Willa for MERC, and didn't feel the need to bring any of them with him.
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2019-03-26 at 08:11 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

Koshal looks confident but...unsure on how to proceed.
    "Okay. Do you have something to fly? Or levitate? Because I threw a rope down but that was it. I was planning on coming back for help if I needed to carry anyone out." Koshal's levitation allowed him to carry a woman once, but that was only going down two stories, not ascending a fairly large height.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

"This piece of junk was designed to fly, as well as teleport. Problem is... I'm not sure it can fit through the door. Hmm. Climb in, the pair of you. I'll see if it can get out of this hole and if you're inside it, I can't accidentally run you over with it." The old guy kicks the bronze sphere, though the sound is muffled by the enchantments on it working as intended.

Inside, it's bigger than it should be, and very comfortable. There's only a small window in the door, but there's a large, translucent panel in front of the seat the old guy's climbed into showing most of the sphere's surroundings. "Please don't touch any levers, buttons or switches, unless I tell you to. But there's drinks in the cupboard, if you're thirsty. Got water, lemonade or cola, if you can't have alcohol." There's a bench that Koshal could sit on, and a small kitchen area and a hammock tied between two posts. There are indeed drinks in a cupboard, one chilled by a shard of ice carved with runes and symbols.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

Koshal warily enters the transport sphere and snags the lemonade. He’s too young to drink alcohol and cola doesn’t sit well with his stomach.
    ”Don’t send us to the moon.” he says flatly.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

"What? Why'd I want to go there? I went yesterday, collected some moon rocks and stuff. I've got no need to go again so soon." The old man shakes his head and grabs hold of a wand that was resting on the arm of his chair and starts to move it around, like a joystick that isn't connected to anything. Koshal won't be able to feel the movement, or hear anything, but they are moving- if he looks out the one window or the wizard's illusionary display, he can see the sphere smashing through several narrow doorways and navigating the corridors, occasionally smashing into a wall. There's a flash and crackle of lightning as it passes through a door into the golem room, smashing into one of the tables and knocking tools and chunks of beef all over the place, before arriving in the base of the sinkhole, where the flesh golem Koshal encountered earlier is standing in front of it. "What that doing up and about? I didn't think I'd actually finished it. And it's supposed to be stuck in the room behind us, where it can't trigger any of the wards to get out. The... Wards I just destroyed by flying this thing through them." He sighs, and presses a button that creates the sound of a flock of geese flying over head.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

”I feel like there might have been an easier way to do that. You didn’t just release a horde of horrible monsters by wrecking your house did you? I hope you didn’t have anything valuable in there.”
    If the wizard was abandoning his house Koshal would have gladly taken some of the fancy magical items.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

"Ideally, I'd have teleported again. Flying in closed spaces are... Not ideal. But until I've figured out why I teleport so much when I use that function, I'll leave it be. And no, I didn't blow out a load of horrible monsters. Just that one. Which, I note, was already on the wrong side of the wards. It got out another way." Because Koshal left a door open. "I'll leave it be, for now. Just go up, and land, and... sigh Explain all this to my imbecile grandson who thinks magic is limited to bribing faeries with teeth and blood." Um... Not sure what kind of faerie the grandson's been dealing with, but they don't sound pleasant. It flies up and lands on the edge of the sinkhole, the door swinging open.

The wizard is not abandoning his house, he just needs to figure out how to actually leave, since the stair case he usually uses is no longer present. And the door at the top of the staircase is now in a pile of rubble at the bottom of a hole, which is less than ideal.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

Koshal shrugs. It doesn’t make a whole lot of difference to him. ”Faeries arent always so bad.” Like his goddess, and her father. Koshal has never met Cleo but has heard she can be helpful.
    ”Hello! We found your grandpa!” calls Koshal as he exits the pod.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Mysterious Sinkhole

"Aye, so you do. He do be dealing with faeries, though. They curdle milk and steal lambs afore they're born, and do be paid in teeth and blood." He's backed away, and is sounding nervous, though he's not run away.
    "Your mother's an old fool who wouldn't know real magic if it came up and bit her nose. Or a real faerie, either for that matter. And she's a hypocrite- what'd you think happened to all those teeth you lost when you were a child? Your mother buried 'em in a fairy circle and dripped her blood on the mushrooms before making a wish for gold. Didn't work, silly old cow. It was the wrong type of mushroom, and if it had been the right type of mushroom there'd still be no gold. That kind of faerie's not interested in granting wishes that don't cause suffering and pain." The old man's quite irritated at his grandson, which doesn't help his grandson's mood any. The young man pales, but doesn't back further away, instead turning to Koshal. "Aye, that do be me gaffer. Thank ye for getting him out."

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Sinkhole]

All of this is almost entirely lost on Koshal. He gives the grandson and wizard a friendly wave and starts to back away.
    "Okay, good luck with- all of that. Glad you're okay. " he says, eager to leave these nutty folks alone before someone gets cursed.