New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: I Want To Play A Different RPG That Isn't D&D And Pathfinder

Well I made my decision on which game to play and it's Vampire: The Masquerade.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

As some wise RPG sage said, "GURPS is like a cow. Don't try to eat the whole thing, just cut off a slice you like."

OP: Good luck with the vampiring!
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

3. - Top - End - #63

I suggest playing https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...e__Bloodlines/ first to get into the proper mindset.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    To be fair, Troll is just one of the ranks that everyone goes through after enough posts.
    When I first joined I thought it was the "Banned" rank. I'm not sure why, it would have been kind of funny though. Or "Troll out of the Playground".

Still I would recommend Roll for Shoes if you want really silly and really (really) rules light. Otherwise go with something else.

And I added 15 new games to my ever growing list of role-playing games. Including Pendragon, which I am surprised was not already on that list.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Fate and Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition can both be tailored to the OP's request, but I am sure they've been mentioned.

Something that I have never played but heard about once is a system called Vagabond. It is evidently a comedy game system about moving about the Multyverse, via portholes in public restrooms. Were you get things like The Believed Reality Power (Picture Wily E. Coyote running off a ledge and needing a moment to notice he's in the air before he falls.), The Rogers And Hammerstine Power (That Disney thing were everyone breaks out into song and dance, even if it makes no sense for them too.). The Murphy's Law power (Point out anything, no matter how statistically unlikely, that can go wrong, and it does.) and The Trench Coat Power (You have a trench coat and you can pull practically anything out of it, physics and economics be damned.).

It sounds like it might fit the bill.
    "I Burn!"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Something that I have never played but heard about once is a system called Vagabond. It is evidently a comedy game system about moving about the Multyverse, via portholes in public restrooms. Were you get things like The Believed Reality Power (Picture Wily E. Coyote running off a ledge and needing a moment to notice he's in the air before he falls.), The Rogers And Hammerstine Power (That Disney thing were everyone breaks out into song and dance, even if it makes no sense for them too.). The Murphy's Law power (Point out anything, no matter how statistically unlikely, that can go wrong, and it does.) and The Trench Coat Power (You have a trench coat and you can pull practically anything out of it, physics and economics be damned.).

It sounds like it might fit the bill.
    Tales From the Floating Vagabond? That one's been around quite a while.

PS: OP - there's apparently a sale on White Wolf PDFs (including Vampire) on DrivethruRPG for the next week.
    Last edited by Arbane; 2018-09-15 at 03:41 AM.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).