New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Alternity Zombie Apocalypse

So I'm going to be running a new game for my players and I decided to run a zombie apocalypse with the Alternity system. I've come up with one idea on how to get the party as a group to start and that's having them all be high school seniors on a class trip with a teacher or two. We have a party of 7. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can have them as a group, the zombie outbreak will be beginning as we get into session 1.
    When all else fails, find an Artificer, they will get it done!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Alternity Zombie Apocalypse

The characters could all be co-workers.

Or, you could have them as strangers that form a group as the outbreak happens to them while on vacation (a cruise ship could be an interesting scenario).

You could also go with the video game cliche of the outbreak happening while the characters are shopping at a mall/plaza.

Any of these could easily allow for a broader range of ages for the characters. As well as letting them start out either already knowing one another, or a group of strangers forced together by circumstance.

Will this be using the original rules of Alternity, or the newer rules? Just curious.
    Last edited by Digitalelf; 2018-09-06 at 12:55 AM.
    "Its amazing how hostile people can get about an entirely optional campaign setting that they werent forced to play."

-Weasel Fierce (of Dragonsfoot)-