New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: D&D 5e Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Seeing as a rest is probable, he helps defend the gates with the essence of flames. I went here on behalf of a man named Leosin Erlanthar. Did he manage to get here? Orin asks one of the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fira plus Fire Bolt spam to discourage any attacks on the gates

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

As Orin starts attacking the vast army. 8 Kobolds start attacking back with their slings. Though none of them hit this, and the very fact that he is attacking with flame causes an Elderly Gentleman to come over and say "My Lord, Whatever are you doing? I was just coming over to find the people that saved The Smith Family. But, I Fear that I see insanity was the cause of why you came. But come come, I need to grab the other fellows as well. There's much to be done, and I need all the capable hands that I can get. Hope you didn't provoke them I was quite thankful in the fact they didn't Me seeming to build an offensive and are instead interested in keeping us detained behind these walls while they loot, and do even worse things to those still outside the walls." As He goes about searching for the others.

Rosewood finds there are about 38 guards all covering the walls, and about 98 civilians. It seems like not a lot of people made it. But Rosewood finds that the overall tone of the enemies isn't a siege on the walls, but rather to keep that are already in inside. Rosewood also notices that the fire has earned the ire of some kobolds that were tasked in guarding the walls.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-09-22 at 10:38 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Orin bows before the elderly man. I am sorry to have lashed out. They burned down a whole village, and destroyed their livelihood. I did not come for the sense of adventure but because of what my dear friend Leosin Erlanthar asked it off me. And I could not turn back seeing a town in flames. Could you tell us more? Is the dragon still here? What is your plan? Why did this happen? Orin is honestly puzzled and now that the immediate danger is gone, questions pour out of his mouth. Asking questions and finding answers was everything his childhood in Candlekeep was about, after all.
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-09-22 at 09:34 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64

Sunimar Crimsonhand
    Half-Orc Galdiator, Student of Ontharr
    Conditions: --

This is horrible, Sunimar looks over the survivors that were able to make, wondering how many more couldn't or are still out there. Think, what would Ontharr want me to do. She looks around before deciding to approach a nearby guard, "Hey, I'm Sunimar, just looking to help. How long has this siege been going on for?"
    I walk away from the corpse...eyelids fluttering in the wind.

5. - Top - End - #65

EvilClericGuy

Governor Nighthill says "I'm the Governor here. I've seen, and know most of the town, and knowing so many die is heartbreaking, but it is at times like this. Where I need to stand strong, so I'll tell you what I know, but it's not much. The Dragon is still here, It flies across the city every so often. My Plan right now is to save the people. We're surrounded it came by surprise, and I believe the reason for the attack is it's rather wealthy nature as a Trading hub it isn't unlikely some leader gathered an army to deal with the guards and townsfolk so he could loot, and pillage as he so desired. The Dragon is truly fearsome, but hasn't attacked yet simply flying over the sky. I'll show you to the parapet along with the rest of your group here. I have a plan, and you are the most capable warriors from what I've heard, and Frankly I need all the guards here to keep anything bad from happening. My plans revolve around keeping everyone here safe, and rescuing more people outside of the keep. "

The Guard replies to Sunimar "I'd have to say the attack started around noon, and It's night now, so a third of a day? I'm guessing.

As Governor Night-hill Finds Sunimar. "Ah, another. I would like to request you of your services. I need all the hands I can get to save my Townsfolk. and I'm sure you can handle it.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Who would be able to subjugate such a beast? Does your city have any enemies to speak of? We don't have much time, so explain your plan but please try to give us the details we need to survive.
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-09-22 at 11:34 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

EvilClericGuy

Governor Nighthill replies to the questioning as he continues looking for the last two. ""What beast is subjugated? I'm not aware of any enemies that at the very least could do this. To make a plan I need information, and I’d give anything to know what we’re up against, and why. For that, we need prisoners. A commander, even a low-ranking one, is best.”"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood
    Warforged Geomancer of the Emerald Enclave
    Concentrating on: --

At this point Rosewood speaks up, "I believe we could attempt such a thing and perhaps rescue a few more citizens if we find the opportunity. Do you have anything that could be of aid to us in this task?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

The dragon! I haven't read much about these things getting dominated so easily but we should avoid it for now. Orin looks at Rosewood while she 'speaks' and just nods with determination. So your plan then, governor?
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-09-24 at 01:24 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70

EvilClericGuy

After he finds everyone Governor Nighthill replies "After I show you to the perapet. There is an old tunnel which can be taken to reenter the city away from the keep” Leading them to the perapet of the keep. Governor Nighthill points to a Woman in purple robes surrounded by 12 body guards. "And Here We are. Right there you can see The Likely leader of the enemy forces. I'd caution You to not go near her someone that is anything as simple as a lowly captain would work out well. ”

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

"Do you know how we could identify a captain?" Rosewood asks and peers out at the array of forces to check if there are obvious differences in arms, equipment, and style of dress in the arrayed forces aside from "kobold and not kobold".

12. - Top - End - #72

EvilClericGuy

Governor Nighthill answers Rosewood "They Typically wear robes Like the man I alluded to the color of the robe seems to identify the station from what I've been able to observe, and learn. ”

13. - Top - End - #73

Sunimar Crimsonhand

Wait, Sunimar interjects, if this tunnel can take us in and out of the keep, then it's possible that we can still save some of the people stranded!" She turns to the Governor, "Do you know anywhere else people would go if they couldn't make? Or...do you think those bastards got them all."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Have you tried interrogating her? What does she know? Orin adds after being shown the secret tunnel. And if we use the tunnel too frequently, won't the enemy forces realize where it is?
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-09-25 at 09:24 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

EvilClericGuy

Governor Nighthill answers The Party "I'd wager some would try and hold up in the church. Interrogating the Enemy leader surrounded by body guards who is outside of the keep in the midst of her army? Gee why didn't I think of that? ”

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

So you advise us to NOT attack the possibly mighty spellcaster that controls hundreds of kobolds and dozens of cultists as well as a dragon? Gee, thanks, Elminster. I thought you had him prisoner! Orin looks visibly irritated, heavily breathing and shaking with his whole body out of anger.

Orin takes a deep breath. Socrates, scout out the city for refugees.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+3)[15]

17. - Top - End - #77

EvilClericGuy

Socrates finds mounds of dead corpses where he spots countless rats, and mice. Wherever he looks from an aerial view the people don't seem to be hiding outside, or on rooftops and Socrates can see why the enemies on the ground, and the aerial flyers of the Dragon, and more importantly The Winged kobolds which one in every 20 living kobolds seem to be one. Socrates spots a diamond in a jeweler's hand small and the color a minty green. It seems it would be valuable to be picked up.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-09-25 at 12:11 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Socrates finds mounds of dead corpses where he spots countless rats, and mice. Wherever he looks from an aerial view the people don't seem to be hiding outside, or on rooftops and Socrates can see why the enemies on the ground, and the aerial flyers of the Dragon, and more importantly The Winged kobolds which one in every 20 living kobolds seem to be one. Socrates spots a diamond in a jeweler's hand small and the color a minty green. It seems it would be valuable to be picked up.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

After thinking this information over for a moment, Rosewoods asks, "Can he see where the jewler's store is? If so is that the kind of thing this group would be interested in?" Her tone of voice implies that she personally isn't too concerned with wealth, but is aware others are.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

You can go rescue that gem if you want it so badly. I will stay here and defend the fort with the others. Guard, would you please point me to your captain? The black mage turns his back, stretching out his right arm for Socrates to land. The owl is enveloped in a blueish arcane glow and vanishes. The black mage leaves without another word.
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-09-27 at 01:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

EvilClericGuy

As he disappears in his place is the same green clear diamond that his familiar found just recently.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Not quite sure what to make of Orin's petulant exit, Rosewood determines the group is probably better off without someone who would abandon them at the drop of a hat. She picks up the gem, sure it will be useful to the group in the future.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

What you thought merely a child closes a large book to reveal his features as a middle aged gnome steps forward and tugs on the governors pant leg. This gnome is unusually short with bent spectacles with what seems various holy symbols that float across his rather ordinary clothing. Um... Sir.... If they are going after survivors I think I should go to. There's no one to patch up here and they may be injured. I'd never make it myself. I feel badly I didn't pay any attention before and I've got to make up for it. I had no idea we are under attack I was so engrossed in my book. I could have saved more.

A white bird flies down from overhead and lands on the small gnomes head. Everyone meet Damien my name is Heath. Damien can take a look around for us so we don't walk in blind.. The cockatoo waves a taken and grabs the book from heath and places it into his backpack.

The gnome pulls out a hand full of berries and hands everyone 2 he and rosewood take 3. These will stave off death use them in an emergency. Noticing just now that rosewood isn't flesh and blood says I'm not sure these will effect you how bout we give everyone else an extra 1 I mean does your mouth even open? You have to take these orally after all. I'm not entirely sure I can heal something like you but I'm fascinated to find out.

He waits patiently petting Damien until everyone is ready
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2018-10-07 at 02:00 AM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

The lights on Rosewood briefly turn orange and she makes a noise like a chuckle and holds her hand out which contain three of her own goodberries. "Yes, I'm aware of how they work and I can use them just fine. Healing magic effects me much the same as it does any other living creature." she says, perhaps perplexingly not showing the fact of how it is she can eat things to the gnome.

After putting her goodberries back away, she extends and hand and says, "Greetings. I am Rosewood." then she looks to the bird and says, "It is nice to meet you Damien."

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

"Thanks for the aid, Heath." Lanetta looks around. "We should get moving."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #86

EvilClericGuy

Governor Nighthill leads the way to the old tunnel. He points to a wall with boxes in front of it, and says " There it is. The Tunnel we haven't really expected this turn of events. I guess that it was bound to happen eventually, so Would you mind giving me a hand to move the boxes? ”

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Rosewood gives a nod and begins moving boxes out of the way. As they do so she asks, "How long has this been closed up like this?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Heath looks down at his hands and up at the boxes uhh.... I'll try and help.

He looks for smaller boxes and struggles.
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2018-10-10 at 08:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Lanetta lifts some boxes too. She especially tries to help the gnome, since he's a bit disadvantaged at this sort of thing.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #90

Sunimar Crimsonhand

Sunimar begins lifting the boxes with ease, practically throwing them out the way. "So we clear this tunnel and then what, storm the church? I don't think we should try drawing to much attention to ourselves, especially if we're going to be running with civilians again." She asked, scooting past her allies with a box on each shoulder.