New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default Re: D&D 5e Hoard of the Dragon Queen

With The Acolyte dead. The Party was victorious in yet another fight.

2. - Top - End - #182

Sunimar Crimsonhand
    Half-Orc Galdiator, Student of Ontharr
    Conditions: --

Sunimar catches her breath, slinging her lance over her shoulder. "I'm gonna search these bodies, see if they have anything on them." She begins looting the corpses, starting with the acolyte.
    I walk away from the corpse...eyelids fluttering in the wind.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

I'll head in first. Gotta tend to the wounded and I think I'd be the least threatening to these scared individuals. Speaking of which I think we should all take a break while I treat them. They cant make the journey so well in pain and all of you look worse for the wear. I'm sorry i botched everything up and got you hurt rosewood. Maybe we should fortify a tad in that time in case any patrols show up. with that he tries to go in the church. He knocks 3 timesHello all. Id like to come in and treat your wounds if youd allow me and then we can take you back to somewhere safer. It may be useful if youd share all you know about this situation we find ourselves in.

If he can go in he will begin treating the wounded

4. - Top - End - #184

EvilClericGuy

As Heath knocked on the door, a Man no older than 16 wielding a spear looks through the cracked wall, seeing the guards dead, and after a bit of hushed discussion. The Man Opens the door.I know not, about the scourge the beasts brought. They killed my family, and many a loved one. I had been prepared to fight off that group for a time, so that others might attempt to escape. Most of us are wounded, but they can still walk. The offer of escape is most welcome. I do however know that there is a church with other survivors nearby. We had decided if they broke through here to attempt to escape there. Melia's Brother Tobor is supposed to be there. The Boy lets you into the house. It looks quite refined, and you note that there's a fire made out of furniture in the center of the room. Kept at bay by careful watch by a wounded man.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-02-08 at 09:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood
    Warforged Geomancer of the Emerald Enclave
    HP: 1/12
    Concentrating on: --

"Perhaps it would be best if they went to the keep while we investigate the situation at the church?" Rosewood suggests. Assuming all agree she gives directions to the townsfolk on how to get to the secret entrance.

6. - Top - End - #186

EvilClericGuy

We had no idea of such a tunnel, thank you for telling us. We'll depart right away. I'll make sure everyone gets there safely The Boy replied, with his weapon in hand he guides his fellow townsfolk to the secret tunnel.

7. - Top - End - #187

EvilClericGuy

Except you notice a couple of the able bodied fighters, who had been a part of the group decided to stick around, and team up with you, as two of your current group decide to help guide them back to town.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

A slender but strong-looking Genasi breaks off from the group headed towards the secret tunnel. He appraises the two adventurers, and a glimmer of faint recognition flashes over his eyes as he notices Rosewood being ... whatever she calls herself. He steps forward towards the pair, his trusted flail resting over his right shoulder. He speaks bluntly, not wanting to mince words when so much tension was hanging in the air. "You need a shield. I offer you mine, and the arm that carries it." He waits only a moment for a response before reaching for his pack of supplies, making sure the emblem of the Emerald Enclave he had pinned to one of the straps was in plain view of the wooden one.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

A dusky elf looks from the genasi to the weary adventurers and chuckles warmly. Her extraordinarily slender build, long copper-red hair and sparkling golden eyes mark her as eladrin, a child of the Feywild. Autumn-aspected, most likely.

"He's very dramatic. I'm Pippa, nice to meet you!"

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Rosewood turns around surprised to see more people, especially those who seem capable of defending themselves and others. Her lights go violet and her floating bits give a twirl for a moment before both things return to normal.
    "It is good to find you here Brother. I am Rosewood." she says to the genasi after noticing their emblem. She sounds pleased, but also a little unsure.
    Then turning to look at the other arrival she says, "And it is nice to meet you too..." There is a pause and she states with curiosity though rather bluntly as if she has any right to be mystified about what others are, "I am unsure what kind of elf you are."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

Pippa laughs.

"Eladrin. We mostly live in the Feywild, but I came here to meet interesting people. And look, here you are!"

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Rosewood nods at this and affirms, "I am." There is a pause, her lights briefly turn orange, she gestures in the gnome's direction, and notes, "And Heath is also here." The way she says it sounds like she's implying she intentionally separated Heath from the "interesting people" comment.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

An unusually short gnome with a cockatoo almost as tall as he perched on his shoulder speaks. Glowing white robes has various symbols float all over him. He carries a book that would be hard for a strong orc to carry one handed that appears to be a dictionary. Intrest is subjective to the beholder and not the multieyed monster of legend. I agree that a gnome amoung you three may not seem that interesting however the knowlege and expierience I hold are. So id like to think myself very interesting but prefer if no one else does. Draws too much attention and bothersome. We have fallen on harder times then id like and would love some help so thank you both. This is Damien and he is a cockatoo and will be scouting for us thusly.
    Heath releases Damien to find thier next destination.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

The genasi nods at each of the introductions. They all seemed friendly enough. Perhaps too friendly, considering the city's current state of chaos, but he chose to hold his tongue for now in favor of the gnome having the next steps laid out. Gathering more information would be useful. He finally gives his own name once everyone has finished with their own introductions. "Call me Breocar. We should move quickly, the kobolds will not hesitate," he says as he checks the straps on his shield.
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

15. - Top - End - #195

EvilClericGuy

Damien flies and notices the church. They had moved closer to it, as they got here. It seems that there were enemies already outside the gates. They appeared to be casing the place at the moment, but there was no way to know when they'd start to make their move. Damien only noticed this since he flew up high to analyze the situation and s bit closer. The bird noticed the dragon was far enough way they didn't have to worry about it. Damien notices that there are at the very least 15 enemies, but there is likely more since there is smoke coming from behind the church.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-03-12 at 12:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Heath relays the situation to the group.

I'm no fighter and rosewood is pretty hurt. I dont think it wise to take them all on. We seem safe here. I'm sending Damien in closer to find another entrance. It will take some time. I dont think anyone inside is in any danger just yet but I'll keep my senses out with Damien. We could also begin walking but I'd not have any of my faculties while sensing what my bird senses.

Heath asks Damien if maybe there is a diffrent way in as he searches as well using his companions eyes
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2019-03-12 at 02:58 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197

EvilClericGuy

Damien flies forward as he nears it the situation changes it's fully cased by the people. There appears to be 2 knowns groups to damien. Group A consists of one dragonclaw, two cultists, and six kobolds. The cultists are handling the ram while the kobolds stand guard in case the town militia mounts a counterattack. The dragonclaw is in charge. The kobold guards are alert, but they are distracted when Group B passes in front of the temple. Group B consists of three cultists, ten kobolds, and two ambush drakes strung out in a mob that stretches 50 feet. This procession with leaping and whirling kobolds completes one circuit around the temple approximately every eight minutes about 2 minutes per side of the church. He notices in the back there appears to be smoke, Damien decides to go in the smoke and sees Group C consists of two cultists and six kobolds clustered tightly around the temple’s back door. Them keeping a meager fire which produces little flame, instead creating prodigious clouds of thick smoke that engulf the back of the temple and blanket the surrounding 30 feet of ground. Everything in the smoke is lightly obscured, and objects or creatures that are seen through more than 15 feet of smoke are heavily obscured.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-03-12 at 03:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Heath relays that information

For anyone who doesnt know ambush drakes are basically like tigers but reptilian from the feline draconis family. When I say dragon claws I dont mean disembodied dragon-claws I mean thats a rank of cultist that leads the worship of dragons.

Based on this information I believe we could go directly for the arsons using the cover of smoke and the night.

He recalls damien
    Last edited by zylodrizzt; 2019-03-12 at 04:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

EvilClericGuy

Damien flies back, keeping his present undetected by the group of enemies, and perches on heath's shoulder.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2019-03-12 at 04:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

"Perhaps we could deal with the smallest group you mentioned and try to sneak in with the smoke for cover?" Rosewood suggests.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

"I like that plan," says Pippa, "in and out like church mice."

She giggles to herself. Church mice!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Breocar agrees with the plan, and prepares to be at the front of their group when it comes time to sneak. Just in case, he swaps his flail for one of his axes. Always helps to be able to throw something in a pinch.

23. - Top - End - #203

EvilClericGuy

As They Arrive Ready to Strike at the Enemy They Notice the Temple in much clearer detail than before. The temple is a large building, made of fieldstone with a peaked slate roof, and square in shape. It is taller than most other buildings in town. Inside, the altar occupies the middle of the temple, with other worship areas arranged around it. And due to your proximity to the smoke, you notice that the temple had scorch marks as if someone had tried to light it, but it didn't take. Now you prepare for the surprise attack which will give you guys plenty of time to strike at them, before they can retaliate in kind.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Pippa darts into the smoke, singing words of magic and twirling her flute. She cracks a kobold across the skull with the glowing instrument, and a burst of flame explodes from the impact, searing the cultist behind it.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

As they approach the back of the church, Rosewood notices that she and Heath are completely exposed. She looks at the ground and says to Heath, "Here is fine." to get him to stop walking forwards. With her left hand she motions to the ground a bit in front of them and a sizable amount of dirt flows out of the ground and in front of Heath, making an earthen barrier. With her right hand she conjures forth a blob of sizzling green acid and lobs it into the smoke where she believes the cultists are.

Spoiler
    Show

Bonus action, Mold Earth to make a 5' ditch in BB26 and a 5' barrier in BC26.

Acid Splash on Cultist 1 & 2. DC 14 Dex save or take (1d6)[6] acid damage.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Having taken their opponents by suprise, Breocar knew what was required of him. He charged in, shouting as he felt the familiar rage overtake him. He jumped just before he expeted to strike, the extra weight hopefully crashing into the unfortunate kobold which stood between him and his goal; the door behind them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action: Rage
    Move to AW26
    Attack Kobold (preferably AV26, otherwise closest living): (1d20+4)[8] for (1d20+4)[11]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Heath summons the white mages power into his words (ward warrior spoken in a combination of draconic and gnome) as they take shape into tiny glowing white shields and surround breocar.

(1d4+4)[7] temp up

Damien goes to provide help to breocar against a kobold and flies out again distracting the creature.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

"Good work so far team," declares Pippa, dancing between the kobolds and striking another. Once more fire bursts from the impact and sears the remaining cultist.

29. - Top - End - #209

EvilClericGuy

The Cultist licked by the flame, and in great pain, attempts to hit him, but the darkness, and the pain causes his scimitar attack to swing widely. Causing him to miss Pippa.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

Rosewood

Rosewood lobs another ball of acid into the smoke and having a sudden thought, makes a sort of twisting motion with her other hand and the intensity of the fire flares up. As she was pretty sure she could see a figure standing quite close to it.

Spoiler
    Show

Bonus action, Control Flames on the fire to make it a big fire.

Acid Splash on Cultist 1 & K6. DC 14 Dex save or take (1d6)[2] acid damage.