The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Into the Tideless Expanse OOC

This is the OOC thread for Into the Tideless Expanse. Repost your character sheets, and prepare for adventure on the high seas!

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Into the Tideless Expanse OOC

This post reserved for ST use.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Cerulean Star Mantis

Here's mine.
    I'll use this colour for speech if possible.
    Last edited by farothel; 2018-09-08 at 03:04 PM.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

And I'll use this color!

Okay guys, here's the rough version of Pepper's sheet. I can put together a much nicer one tomorrow after work, but if anyone can help critique my choices here, in case I've botched a few things (I think I may have messed up her health and hearthstone) in the meantime, she should be ship-shape before Monday. Also, after discovering the Solar Bolt charm, I more or less grafted that onto her sword as a ...freebie, but this may not be as okay as I hope.

Spoiler: Pepper Crowe
    Show

Character concept: Battle Maid

Theme Music: "I May Fall", RWBY soundtrack vol. 1, "Frog's Theme", Chrono Trigger

Solar Dawn Caste

Anima: A jagged, 6-spoke Spinning Fire Wheel of red-gold light

Motivation:
    To clean up the world, to uphold Justice and remain humble this time, without losing sight of her duty

Physical (8)
    -STR ••••
    -Dex •••• •
    -Sta •••

Social (4)
    -Cha •••
    -Man ••
    -App ••

Mental (6)
    -Per ••••
    -Int ••
    -Wit •••

Abilities
    Dawn
    Martial Arts •
    Melee ••••• (Swords)
    Archery ••• (Energy Bolt)
    War •••

Abilities
    *Integrity ••
    *Medicine ••
    *Dodge •••
    *Athletics •••
    Bureaucracy •
    Socialize ••
    *Resistance •••
    Awareness ••

Essence: •••
    -Personal: 15
    -Peripheral: 36
    Willpower: ••••••
    Health: 10

Backgrounds:

Artifact •••
    Sun Razor
    (Special) Reaper Daiklave
    Gives the User ability to use Blazing Solar Bolt only as an archery based charm, negates the mote cost/at reduced mote cost

Manse ••
    Lv. 3 Demense/Hearthstone inserted into Sun Razor

(remaing •• dots devoted to party wealth/money)

Virtues:
    Compassion •
    Conviction •••
    Temperance ••
    Valor •••
    Flaw: Valor/Berserker Anger

Charms
    Bonus: x3 Ox-Body technique
    Bonus: 1st, 2nd Melee Excellencies,
    1st Archery Excellency

HUNGRY TIGER TECHNIQUE
    One Weapon, Two Blows
    Peony Blossom Attack
    Iron Whirlwind Attack

Call the Blade
    Summoning the Loyal steel
    Dipping Swallow Defense
    Solar counterattack

Monkey Leap Tech
    Soaring Crane Leap

Bonus points:
    -7 Essence 3 •
    -4 Abilities: Melee 4 and 5
    -4 Dex 5 •
    -1 2f1 Specialty (Melee/Sword, Archery/Sword Bolt)
    -4 (?) Extra (Favored Caste) Charm Or Str 5

Spoiler: Appearance
    Show

Just shy of being pretty, Pepper Crow (a name she's kept following her exaltation) is a skinny, lean featured young woman with prickly raven black hair and red-brown eyes. Her skin is evenly stuck between fair and tanned, her hands long fingered and adroit and she has a balanced, swordsman's poise and gait. Oddly, she is still wearing a maid's outfit: a dark black-green dress with a giant off white bow/sash and a matching white ribbon pinned at the collar like a corsage. She wears two (fake) jade anklets and soft maniner shoes, the only alteration she made to her costume after abandoning the heels she was once forced to wear. Her cheeks are prone to blushing.

Sun Razor is a reaper daiklave that she carries with little to no effort, often one handed. It is a single slashing edged sword of about 4 and a half feet long with a pale airy blue hearthstone in its hilt and a dark gray blood channel and grip and trim surrounding its golden edge. Unlike many daiklaves it seems almost pragmatic and utilitarian, albeit still given the intricate quality of a first age weapon. There is a sense of usefulness to the sword, as if a master craftsman set out to make a reliable weapon more than a fanciful one.

Spoiler: Personality
    Show
    Pepper Crow behaves with a forced sense of humility and a natural grace. She secretly retains far more memories of her First Age persona than she lets on, but masks this with congenial, polite mannerisms formed from her secular life as a house maid. Underneath sits a hardened tactical mind and a warrior's grit when push comes to shove. A deft, to the point fighter unburdened from seeking glory or adulation, she just wants to slay her enemies and bring order back to the world. A hard worker in both regards as a warrior and maid, she nominated herself as cabin boy to the crew and when it's clear her warrior powers are not needed she seems to need to pentinent degrees to be off cleaning something. Conversely, she won't stoop to using false modesty and is relatviely upfront about what fighting capacities she has regained post Exalting and won't ever tell herself she isn't needed when planning and tactics need to be discussed. As a companion, though her politeness is at times an annoyance, she remains dependable and above all respectful to her comrades, even if she'll readily place their safety and needs above her own.

Her only known hobby is kenjutsu, conveniently with the only item she seems to treasure: her daiklave, but she is known to read both books and maps if she has literally nothing else to do. Discussions about revelry and love making embarrass her, and unlike the few other Solars she's encountered she is in no hurry to re-discover her Lunar mate.

Spoiler: History
    Show
    Don't ever ask Pepper Crow about General Revolkan.

He was one of the mightest, swiftest generals of the First Age. He trained and worked his way to the top from the first moment a sword was placed in his hands, a treatsie on warfare placed before his eyes. Sun Razor was the first reward he was ever given for his impressive labors. Though larger, more powerful weapons were eventually his to claim, he always kept the reaper by his side, as a testament to the value of effort and perserverance.

But the Pinnacle he would reach as General was really a plateau. With threats routed and no challenges left for him to conquer, Revolkan grew complacent. His quest for perfection stagnated without clear goals, and his decision making suffered. In particular, he became less choosey of the quality of his subordinants-- easily swayed by displays of strength and skill rather than depth of character or track record. His massive army became little more than a golden apple filler with worms and a rotting core, as Revolkan grew lazy. His was a violent end during the Usurpation. Revolkan, slow to take note of rebellion, eventually tried to amass his forces onot to discover they were fighting between himselves, his traitorous commanders vying for supremacy until they started coming for him. He was assaulted by his own army, well before the Terrestial Forces would fall upon them, his fortress and armory torn from his reach...

...And yet in the chaos his hands feel upon Sun Razor. A reminder of his legacy, of who he used to be, Revolkan was granted before his death a moment of clarity. Desperate to seek any kind of redemption, he spun his sword round and round, creating a tornado that brought down the walls around himself and his attackers, before he hurled his sword away, pleading to whatever mercies left that it would one day return to a worthy hand.

Centuries later in the Coral Archipelago, a destitute man by the name of Creste Crow was forced to sell his children into indentured servitude in order to pay off his debts. He would eventually drown himself rather than face a society that considered him poor. Pepper, separated from anything she had ever known was quickly beaten into disciplined shape, a demure and subserviant young woman working for an opulent and conniving gambler named Bolosche. She was afforded fine clothes only for appearance's sake; any depature from norms or displeasing her boss would lead to a caning. Whatever spirit she had was chained down. Her whole worldview was based on the way Coral operated; she felt she had no hope to change or improve any of it. As such, all Pepper wanted was to do a good job, to escape notice was her greatest reward. She worked twice as hard as any maiden but no one really paid attention unless she made any sort of error; she was even unpopular amongst the other maids who found her dutifulness as a sign she thought herself better than them. Meanwhile Bolosche, though a thrifty and wily man when it came to coin and conquest, would turn out to be unlucky with weather. His island compound was right in the path of a perpetual tornado that had been spinning for ages past. Why it came seaward is anyone's guess but Boloshe's household was in chaos as everyone from the man himself down to his servants fought and scrambled to grab riches and an assured escape. It was a bloody free for all as they fell upon each other, apart from Pepper. Already a beaten spirit, she offered no struggle, willing to let anyone else take an escape, even helping them carry their gear until she was kicked away and abandoned. Her only act of defiance was to climb to the top of Bolosche's estate to face her doom head on. Screaming winds would not deter her, but rather than face eradication... the winds slowed. Their howls failed to move this single woman and from the blacky skies a shimmer of gold spun, hurtling headlong towards Pepper. Without thinking she raised her had up, snatching from its millenia long journey a familiar daiklave.

Sun Razor found its master once more.

And as light swept away the storm, Pepper exalted. From her sword came power, memory, purpose. Humbled that Sun Razor chose her reincarnation over anyone else, Pepper realized she'd been even more foolish than Revolkan. Of course she had a choice. A chance. The power to rise up against a restrictive, courrpt rule. And she was going to take it, come hell or high water. Bolosche didn't live long afterwards, looters found him dead from a sword slice days after the tornado stormed through, and nobody found it odd a heft sum of his property, and one maid, were missing...

Spoiler: Goals:
    Show

Regain her honor, restore order, but continue to remain penitent due to her life in the first Age. She has complexities regarding her Lunar Mate--if they even exists. Revolkan's Lunar was a massive Lioness Lunar in the First Age, but given Pepper's body dysphoria and other...issues, she both wants and fears reuniting with them, not sure if them now being a man or woman would be worse.

Last edited by tonberryking; 2018-09-13 at 02:06 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hidden Thunder is here, and using this color!

6. - Top - End - #6

White Paw: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I'll be using Golden Rod, I guess?
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2018-09-10 at 06:18 AM.
    LGBTitP, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter
    My long singature

7. - Top - End - #7

OrcBarbarianGuy

Here is my character sheet, and here are my ability cards.

The only thing not shown in Background section or elsewhere on the sheet is 1 dot of Followers, to symbolise the barbarian sailors that crewed the vessel I was sent out on. I imagine their hilarious misunderstanding of "civilised" culture might be fun.

I shall use Teal for speech

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

Here is my sheet :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10K2dU0qWPKQVXXBg2Rr2Yz-zWhdvvTgN/view?usp=sharing

I shall speak in lime
    Last edited by ben_nbtmn; 2018-09-11 at 12:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Forgot to post my sheet, but I put it up and I'm going to be modifying it basted on suggestions from the recruitment thread (where I posted some response question.) sorry for the delay, some RL issues came up.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Should be getting the IC up tonight.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

OOC thread is now live!

Also, what may or may not be your theme song for this chronicle:

Last edited by Lentrax; 2018-09-15 at 01:16 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #12

ElfRangerGuy

Okay, I've made the first post. I assume that we don't know about the Island yet, having been on the sea for a while. I plan on going to the Tya chapterhouse later and also checking out some Merchants for our cargo and to get another cargo (we'll probably be drawn into something before that happens, but in game I don't know that )

I've placed ourselves in the port of Gateway on Abalone, for reasons explained in my post. If that's not okay, let me know and I'll adapt.
    I've also named the ship, as it's technically my ship. If people have other suggestions for a name, I can edit. I used Tranquility as in an old realm dialect that translates to Luthe. I bit of an insider and I assume that there are more ships with names like that. Untamed is just because it makes a nice joke in conjunction with Tranquility.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, since there is no horizon in Exalted, per se, you do know that it has appeared.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2018-09-15 at 09:45 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #14

ElfRangerGuy

I'll leave my post for now and I'll bring it up later. I'm going to have one of my two major contacts in this city if that's okay with you. I'll work out who (probably a merchant of some sort).

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

That works for me.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

So right now in this port, are we setting ourselves up as privateers, or smugglers or even just a "Legitimate Business" front? Pepper is more of a frontline fighter but I don't want her to be just dusting cannonballs or something if there more that I can do to help Farothel/Mantis.

17. - Top - End - #17

ElfRangerGuy

You have socialise, so you can talk to people, get information, stuff like that. I'll be talking mostly with merchants and the Tya, so you can have some words with mercenaries and soldiers for instance. They might know things their employers don't.

I'm not sure what we're going to do, but resupply is definitely one of them. Most probably visit that island.

18. - Top - End - #18

ElfRangerGuy

@ben_nbtmn: I assume that Ivory would join. If not, just post and I'll edit mine.
    I've stopped here so we could have some conversation while walking if you want. If not, we can directly arrive.

@Lentrax: what kind of cargo do we have with us, or can I make something up. I've added 2 contacts to my character sheet. If you don't agree, let me know and I'll change it.

@Rattigan: Pale Ocean is the captain of the ship, right?
    Last edited by farothel; 2018-09-18 at 01:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

You can have pretty much whatever cargo you want. Nothing fancy, nothing to justify an increase in Resources or Artifact, or anything like that.

As far as the contacts are concerned, I don't see a problem with them at all.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #20

ElfRangerGuy

OK, great. Let's get back to posting.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

@farothel I don't have anything to immediately discuss. Ivory dosn't have much social ability other than their magic Lunar friendly smell so totally fine just observing for now.

22. - Top - End - #22

Wait, wait! Have we already started? 0_O Because I havent seen a link anywhere either here on in recruitment...? 0_O

Booooooo, I'm lost and I'm late : < I always am : < xD

EDIT: Okay, i posted. Sorry guys, my hold of the Universe around me was always... slight :P
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2018-09-19 at 04:07 PM.
    My long singature

23. - Top - End - #23

ElfRangerGuy

Lentrax put in his post OOC tread live, but it was IC actually.

I have subscribed for all my PbPs to both the OOC and IC treads so I know when a new posts arrives.

24. - Top - End - #24

Yeah, I'm also subscribing all the topics, just I kinda... did not realize that IC was live, so I obviously could not? xD

LOL, I'm a weird kind of person :P Very... out of touch with life? :P
    My long singature

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Please enjoy my terrible attempts at writing accents for NPCs.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Guys, I am so sorry. I had the wrong thread bookmarked. I'll get to fixing my silence shortly.

27. - Top - End - #27

Hm, Pale Ocean and Paw are in the tawern, right?

[Sorry, I am not sure :P]
    My long singature

28. - Top - End - #28

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Hm, Pale Ocean and Paw are in the tawern, right?

[Sorry, I am not sure :P]
    That's what it looks like yes. Can always handwave my thaumaturgy related purchases and inquiries with a simple roll, like Pepper Crow did.

When I made my post, I initially made it vague so whichever of the other players wanted to come too could.
    For example, Hidden Thunder and his Godblood ladyfriend.

Will make a post shortly about my barbarian followers getting into mischief, and the effect an Appearance 5+ person might have on the town inhabitants

29. - Top - End - #29

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post
    Will make a post shortly about my barbarian followers getting into mischief, and the effect an Appearance 5+ person might have on the town inhabitants
    How many followers do you have. A yacht can only have that many people onboard.

@Lentrax: I thought there wasn't a satrapy HQ in this city, which is why I went there and not to the capital. There might be a small building for satrapy business of course.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

It’s basically an outpost. A building ostensibly for officials, but everyone knows it is for the Realm to keep a hand in what is going on in the West.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!