New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [5e] Shackles of Blood

Guro
    Level 3 Ranger | HP: 28/28 | AC: 18

I think an ambush was set for us Zilo. We should take them down now, while we have the upper hand, Guro whispers back. It seems the sound of the gurgling stream may mask their quiet conversation.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"We can't be certain of that, for all we know they might be guarding whatever is inside that building, which speaking of-" He looks towards the crumbled wall that they are standing besides in. "Might as well take a peek- If the building seems to hold nothing of importance to have three guards watching the door, that should tell us if they are indeed preparing a counterattack if we'll go further."

With that, the halfling begins trying to climb on to the crumbled wall, hopefully silent enough to not alert the guards.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Acrobatics roll for climbing: (1d20+5)[17]

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

I can't take it anymore. Ferrin says after a minute and a half. I'll check for myself. The rogue sneaks over north.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth check: (1d20+7)[27]
    I moved my token, I will cross through the river north of the bridge.

4. - Top - End - #244

Guro

All the more reason to get the jump on them, Guro whispers to Zilo as the halfling begins to climb, Be careful. Looking around, Guro spots Ferrin briefly crossing the stream. He spots Miras and puts up three fingers and makes a motion over his head like a feather sticking out of his hat, then points inside the dilapidated building.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

"zilo either signaled me he sees 3 enemies, or got turned into a chicken i whisper to the others

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

"Three..." Ophine mused, seeming mildly displeased with the information. "Then where the other plumes lurk is still in question for now."
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Ferrin

As you sneak over to the nearest wall of the run-down building, it would seem your footing on the forest floor could have been better chosen. The tiniest sound of crunching leaves was enough to alert a small spritely woman who looks over the ruined wall, also wearing a Red Plume uniform. She shouts, "BY THE AUTHORITY OF OUR CHARTER TO PROTECT HILLSFAR, I DEMAND YOUR SURRENDER!" She reaches for a small whistle hanging around her neck and blows into it, the small metal object quickly reaching the ears of the rest of your companions, and certainly any other Red Plumes nearby. She reaches for a shortsword strapped to her left thigh, drawing it quickly and taking a defensive stance.

Zilo, Guro

You hear a loud, shrill whistle being blown from somewhere northeast of you, and the moment seems to startle the Red Plumes inside the building. One of them puts away his sword and reaches for his crossbow, while the other two exchange quick questions. "Was that supposed to be the signal?" "Can't be, the elf said she'd bring anyone up the road, and she'd do a bird-call." They still haven't noticed the tortle or the halfling, and are preparing to move to respond to the signal. Guro can see a conflicted Deriel slip around the corner and disappear from your line of sight.

Miras, Ophine

Even in the dim light, the both of you can see four Red Plumes spill out of the northeastern building. Three of them are in the same attire as the patrolmen you encountered on the road, but carrying heavy crossbows and frantically looking around for a target. One of them spots the pair of you and shouts to the fourth, a large man with a familial resemblence to the Erlich you met on the halfling farm. This man's armor is fancier than that of his three underlings, and he carries a longsword and a torch. The man shouts, "Surrender at once! I am Captain Erlich of the Red Plumes of Hillsfar. If you do not comply, we will have no choice but to use the force necessary to make you comply!" The three patrolmen kneel and aim down the length of their crossbows, aiming at the both of you.

Spoiler: The Jig is Up!
    Show
    Initiative
    • Red Plume Spy - 21
    • Red Plume Patrol 3 - 20
    • Guro - 16
    • Red Plume Patrol 2 - 15
    • Ophine - 15
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6

Red Plume Spy takes the Dodge action and expects Ferrin to surrender.
    Red Plume Patrol 3 (with Erlich) moves and readies 4 attacks.
    Guro may take an Attack of Opportunity against Deriel, if he wishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

8. - Top - End - #248

Guro

Guro hears the others being found out, Oh no! he gasps quietly. The Red Plumes before them reveal that Deriel had betrayed them. The elf makes her escape, a conflicted look on her face. Guro has an opportunity to grab her, but lets her go. Something about that look, she seemed pained, afraid maybe. He can hear the captain calling for the others to surrender, and he looks at Zilo with uncertainty on his face.

The Red Plumes are the authority in these strange far lands, and Guro couldn't be sure how many were out there, but it sounded like many more than he and the others. But they were not good people, and Ferrin, and Ophine, and Miras, and even Deriel were out there, and the Tinfellows. He feels himself rubbing the woven bracelet on his wrist, and looks down at the gift Quee had given him, Whenever you feel doubt, whenever you're afraid in those distant lands, think of me. Return to me, she had said. The tortle sets his beak in determination and deftly strides over the crumbling wall, bringing his axe to bear against the unsuspecting Red Plumes and shouting out, Our ambush has worked! They are caught by surprise!! Deriel, we will save your loved ones, help use defeat the Red Plumes!

Spoiler: Turn 1
    Show
    Guro will choose not to make an opportunity attack against Deriel, interpreting her conflicted expression as the Red Plumes having leverage over her.

Move to F-15 (climb speed over rubble wall)
    Action - Attack Red Plume in G-15
    Attack w/Advantage (Natural Explorer) - (1d20+5)[21], (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage (Favored Enemy) - (1d12+5)[6]

Dread Ambusher Extra Attack - If Red Plume in G-15 is dead, target Red Plume in G-14, otherwise keep same target.
    Attack w/Advantage (Natural Explorer) - (1d20+5)[13], (1d20+5)[18]
    Damage (Favored Enemy) - (1d12+5)[16] + (1d8)[3]

If both Red Plumes are dead, move to G-16 to block the doorway. Otherwise, remain in F-15.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside, Captain Erlich whips around to face Deriel as he hears Guro's shouted assurance. "You damn elf!" he spits, "you would dare to go back on your word?" Deriel's eyes fill with fear as she raises up both hands in a feeble attempt to pacify the captain. "Of course not! I brought them here, didn't I?" The captain grows red as he shouts various profanities towards Deriel, who attempts to shout over him about her innocence to the perceived betrayal.

In the eastern building, Guro's swinging axe is met with much confused shouting which quickly turns to panicked screaming. One swing, two swings, and the unfortunate patrolman who was targeted by Guro is barely on his feet, but remains standing. The other two shout for the Captain as well, shouting, "CAPTAIN! An ambush! A halfling and a ..." The confused guardsman babbles over a few choice words in an attempt to describe that which he hasn't seen before. "A big turtle with an axe!" From outside, the shouting of Captain Erlich pauses for a moment, and he commands, "Pull yourself together guardsman! We shall prevail against these new foes!"

As if this had been their signal, four more patrolmen can be seen spilling out of the south-eastern building. Two of them have drawn their swords, and two of them are carrying their crossbows. As they pause for a moment to form a proper formation, the two with crossbows bring up small vials, whose contents they spill onto the loaded bolts they have at the ready.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Guro's attacks severely injure but do not kill the Red Plume (G15)
    Patrol 2 moves, and the two crossbow users apply an unknown substance to their crossbow bolts. The two longsword wielders ready an action.
    Initiative
    • Red Plume Spy - 21
    • Guro - 16
    • Ophine - 15 <-- We are now here
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing that the soldier have the group outnumbered and are out of the mages casting range Miras shouts

"Why should we surrender - we do not wish to fight - me and my 2 friends here learned that the best fruit is growing somewhere here - we just went for a walk to gather them. Do I look like a dangerous fighter to you? from all the fuss around here, it looks as you have trouble maybe we could aid with getting rid of it?"

With that, Miras will start walking towards the soldiers not making any sudden mob=vmrnts and trying to be as peaceful as possible.

OOC; SO my aim here is that they do not know that we are in the same group, trying to get into range and make them doubt their orders.

(1d20)[5] - persuassion

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Minor Notes
    Show
    Miras went a bit earlier than his initiative, but it doesn't effect anything mechanically, so I'll just have his turn coincide with Ophine's for now.

As Miras and Ophine approch, Erlich spits on the ground and laughs cruelly in the face of Miras's attempt to persuade him and his men. "You should surrender because WE are the law around here. So you should consider doing what we say! It'll be easier for the lot of you if you just cooperate." The Red Plumes at his side don't flinch and continue to aim at the pair of humans, crossbows still at the ready.

Show
    Ophine carefully follows Miras and takes the Dodge action.
    Initiative
    • Red Plume Spy - 21
    • Guro - 16
    • Ophine - 15
    • Ferrin - 11 <-- We are now here
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Oh Captain Erlich, do you really think capturing us will grant you the promotion you so badly desire? Lightning fast, the human has his rapier in hand. Ferrin starts fencing with his opponent. Think about how exalted you would be if you uncovered a smuggling operation in Hillsfar? If you uncovered my smuggling operation.

Show
    Move to M6
    attacking Spy in M7: (1d20+5)[7]
    damage: (plus sneak attack dice because rakish audacity):(1d8+3)[4]+(2d6)[10]
    Spoiler: if critical
    Show
    (1d8)[5]+(2d6)[7]

Deception roll because I'll not be a traitor to my smuggling buddies: (1d20+6)[20] heavily considering using Lucky on that roll.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

With the plan to stealth their through going down in flames, and the revelation that Deriel has indeed set them up into a trap, willingly or not, Zilo got caught off guard.

Literally, that is- He didn't even have enough time to equip his shield before the ensuing brawl. Worse, if no one would block the entry way, they are bound to be overrun by the encoming squad of red plumes. Taking a risk, the halfling rushes towards the door, hastily trying to put on his buckler on his way. As soon as he finishes fastening the shield, he gets ready with the little time he has left to block the door to whoever might come.
    "I'll block them off, counting on you to watch my back!" Those are the only words he can speak in time before the red plumes will no doubt try to overrun him.

Show

Action: Putting on the shield
    Move: Moving Zilo from 17E to 16G.
    Sadly, don't have evasive footwork, and can't use dodge after using the action to put the shield. May the 17 DC save me!

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Ferrin's rapier is parried by the woman's shortsword easily, and she shaes her head and clicks her tongue disapprovingly. Erlich's loud, obnoxious voice can be heard in response to the smuggler's offer. "And what would your offer be? Let you go if you tell me about this little band of thieves? Come out with your hands up, and we can talk about some sort of ... arrangement, but I promise nothing for any of you rebellious scum if you put up a fight." He seems intrigued by the idea of uncovering such a plot, and seems to believe the offer is genuine.

Among the tangled mess of Red Plume, tortle, and halfling, the patrolmen seem to have finally found enough courage to fight back. One of them strikes out with a heavy gauntlet, hoping to push Zilo away from blocking the door, but the heaviness of his armor proves him too slow; Zilo is able to duck the armored punch with ease. From behind however, the blade of a longsword manages to take advantage of the distraction, nicking Zilo and drawing a few droplets of blood, though the follow-up swing glances off Zilo's shield. The third patrolman growls, "C'mon now boys, get 'im away from the door!" as he lashes out with his crossbow, swinging it like a club and managing to find a soft part of Guro's arm.

Within the northern building, the woman brings back her shortsword and swings once, twice in an attempt to retaliate against Ferrin. Her steel is also parried with style and grace by the male rogue, and she bites her bottom lip in frustration. "If you want to take up the Captain's offer, you'd better stash that little foil of yours."

Outside, Captain Erlich continues to watch Ophine and Miras closely. He shouts, "STEADY MEN! Who knows what kinds of tricks these ones might be up to. Anyone allied with nonhumans is an enemy of Hillsfar and the Red Plumes. For your city, for your honor. FOR THE RED PLUMES!" Each of our heroes can see a glint of resolve in the eyes of any Red Plumes they are currently duelling or otherwise fighting. Ophine and Ferrin continue to be faced with multiple crossbows being pointed in their direction, and somehow it would seem the hands of the patrolmen have been steadied by the words of the captain.

Spoiler: LOTTA Crunch
    Show
    • Red Plume (G15) attempts to shove Zilo away from the door and fails
    • Red Plume (G17) critically hits Zilo and deals 10 slashing damage; misses the second attack
    • Red Plume (G14) hits with an improvised attack with his crossbow against Guro, and hits for 2 bludgeoning damage

• Red Plume Spy attacks Ferrin twice and misses both times

• Captain Erlich uses his Battle Cry ability
    • Each Red Plume Patrolman readies one crossbow attack

Initiative
    • Red Plume Spy - 21
    • Guro - 16 <-- We are now here
    • Ophine - 15
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6

Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-12-26 at 04:45 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

As long as we are not captives, we will comply. Ferrin utters. He eyes his opponent, unsure if she will skewer him for letting down his defense. He then looks at his allies, and how they are doing.

16. - Top - End - #256

Guro
    Level 3 Ranger | HP: 26/28 | AC: 18

Guro cries out as the Plumes draw blood from Zilo, Fight someone your own size backstabber! Even if they are going to surrender, he wants to put some space between the halfling and these Red Plumes.

Spoiler: Turn 2
    Show
    Action - Attack Red Plume in G-15.
    Attack - (1d20+5)[20]
    Damage - (1d12+5)[7]
    Move - If Red Plume dies, move into G-15 to shore up Zilo's defenses. Otherwise, no movement.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Guro's axe cuts down the Red Plume in front of him, who collapses with a pained shout. The Red Plume with the crossbow shouts back, "Speak for yerself, scaley!" as the other soldier pauses for a moment in an attempt to rouse his fallen companion with no success.

Zilo's attempt to block the door is met with banging and shouting from the other side, and two of the four patrolmen stow their swords and line up to bash the door down. "One! Two! THREE!" Together they kick the door with enough force to knock Zilo back, and the door slams open with a bang as it swings on its old hinges. The two patrolmen who kicked in the door take a step back and shout, "Open fire!", prompting the two crossbowmen to pull their triggers. Two bolts fly through the air with extreme precision. One embeds itself into the wall, while the other manages to slip past Zilo's defenses. As if the shot wasn't bad enough, Zilo can feel a slight dripping under his armor as some of the poison from the bolt smears onto his skin.

Show
    • Guro kills the Red Plume formerly on G15
    • One Patrolman takes the Help action, another attempts to force the door open; they succeed and then clear the doorway.
    • One of the crossbow wielders (K16) fires at Zilo (hit for 10 piercing damage), and Zilo must make a DC 13 Con save. On a failure, Zilo is poisoned for 1 hour. If the save is failed by 5 or more, Zilo is also knocked unconscious.
    • The other crossbow wielder (I17) fires at Guro and misses due to cover.

Initiative
    • Red Plume Spy - 21
    • Guro - 16
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6

Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2018-12-29 at 08:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

"...Miras, go."
    Ophine huffed out a breath, and it grew into a snarl, as if from a wolf. Her flesh rippled and shifted as she dropped to all fours, sprouting fur and claws, and within a second the form of dire wolf stood on the bridge. She howled, long and loud before she loped forward, leaping to the side to avoid any incoming bolts.

Instead of charging directly into the mass, however, she swerved behind the building Guro and Zilo were in, intending to support the rest of the team once she was out the direct fire.

Show

Action: Dodge action
    Bonus action: wildshift into a Dire Wolf

Move: bound to D14 and take cover behind the wall

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

Well, bye! Ferrin says at his opponent and darts away. He quickly fakes a movement in between the buildings while stashing his rapier away and pulling his crossbow from his hip.

Stop this carnage, Erlich.

Spoiler
    Show
    Disengage with half speed as bonus action to move 3 spaces on difficult terrain to P9, then move action to O11, then shooting the guys that attack Zilo.

Light Crossbow (1d20+5)[11] Damage (1d8+3)[7] Sneak Attack (2d6)[4]
    Spoiler: crit damage
    Show
    (1d8)[8] Sneak Attack (2d6)[3]

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Zilo groans out in pain, the longsword's slash from behind has left a noticable, still bleeding gash wound. To make matters worse, as soon as the rest of the red plumes managed to open the open, one of them managed to to land a bolt next to Zilo's shoulder such as he tried to re-position himself, feeling a cold sensation as the poison attempts to get through his skin and flesh to the rest of his body.
    Blood still leaking out from the wound his carrying arm, the stout halfling's will is still not wavering, he musters the will to work through the pain and resist the poison, raising his rapier to try and strike the red flume soldier who has taken from behind.
    His eyes flaring up, he wields his weapon with expertise, attempting to give the soldier the same "care" as he did to him by giving a visible gash across his face before thursting the tip of his rapier in.

Once he is done with that momentarily distraction however, he'll retract his rapier to his side as he raises his shield infront of the now open door- Even with the crossbows aimed at both him and Guro, so long as he can force them to pick either having to physically charge through the door with their close-quarter fighters which would block their crossbowmen from having a clear line of sight, or have their fighters stand back so that their crossbowmen can shoot, he'll might be able to give the rest of his group a few more moments before they'll be overrun.

As he readies shield, he shouts to Guro. "Use me as cover, we need to clear this building!"

Spoiler
    Show

All right, so first of all? Using action surge, giving me an extra action and bonus action.
    Bonus action 1: Second wind, healing for 1d10+fighter levels: (1d10+2)[9]
    Action one: Attack action against patrolman on G17:
    (1d20+5)[14] Hit, (1d8+5)[6] piercing damage.
    If the attack hits, using a superiority dice for Menacing Attack:
    [1d8] extra damage from superiority dice, target has to make a 13 wisdom saving throw or be frightened of Zilo.
    Action two: Using dodge action.

Sadly, Zilo has nothing else to use for bonus action 2.

Last edited by Detective; 2019-01-01 at 05:01 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Orc in the Playground

Miras still walks slowly towards the soldiers clearly surrendering - everything in his stance is saying "look in harmless don't you have bigger troubles"

Then Miras starts to mumble as if trying to be unheard (but clearly wanting the guards to hear) "Good our distraction from the main attack is working"

Spoiler: Bluff
    Show
    (1d20)[19]; lucky if lower then 12 (1d20)[1]

Also will use Portent on the 1st attack against zilo - this is automatically a 10 (i need to see his opponent s0 ignore if this is not applicable)

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Ophine's transformation prompts a few gasps from the crossbowmen, who look to the captain for orders. He grits his teeth and spits on the ground, shouting. "Open fire on the cursed witch!" As she runs over the bridge and leaps towards the side of the building, three bolts sear through the air, but Ophine's feral speed carry her feet quickly enough that only one of them manages to hit her, the other two whizzing past her.

Unfortunately, the bolt which Ferrin attempts to send towards the Red Plumes meets a similar fate; clanking harmlessly off the armor of one of the Patrolmen. Erlich shouts defiantly, "Surrender yourselves, and I will promise no more shed blood. You're only making it worse for yourselves the longer you fight like this!"

Inside the building which seems to slowly become the center of the conflict, The two valiant patrolmen give their best now that the door has been opened and reinforcements are soon to arrive. The one fighting Guro grits his teeth as he is forced to concede the fight for now, holding back as he puts away his crossbow, hand straying for the longsword still in its scabbard. Zilo's opponent manages to block Zilo's rapier with his larger sword, but the halfling proves too agile as Zilo sidesteps his opponent's swing.

Outside, Miras's mutterings are met with confused glances from Erlich and his three subordinates. Erlich rushes the wizard instead, swinging his longsword twice. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS INSOLENCE! CALL OFF YOUR MAIN ATTACK!" His first swing goes wide due to Erlich's rage, but the second manages to catch Miras in the side, and a bolt from one of the crossbowmen manages to hit the wizard as well. The other two crossbowmen are occupied with moving into new positions and continuing to pelt Ophine's massive lupine form with bolts, though only one of them is successful. In the background, the spy who was duelling with Ferrin can be seen sprinting into the forest due east, with a determined look on her face.

Show
    • Ophine moves and dodges
    • Ferrin's crossbow attack misses
    • Zilo's attack misses, but he also gets 1 more HP from his Second Wind (you're a level 3 fighter )
    • Red Plume (G14) takes the Dodge action and stows his crossbow
    • Red Plume's (G17) attack misses
    • Miras's bluff works
    • Red Plume Spy dashes, then dashes again via Cunning Action
    • Captain Erlich attacks Miras; one miss and one hit for 4 slashing damage
    • Red Plume (L12) attacks Miras and hits for 4 piercing damage
    • Red Plumes (H11) and (I12) attack Ophine; one miss and one hit for 6 piercing damage

Initiative
    • Guro - 16 <-- We are now here
    • Ophine - 15
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6

Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2019-01-08 at 04:23 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Leave the captain to me! Ferrin shouts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Get out of the way, Miras. I can duel the Captain if you can keep other targets off of us.

24. - Top - End - #264

Guro

Zilo, are you okay? Guro cries out in alarm as the halfling is attacked by bow and by sword. He turns back to the Red Plume before him to see the man stow away his crossbow, but his hand straying near his longsword, Oi! No more bloodshed! Give us the Tinfellows and no one else has to die! Guro takes a step back to get a view of the outside, and summons a fog bank to make things difficult for the crossbowmen he sees out there. Deriel, free the Tinfellows!!

Spoiler: Turn 3
    Show
    Move to E-16.
    Action - Cast Fog Cloud, center at L-16.
    Move back to G-15.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

The patrolman Guro leaves behind so he can look outside swings with a gauntlet-covered fist, but nearly falls over in the attempt. His stance had still been set on drawing his sword, the last thing he had thought was the Tortle simply walking away in the middle of heated combat. He growls and grits his teeth as Guro comes back, and curses under his breath. From outside, shouts of suprise can be heard as the bank of fog settles in over the Red Plumes still gathered between the buildings. Between cries confirming that everything was alright, it was just fog, Guro and Zilo notice their respective opponents freeze up slightly. "Hold tight in there, we've got to go 'round!" is shouted from behind Zilo as the soldiers attempt to find the door they had just moments ago kicked open, unable to see even their hands in front of their faces now.

The new tactic of the group seems to be dispersal, as the Red Plumes flee the dreaded fog. Two wielding longswords move up the road and regroup with their captain, supporting him with additional swings at Miras. The plucky wizard is able to avoid one hit by swiftly sidestepping the blade, his precognitive powers alerting him to the strike. The next sword, however, is too much as Miras is once again overwhelmed and outnumbered. Two with their crossbows still in hand move towards the southeast. One prepares another dose of poison onto his bolt as he kneels by the south wall for cover, the other raises his crossbow and aims it past the corner of the building, not wanting to be caught unaware.

Somewhere in the tumult, Deriel can be seen cowering inside the bush she lept into at the beginning of the fight. She can hear Guro, but seeing Captain Erlich and the other Red Plumes in such numbers makes her hesitant to take any action.

Show

• Red Plume swings and misses his Attack of Opportunity against Guro
    • Guro casts Fog Cloud!
    • Two Red Plumes attack Miras; one hit for 9 slashing damage
    • Red Plume (G18) applies poison to his crossbow
    • Red Plume (F20) readies an attack.

Initiative
    • Guro - 16
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2019-01-13 at 01:33 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Ophine yelped as despite her manoeuvring, the enemy crossbowmen still managed to send bolts into her wildshaped form.

With a snarl, Ophine shrugged off the pain of the bolts in her now fur-covered flank. She barrelled round the corner, and leap forward with a snarl at the patrolman next to Zilo. Her jaws closed on flesh; the taste of blood filled her mouth and she savagely shook her jaws, attempting to wrench the man off his feet onto the ground.

There, he'd be easy prey.

Show

Ophine moves to E16-F17. Should have enough move to do so, at least.

She bites at the Patrolman next to Zilo on G17, with advantage due to pack tactics

(1d20+5)[6] or (1d20+5)[19]
    If a hit: (2d6+3)[7] damage and a DC13 Str saving throw or be knocked prone.
    Last edited by Awful; 2019-01-12 at 04:49 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

I have you now, Erlich! Ferrin exclaims fencing with the captain. He tries to stab the captain several times faking out his defense before actually stabbing him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+5)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]+(2d6)[12]

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Lady Luck, aid me! Ferrin exclaims.

Spoiler
    Show
    Redo attack for my last luck point (1d20+5)[16]

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Having managed sidestep out of the way, Zilo adjusts himself to take advantage of the momentary lack of balance of the patrolman after swinging his sword through the air, rising his blade arm and trying to thrust his rapier through the nearest spot he can hit, that is unprotected from armor.

As the battle raged on and with Zilo busy in keeping the other patrolman occupied, he fails to notice the entrance of Ophine in her dire wolf up until she pounces on patrolman in an attempt to bite him and pin him to the ground.
    "By Tymora's coin, what on-!" The shocked halfling steps away in shock as he sees the direwolf only a couple feet besides him, calming down only after he remembers having heard from Ophine about her ability to turn into animals- That is the first time he as seen in action, after all.
    Getting back to his senses, he considered for a moment the option of going outside to help the other two members of his group, but that means he'll have to walk in blindly through the fog to try and reach them.

Thus, for now he has to hope that the other two out there will manage to hold on until they can come out of the building to assist, and in the meantime- He'll try and help Ophine in finishing the job, trying to thrust his rapier once more at the now distracted patrolman.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

Before turn: Reaction-Ripsote, using a superiority dice:
    (1d20+5)[9] Hit, damage: (1d8+5)[13], superiority dice damage: (1d8)[2]

Zilo's turn:
    Attack action on patrolman at 17G:
    Hit: (1d20+5)[21], damage: (1d8+5)[12]
    Last edited by Detective; 2019-01-13 at 11:40 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

As Ophine charges into the building, she hears a crossbow bolt fly past her shoulder and splash into the stream. Her ferocious snarl is enough distraction for the Red Plume to turn around as Zilo attempts a counter-attack to repay the attempt on an attack earlier. The man's resolve quickly crumbles in the face of the hulking beast, and this lapse in concentration is enough for fang and claw to force the man to the floor. Zilo's rapier easily finds a point between the paldrons of the man's armor as he scrabbles to get up off the floor. The man yells incoherently, grips his sword, and pushes his way through Zilo to attempt to disappear into the fog cloud still outside. The other patrolman, disheartened at his companion's sudden disappearance, lets out a battle cry as he draws his longsword and swings it at Guro. The first swing nicks the hard shell of the tortle, but the second is easily repelled.

Outside, the amassed group of soldiers is slightly amazed as Ferrin charges the group head-on. His luck, however, seems to not be with him at the moment as Captain Erlich swats aside the thrusting point of Ferrin's blade. He turns to look Ferrin in the eyes and give him a crooked sneer. "You will need a lot more than luck to defeat me like this, boy."

Show
    • Zilo's Riposte misses
    • Red Plume (F20) fires his readied attack at Ophine and misses
    • Ophine's attack hits; the Red Plume fails his saving throw and is knocked prone
    • Ferrin's attack misses
    • Zilo's attack hits
    • Red Plume (G17) takes the Dash action and flees; Ophine and Zilo may take Attacks of Opportunity
    • Red Plume (G14) attacks Guro twice; one hit for 2 slashing damage

Initiative
    • Guro - 16
    • Ophine - 15
    • Ferrin - 11
    • Zilo - 10
    • Red Plume Patrol 1 - 9
    • Miras - 6 <-- We are now here

Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2019-01-13 at 01:17 PM.