New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Mighty Mahou Shoujo-Chan (hexbard, Sorcblade, Padlock)

So I posted this on a subreddit but more opinions are always good.

I am looking to create a magical girl themed character. and not the dark edgy madoka type.

So far I am leaning towards hexbard to also go for a magical idol like flavor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGaZC1Y7vYU
    or
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XXluUWBIv8

But I have also been recommended sorcblade (divine soul?) or padlock

if I do go Bard. glamour may be the most fitting. I understand the usefulness of blade flourisha nd extra attack. but if I use Green flame blade and booming blade does extra attack really compare to the scaling of those cantrips and outweigh the potential that other lvl 6 colleg benefits give. I mean mantle of magesty does seem to have a lot of potential to change a battle if you manage to charm a decent minion. that alone can essentially be an extra attack and a meatshield.
    And of course magical secrets from lore alone can be a game changer depending on what spells you pick up. Spiritual weapon alone gives the power of an extra attack but can also be used to augment illusions. I mean it is hard to disbelieve an illusion when it seems to also be doing actual damage.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Mighty Mahou Shoujo-Chan (hexbard, Sorcblade, Padlock)

So I went with Hexblade 1 glamour Bard 3

Any advice on spell selection.
    I so far have HB
    C: Eldritch blast, Booming Blade
    1: hex, (blank)

Bard
    C: Mage Hand, Minor illusion
    1: Earth Tremor, Fairy Fire, Healing word, (blank)
    2: Detect piercings (heat metal), Phantasmal Force

I went detect piercings and Phantasmal force due to the potential of control beyond what hold person can do. and because I like to call heat metal detect piercings....