New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Into the Tidelss Expanse IC

- Hm... - the Lunar went quiet for a moment - Mayba I am jumping to conclusions, but don't you think it might be an altar for bloody offerings? Shall we spil our blood and see? - he said. It was possible that he had heard too many things about jungles and temples in them...
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"You might want to wait a bit with that," Mantis said, "there are Yozi rituals that also demand blood. Maybe first investigate a bit more that we know what we're doing before we're going to do it."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

- Alright... - said Lunar, deciding to not spill his own blood - Are we moving past the column or trying to get an idea what it is and what shall we do with it? If it's the second option, then I am not gonna be of much use...

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Me neither," Mantis said, "let's move on I think. We can Always come back if needed."
    While she wasn't all the good in combat, except for some archery, with the Lunars present she felt safe enough to move along.

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I'll have a brief look, but I think we should get used to many things on this island being weird or unexplained."

Pale Ocean circles the stone pillar, assessing it and flicking through his crystal shard to try and find a picture that looks similar as his barbarian bodyguards scan the surrounding jungle for threats.

"It's possible the bowl is for Essence, not for blood. But we don't yet know what it would activate."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Spending 1m to power the Crystal of Kuan for the scene, so it glows with text. Basically using it as a 1dot stunt for Lore roll if that is OK. If not ignore rightmost dice

Occult roll to see what this sort of item could be used for, in rituals or on it's own.
    (7d10)[6][10][4][2][2][7][4](35)

So 3 successes here for Occult roll, and will put Lore in separate post as failed to type

Last edited by Rattigan; 2019-03-29 at 05:28 AM.

6. - Top - End - #156

OrcBarbarianGuy

Show

Lore roll for stories about similar objects, as I failed at typing in earlier post.
    (6d10)[6][1][8][9][1][6](31)

So 2 successes here.

Last edited by Rattigan; 2019-03-29 at 05:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #157

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I don't recognise the sigils but I've seen similar things before...."

Pale Ocean trails off as he stops scrolling through the crystal on a page with a not too dissimilar diagram.

"Yes! I knew I'd heard the story before! The Chosen of the Sun would often create elaborate Locks for their tombs in the form of pillars, with the key concealed elsewhere or entrusted to someone that would seek out their next Incarnation. I don't know whether blood, essence or some sort of Orb goes in here, but the markings and form seem too similar for it to be a coincidence. I wonder....."

Pale Ocean reaches out to the top of the pillar, intent on seeing if he can channel the power of the Sun into it

Show

Gonna try and channel several motes into it. Of course, the more cautious may want to stop him....

If no-one does, we'll see what happens

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

- Wait - there was a note of caution in Lunar's voice, but also of excitement - I will need to transform into Beastman before. Just to be sure. There are bound to be traps inside, aren't they? - he asked.

Then, he transformed. He had grown, white fur with black stripes appeared over his body, his hands grew paws. In few seconds he was there, big, strong and menacing, looking at all the others from above.

- I am ready - said The White Paw, now in much deeper and louder voice.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2019-04-01 at 03:04 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Mantis wasn't sure this was a good idea, but she didn't have any better idea and essence was probably better than blood. She did agree with White Paw to transform and while he did that, she took her bow and prepared as well, including keeping an eye out around them, just in case something would come from an unexpected direction.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Pale Ocean is indeed able to channel his essence into the pillar. As he begins pouring his energies into the stone, it hums, a low, barely audible bass tone. As he pours more power in, the stone’s humming grows.

Moments later, a shaft of light, barely wider than a finger, begins to extend from the center of the depression, where, it can now be seen, a hole exists in the stone. The light begins to bend, first this way then that, as though feeling around for something. When it doesn’t seem to find what it is looking for, it retreats back into the stone and the humming ceases.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pake Ocean expends 3 motes.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"That did something," Mantis said as she saw the display, "question is, what does it need extra to do more?"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

- Maybe some kind of a key? - asked the White Paw - Or maybe Caste Mark?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"It can be more power," Mantis suggested, "or a type of power, like Solar or Lunar specific. It can be a lot, so either we try different things or we try to find clues as to what it might be."

14. - Top - End - #164

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I'm thinking that there needs to be some sort of Orb there maybe. That or it's for a particular person. Maybe the present day incarnation of the Chosen of the Sun whose ancestor owned this island, if that is indeed what this is?"

Pale Ocean flexes his fingers and winces a little

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

- Alright, I think it's interesting and it probably leads to a First Age tomb, but currently we cannot think of a way to open this - Lunar tried to be reasonable - Maybe we should explore this island some more? It surely contains more mysteries, and maybe when unraveling them, we will find a way to move forward as to this pillar?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sounds like a good idea," Mantis agreed, "not to mention we have to also look for some food."
    She had some experience with finding food in jungle areas, but not all that much.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

- Oh, are you hungry? - the White Paw asked - You should have said something sooner. What would you like to eat? Fruits? Meat? It can be troublesome fishing without a rod, so I am afraid I cannot offer you fisheries. Let's find something to eat. shall we?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Not really," Mantis said, "I can wait, but we can look out for things to eat while we look around for other things on the Island."

19. - Top - End - #169

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Let us continue on then. We can return to this once we have the item that might be needed."

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sure, lead on," Mantis said, the last at White Paw, who was probably best suited for this kind of stuff. She followed him further onto the Island, but keeping an eye out for strange things.
    Last edited by farothel; 2019-04-23 at 12:41 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

The jungle provides ample evidence of smaller game, and there are likely edible plants around. But with food slightly lower on your current list of priorities, you continue to search the jungle. Following a path deeper into the wild, the light from the upper canopy begins to darken, though whether it is because of the sun beginning to set, or the jungle growing that much denser, you cannot tell.

As you continue to progress, the foliage begins to thin slightly, and you begin to hear the sound of running water. The trees suddenly break above, and you find yourself in bright midday sunlight as you come across a river at least a hundred feet wide. The current, from what you can tell is swift, and the water is murky enough that you can’t see the bottom after a few feet. But on the other side of the river, you see a sign that there was definitely a settlement here at some point. Just a few feet from the bank is a steel column. Not very large, but from its size and location in the river you assume it was a support for a dock of some kind.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

- Shall we pass the river? Maybe there are more human-made structures there? Even settlements, perhaps? - the Lunar asked - The river can be a troublesome task, sure, but we should be able to get through it if needed. Maybe I will lead?

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I guess that would be best," Mantis said, "you can probably just fly over and while I can swim, this can be quite tricky. Maybe there's a boat somewhere that the non shapeshifters can use."

The courant looked a bit too swift for her to swim to the other side.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

- Do we have a rope? I could tie one end to some tree and take the second end through. Then you could just hold onto it. - said The White Paw. As to him passing the river, he had the Stone of Aquatic Power with him, he could just go through the river bottom.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Lot's of rope, but on the ship," Mantis replied, "I guess we'll have to do it without. Maybe you can fly over and see if there's a boat on the other side?"

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

- Hm, actually... - The White Paw seemed to be a little embarhassed - I have no other animal shapes. I kind of... focused on other skills in my training? But to be honest, I doubt I am that good martial artist either. I'' capable of defending myself, at least to some extend, but when it comes to spirit shapes, I can only be a tiger, weretiger or human. Hm... sorry? - he finished somehow awkward.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Then I guess we have two options," Mantis said, "well three technically. One: we can go downstream and either swim through the sea or find a ship or something there. Two: we go upstream until we find a place to cross. Or three: we try to cross here and hope for the best. Well, there actually is a four: we go back."

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

- It's up to you - the weretiger said simply. He still felt embarassed and decided to do whatever the others found to be the best course of action.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Upstream," she suggested, looking at the others, "Unless someone has a better idea, or some power that can get us across."
    Last edited by farothel; 2019-05-15 at 11:42 AM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

- I have a hearthstone that allows me to breath and function underwater - admitted the White Paw - But as it is only one and I would have no way of passing it between us, I doubt it would help us much.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2019-05-15 at 03:05 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature