New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Into the Tidelss Expanse IC

Pale Ocean slips it back into his bag at his side.

"After friend. After. We'll be here for a while yet, so come back and find us when you have something useful."

If the man leaves, he will turn to Paw.

"I definitely want to explore that place without any prying eyes. Means I can actually use the gifts given me to help us out. Hopefully the others will join us soon and we can take a vote on our next move."

He will order another round, unintentionally treating the bartenders to a dazzling smile the likes of which they probably haven't seen before, and sit down with a large variety of bottles to try.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

- If you say so. Personally, I would like to go there, instead of trying to gather second-handed information with varied results. But whatever pleases you - concluded Paw, sipping on his ale.
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

With the trading completed, Mantis said her goodbyes to the trader, made arrangements to offload the ship and get the payments done and then she went to the Tya guildhouse first to see if there were any messages for her and to see if she could get some information on the Island there, as well as maps with the currents around that location. Well, old currents as they had probably changed.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

The Tya chapter house is a three story building, thick, green ivy, climbing up the first two levels. As Mantis entered, she is greeted by several other Tya, al with the same, "Welcome, Tya."

When she inquires about the island, smiles fade, slightly, as the women admit they know nothing, but ask if you are thinking of sailing to the place to find what you can. When you answer that you are, they direct you upstairs to the elder. When Pepper makes to follow, her path is barred by two of the larger Tya women.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Sorry about that," Mantis said to Pepper, "it won't take long here I think. If you can go to the inn next door and tell the men that I'll be there shortly."

With that she moved upstairs to the Tya elder. She didn't check to see if Ivory, who was also Tya, would follow or would stay with the women downstairs.
    "Greetings, Elder Tya," she said to the woman behind the desk, "thank you for seeing me this quickly. I seek information about the new Island that appeared."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

In the Chapterhouse, Ivory returns the greetings of their sisters, and studies everything with wide-eyed interest, noting the clothing and weapons on display, as well as studying the manners as best they can. They know the basics from their initiation, but this is a real Chaperhouse, not just two Tya meeting like passing ships. What goes on here?

Spoiler: OOC and Charm Roll
    Show

Using New Friend Aroma to give a good first impression to the Elder. (7d10)[1][2][10][3][2][4][8] 3 successes Charisma/Presence.

Last edited by ben_nbtmn; 2018-10-02 at 01:25 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

It only took a short bit for Hidden Thunder to find Cloud; soon enough the two were trailing lazily behind Pale Ocean and his crew as they went about there errands. Within the thaumaturgy shops, Hidden Thunder's limited occult knowledge wasn't enough to understand the conversations around him nor the items lining the shelves, so Thunder swiftly started waiting outside of the shops instead. Not that he minded, the town and the people within were more then enough to hold Thunder's interest.

Soon enough the group were filing into the Silver Blossom. A pair of tables were claimed, the Exalted and the Godblooded taking a table next to Pale Ocean's boisterous followers. As more shouts for rum and ale added into the already noisy din, Thunder and Cloud stuck their noses into the provided menus. Cloud quickly ordered a plate of fish, while Thunder dithered for five minutes in front of the (very-patient) Waitress until Cloud hurried up the process by ordering the house special for him. Even the relatively small menu was filled with possibilities for the Archer, how was he supposed to choose just one?

The house special soon revealed itself to be a soup filled to the brim with Mussels. Thunder slurped down his soup in comfortable silence, marveling at the number of flavors rolling around on his tongue. As he did so, he listened to the conversations around him. In particular he listened to the conversation his fellow Exalted, who had left the table not ten minutes after sitting down, were having with another person...

"What do they think he'll know? Best to just go the Island." Thunder silently agreed in his thoughts with White Paw, before taking another sip of his soup. "Well, not like we're in a rush. Hopefully we'll get to spend just a bit more time here."
    Last edited by RocknRollFTW; 2018-10-05 at 02:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I agree. I want to investigate this mystery. Now come on Paw, let's go and rejoin the others"

Pale Ocean makes sure the gold earring is safely stowed back in his bag, and orders a sweet cocktail concoction at the bar before heading back over to the table that they'd previously shared with Hidden Thunder and Cloud, nodding and making the strange clawed gesture with his hand over his heart that he and his followers do as a greeting before sitting down at the table, making sure that his robes still conceal his jewelry beneath.

"It would seem that civilised folk have far more greed than usefulness."

He takes a sip of his drink and his eyes light up.

"Though I will say I'm loving all these new flavours. This is excellent!"

He straightens his crystal lenses.

"We definitely need to take some of this with us when we explore that island."
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2018-10-05 at 04:06 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

- I'm more concerned with the new island than drinks, but I guess it's a good thing you like them - said White Paw, following his Solar companion - Although I am more and more worried about this whole business. I mean, the island is gigantic and appeared in such a short period of time. Whoever is behind this - Prince of demons, Deathlord, I do not know who else - must be quite powerful. And I haven't mastered a single martial arts form... - there was just a hint of worries in his voice.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2018-10-05 at 11:11 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan View Post
    "Though I will say I'm loving all these new flavours. This is excellent!"

He straightens his crystal lenses.

"We definitely need to take some of this with us when we explore that island."
    Thunder lets out a short laugh. "I like the way you think! This town has been filled with new experiences."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    - I'm more concerned with the new island than drinks, but I guess it's a good thing you like them - said White Paw, following his Solar companion - Although I am more and more worried about this whole business. I mean, the island is gigantic and appeared in such a short period of time. Whoever is behind this - Prince of demons, Deathlord, I do not know who else - must be quite powerful.
    "Who says this is someone's doing? The world is a strange place."

The first person to respond to this is not either of the other Exalted, but the Godblood sitting with them. "From what I heard on the ship, the raising of this Island has interfered with none of the local currents. To raise an Island with such care, this was likely no accident."
    And I haven't mastered a single martial arts form... - there was just a hint of worries in his voice.
    An uncertain look swept across Hidden Thunder's face for a moment. Old teachings drilled into Hidden Thunder chided White Paw for his display of weakness, and demanded he stay out of the way if he was so worthless. But Hidden Thunder was not bound to those teachings. He could and would find his own answers. And right now, he liked White Paw. He spoke. "Good thing you won't be going to the Island alone then. You'll find my arrows are quite capable in dealing with spirits, at least."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

The elder, sitting in a small room near the back of the second floor, rises with the aid of a cane. You see that this is not due to age, but due to her missing the lower half of her right calf.

She deftly uses her cane to retrieve a bottle from the other side of the room, and returns to her seat. She sets the bottle down, and opens it, pouring out measures of the red wine inside into glasses.

"Well, come in. I haven't got all day. Wine? It is the finest of last year's vintage from the Isle."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Of course, elder," Mantis said, taking one of the seats, "and thank you for the wine."

After the wine was poured, she took her glass and raised it.
    "To your health," she said, taking a sip, "it is indeed very good wine."

Taking another sip, she looked at the elder.
    "Well, time to business. I'm thinking about having a look at that Island, but I want as much information as possible before I leave."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

“I see. And have you asked about it before coming to me? If you have, you know as much as I.”

The elder chuckles as she takes another drink.
    Last edited by Lentrax; 2018-10-07 at 11:38 AM.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I hoped you had more information," Mantis said, knowing the Tya had an intelligence network across the West.
    "And that's not only why I'm here," she continued, "If there are other things you want from me, I'm open to suggestions."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

“There are always messages to be carried, but not if you are going to the island.”

The elder looked from her chair over the open window, where the island sits in view in the distance.

“Go to the island if you feel you must. But heed my warning. The Satrapy is gathering a fleet of their own. And they will likely not care for intruders into what will be for them their own true territory in the West.”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I'll take that into consideration and see with my crew," Mantis said, "if we decide not to go there, I'll check for cargoes anyway and I'll be back for any messages in the direction I'm heading. Do you have any idea when the satrap fleet will go? Maybe we can get there before them."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

The elder nods. “Soon. Tomorrow at the earliest. Though I doubt anything they gather here will be ready for at least another day. But this is not the only place the Satrap has sway. There will be others.”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Very well," Mantis said, finishing off the wine, "I'll see with my crew and then we'll make a decision. Thanks for the information and the wine."

With a short bow to the elder, Mantis left the office and went back downstairs. There she picked up Pepper if she had stayed and then went to the inn next door to see if the rest of the crew had picked up some information. She wasn't sure if there was much information, but she also knew that even Tya elders didn't know everything.
    "Hey, how are things here," she said as she sat down at the table with the other exalted.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

White Paw nodded and smiled slightly at the words of his companion. He wanted to be independent and able to carry his own weight, but yes, indeed, it was good to have friends with - Thank you - he said simply.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Ivory heads down back into the main part of the Chapterhouse and looks for someone to talk to

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Getting something to drink at the inn, she Mantis sat at the table with the other exalts.
    "And, did you found something out," she asked, "I've heard that the satrap wants to leave as quickly as possible to visit that island and probably claim it as a base. So if we want to go there, we need to go fast."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    "Hey, how are things here," she said as she sat down at the table with the other exalted.
    Cloud smiles politely as she answers Mantis's question. "Quite good, thank you. We've had good food, good drinks, and good company."

After a second, Hidden Thunder begins to speak. "Me, Pale Ocean, and White Paw have been talking," He hesitates for a moment, seemingly unsure how to state this. "That Island that's arisen a day or so ago, we all want to see it."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

- The sooner the better - agreed White Paw.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I've just managed to sell our cargo," Mantis told them, "It needs to be offloaded and we need to take on fresh supplies and then we're good to go. Say tomorrow somewhere."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

- I can help with the reloading - White Paw offered his help, he was strong after all - But please, take no big stuff in. We do not know what can be on the island, so we practically need food and maybe some survival gear. We have to have room for all the treasures we could find on this new land.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I don't plan on taking any cargo if we're going to the Island," Mantis said, "it would only get in the way, slow us down and I don't think I can sell it there. We'll take on new cargo as soon as we're back."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ben_nbtmn View Post
    In the Chapterhouse, Ivory returns the greetings of their sisters, and studies everything with wide-eyed interest, noting the clothing and weapons on display, as well as studying the manners as best they can. They know the basics from their initiation, but this is a real Chaperhouse, not just two Tya meeting like passing ships. What goes on here?

Spoiler: OOC and Charm Roll
    Show

Using New Friend Aroma to give a good first impression to the Elder. (7d10)[1][2][10][3][2][4][8] 3 successes Charisma/Presence.

What goes on, as the others go to their meeting, is a lot of sitting and talking.

Nearly everyone in the chapter house is sitting, either on chairs at tables, or on oversized pillows on the floor as they sit at lower tables. The conversations at many of them are muted, though not to the point of being whispers or secretive. There are some tables where several of the women are involved in games of dice, some with cards, and one where there is some sort of negotiation going on.

There does not seem to be any formal set of protocol, though you do note some deference to those with more ritual tattoos, and the more intricate the working, the greater the deference.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Ivory attempts to integrate themself into the conversations, and dispute her magical pheromones is very obviously fresh off the boat. But they gain confidence for next time.

29. - Top - End - #59

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    "I don't plan on taking any cargo if we're going to the Island," Mantis said, "it would only get in the way, slow us down and I don't think I can sell it there. We'll take on new cargo as soon as we're back."
    "Sounds like a plan. Means we have more room for supplies, as White Paw suggests. Did we want to hire additional sailors and warriors to accompany us? Maybe you and Ivory could convince some of your sister....Tya, is that how you say it? It might be good to have a few more hands before the mast that can also stand with us in the event of any violence."

Pale Ocean takes his crystal spectacles off and polishes them before placing them back on gently.

"Of course, I will do all I can to smooth things along so that things do not devolve into violence in the first place, but Creation's not perfect. I've no doubt we can make it better though."

He smiles.

"So, how long do me and my Saltclaws have before we sail?"
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2018-10-17 at 05:34 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I'm not sure if it's a good idea to get more crew," Mantis said, before lowering her voice even more, "they don't like anathema here, so the less people the better."

She took another sip from her drink and then continued as before.
    "Normally we should be able to leave tomorrow a bit after midday.