New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Stranger Things: Bad News for the Youth of D&D?

I forgot to mention how that game ended:
    Like you have all said the new play was a jerk. I didn’t choose to have him in the game, but others at the table did. I put up with him for a while but after a while it wasn’t even fun anymore. The game broke up, and we haven’t played scence. I learned my lesson, and started a group with people I like.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    I learned my lesson, and started a group with people I like.
    This is a very important lesson. The majority of my 5e games are played with longtime friends and it makes a world of difference (but sometimes causes new problems).

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Yuki's #1 Rule Of Roleplaying: Don't play elfgames with jerkheads.
    Last edited by Yuki Akuma; 2018-09-21 at 01:27 PM.
    There's no wrong way to play. - S. John Ross

Quote Originally Posted by archaeo View Post
    Man, this is just one of those things you see and realize, "I live in a weird and banal future."

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Wait a second? Is somebody butthurt over a show that decides to appropriate a monster from D&D and make it their own?

Jeez, like D&D hasn't taken anyting from myth, legends or folklore? Like Demigorgon for instance

Next time around I'll complain if somebody changes around Disney's Rasputin from Anastasia
    Last edited by RazorChain; 2018-09-21 at 01:56 PM.
    Optimizing vs Roleplay
    If the worlds greatest optimizer makes a character and hands it to the worlds greatest roleplayer who roleplays the character. What will happen? Will the Universe implode?

Roleplaying vs Fun
    If roleplaying is no fun then stop doing it. Unless of course you are roleplaying at gunpoint then you should roleplay like your life depended on it.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RazorChain View Post
    Wait a second? Is somebody butthurt over a show that decides to appropriate a monster from D&D and make it their own?

Jeez, like D&D hasn't taken anyting from myth, legends or folklore? Like Demigorgon for instance

Next time around I'll complain if somebody changes around Disney's Rasputin from Anastasia
    Oh I'm totally taking Rasputin and making him my next BBEG

(Also Anastasia wasn't Disney)

(still your point was well made.)

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

Chimera

Well, if you notice, the OP hasn't been back, and the rest of us aren't treating the situation that seriously. So in all likelihood, no, no one is that butthurt. It has been a great way for people to blow off steam, though.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GlenSmash! View Post
    Oh I'm totally taking Rasputin and making him my next BBEG

(Also Anastasia wasn't Disney)

(still your point was well made.)
    I know but Disney always.... Disney-fies other tales like Anastasia and somebody getting angry if I don't present Rasputin like he was in the Disney movie is the same as getting pissed over Stranger Things not using the D&D version of Demigorgon.

I mean Demigorgon is well known from literature like Paradise Lost and Doctor Faustus
    Optimizing vs Roleplay
    If the worlds greatest optimizer makes a character and hands it to the worlds greatest roleplayer who roleplays the character. What will happen? Will the Universe implode?

Roleplaying vs Fun
    If roleplaying is no fun then stop doing it. Unless of course you are roleplaying at gunpoint then you should roleplay like your life depended on it.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I know but Disney always.... Disney-fies other tales like Anastasia and somebody getting angry if I don't present Rasputin like he was in the Disney movie is the same as getting pissed over Stranger Things not using the D&D version of Demigorgon.

I mean Demigorgon is well known from literature like Paradise Lost and Doctor Faustus
    Oh I get it and like I said it's still a good point, but Anastasia was 20th Century Fox.

But sure Disney did the same to Pocahontas, Powhatan, John Smith, Robin Hood, Merlin, Arthur (Though those last ones are more mythological rather than historical) and lots of others.

I'm just being pedantic. This is the internet after all.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Anastasia was a Don Bluth film (though at that time he was forced to do a stye more like Renaissance Disney). He is the guy that at one point did work for Disney but left and is wel known for movies like "The Secret of Nimh", "American Tale", "All Dogs Go to Heaven", and "The Land Before Time".
    A vestige for me "Pyro火gnus Friend of Meepo" by Zaydos.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/shows...5&postcount=26