New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Banned

Default Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    <<Wings>> is an Aasimar-only feat accessible at level 10 and you can typically only take it at level 11 because then you get the a feat on level-up to lvl 11 not on leveling up to lvl 10.
    Oh, I see. If it's available at level 10, that explains why I haven't seen it. However, I didn't know he was an aasimar. Goes to show how much attention I'm paying =D

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Nah. Tristian is human. He's not supposed to get the Wings feat. That's just a bug.

Or is it?

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, it's apparently bugged with the latest patch and doesn't check for requirements.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You can actually check all the feats in the game if you just click on the <<show unavailable>> button while leveling up.

5. - Top - End - #305

DwarfClericGuy

Well, every one of my party members now has wings. Hope I get the feat back when the bug is fixed.

6. - Top - End - #306

SolithKnightGuy

I took wings for my MC just for the coolness factor XD

I just which there was actually a small animation or other small addition to the character model like with halo

7. - Top - End - #307

DwarfClericGuy

So I built the guy's alchemal lab in the area near Oleg, but when I went up to the new town I could not find him. Does the lab require a second upgrade?

8. - Top - End - #308
    Banned

Never saw wings for Tristian - but I'm levelling Harrim right now, and he has the option. Winged dwarf. A um ... dwangel?

9. - Top - End - #309

DwarfClericGuy

Nihilistic dwarf angel= very Planescape

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

The villages you build don't actually change depending on what's built in them. As soon as you build a workshop they'll just randomly appear in your throne room and give you gear.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    The villages you build don't actually change depending on what's built in them. As soon as you build a workshop they'll just randomly appear in your throne room and give you gear.
    This was such a disappointing aspect of the game for me. The oldest Iso game with custom "city building" I've played that I can think of offhand, X-com (1994), would generate an accurate representation of your base when it got attacked. The Kingdom management UI is just tacked on as an afterthought, and other than giving you a game over screen if ignored, it seems to have no actual impact on the game content. You can't even get the NPCs out of their original towns- Bokken apparently goes from Oleg's to his workshop on the other side of the province every day, only to go back to Oleg's at a moment's notice any time of day you happen to visit.

Also, speaking of crafters that show up in your throne room, is there any benefit to the pathological liar from Golarion!India? She keeps handing me weapons I can't equip, then telling me she won't do commissions and she needs me to go to the colony she lives in so that I can get an item from her and go back to the capital and work with the storyteller to tell her that her dishonesty is hereditary and get another dishonest wall of purple prose for the trouble. It's like... the storyteller is right there, standing behind you every time you bring one of these useless exotic weapons that no one can equip.
    My Homebrew
    A Return to Exile, a homebrew campaign setting.
    Under Construction: Skills revamp for the Campaign Setting. I need to make a new index thread.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

!Not-Scheherazade did give me a rather powerful crossbow, but yeah. Most of her things seem to be useless vendor trash. But at least it's valuable vendor trash. So I mostly think of her as my BP battery. Far better investment than... well, most anything else that actually pays off during kingdom management. As far as BP is concerned, nothing beats just selling what artisans give you and buying back BP.

Also.

Spoiler: Deal with the devil
    Show
    I hate everything about the Deal with the Devil quest. The characters involved, the fact that the game bends over backwards to make you and your kingdom incompetent. The fact that both sides are evil and smug and the fact that you're CE for not letting them be smug threatening/back-stabbing bastards. The fact that you don't get to call them out on their betrayal. And the fact that even after you chase the Hellknights out the first time around, your nation keeps losing loyalty points because... what?

This quest is so terribly made in every single regard.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Banned

There is something I simply do not know: Kingdom ressources, those points on the map that gives some sort of bonus ... is there a way to know whether you've actually claimed them, or .. not?

14. - Top - End - #314
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    There is something I simply do not know: Kingdom ressources, those points on the map that gives some sort of bonus ... is there a way to know whether you've actually claimed them, or .. not?
    When they're claimed a little signpost appears next to them on the map.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

15. - Top - End - #315

DwarfClericGuy

Is "spend two weeks on community" the only thing you need to do before you can upgrade your buildings to tier 2 buildings?

16. - Top - End - #316

Quote Originally Posted by Sloanzilla View Post
    Is "spend two weeks on community" the only thing you need to do before you can upgrade your buildings to tier 2 buildings?
    No. That lets your Community stat go higher, but to get tier 2 buildings you need to upgrade your village to a town. Before you can do THAT you need at least two other villages.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Two bugs. During "The Door to Nowhere" do not give Jubilost the book on the 24th of the month. If you do, the quest breaks.

Second, there's a late stage improvement that allows you to decrease how long it takes to rank up. This improvement does not work, and it will still take you two weeks to rank up.

Also, I *really* like Jubilost. Whomever wrote him did an excellent job, though I'm still astonished that he's CN. For all his pride, the guy seems incredibly benevolent. Also, he and Linzi make fun jokes together.

18. - Top - End - #318

DwarfClericGuy

Ok thanks, what would have been even better is if the game said that

19. - Top - End - #319

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    Also, I *really* like Jubilost. Whomever wrote him did an excellent job, though I'm still astonished that he's CN. For all his pride, the guy seems incredibly benevolent. Also, he and Linzi make fun jokes together.
    I thought the same. When I first met him, I found him infuriating, but he grew on me. And he cares, on many levels. Also, he is the only gods damned economist on the entire continent XD. His contribution made the barony possible to survive more than a few months. As a distant second comes Val as the Regent, everybody else is almost an afterthought.

They are the rock upon which my Angel-born Paladin builds her church paradise salvation outer heaven Nation and bring the people peace, liberty, justice and prosperity.
    Last edited by Platinius; 2018-10-20 at 04:54 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Troll in the Playground

I found him incredibly annoying. If he weren't the only treasurer available I would have flat out told him to take a hike.

As is, he's getting left on the bench to serve as treasurer until I find someone else who can fill the role. I'm sure I'm missing some hidden depths or something but his first impression rankled me enough that I just don't care.
    Last edited by Tome; 2018-10-20 at 05:23 PM.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    I found him incredibly annoying. If he weren't the only treasurer available I would have flat out told him to take a hike.

As is, he's getting left on the bench to serve as treasurer until I find someone else who can fill the role. I'm sure I'm missing some hidden depths or something but his first impression rankled me enough that I just don't care.
    Spoiler: Third Act
    Show
    Maegar Varn can do it, once you get him, but he's not near as good at it.

22. - Top - End - #322

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Spoiler: Third Act
    Show
    Maegar Varn can do it, once you get him, but he's not near as good at it.
    Like I said, he is the only actual economist in that corner of the continent.

You don't need to cart him around in your party to get the nice bits of interaction with him. If you read his reports and ask him during his companion quests, you get some juicy characterization^^

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Platinius View Post
    I thought the same. When I first met him, I found him infuriating, but he grew on me. And he cares, on many levels. Also, he is the only gods damned economist on the entire continent XD. His contribution made the barony possible to survive more than a few months. As a distant second comes Val as the Regent, everybody else is almost an afterthought.

They are the rock upon which my Angel-born Paladin builds her church paradise salvation outer heaven Nation and bring the people peace, liberty, justice and prosperity.
    Y'know, that does remind me. There really should be more options for advisors. The only reason I'm currently able to run a full board is because of a bug that revived a guy who is supposed to be dead. And honestly, I really hope that we'll be able to mod in our own characters later, because right now I have to use Octavia as my magister. Little miss "I-broke-a-nail-by-thinking-too-hard" Octavia. I'm the Sorceress-Queen of almost the entire Stolen Lands. I should be able to find someone with a base-level of competence higher than what it takes to be pretty.

But yes, I'm much like yourself. An advisory board with the likes of Tristian, Val, Ekundayo and Jubilost keeps the nation honest.

24. - Top - End - #324

DwarfClericGuy

So, other complaints aside, my biggest issue with this game is that the "Lawful Good" option often is basically "we are going to kill you, because you are a different species than us."

I've spent the last 20 years at the gaming table trying to explain that that sort of play is NOT what lawful good means, so ugh.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Banned

So, other complaints aside, my biggest issue with this game is that the "Lawful Good" option often is basically "we are going to kill you, because you are a different species than us."

I've spent the last 20 years at the gaming table trying to explain that that sort of play is NOT what lawful good means, so ugh.
    That's actually debatable. If you subscribe to alignments at all, you should propably also subscribe to racial alignments - such as orcs being CE. In which case it's really not LG to not kill orcs: You simply cannot uphold your responsibility towards the weak and the needy, if you allow such wickedness to spread unchecked.

I do not subscribe to alignments at all, so this is not a discussion I want. I'm just saying - the point of view is entirely valid.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

"we are going to kill you, because you are a different species than us."
    Are you talking about the rampaging trolls slaughtering villages, their allied kobolds waylaying travelers and helping them slaughter aforementioned villages or something else? Because I don't see how it's anything but Good to protect the innocent villagers from those terrors. I wouldn't ding a paladin for killing them all.

Of course, I wouldn't ding a paladin for choosing to spare them either. It's a slight limitation for the game that has to track alignment by numbers and assign those specific numbers to discreet options where a DM would be far better equipped to track a PC's motivations and such. Luckily there's a lot of leeway built into the system: You can take a Neutral Good action sometimes, and maintain your alignment with no problems.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Well, when I play a Paladin -- and I often do -- my ideal goal would be to not just spare them, but convert them. In our tabletop Kingmaker campaign, the Kobolds have become useful members of our society. A bunch of hostage-taking marauders (random kingdom event) have not only been brought to surrender, but recruited as guardsmen where they can work off their debt to society.

Just last session, an Orcish warband (hired by Pitax) that we'd been chasing down for days surrendered to us, and offered their treasure if we'd spare them, and promised to leave and never get in our hair again. Well, of course that was a dilemma: if we'd let them go, they'd probably just cause trouble elsewhere. Their leader was an Antipaladin of Norgorber, so just letting him go was out of the question for my Pally anyway. So what I did was challenge the leader to a formal duel; our Inquisitor did the same with their Wizard; thus we offered them honourable deaths, while allowing their rank and file (about a dozen lowlevel Orcs) to make their way to Galt. My Paladin doesn't think highly of Galt. :p

So, long story short, yes I do think that you can be a Lawful Good Paladin _and_ be neither genocidal nor a pushover.
    Let me give you a brief rundown of an average Post-3E Era fight: You attack an enemy and start kicking his shins. He then starts kicking your shins, then you take it in turns kicking until one of you falls over. It basically comes down to who started the battle with the biggest boot, and the only strategy involved is realizing when things have gone tits up and legging it.

28. - Top - End - #328

Amusingly enough thats also often the Lawful Evil option in this game. The alignment bumps are all over the place. I had one quest where imprisoning someone who committed an actual crime against subjects of my kingdom as well as attempting to have a cursed sword sent to me to defame the person they were apprenticed to. Imprisoning him was Lawful evil, executing him was chaotic evil, siding with him was also chaotic evil, and not getting involved any further chaotic neutral. I really cant get my head around how imprisoning someone who committed a crime is an evil action and executing them for that fairly serious crime is a chaotic action.
    Last edited by Inarius; 2018-10-21 at 08:18 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    That's actually debatable. If you subscribe to alignments at all, you should propably also subscribe to racial alignments - such as orcs being CE. In which case it's really not LG to not kill orcs: You simply cannot uphold your responsibility towards the weak and the needy, if you allow such wickedness to spread unchecked.

I do not subscribe to alignments at all, so this is not a discussion I want. I'm just saying - the point of view is entirely valid.
    Not really. I can believe in an axis of order vs. chaos and an axis of altruism vs. selfishness as a somewhat viable way of looking at life and not believe that means specific species are only worth killing. I fail to see any mandatory link between the two whatsoever.

I wish there was some additional option with the one peaceful troll. He seemed so disappointed. And even the troll boss seemed to imply that they do what they do because they don't have an option.

30. - Top - End - #330

Heh, so I guess Hellfire Ray is even crazier than scorching ray with sneak attacks because it gives you the full sneak attack die for each damage component of each ray. So you can basically do 6x your sneak attack damage at level 20. Pretty sure that's not intended but with the way the spell deals its damage in 2 components I can see how it would bungle the sneak attack damage.