New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [PF] The Risen Guard of Osirion; Forged in Strife and Fire

The Narrows - Alleyway
    Graitore tore forward as Osorkon shifted to the high ground atop a dilapidated building. The man turned around, swiping frantically as Graitore stumbled around the man's reach, both failing to move the way they wanted to. With his path cut off, and more blood leaking from open wounds he skidded to a stop staring at the two of you bewildered. He reaches into his pocket, tossing the pouch at Graitore. Fine! Have your damn coins, you crazy people! What kind of freaks are you!? The dig was clearly aimed at the blood mage, bloodshot eyes not quite meeting Osorkon's gaze.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Osorkon draws some more blood from the freshest wound in order to blink down near the pair, though not within arms reach. He looks daggers at the thief and uses his magic to stop the bleeding, though he doesn’t relinquish control. ”The kind who have little room for mercy. I hope you can give us information... for your sake.” Osorkon lets crimson shine and drip from his blade in front of the thief.

”We are looking for information nation about a special ship that can avoid the Navy. What do you know of it?” He snaps his fingers at the thief angrily and furrows his brow as he concentrates.”I made a mess of myself, so quickly now!”

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Osorkon teleports down and continues to spend move actions to concentrate on blood control. He uses coagulate immediately as part of this to stop the bleeding but can continue it at any time. Gratoire can ask any questions he wants as well since there’s no need to be diplomatic.
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Pending

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenfedora
    You beautiful bastard, making me agree with you by complimenting me

Fantastic Avatar by smuchmuch!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

The Narrows
    The thief doesn't protest as you attach the manacles, though he does seem to noticeably relax. It takes a few minutes of searching, but you find a local Guard who looks at the trio of you bewildered. After about 10 minutes of explaining what happened and how and why you have him restrained and assurance that he isn't arresting an innocent civilian and you weren't the violent criminals (and tactfully avoiding invoking your status), he takes the man from your custody. He instructs that you'll need to speak with the Magistrate about the incident in the next few days and if you fail to show, the guy would be let go without so much a slap on the wrist.

By and large, it took nearly an hour to deal with the thief and his accomplice didn't rear his head the entire time. Presumably, there truly is no honor among thieves. The sun has just crested over the top of the sky and is slowly starting its descent towards the horizon; though sunset is still several hours off.

Spoiler
    Show
    I assume you wish to head to the Slave Docks and find the Endless Drummer's establishment but if you wish to change track, here's your chance.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Gratoire reminded the guard before they left that the thief had some form of teleportation ability. As the pair left, Gratoire cocked his head, quizically. "Did he seem calmer to you after we left him with that guard?" He takes a step as of to go after the guard and thief but stops, his current mission holding him back, "Something feels off, he certainly felt more afraid of us than the guard, but it's like the moment he knew that he would go into custody he lost all sense of worry."

Knowing that they had done all that could be done, Gratoire sets a mental reminder to appear for the magistrate and then diverts his attention back to the main task at hand. "Let's find this Endless Drummer"

5. - Top - End - #335

”I agree. But it doesn’t matter. If we see them again we won’t play nice.” Osorkon says as they walk. He smiles and chuckles a little thinking about the chase. ”We work well together. Your pairings seem well suited in many ways.”

Osorkon nods about finding the Drummer and picks up his pace, not wanting to lose any more time.
    Show
    Pending

Show

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

The Slave Docks
    Wide boulevards lined with poles affixed with iron rings criss-cross this low-lying district. People move about screaming prices over your head as new stock is placed out for sale. The stink of humanity overlays everything here. It doesn't take much time to locate The Endless Drummer. The only thing audible over the sounds of lively trade is the steady rhythmic beating. A large warehouse, situated just opposite the numerous piers of the Slave Docks, looms over the street. A large wooden sign with a stylized drum hangs over the open double doors. Stepping inside, you find a small room situated with a single desk. A half-elven woman sits behind the desk, dutifully scribbling on parchment. Without looking up from her paperwork, she speaks in a shrill, condescending tone. Mr. Drunmer will not be seeing anyone today. Any inquiries about stock are to be handled by the overseer's at market. If you'd like to make an appointment with Mr. Drunmer, please fill out this form. You will receive notice within 5 to 30 business days about your pending appointment. She proffer's a small stack of paper, not once taking her eyes from her desk.

Qaidran District
    As you discuss amongst yourselves, a faint mist seeps into the room from underneath the door. It takes only a few moments for it to coalesce into a humanoid shape, its features hardening into Astrophel. With a warm, but exasperated smile, he greets you. Apologies for barging in. That Mayor... talks a lot.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #337

SwashbucklerGuy

Gratoire discreetly pulls out his Risen Guard badge and lays it on the table for the clerk to see. "That doesn't work for us" he says quietly. "Now there are two things we need, first I would like you to bring us a Chelaxian man named Jorge. After we talk with him we would like to speak with Drunmer. And if you could set up a quiet place for us to talk that would be delightful."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

"...Now's not the best time," Zadkiel began to explain. He didn't know much about vampires so it took an effort not to be surprised at the misty entrance. "We're in the middle of our investigation. Two men from outside saw us come in here; I couldn't shake 'em on the street so I hoped to prepare disguises and slip out under invisibility."

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

The Slave Docks
    The woman's quill-pen stopped. Gently, she rose from her seat making purposeful eye contact with Graitore. With a saccharine smile she responded. My apologies. I was unaware of your imminent arrival. Allow me to fetch Mr. Drunmer for you. Mr. Estrada is busy with his tasks at the moment. I'm sure Mr. Drunmer would allow him a short break but that is beyond my station. She bowed curtly and spun on her heels, disappearing into a small door. You waited for about 10 minutes before the door opened again. The half-elf woman returned, same sickly sweet smile plastered on her face. If you please, follow me. She gestured to the room beyond.

As you enter the room, two things become immediately apparent to you. First; the sound of the incessant drum beat becomes clear. A huge drum, at least the size of a large camel, hung from the rafters of the building. Wooden catwalks lined the two-bell drum, two large men in little more than a modesty cloth with enormous mallets strike the drum in perfect rhythm. As the woman leads you up a nearby staircase to the upper catwalks, you get a good look at the area below. Masses of people, squished into the sunken lower level like fish in a net. If you watched for a few moments, it became clear that the mass of people leaned one way and then the other, in time with the drumbeat. No one made a sound, and besides the swaying, no one moved. You passed one of the drummers, who did not stop their beating or even acknowledge your presence.

Soon, she ushered you into a room at the far end of the catwalk, another office though one considerably larger than the small hole at the front of the building. The interior was lavishly decorated, filled with imported and exotic wonders. A Xianian tapestry hung on one wall, while the pelt of a massive white wolf spread across the floor. A desk made of exotic, Mwagni hardwood carved with depictions of musicians in motion. On top, a crystal decanter and matching glasses that seemed to shift their colors as you watched. Behind the desk sat a tall, lean man of Garundi descent. He was dressed in opulent finery, though clearly of local make, trimmed with golden fringe. He greeted you with a welcoming smile, motioning with a bejeweled hand to the two empty chairs positioned opposite him. Please Sirs, have a seat. I'm told you have some questions for me and one of my employees? His tone was even, pleasant and light-hearted.

Qaidran Quarter
    Astrophel frowned and nodded. Yes, I believe I know who you refer to. They were easy enough to see their approach. If it helps, they are currently situated outside in the common area. He quieted for a moment before adding. Would you like my assistance? A vampire's gaze can be... persuasive. Just enough to send them on their way.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2019-05-14 at 11:57 AM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

10. - Top - End - #340

SwashbucklerGuy

Gratoire climbs the stairs, finding his footsteps instinctively begin to step in time to the beating drum. He quickly assessed the room they had entered, checking for possible hidden guards before taking a seat.

"Thank you for seeing us on short notice. We are looking for information about a boat known as Bloodsail, it made dock here in the slave quarters three nights ago." He matched their hosts tone, despite his inner worry about the machinations of a man who could head such a large operation. "We believe Jose Estada may be an eye witness of the event"

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ettin in the Playground

"Will they remember you afterwards?" Zadkiel frowned. "We're to protect you, not drag you into these side-investigations."

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Oathbreaker reaches for his weapon as the mist begins to seep into the room, but releases his grip after seeing that it is only Astrophel.

"We believe that they may be associated with the individuals we are in contact with. Rather than attempt to deal with these men which may alert them and cause them to go to ground instead of meeting with us, could you deliver a message to the others? It would be good to have back-up in the event negotiations . . . break down."
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Qaidran Quarter
    I cannot alter their memory but I can guide how they perceive it. But he holds up his hands in a placating gesture. I understand. It may take some time to locate your fellows; they aren't as easily traceable as you, my dear 'Oman'. What message would you like to deliver?

Slave Docks; Endless Drummer's Office
    Mr. Drunmer's expression remains jovial, having no visible reaction to your words. Blood Sail? Hmm, I can't say I've heard of a vessel with such a name. He taps his chin a few times before he drumming his fingers on the desk in a rhythmic fashion. How did you hear of this Blood Sail? I have many connections to the comings and goings of these waters and I'm sure I'd hear of such a wonderfully exotic ship.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you like, we can move this over to the IC-Chat on discord.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

"Even if it might make losing them easier, I would rather they had no idea you're here at all."

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

"We are meeting some smugglers after nightfall at the Ruby's Brilliance. They may be ordinary smugglers. They may be who we're looking for. Or they could attempt to kill us. Regardless, it may be prudent if you and the other two are available nearby for us to be able to call upon if we need assistance."

Oathbreaker explains evenly.

"I concur with Zadkiel - whoever our tails are, spooking them will likely only make things harder for our side of this investigation. Hence why we are here, simply waiting for nightfall before we go back to the Ruby's Brilliance."

16. - Top - End - #346

Osorkon waits outside the room patiently counting the seconds. After three full minutes he knocks on the door. ”Gratoire?”
    Osorkon opens the door quickly, pulling out his dagger at the same time but keeping it hidden by the door.
    Show
    Pending

Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Endless Drummer
    As you open the door, you are greeted by a strange sight. First off, there was no sound. Or rather, instead of the low murmur of a whispered conversation you expected to hear, however briefly, when you first opened the door, you hear nothing but soft breathing. As you fully open the door, you spot Graitore, still seated but slumped forward onto the desk snoozing lightly. Next to him, on the ground, was Mr. Drunmer, also sleeping. Mr. Drunmer's assistant, who had been staring daggers at you as you waited idly at the door, rushed into the room after you had opened the door. Oh dear, what has he done now? She seemed more exasperated than concerned.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #348

Osorkon cautiously approaches Gratoire, glaring at his peaceful form. He gently lifts him to a sitting position before slapping him with his open hand. Osorkon lets the sting take effect before speaking, the anger clear in his voice. ”What happened? What did he do to you?” Osorkon stands up and offers his slapping hand to help Gratoire Rise to his feet.
    Show
    Pending

Show

19. - Top - End - #349

SwashbucklerGuy

Gratoire startles awake raising his arms defensively for the next attack, but relaxing when he realized that he was in no immediate danger.

"I'm not sure, I remember I sensed something odd while we were talking earlier. Then our friend, Mr Drunmer asked me to stay a moment more. The next thing I remember was him walking around the desk towards me." As he spoke, Graitore kneeled down to Drunmer and gently shook him awake. 'Osorkon close the door please, no one in or out of this room. I don't know what happened but I'd like to try and keep the room free of any more disturbances." He turned back to the slave owner, "Mr. Drunmer? Mr. Drunmer are you okay? Do you know what happened?"

20. - Top - End - #350

Osorkon attempts to hold Gratoire from going towards Mr. Drunmer despite Gratoire’s strength. ”Listen to me, you are acting strangely. Mr. Drunmer is the one who set you up like this, he’s fine. Remember why we’re here.” Osorkon’s mind was racing. How could Gratoire not remember? Mr. Drunmer went from suspicious to potentially dangerous very quickly.

Osorkon whips around towards Mr. Drunmer, eyes narrowed. His hand still clenched the dagger, though now his knuckles were a little white. ”What did you do to him?”
    Last edited by warper; 2019-06-03 at 10:25 AM.
    Show
    Pending

Show

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

The assistant was already gently rousing Mr. Drunmer as Graitore reached to wake him and Osorkon issued his challenge. The man blinked confusedly looking at everyone slowly. What? What are you talking about? Why am I on the floor? He stands slowly, clearly trying to work out what happened on his face. I didn't do... anything. You left the room and then... you're back and I'm on the floor unconscious! What did you do to me!? I ought to call the guards and have you arrested for assaulting me, Risen Guard or not!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

22. - Top - End - #352

Osorkon’s face visibly blanched and he backpedaled, shoving Gratoire towards the door. ”My apologies sir! I didn’t realize I... We won’t disturb you any longer.”

Osorkon attempts to push Gratoire out of the room. Just before he closes the door he starts berating Gratoire angrily. ”What did you do to him! You can’t!-“ Osorkon then shut the door and moved at a quickened pace.

After moving away he stopped berating Gratoire. ”Sorry about that. We can’t be making enemies right now.” Osorkon felt paranoid. He wanted to ask questions but felt like he was being watched.
    Show
    Pending

Show

23. - Top - End - #353

SwashbucklerGuy

Gratoire had a hard time following what was going on, a friend and a highly respected ally were both accusing each other and Osorkon was saying he was under some spell. Unable to create a reasonable solution in his head, Gratoire follows Osorkon out, staying mute with indecision.

Once out he again tried to make sense of it, [b]"Osorkon what is going on?" [b] despite his worry for his friend inside, Gratoire also began to consider how they would find Jose in this mess, knowing that the job came first.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

Endless Drummer
    Mr. Drunmer's face remained outraged as you made a hasty exit from the office. No sooner had the two of you questioned the other, a large man, clearly of chelix descent clothed in a simple cloth diaper and dripping in sweat, stared dumbly at the two of you. Osorkon recognizes him as the man that the assistant had brought for you before the weirdness with Mr. Drunmer holding Graitore back. Uh... should I get back to drumming? He asked dimly.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

25. - Top - End - #355

Osorkon turns to Jorge without answering Gratoire. ”Meet me at the Saphire Sphinx tonight and you’ll be rewarded handsomely.” Osorkon goes to shake Jorge’s hand, slipping a gold coin into his hand. He then begins to walk away, hoping Gratoire follows without making more problems.
    Show
    Pending

Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Jorge stares at the pair of you as you leave, looking bewildered. Just as you reach the end of the catwalk, the office door flies opens and then closes quickly. You catch a brief snippet of a curse laden tirade before the half-elven receptionist power-walks towards you, sharp eyes burning holes in your foreheads. Out! You've gone and riled up Mr. Drunmer! OUT! Of course, you were already leaving so it was a simple matter of keeping pace with her and soon you were outside back in the bright sunshine. As you slowly adjusted to the brightness once more, a figure approached you from the crowd. At first you don't recognize the face till it morphed back into (clearly human) Astrophel. He smiles and then motions for you to follow him. Once he had led you to a relatively secluded alley, he explains what the others had been up to and that your presence was requested as back up for the return trip to Ruby's Brilliance. He then leads you back towards the Qaidran Quarter, disappearing briefly to inform the others you had arrived before rejoining you.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

Qaidran Quarter
    Zadkiel got to work, crafting disguises for himself and Oathbreaker. They are quite convincing; you look the part of Qaidran merchants ready to head back to the homeland. As sundown approached, Zadkiel weaved his spells and the two of you swiftly fade from view. Moving swiftly, the duo move through the more crowded common area of the inn. You both recognize the one man who had remained to watch for you and it seems luckily he didn't seem to notice your egress.

As you make your way towards the Ruby's Brilliance, Osorkon and Graitore fall in behind you by several paces. At first you don't recognize him, but Astrophel is also with you, a smear of black across the night sky as an oversized bat. At no point during your travel to the tavern do you recognize the other man who tailed you earlier.

Just at sunset, the two of you reach the pier. Activity has gone down considerably; you can easily walk abreast with no risk of bumping into other people. Graitore and Osorkon stop some ways away, but close enough to have a good view of the squat building. The short door is closed, as it was before, but on the door is a hastily and sloppily written sign in Osirion that read "Closed for Private Party." Before you can even knock, the door flies open and the bartender greets you with a warm smile and pulls Zadkiel into a tight hug. Cousin! Welcome! Pleased am I to meet you! He then whispers in your ear, as he holds the hug a bit too long. Your two friends stay outside. He pulled back, motioning you inside. Come in come in cousin! Tell me all about this strapping young lad on your arm!
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'll tell you all about him," Zadkiel said with his best fake-grin as he stepped inside. "Is your mother-in-law in town?" ["Can we speak freely in here?"]

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

Oathbreaker follows Zadkiel inside, his eyebrow twitching a bit inside at the quiet mention of their comrades outside, but of course it wasn't so shocking that criminals would be keeping an eye on the surrounding blocks. Perhaps it would even keep them more honest, knowing that the two of them were not alone.

30. - Top - End - #360

SwashbucklerGuy

Gratoire finds a place to set up that provides him a good way to watch the street for anyone who might be tailing his allies.

Spoiler: perception
    Show
    (1d20+9)[20]