New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

Episode 8 Scene 2

Okay, we're all together, any ideas what you want to do? Ophelia asks after calming down.

Those words, send you in a state of panic, how can you possibly please this goddess of power?

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =Indoor pool. +3 VP with Ophelia

Conflict =Tackle football. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =Pick a good idea at random. +3 VP with Ophelia.

If players pick the same roll and tie they both get vp, otherwise highest mod tiebreaks, and if mods are the same, they reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

"How about something physically active?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now it's On (+2)
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Oooh, oooh! We can go swimming!" Emma squealed excitedly, "There's an indoor pool we can use, it's fantastic! Please, please, can we? Can we?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Allure, Maiden's Garb (+2), +2 total.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Alice eagerly supported Emma's suggestion. "Ooo, a pool would be perfect!" she said, throwing her arm around Ophelia's shoulders. "I mean, think about it: kind of hard to be clumsy while you're in a pool. Or we can just lie around the side of the pool checking out all the cute guys and girls in swimsuits," she added with a wink.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2 = +3 total.

Shameless justified by the fact that this is still the same day as at the end of the last episode, where I used it, so of course she's still wearing the same thing. Just couldn't work a description of her outfit in naturally there.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2018-10-04 at 05:39 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

"I think some time in the water, or by the water, would do us all some good - I'm fairly certain it won't exacerbate the infection, anyway," she mutters at the end. "Sorry Athena, it looks like you're outvoted...unless little miss ear infection agrees, of course. Always defer to the patient," she teases Ophelia.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Allure. Neutral roll. Just As Planned on Alice, after some deliberation. Pool party ahoy.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi

The incubus nods sagely and pops a button on his shirt. "I'm going to have to agree with Emma. Sorry Athena dear. But if you want athletic then you can't go wrong with chasing a merfolk around a pool. Emma did you remember your lotion? Chlorine is bad for your scales."

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll +1, Shameless +2; Total: +3
    + 1 if Soldier of Sin activates

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice eagerly supported Emma's suggestion. "Ooo, a pool would be perfect!" she said, throwing her arm around Ophelia's shoulders. "I mean, think about it: kind of hard to be clumsy while you're in a pool. Or we can just lie around the side of the pool checking out all the cute guys and girls in swimsuits," she added with a wink.

Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2 = +3 total.

Shameless justified by the fact that this is still the same day as at the end of the last episode, where I used it, so of course she's still wearing the same thing. Just couldn't work a description of her outfit in naturally there.
    Meep! Ophelia remarks blushing as she felt Alice's chest against her.

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure that would be good. She says not seeming to notice what she agreed to.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "I think some time in the water, or by the water, would do us all some good - I'm fairly certain it won't exacerbate the infection, anyway," she mutters at the end. "Sorry Athena, it looks like you're outvoted...unless little miss ear infection agrees, of course. Always defer to the patient," she teases Ophelia.

Show
    Allure. Neutral roll. Just As Planned on Alice, after some deliberation. Pool party ahoy.
    Do we all have swimsuits? Ophelia lets out.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi

The incubus nods sagely and pops a button on his shirt. "I'm going to have to agree with Emma. Sorry Athena dear. But if you want athletic then you can't go wrong with chasing a merfolk around a pool. Emma did you remember your lotion? Chlorine is bad for your scales."

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll +1, Shameless +2; Total: +3
    + 1 if Soldier of Sin activates
    "Oh right! I should have it around here somewhere..." Emma said, digging through the saddlebag on her wheelchair, "Ah, here it is!"

She pulls out the small squeeze bottle and sets it aside, "You know, I heard other seapeople know how to filter chlorine or process it or something, but when I try it I end up just purging it out of the entire pool, which makes people mad for some reason."

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "I do!" Emma shouts, and before anyone can stop her she strips out of her garments right then and there, revealing that she is wearing a emerald green bikini top in lieu of a bra, "Come on, let's go already!"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

"Removing chlorine is a hazard if it is not properly moved to another location, and the chlorine is in the pool for the first place for sanitation purposes. You might consider talking to the management. Some pools make use of salt instead. If your church could find the funds, they might be able to pay to have the system replaced."

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Removing chlorine is a hazard if it is not properly moved to another location, and the chlorine is in the pool for the first place for sanitation purposes. You might consider talking to the management. Some pools make use of salt instead. If your church could find the funds, they might be able to pay to have the system replaced."
    "Yeah, I think that's what the ones I have at home use," Emma says, "Although my room is probably closer to an aquarium than a pool, come to think of it... anyway, yeah, that's a good idea. I'll talk to my followers and see if that's something we can do. Thanks for the idea, Athena!"

11. - Top - End - #11

Is the secular pool going to listen to Emma's.. religion? Ophelia lets out careful not to use the word cult.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Is the secular pool going to listen to Emma's.. religion? Ophelia lets out careful not to use the word cult.
    ”Money is quite persuasive, and there are plenty of non-humans who would appreciate not poisoning their gills with chlorine. More potential patrons should alone be encouraging.”

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Meep! Ophelia remarks blushing as she felt Alice's chest against her.

Yeah, yeah. I'm sure that would be good. She says not seeming to notice what she agreed to.
    Alice smirked at that. "Oh yeah, you'll love it for sure," she agreed.

"It's almost summer - of course I do," Alice answered, patting her purse.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "I do!" Emma shouts, and before anyone can stop her she strips out of her garments right then and there, revealing that she is wearing a emerald green bikini top in lieu of a bra, "Come on, let's go already!"
    Alice's eyes were glued to her the whole time, and she couldn't resist wolf whistling once Emma was done. "Nice," she remarked, giggling.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

”Money is quite persuasive, and there are plenty of non-humans who would appreciate not poisoning their gills with chlorine. More potential patrons should alone be encouraging.”
    "Ooh, good call, I should see if anyone else thinks about this the same way we do," Emma said.

Alice's eyes were glued to her the whole time, and she couldn't resist wolf whistling once Emma was done. "Nice," she remarked, giggling.
    "Thanks!" Emma replied, assuming Alice was talking about her top, "I usually wear bikini tops like this instead of bras because I'm in and out of the water several times a day. It's just easier this way."
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-10-07 at 09:55 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15

Isn't too much salt toxic to water nymphs though. Ophelia comments.

Alice smirked at that. "Oh yeah, you'll love it for sure," she agreed.

"It's almost summer - of course I do," Alice answered, patting her purse.

Okay. That's 3.

"Ooh, good call, I should see if anyone else thinks about this the same way we do," Emma said.

"Thanks!" Emma replied, assuming Alice was talking about her top, "I usually wear bikini tops like this instead of bras because I'm in and out of the water several times a day. It's just easier this way."
    And you don't really have a bottom you need to cover up. Ophelia muses looking at Emma's tail.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

”Most are brackish levels of salt. And it can’t be any more toxic than chlorine is already.”

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

And you don't really have a bottom you need to cover up. Ophelia muses looking at Emma's tail.
    "Nope!" Emma chirps, flicking her tail for emphasis, "Now come on, what are we waiting for? Let's go go go go go!"

18. - Top - End - #18

”Most are brackish levels of salt. And it can’t be any more toxic than chlorine is already.”
    Is chlorine bad for water nymphs? Ophelia remarks.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Is chlorine bad for water nymphs? Ophelia remarks.
    ”I can’t imagine it is any better for them than it is for Emma.”

Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

”I can’t imagine it is any better for them than it is for Emma.”
    The incubus pipes up. "It's actually worse for them, most nymphs breath like amphibians. So Emma will dry out and get itchy scales. They would actually die. You want to make money; invent a non chlorine, non salt pool sanitizer."

He shuffles around his backpack quickly. "And I have my gym shorts, so close enough."

21. - Top - End - #21

Episode 8 Scene 3.

As you enter the indoor pool it's thankfully somewhat busy, it's a fairly warm day, but outside water hasn't had the time to warm up.

That leaves.

The indoor....

How are you going to impress the Ophelia?

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d6 Be the charming butterfly you know you can be. +2 VP

Skill =d4 Your knowledge of water based games. +1 VP.

Conflict =d8 Bullying! +3 VP

Luck =d4 Slip and forcibly grab her attention. +1 VP.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi

The incubus is in his element. He struts around poolside in his very abbreviated gym shorts, showing off everything. He emerges glittering from the pool and bats his eyelashes at Ophelia. "So darling, see anything you like?"

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll: +1, Shameless: +2, Temptation: +2, Total: +5
    +1 if Soldier of Sin activates

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Athena on the way has been rambling about the history of water sports in a lecture that swings wildly between legitimately interesting and deathly boring.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

While Tachi might be in his element on land, Emma knows where her element is. She sets her bag gently on the nearby bench, then wheels herself as fast as she can towards an empty spot in the deep end of the pool. Her chair vaults over the edge and drops into the water, creating a huge splash that drenches anyone nearby, who in this case happens to be Tachi in his dashing pool shorts.

A couple of seconds later, the wheelchair, now lacking its former occupant, breaks through the surface and launches into the air. As it starts to come back down, an emerald green fish tail pops up and hits it with a loud SMACK, sending it flying back onto the land. Aimed with pinpoint accuracy, it ends up skidding to a halt directly next to the bench where Emma left her belonging, none the worse for wear save for being drenched in pool water.

Beneath the surface of the water, one can see the red-haired mermaid zooming around the bottom of the pool, gracefully darting between the other swimmers. Occasionally she breaks this up by jumping into the air, filling it with giddy laughter before she hits the water once again.

"What are you guys waiting for?" she yells at the people who haven't yet joined her during one of her leaps, "Come on!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (Tachi, +2), +3 total. Probably a waste of a power on such a small roll, but I refuse to fail the first roll since the beach episode that Emma's gotten the chance to actually be in the water.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-10-16 at 07:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

The incubus is in his element. He struts around poolside in his very abbreviated gym shorts, showing off everything. He emerges glittering from the pool and bats his eyelashes at Ophelia. "So darling, see anything you like?"
    "Good question, Tachi," Alice said as she arrived from the changing room, coming up from behind Ophelia to put one arm around her friend's shoulder. She was, of course, wearing a small pink bikini that left little to the imagination. "See anything you like, Ophelia? I sure do - several things, in fact," she added with a wink, glancing over both Tachi and Ophelia appreciatively.

She giggled as Emma's splash engulfed Tachi. "Yep, several for sure," she repeated suggestively.

Show
    Allure, Shameless +2, Touchy-Feely +1 = +3 total.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Sam pops in occasionally with either some less well-known water games they could play that Athena didn't go into detail on, or gave her opinion on whether a game she brought up would work well for their group or not.

Show
    Skill. Good 1+Honor Student 2=+3.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #27

Athena on the way has been rambling about the history of water sports in a lecture that swings wildly between legitimately interesting and deathly boring.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)
    See below post.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Sam pops in occasionally with either some less well-known water games they could play that Athena didn't go into detail on, or gave her opinion on whether a game she brought up would work well for their group or not.

Show
    Skill. Good 1+Honor Student 2=+3.
    No doubt the nerd's carefully researched and peer reviewed discussion on water based games would have entertained someone.

Ophelia was only partly this someone.

While Tachi might be in his element on land, Emma knows where her element is. She sets her bag gently on the nearby bench, then wheels herself as fast as she can towards an empty spot in the deep end of the pool. Her chair vaults over the edge and drops into the water, creating a huge splash that drenches anyone nearby, who in this case happens to be Tachi in his dashing pool shorts.

A couple of seconds later, the wheelchair, now lacking its former occupant, breaks through the surface and launches into the air. As it starts to come back down, an emerald green fish tail pops up and hits it with a loud SMACK, sending it flying back onto the land. Aimed with pinpoint accuracy, it ends up skidding to a halt directly next to the bench where Emma left her belonging, none the worse for wear save for being drenched in pool water.

Beneath the surface of the water, one can see the red-haired mermaid zooming around the bottom of the pool, gracefully darting between the other swimmers. Occasionally she breaks this up by jumping into the air, filling it with giddy laughter before she hits the water once again.

"What are you guys waiting for?" she yells at the people who haven't yet joined her during one of her leaps, "Come on!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (Tachi, +2), +3 total. Probably a waste of a power on such a small roll, but I refuse to fail the first roll since the beach episode that Emma's gotten the chance to actually be in the water.
    Oh....oh wow.... You hear Ophelia mutter at Tachi as a little boy screams. "Look daddy, it's Ariel!"

Tachi

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll: +1, Shameless: +2, Temptation: +2, Total: +5
    +1 if Soldier of Sin activates
    Um. uh... I mean.... wow... Ophelia blushed.

"Good question, Tachi," Alice said as she arrived from the changing room, coming up from behind Ophelia to put one arm around her friend's shoulder. She was, of course, wearing a small pink bikini that left little to the imagination. "See anything you like, Ophelia? I sure do - several things, in fact," she added with a wink, glancing over both Tachi and Ophelia appreciatively.

She giggled as Emma's splash engulfed Tachi. "Yep, several for sure," she repeated suggestively.

Show
    Allure, Shameless +2, Touchy-Feely +1 = +3 total.
    Meep! She let out as Alice got all touchy feely, with both girls wearing not very much.

You can see Ophelia go as red as a beet.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh....oh wow.... You hear Ophelia mutter at Tachi as a little boy screams. "Look daddy, it's Ariel!"
    Emma rolls her eyes at how easily Ophelia gets distracted. Then, hearing the boy's squeals of excitement, she decides to humor him a little. She swims over to the edge of the pool closest to where he's standing, then surfaces just enough to rest her arms and head on it.

"Hi!" she says, looking up at the boy with a warm smile, "You like mermaids, huh?"

29. - Top - End - #29

Emma rolls her eyes at how easily Ophelia gets distracted. Then, hearing the boy's squeals of excitement, she decides to humor him a little. She swims over to the edge of the pool closest to where he's standing, then surfaces just enough to rest her arms and head on it.

"Hi!" she says, looking up at the boy with a warm smile, "You like mermaids, huh?"
    "Yeah, Ariel's my favorite!" He says brightly crouching down. "Her voice is so pretty."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Yeah, Ariel's my favorite!" He says brightly crouching down. "Her voice is so pretty."
    "Well duh, but mine isn't half-bad either," Emma said with a chuckle, "My name's Emma, by the way. What's yours?"