The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

Although Alice hadn't missed the "study" part like Emma had, that didn't mean she didn't want to emphasize the "party" half of things. She of course showed up in one of her favorite skimpy outfits - one that she knew Ophelia liked, the cheerleader cosplay that left very little to the imagination. When Emma showed up and they had to explain to her about it being a study part, she smiled at the Mermaid and said, "Hey, it'd be a waste to bring all those games and not use them. Maybe we could play them in between subjects, to unwind?"

Still, it took less than a whole subject worth of studying for Alice to be bored out of her mind. And being bored, she started doing what little she could to amuse herself, including leaning back in her chair. Alice being who she was, this was of course a bad idea. When, inevitably, she toppled over, the *THUD* of the chair hitting the floor was accompanied by another sound - a loud *RIIIP*, as the top of her cheerleader cosplay outfit caught on the corner of the table next to her, and the thin fabric split easily under the strain. "Woops! Sorry, sorry!" Alice said, sitting up and examining the chair, predictably more worried about that being damaged than the fact that her top was in pieces and her lacey, semi-transparent bra was on full display.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck +1, Accident-Prone +2, Fortune Talisman +2 = +5 total.

Thanks for the Fortune Talisman, Techno!
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Samantha arrives soon enough, a bulging back of textbooks and note-taking supplies ready for a study-session.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Skill. Strong 1, Honor Student 2, Graceful, total auto-7.
    (WW/Mafia) Mansion Murder Mystery is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Emma, with her short attention span, only heard the 'party' part of 'study party', so she gave an overly enthusiastic "Sounds good!" before heading home to get ready.

Later that afternoon, Emma arrived at Ophelia's house with multiple bags of chips, soda, DVDs, and party games, all hanging off the back of her wheelchair like a discount Santa's gift bag.

"Alright everyone, I'm ready to party!" she cheered, before frowning and asking, "What's with all the books?"

Spoiler: Unopposed Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Fortune Talisman (Alice (since she's also a party animal ), +2), +3 total.
    It's... It's a study party, Emma. We're all getting together, so we can try to help each other understand the material. Ophelia sighed. Put the games away, and I'm pretty sure all the snacks inhibit cognitive function.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Although Alice hadn't missed the "study" part like Emma had, that didn't mean she didn't want to emphasize the "party" half of things. She of course showed up in one of her favorite skimpy outfits - one that she knew Ophelia liked, the cheerleader cosplay that left very little to the imagination. When Emma showed up and they had to explain to her about it being a study part, she smiled at the Mermaid and said, "Hey, it'd be a waste to bring all those games and not use them. Maybe we could play them in between subjects, to unwind?"

Still, it took less than a whole subject worth of studying for Alice to be bored out of her mind. And being bored, she started doing what little she could to amuse herself, including leaning back in her chair. Alice being who she was, this was of course a bad idea. When, inevitably, she toppled over, the *THUD* of the chair hitting the floor was accompanied by another sound - a loud *RIIIP*, as the top of her cheerleader cosplay outfit caught on the corner of the table next to her, and the thin fabric split easily under the strain. "Woops! Sorry, sorry!" Alice said, sitting up and examining the chair, predictably more worried about that being damaged than the fact that her top was in pieces and her lacey, semi-transparent bra was on full display.

Show
    Strong Luck +1, Accident-Prone +2, Fortune Talisman +2 = +5 total.

Thanks for the Fortune Talisman, Techno!
    Ophelia who had been blushing a little bit, instead lets out a large sigh.

Are you two done yet? I wanted to study and you're just sitting around goofing off! She lets out.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”That would be good. I hope you and the others actually plan to study and not just have a get together. If so, I can make proper preparations.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)
    I plan to study, but I can't stop them from goofing off. Ophelia continues.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Samantha arrives soon enough, a bulging back of textbooks and note-taking supplies ready for a study-session.

Show
    Skill. Strong 1, Honor Student 2, Graceful, total auto-7.
    At least you two actually listened to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

”To be fair, I don’t particularly need to study. However, you and the others... especially the others, need someone to add structure to your studying.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Ophelia who had been blushing a little bit, instead lets out a large sigh.

Are you two done yet? I wanted to study and you're just sitting around goofing off! She lets out.
    Alice, just starting at this point to pick up the pieces of her top, gives Ophelia a surprised and genuinely hurt look at that. "Goofing off? I wasn't goofing off! It's not like I choose to have accidents like this happen. I mean, it'd be terrible if that fall had damaged your chair - it looks like it's okay, by the way. And it's not like I wanted the top of one of my favorite costumes to get torn up like this, either."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

6. - Top - End - #276

”To be fair, I don’t particularly need to study. However, you and the others... especially the others, need someone to add structure to your studying.”
    I'm sure, Sam will be fine as well.

Alice, just starting at this point to pick up the pieces of her top, gives Ophelia a surprised and genuinely hurt look at that. "Goofing off? I wasn't goofing off! It's not like I choose to have accidents like this happen. I mean, it'd be terrible if that fall had damaged your chair - it looks like it's okay, by the way. And it's not like I wanted the top of one of my favorite costumes to get torn up like this, either."
    Why were you leaning that far back? Ophelia asked.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Why were you leaning that far back? Ophelia asked.
    Alice shrugs. "Who doesn't lean back in chairs sometimes?"

8. - Top - End - #278

Alice shrugs. "Who doesn't lean back in chairs sometimes?"
    With your balance issues everyone.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

With your balance issues everyone.
    "Hey, if I let my clumsiness stop me from doing things, I'd never be doing much of anything," Alice responded.

10. - Top - End - #280

Episode 9 Scene 6

It's later that night, when Ophelia comes down from her room, significantly calmer.

I'm sorry Alice, I'm just stressed about my finals, and I took it out on you, I shouldn't have and I'm sorry. Maybe we should all close the books, and focus on something else. She offers.

What are you going to suggest

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =What's better then moping and yelling, DDR! +3 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =Let's get back to the books so Ophelia is better prepared. +3 VP with Ophelia

Conflict =Yell at Ophelia for wasting time. +3 VP with Ophelia

Luck =Surprise me. +3 VP with Ophelia.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

"Ophelia, if you always let something distract you from studying, you'll never develop the discipline to push through those obstacles," Athena chides. "That said, let's switch subjects at least. Dwelling on one topic too long creates mental fatigue."
    Spoiler
    Show

Foresight (Odd)

Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Samantha nods. "Athena's got the right idea: work hard now, play hard once we're done. Let's order some pizza to renew energy and get back into the swing of things, okay?" she asks with a smile, pulling out her phone to find a good delivery place.

Show
    Skill. Strong 1, Honor Student 2, total +3. Just As Planned on Athena

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Alice, as always having extra clothes with her, had thrown on a new top to replace he torn cheerleader outfit one - though true to her usual attitude about what she wore when she wasn't shackled by the school's dress code, it was just a fishnet top that essentially left no more to the imagination than she did when in just her bra. "Wow, you two are not getting the message there, huh?" Alice had to remark at Athena and Sam's reactions to Ophelia's suggestion. "She's saying we need to unwind for a few! No way it can be good to just keep going at this without a break for so long, right Ophelia?" she said, slipping her arm around the other girl's shoulders - and subtly rubbing the shoulder her hand came to rest on. "Come on, let's pull out one of those games Emma brought and play a round. There'll still be time to study after."

Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2 = +3 total.

Damn my inability to come up with an excuse to apply Peeping Tom to a luck roll in this situation...

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Yeah, let's focus on something more fun," Emma said, "Or productive. Fun-ductive? Point is, if we're happy we'll study better!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Shining Trapezehedron (+2?), +3 total

15. - Top - End - #285

"Ophelia, if you always let something distract you from studying, you'll never develop the discipline to push through those obstacles," Athena chides. "That said, let's switch subjects at least. Dwelling on one topic too long creates mental fatigue."
    Spoiler
    Show

Foresight (Odd)
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Samantha nods. "Athena's got the right idea: work hard now, play hard once we're done. Let's order some pizza to renew energy and get back into the swing of things, okay?" she asks with a smile, pulling out her phone to find a good delivery place.

Show
    Skill. Strong 1, Honor Student 2, total +3. Just As Planned on Athena
    Okay, yeah. You two are right. What toppings do we want on? She asks the group.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

"Pineapple, obviously."

Show

17. - Top - End - #287

Pineapple and? Or is anyone super opposed to Pineapple?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

”I assume other people want other toppings, but some sort of meat would have to go with it. Whether someone prefers pepperoni, Canadian bacon, sausage, or something else doesn’t matter to me.”

Show

19. - Top - End - #289

Episode 9 scene 7

And with refulled energies. You go back to your studying. How are you going to assure that Ophelia will do well in school.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d7. Be charming and help Ophelia cateogrize this info. +2 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =d5. Study study, study. +1 VP with Ophelia

Conflict =d5. Oh Ophelia's parents are making her do chores. Help her with them so she can study. +1 VP with Ophelia

Luck =d5. You have a talent for an area of study. +1 VP with Ophelia.

Ophelia starts with a D. Every success boosts her grade by one.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

What do you think Athena would do? Study.
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Alice decided that if she was stuck studying, she would at least spend as much of it as possible hanging off Ophelia, hoping the other girl would have some attention to spare for her rather than just the books. After all, the other girl had definitely reacted to her in outfits like this in the past, withe the short skirt and fishnet top, so how she couldn't just ignore her the whole time if she were so close, right?

Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2 = =3 total.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-08-04 at 09:24 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Sam helps smoothly switch the subject every time Ophelia starts burning out on a particular classn and does her part to keep the group as a whole focused.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Skill. Strong 1, honor student 2, total +3.

Many thanks!

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Let's get a-studying!" Emma chirps, cracking open one of the textbooks, "Not sure what to go with first, so I say let's pick this one 'cause it's got a cool cover..."

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck (+1), +1 total

24. - Top - End - #294

Alice decided that if she was stuck studying, she would at least spend as much of it as possible hanging off Ophelia, hoping the other girl would have some attention to spare for her rather than just the books. After all, the other girl had definitely reacted to her in outfits like this in the past, withe the short skirt and fishnet top, so how she couldn't just ignore her the whole time if she were so close, right?

Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2 = =3 total.
    Ophelia does for her part set down, seeming to use Alice's charm and appeal as a method to relax and rejuvenate.

I... I think I'm starting to get this guys!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Ophelia does for her part set down, seeming to use Alice's charm and appeal as a method to relax and rejuvenate.

I... I think I'm starting to get this guys!
    "That's great," Alice responds, giving Ophelia's arm, which she was still hanging off of, an affectionate squeeze. She'd notice Ophelia looking at her as she studied, and was quite pleased about it.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

Athena smiles slightly as the other girl begins to get it, but focuses on her own work, beginning early college entry applications.

Show

27. - Top - End - #297

"That's great," Alice responds, giving Ophelia's arm, which she was still hanging off of, an affectionate squeeze. She'd notice Ophelia looking at her as she studied, and was quite pleased about it.
    Ophelia blushes at the close contact and cuddly feelyness of Alice.

Athena smiles slightly as the other girl begins to get it, but focuses on her own work, beginning early college entry applications.
    Athena, what are you doing? Ophelia asks.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

”College applications. I should have been skipped ahead grades already, and there’s hardly anything particularly new to learn in the rest of high school, so why waste my time? In a better system I would simply have been enrolled in an accelerated program, rather than shackled to the pace that the average student learns, but this is the next best option.”

Show

29. - Top - End - #299

”College applications. I should have been skipped ahead grades already, and there’s hardly anything particularly new to learn in the rest of high school, so why waste my time? In a better system I would simply have been enrolled in an accelerated program, rather than shackled to the pace that the average student learns, but this is the next best option.”
    I always heard that it was unhealthy to the kids that it happened to. Ophelia lets out.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

"No less healthy than feeling stifled. I'm bored here. My mind wanders during instruction, I relate to almost nobody at this school, and I am still mocked by peers for my eagerness to learn. I loathe the term 'gifted,' but clearly I comprehend things that we are taught with far greater ease than other students, and yet am expected to wait at the metaphorical finish line as other students are still rounding the first curve when I could be making a whole other lap instead. I would prefer to just receive instruction with other students who learn at the same pace as me, but alas we are in neither the right location for that, nor does our education system as it stands make such instruction easily accessible without wealth, and often dresses it up as some high society privilege because of the former.

"So instead I'm seeking to enter college early. Perhaps MIT or CalTec will actually leave me feeling challenged for a change. I'm still young and mentally pliable, why waste that limited time bored and angry?"

Show