The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "Well duh, but mine isn't half-bad either," Emma said with a chuckle, "My name's Emma, by the way. What's yours?"
    "Ben... Um.... Can you sing?" He asks shyly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Um. uh... I mean.... wow... Ophelia blushed.

Meep! She let out as Alice got all touchy feely, with both girls wearing not very much.

You can see Ophelia go as red as a beet.
    Alice giggled happily at that. "I think we can take that as a 'yes,' Tachi," she remarked with a wink at the Incubus.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

3. - Top - End - #33

Ophelia blushes shyly at Alice's comment. Should we um, get in?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

”Probably,” Athena says, before diving in swimmer style.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Ben... Um.... Can you sing?" He asks shyly.
    "Sure, I can do that for you," Emma says, before belting out a rendition of 'Under the Sea'. As she hits the first chorus, she pushes herself just far enough from the edge to 'dance' in the water near Ben, doing her best to put on an entertaining show for the boy as she swims and leaps in time with the music.

When she's done, she swims back up to him and gives him a grin, "How was that?"

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”Probably,” Athena says, before diving in swimmer style.
    Ophelia jumps in, telekinetically pulling the water to meet her half way.

"Sure, I can do that for you," Emma says, before belting out a rendition of 'Under the Sea'. As she hits the first chorus, she pushes herself just far enough from the edge to 'dance' in the water near Ben, doing her best to put on an entertaining show for the boy as she swims and leaps in time with the music.

When she's done, she swims back up to him and gives him a grin, "How was that?"
    The dad is clearly not too too happy.

But you made the little boy's day! "That was... awesome!" He said with the biggest grin on his face.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The dad is clearly not too too happy.

But you made the little boy's day! "That was... awesome!" He said with the biggest grin on his face.
    "Thanks!" Emma says with a grin, not seeming to notice or care about the father's reaction, "I'm glad you liked it."

Hearing her friends beginning to leap into the water, she perks up, "Oh, sounds like my friends are finally getting off their lazy butts and into the water. I should probably join them, since it was my idea to come here and all. It was real nice to meet you, Ben!"

And with that, she pushes herself away from the edge of the pool and swims over to Athena and Ophelia, "See, doesn't this feel great?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

"Very. Would be nicer if we could breathe in it like you," Athena says, adjusting to float on her back. Looking over to Ophelia, "Manipulating water? Is that your element?"

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure! Tachi and Emma shouldn't be the only ones getting wet at the pool," Alice said with a wink.

Ophelia jumps in, telekinetically pulling the water to meet her half way.
    Alice tilts her head at that, not sure why the sorceress did that, but shrugs and jumps in after her, cannonball style.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

"We each decide our own sense of right and wrong. The rest, I leave to my sword." - Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia

10. - Top - End - #40

"Thanks!" Emma says with a grin, not seeming to notice or care about the father's reaction, "I'm glad you liked it."

Hearing her friends beginning to leap into the water, she perks up, "Oh, sounds like my friends are finally getting off their lazy butts and into the water. I should probably join them, since it was my idea to come here and all. It was real nice to meet you, Ben!"

And with that, she pushes herself away from the edge of the pool and swims over to Athena and Ophelia, "See, doesn't this feel great?"
    "It was nice to meet you too." Ben waves happily.

"Very. Would be nicer if we could breathe in it like you," Athena says, adjusting to float on her back. Looking over to Ophelia, "Manipulating water? Is that your element?"
    I don't think so.... I would be far more graceful in manipulating it if I was... She says pridefully.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Well, a water breathing charm is pretty simple for me to cast," Emma says, then frowns as she adds, "Only thing is, it might do more harm than good here. You might get real sick from breathing in the chlorine and stuff."

I don't think so.... I would be far more graceful in manipulating it if I was... She says pridefully.
    "Hey, you had pretty good technique for a beginner," Emma says with a pat on the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    "Sure! Tachi and Emma shouldn't be the only ones getting wet at the pool," Alice said with a wink.

Alice tilts her head at that, not sure why the sorceress did that, but shrugs and jumps in after her, cannonball style.
    Like a puppy with ADD, Emma jerks her head towards the source of the splash. Seeing that it's Alice, she excitedly dives under the water and meets her friend near the bottom of the pool. She swims circles around the girl a couple of times before grabbing her hand and pulling her to the others.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-10-22 at 06:33 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

”Right, right. So it-“ and she’s gone. Athena resumes her quiet float on the water. She had heard the term oneitis before, and was beginning to suspect that she was getting that toward Ophelia, and that the girl did not reciprocate things. Which... hurt, but that was her choice. Emma was sweet, but things probably wouldn’t work out. Olive was a bit too big sisterly to ask out... Give it time, ask later when you’re not in this mood.

Show

13. - Top - End - #43

"Well, a water breathing charm is pretty simple for me to cast," Emma says, then frowns as she adds, "Only thing is, it might do more harm than good here. You might get real sick from breathing in the chlorine and stuff."

"Hey, you had pretty good technique for a beginner," Emma says with a pat on the shoulder.

Like a puppy with ADD, Emma jerks her head towards the source of the splash. Seeing that it's Alice, she excitedly dives under the water and meets her friend near the bottom of the pool. She swims circles around the girl a couple of times before grabbing her hand and pulling her to the others.
    Couldn't you like keep chlorine out. Ophelia let out.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Um. uh... I mean.... wow... Ophelia blushed.
    The incubus chuckles before getting drenched by the mermaid. He turns slightly so everyone can see and admire his physique.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice giggled happily at that. "I think we can take that as a 'yes,' Tachi," she remarked with a wink at the Incubus.
    The incubus chuckles again. "I do believe you are correct Alice dear."

He winces slightly as Emma starts singing before he realizes she's singing in English. His head bops along and Alice and Ophelia can see his lips moving in time with the chorus.

He doesn't dive into the pool so much as he slides in before paddling over to the girls.

"So did we want to try and play catch the mermaid or something else?"
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-10-23 at 01:32 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    The incubus chuckles before getting drenched by the mermaid. He turns slightly so everyone can see and admire his physique.

The incubus chuckles again. "I do believe you are correct Alice dear."

He winces slightly as Emma starts singing before he realizes she's singing in English. His head bops along and Alice and Ophelia can see his lips moving in time with the chorus.

He doesn't dive into the pool so much as he slides in before paddling over to the girls.

Catch the mermaid sounds like a challenge. Ophelia grins.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Couldn't you like keep chlorine out. Ophelia let out.
    Back almost as fast as she left, Emma answers, "There's probably a spell for that, but it's more complex and I'm not familiar enough with the differences between my anatomy and yours to pull it off. Best I could do is purify the water, which would get the people running this place mad."

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Catch the mermaid sounds like a challenge. Ophelia grins.
    "You do realize you're not going to win that game, right?" Emma says in a matter-of-fact tone.

17. - Top - End - #47

Back almost as fast as she left, Emma answers, "There's probably a spell for that, but it's more complex and I'm not familiar enough with the differences between my anatomy and yours to pull it off. Best I could do is purify the water, which would get the people running this place mad."

"You do realize you're not going to win that game, right?" Emma says in a matter-of-fact tone.
    That sounds like a challenge.... Ophelia goes. Five... four.... She starts.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

”Teamwork could fix that,” Athena says, shaking off her self pity for a moment to join in the game.

Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

”Teamwork could fix that,” Athena says, shaking off her self pity for a moment to join in the game.
    "You're still at a massive disadvantage," Emma points out, "Poor physical form for swimming, no water-breathing..."

When Ophelia starts counting, Emma stops talking and dives under the water, swimming to the other side of the pool while sticking near the bottom.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi smirks at the mermaid. "I think that you'll find that a determined sorceress can do almost anything."
    Tachi smirks again as Ophelia starts the count down
    "You're still at a massive disadvantage," Emma points out, "Poor physical form for swimming, no water-breathing..."

When Ophelia starts counting, Emma stops talking and dives under the water, swimming to the other side of the pool while sticking near the bottom.
    Tachi smiles as Emma dives. "Kah Tah Nee-Sah." he intones. One thing everyone forgot about was since water was chaotic, it amplified his aura reading incantation. So he now had a pool wide sonar.

"She's going to surface over here."

Tachi strokes his way over to the side.

21. - Top - End - #51

Emma suddenly feels a water gout lift her up. Make a skill check DC 6 to not break the surface.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Athena moves above the mermaid as she appears to involuntarily rise.

Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma is suddenly rocketed up into the air, stuck above the surface by the betrayal of her own element.

"Hey, no fair!" Emma whines, "You never said you were going to use magic!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Emma is suddenly rocketed up into the air, stuck above the surface by the betrayal of her own element.

”Never said she wouldn’t!” Athena calls, trying to grab the mermaid by the tail.

Show

25. - Top - End - #55

Never made it part of the test. Ophelia lets out.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

”Never said she wouldn’t!” Athena calls, trying to grab the mermaid by the tail.
    "Alright, true..." Emma admitted, doing what little she could to keep her tail out of Athena's reach while trying desperately to push herself off the water spout and back into the pool, "But this is still a cheap move!"

Not having much success fighting the current, she starts using her own magic to try and warp the top of the spout into a protective bubble of water around her to keep prying hands away.
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-10-27 at 02:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

"Alright, true..." Emma admitted, doing what little she could to keep her tail out of Athena's reach while trying desperately to push herself off the water spout and back into the pool, "But this is still a cheap move!"

Not having much success fighting the current, she starts using her own magic to try and warp the top of the spout into a protective bubble of water around her to keep prying hands away.
    [Allure or skill check DC 6]

28. - Top - End - #58

Too bad Athena manages to grab your tail. The game is over.

Episode 8 Scene 4

Now that Ophelia's calmed down, how do you want to persuade her to spend the rest of the day.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Skill =d9 Fancy restaurant. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Allure =d7 Wrestling match! +2 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =d7 Sleepover. +2 VP with ophelia.

For every option presented, all player totals are added up, and highest wins.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

"Sooo, Ophelia, dunno about you, but swimming kinda makes me hungry. How about we go out to eat somewhere?" Alice asked with a smile, starting to lean in towards the other girl like she so often did. But before she could put her arm around the sorceress and suggest it just be the two of them for this meal, she wobbled and lost her balance - her feet were still wet from the pool.

This time though, she didn't fall into Ophelia, but sideways onto Tachi. And of course, once the dust settled, the Incubus had a face full of cleavage.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Weak Skill -1, Easily Forgiven auto-success.
    (Not sure how that will work when you're adding the totals, but eh, I think Alice is good whatever wins.)

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Athena gives a shrug. ”I have no idea. I still have not spent a whole lot of time doing spontaneous things like this.”
    Spoiler
    Show
    Allure (-1)

Show