New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

Emma was still pretty salty about losing ("I totally would've won if we were in the ocean..."), but the mention of food grabbed her attention, as like most seapeople her appetite was ravenous, especially after a burst of activity.

"I know a great seafood place that's right by the beach!" Emma offered, "It's a super fancy place too, with white tablecloths and wine glasses and everything! And the best part is that the owner and pretty much all the staff are my followers, so we can eat there for free! We can even have the whole place to ourselves if we want, though since it's not a special event I don't see the need to kick everyone out unless we're going in the special VIP room behind the false wall. That's supposed to be a secret, so non-followers can't be in the restaurant when we open it up."

"Usually, I mean," she quickly amended, "You guys are cool though, so that's something we can do if you're interested. It may look a little spooky, especially since it doesn't have any windows, but the walls are soundproof so it's really quiet. And since it's not technically part of the restaurant Giovanni will let us drink wine in there if I ask nicely."

Spoiler: Unopposed Roll
    Show
    Weak Skill (-1), Mandate of the Emerald Maiden (auto-win), modifier irrelevant.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi

Tachi reluctantly extracts himself from underneath Alice. She feels him brush a hand across her chest as he does. "Alternatively, we could get pizza and you all can come over to my place. Mother won't be home until morning and I would hate to be alone all night."

He looks miserable but you know what they say about demons.

Spoiler
    Show

Luck: Straight Roll; Temptation charge: +1, Speak of the Devil: +1; Total: +2
    +1 if Soldier of Sin activates
    Faustian Pact on Emma
    Destiny's Bond if failed
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-11-01 at 05:57 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"Ooh, that sounds lovely Alice! I even know this wonderful little bistro not too far from here where we can get a nice light meal and some lovely specialty hot drinks," Sam said, looking to Ophelia eagerly. "I've got a friend from school who works there, Penny. She knows all the best stuff on the menu, and will make sure things are made exactly the way we want."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Skill. Strong roll 1, School Queen 2; total +3.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-11-02 at 06:13 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #64
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Emma was still pretty salty about losing ("I totally would've won if we were in the ocean..."), but the mention of food grabbed her attention, as like most seapeople her appetite was ravenous, especially after a burst of activity.

"I know a great seafood place that's right by the beach!" Emma offered, "It's a super fancy place too, with white tablecloths and wine glasses and everything! And the best part is that the owner and pretty much all the staff are my followers, so we can eat there for free! We can even have the whole place to ourselves if we want, though since it's not a special event I don't see the need to kick everyone out unless we're going in the special VIP room behind the false wall. That's supposed to be a secret, so non-followers can't be in the restaurant when we open it up."

"Usually, I mean," she quickly amended, "You guys are cool though, so that's something we can do if you're interested. It may look a little spooky, especially since it doesn't have any windows, but the walls are soundproof so it's really quiet. And since it's not technically part of the restaurant Giovanni will let us drink wine in there if I ask nicely."

Spoiler: Unopposed Roll
    Show
    Weak Skill (-1), Mandate of the Emerald Maiden (auto-win), modifier irrelevant.
    That sounds awesome! Are you sure they won't mind! Ophelia comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    That sounds awesome! Are you sure they won't mind! Ophelia comments.
    "Of course not, I'm their goddess," Emma states plainly, "I can call ahead and make sure we have the place to ourselves by the time we get there if you want."

6. - Top - End - #66

"Of course not, I'm their goddess," Emma states plainly, "I can call ahead and make sure we have the place to ourselves by the time we get there if you want."
    [hmm, you know what, I don't know how Ophelia would respond. Tell me what you want, and roll a DC 4 luck check.]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

Alice, too, reluctantly got up after her fall, smirking a bit at Tachi as she felt him brush across her chest. And then Ophelia said she was going with Emma's restaurant. Not exactly what Alice had been thinking when she'd first made the suggestion, but it sounded a little late to get her to back out now. "Sounds good," she said, then smiled and winked at Tachi. "Although... why not do both? We can go over and keep Tachi company later, after we eat?" she suggested.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #68

We'll see how we feel after the meal. Ophelia replied with a nod.

9. - Top - End - #69

You know what, that sounds fun. I've always wanted to feel important. Ophelia remarks.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You know what, that sounds fun. I've always wanted to feel important. Ophelia remarks.
    "Okay, I'll make the call!" Emma says, pulling out her phone and dialing, "...Giovanni, it's the Emerald Maiden. Listen, I knw it's short notice, but can you do me a huge favor...?"

After a few minutes on the phone, Emma hangs up and puts it away, "Alright, he's getting the private room ready now. We should be good to go by the time we get there."

11. - Top - End - #71

"Okay, I'll make the call!" Emma says, pulling out her phone and dialing, "...Giovanni, it's the Emerald Maiden. Listen, I knw it's short notice, but can you do me a huge favor...?"

After a few minutes on the phone, Emma hangs up and puts it away, "Alright, he's getting the private room ready now. We should be good to go by the time we get there."
    Everyone ready to go? Ophelia lets out.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Sam smiles. "Sounds like we'll have a wonderful time, then."

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #73

Episode 8 Scene 5

That's where you get to the restaurant. That at dinner time, is completely vacant.

Ophelia's selfish greed eating into margin of the profits.

As you enter the building, you hear shrieks of sheer glee as Emma is wheeled in.

"Emerald Maiden!" Two voices call out in union. "It is so amazing to see you again!" Two exceptionally pretty girls rush out hugging Emma. The raven haired one immediately plops herself on Emma's lap, to Natalie, and the redhead's displeasure.

"So." The redhead starts turning over to Ophelia. "The Emerald Maiden has told us so many lovely things about you." She remarks kissing Ophelia's hand.

That touchy feely bitch.

What do you do?

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d7 CHARM OFF! +2 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =d5 Just get to the creepy room, and order your meals. +1 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict =d7 Shove the bitch off Ophelia. +2 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =d9 Have someone intercede. +3 VP with Ophelia

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Athena quietly takes her seat and begins looking over the menu.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1)
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Oh!" Emma squeaks as the raven haired girl hops onto her lap unannounced, before giving her a quick hug back, "Hello ladies! I'm happy to see you too! Guys, this is Rivera, and that over there is Sapphire. They're Ladies of Water, which makes them super special followers of mine. Girls, these are my friends from school. That's Athena, Alice, Tachi, Sam... oh, and Ophelia, but you already know about her from the looks of things."

Emma seems to be, as usual, completely oblivious as to how absolutely bizarre the two girls' behavior may look to others, smiling innocently as Natalie pushes her and the new passenger to the back room. The attendant actually has a look of embarrassment on her face, a rarity given her usual calm devotion, and tries to not remain composed as Rivera pulls herself closer into the mermaid goddess. She coughs slightly, then stammers, "Um, Ms. Rivera, ma'am... perhaps you should refrain from being this, er, intimate with the Emerald Maiden in front of guests."

Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Shining Trapezehedron (+2?), +1 or +3 total
    Last edited by The TechnoGnome; 2018-11-11 at 10:20 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Alice was a little disappointed to see the restaurant empty as the group walked in - she always liked the attention she tended to get in places like this in outfits like her current one, which was just the bikini she'd worn at the pool, a pair of denim shorts she'd thrown on after drying off, and sandals. But almost nobody but the group was around to notice. And judging by the two girls that greeted them, those who were around weren't going to notice.

In response to the redhead kissing Ophelia's hand she wrapped her arms around her friend's shoulders from behind protectively, sure that pushing up against her the way that posture required would get the girl's attention more than that silly gesture. "I'll bet she has. Ophelia's just the nicest girl around - and the whole magic thing's pretty cool, too," she said to the redhead.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Shameless +2, Touchy-Feely +1 = +3 total.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Sam does her best to order her food without making a scene, preferring to let Emma handle the potential problem of a handsy cultist.

Show
    Skill. Strong skill 1, total +1.

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Tachi

The incubus's eyes glitter dangerously. He hadn't gotten his way all day and now this hussy had the nerve to call attention to her pitiful self. Not on his watch.

He sidles up to Ophelia and drapes himself on her shoulder opposite Alice. "This is how you greet someone sweetie." He addresses the girl. "Hello darling" he huskily breathes before planting a kiss on the sorceress's cheek.

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll +1; Shameless: +2; Temptation: +2; Total: +5
    +1 If Soldier of Sin activates
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-11-20 at 07:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice was a little disappointed to see the restaurant empty as the group walked in - she always liked the attention she tended to get in places like this in outfits like her current one, which was just the bikini she'd worn at the pool, a pair of denim shorts she'd thrown on after drying off, and sandals. But almost nobody but the group was around to notice. And judging by the two girls that greeted them, those who were around weren't going to notice.

In response to the redhead kissing Ophelia's hand she wrapped her arms around her friend's shoulders from behind protectively, sure that pushing up against her the way that posture required would get the girl's attention more than that silly gesture. "I'll bet she has. Ophelia's just the nicest girl around - and the whole magic thing's pretty cool, too," she said to the redhead.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Shameless +2, Touchy-Feely +1 = +3 total.
    Ophelia reflexively shrugs off Alice's touchy feelyness, enraptured by the nymph blooded.

"Oh!" Emma squeaks as the raven haired girl hops onto her lap unannounced, before giving her a quick hug back, "Hello ladies! I'm happy to see you too! Guys, this is Rivera, and that over there is Sapphire. They're Ladies of Water, which makes them super special followers of mine. Girls, these are my friends from school. That's Athena, Alice, Tachi, Sam... oh, and Ophelia, but you already know about her from the looks of things."

Emma seems to be, as usual, completely oblivious as to how absolutely bizarre the two girls' behavior may look to others, smiling innocently as Natalie pushes her and the new passenger to the back room. The attendant actually has a look of embarrassment on her face, a rarity given her usual calm devotion, and tries to not remain composed as Rivera pulls herself closer into the mermaid goddess. She coughs slightly, then stammers, "Um, Ms. Rivera, ma'am... perhaps you should refrain from being this, er, intimate with the Emerald Maiden in front of guests."

Show
    Strong Luck (+1), Shining Trapezehedron (+2?), +1 or +3 total
    "What, why?" Ms.Rivera remarks her head tilting confused. "Are we not supposed to proudly proclaim our devotion to the Emerald Maiden?"

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Sam does her best to order her food without making a scene, preferring to let Emma handle the potential problem of a handsy cultist.

Show
    Skill. Strong skill 1, total +1.
    Yeah, that's not what her eyes were saying. Sam's eyes were currently wanting some of that nymph blood.

What does Sam do?

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Tachi

The incubus's eyes glitter dangerously. He hadn't gotten his way all day and now this hussy had the nerve to call attention to her pitiful self. Not on his watch.

He sidles up to Ophelia and drapes himself on her shoulder opposite Alice. "This is how you greet someone sweetie." He addresses the girl. "Hello darling" he huskily breathes before planting a kiss on the sorceress's cheek.

Spoiler
    Show

Allure: Strong Roll +1; Shameless: +2; Temptation: +2; Total: +5
    +1 If Soldier of Sin activates
    You hear Ophelia swoon in her arms, as the redhead chuckles. "You'll have to show me that, sometime." She remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Athena quietly takes her seat and begins looking over the menu.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1)
    Athena manages to ignore the chaos and finds a clam medley that is simply divine from the sounds of it. But now you got to get attention from the servers. The nymph bloodied.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Natalie sighs, "Nevermind. Just... nevermind."

"Oh Natalie, stop overreacting," Emma teases before addressing the girl in her lap, "So, what's the specials for today? Anything extra fresh?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Athena closes her menu and places it at the end of the table, one of the practically universal signs at a restaraunt that one is done looking at the menu and has decided on an order. That said, it’s also unlikely that the others have even looked... The girl sighs, loudly as she notices the demon boy kiss Ophelia.

As Emma asks about the specials, Athena tries to pay more attention, both toward someone that she didn’t loath or resent, and at the prospect of different food options.

Show

22. - Top - End - #82

Natalie sighs, "Nevermind. Just... nevermind."

"Oh Natalie, stop overreacting," Emma teases before addressing the girl in her lap, "So, what's the specials for today? Anything extra fresh?"
    "Well, for the emerald Maiden and her very lucky friends, we have Red snapper with a lemon glaze, we have shark fin soup." Rivera starts still on Emma's lap.

"And for the incubus. Perhaps a swordfishkabobs." Rivera giggles.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Athena mumbles. "At least it wasn't oysters...

Though... isn't shark fin soup a bit of a barbaric dish, especially to be offering to someone like the Emerald Maiden?"

Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Well, for the emerald Maiden and her very lucky friends, we have Red snapper with a lemon glaze, we have shark fin soup." Rivera starts still on Emma's lap.

"Ooh, I'll take all three!" Emma says with a smile.

Though... isn't shark fin soup a bit of a barbaric dish, especially to be offering to someone like the Emerald Maiden?"
    "Well, they use the meat here too," Emma says, "So it's not like they're doing that thing where they cut off the fins and waste the rest of the shark, right?"

25. - Top - End - #85

"Not really? I mean pet stores in the area stopped selling to us awhile back. Apparently the fact that we keep buying rabbits is suspicious." Riveria remarks.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

"Not really? I mean pet stores in the area stopped selling to us awhile back. Apparently the fact that we keep buying rabbits is suspicious." Riveria remarks.
    ”Yes really. The demand for it has driven down the population of a slow breeding group of fish, and has many of them threatened.

And if you’re not providing a good home to those rabbits, they should stop selling to you.”

Show

27. - Top - End - #87

”Yes really. The demand for it has driven down the population of a slow breeding group of fish, and has many of them threatened.

And if you’re not providing a good home to those rabbits, they should stop selling to you.”
    "Someone should start farming them then." Riveria lets out cluelessly.

"And the rabbits are for the emerald maiden, they should be glad to be able to serve her."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Oh, I... I didn't know that," Emma said with a frown, saddened by the revelation, "I guess I won't have the soup then. If it's really that bad."

"Someone should start farming them then." Riveria lets out cluelessly.

"And the rabbits are for the emerald maiden, they should be glad to be able to serve her."
    "Enlightenment cannot be forced, Rivera," Emma told her, "If the don't want to serve, that is their choice. In the meantime, just go back to goats. They're more filling anyway."

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

You hear Ophelia swoon in her arms, as the redhead chuckles. "You'll have to show me that, sometime." She remarks.
    Tachi chuckles richly. "Now, now. I can't very well reveal all of my secrets."

Tachi waits for Ophelia and the rest to be seated. He might be lust incarnate, but that didn't mean he had to be rude. "Why does everyone go with that old sterotype? But yes actually that sounds delicious, lightly grilled, lemon only. And a sashimi platter if you please."

30. - Top - End - #90

Episode 8 Scene 6

With the meal finished, and you all being waited on by two attractive ladies all night long, it's time for the desert portion of the meal.

And I'm not talking about the ladies either.

How are you going to steal all the attention for yourself?

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =Being your charming flirtatious self. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =Craft a cunning, awesome story. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict =Argument! +3 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =Oh hey, someone left something important in the main part of the restaurant. +3 VP with Ophelia.