New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

Alice smirked at Ophelia's reaction to her little accident, happy as always when things worked out like this. She got up after Ophelia, and whispered in the other girl's ear, "You're welcome to do that again any time you want."

With Ophelia telling Athena she'd slept fine, Alice tilted her head in confusion. "That's weird. Why would you be sleepy then? Did you take some kind of medicine this morning maybe? Sometimes if you take the wrong ones those can make you sleepy."
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice smirked at Ophelia's reaction to her little accident, happy as always when things worked out like this. She got up after Ophelia, and whispered in the other girl's ear, "You're welcome to do that again any time you want."

With Ophelia telling Athena she'd slept fine, Alice tilted her head in confusion. "That's weird. Why would you be sleepy then? Did you take some kind of medicine this morning maybe? Sometimes if you take the wrong ones those can make you sleepy."
    I mean I just couldn't stay asleep. Ophelia lets out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    No, and not that I remember, respectively. Ophelia replies.
    ”Hm... curious. Disjointed sleep is sometimes a sign of stress. Could it possibly also be due to recovering memories?””
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”Hm... curious. Disjointed sleep is sometimes a sign of stress. Could it possibly also be due to recovering memories?””
    Maybe, but one would think I'd have had trouble sleeping all year.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe, but one would think I'd have had trouble sleeping all year.
    ”Not at first. You’ve recovered a lot more memories since then. Perhaps you’ve remembered enough for your mind to begin recalling everything else.”

Show

6. - Top - End - #126

”Not at first. You’ve recovered a lot more memories since then. Perhaps you’ve remembered enough for your mind to begin recalling everything else.”
    So it's like a dam burst? Ophelia remarks.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

So it's like a dam burst? Ophelia remarks.
    ”It’s a possibility. I’m not particularly well versed in brain injuries and their consequences, or how the brain recovers from them. On the latter, nobody really is.”

Show

8. - Top - End - #128

”It’s a possibility. I’m not particularly well versed in brain injuries and their consequences, or how the brain recovers from them. On the latter, nobody really is.”
    Not alot of them, I'm guessing? Ophelia grins.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I just couldn't stay asleep. Ophelia lets out.
    "Oh," Alice said with a frown, and let Athena babble on about what it might be. "Well, anyway... I mean, we don't have school today. Do you need to just go back home and take a nap or something? I'm sure we can do some stuff without you for a little while if you're too tired."

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #130

"Oh," Alice said with a frown, and let Athena babble on about what it might be. "Well, anyway... I mean, we don't have school today. Do you need to just go back home and take a nap or something? I'm sure we can do some stuff without you for a little while if you're too tired."
    I mean that sounds boring.Ophelia remarks.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

I mean that sounds boring.Ophelia remarks.
    Alice gave Ophelia a confused look. "I mean, you'd be asleep, and we'd find something to do until you woke up again, so... not really?"

12. - Top - End - #132

Alice gave Ophelia a confused look. "I mean, you'd be asleep, and we'd find something to do until you woke up again, so... not really?"
    I.. I mean are you sure? Ophelia remarks.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

I.. I mean are you sure? Ophelia remarks.
    "Yeah?" Alice said, still confused why Ophelia was so hesitant about the idea. "I mean, it really just depends on if you think you're tired enough that you'd need it. It'd be silly for you to be walking around half asleep all day, right?"
    Last edited by Zevox; 2019-01-26 at 10:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134

"Yeah?" Alice said, still confused why Ophelia was so hesitant about the idea. "I mean, it really just depends on if you think you're tired enough that you'd need it. It'd be silly for you to be walking around half asleep all day, right?"
    You mean like school. Ophelia teased.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

You mean like school. Ophelia teased.
    Alie snickered a bit at that. "Well, bored and tired aren't quite the same thing. Close, but not quite," she said.

"Really though, you seemed really out of it... you sure you don't need a nap?"

16. - Top - End - #136

Alie snickered a bit at that. "Well, bored and tired aren't quite the same thing. Close, but not quite," she said.

"Really though, you seemed really out of it... you sure you don't need a nap?"
    I probably do. Ophelia remarks.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

I probably do. Ophelia remarks.
    "Then go ahead and go take one," Alice says, smiling. "We can meet back up in an hour or two, or however long you need - just text us when and where."

18. - Top - End - #138

Episode 8 Scene 8

So Opehlia goes back home to sleep.

How are you planning to entertain yourselves for a couple of hours.

Spoiler: Opposed
    Show

Allure =Convince the others to go see a movie. +3 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =Study party! +3 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict =Oh... someone's getting mugged. Do something about it! +3 VP with Ophelia.

Luck =Panty raid? +3 VP with Ophelia.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Athena simply focuses on her studies like a good student. That’s what everyone would be doing, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)

Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

Alice, meanwhile, was doing anything but study. She'd started wandering toward's one of her other friends' place, when she spotted Darla, Tachi's succubus friend, heading into a public swimming pool. Seeing an opportunity she did not want to pass up, Alice followed her in, and snuck around the locker room where she was changing, taking up a position at one end of a row of lockers from which she could watch the succubus change unnoticed.

And for once, it seemed like it might just work out. It was early enough that nobody else was around, and she was able to stay pretty quiet and still - until Darla got to the point of removing her bra. At that point, Alice couldn't resist leaning out of her hiding spot a bit more to get a better look, and of course her balance issues took over from there. She tumbled out into the open loudly, and it was all she could do to wave and smile awkwardly at Darla, not sure how the succubus would react.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck +1, Peeping Tom +2, Accident-Prone +2, Thaw Out +2 = +7 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 1/3.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Emma was trying to study as well. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't the best at it without Athena helping her out. It didn't help that her sycophantic followers were more than happy to let her slack off and eat snacks instead of reading up on whatever it is she was supposed to be studying for... whatever it is her next test was on. Maybe there was something interesting hidden in one of her books?

Spoiler: Opposed Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck roll, Shining, +1/+3 total.

Not beating a +7 anytime soon, so I guess I'll tank this one and hope for the best. Expending a charge of Shining if I have it to at least get a Reality Warper boost out of it.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Samamtha focuses on her own studies, particularly since it wpuld put her parents in less of a mind to transfer her to a more private school. She even gathered the study group together for a special session to work extra-hard!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    skill. Strong 1+School Queen 2+Honor Student 2. +5

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #143

Athena simply focuses on her studies like a good student. That’s what everyone would be doing, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill (+1), Honor Student (+2)
    [Where is Athena studying?]

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Samamtha focuses on her own studies, particularly since it wpuld put her parents in less of a mind to transfer her to a more private school. She even gathered the study group together for a special session to work extra-hard!

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    skill. Strong 1+School Queen 2+Honor Student 2. +5
    "Heya Sam." The tutor's bane Jane, prompts up. "Are you ready to study!?"

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    Emma was trying to study as well. Unfortunately for her, she wasn't the best at it without Athena helping her out. It didn't help that her sycophantic followers were more than happy to let her slack off and eat snacks instead of reading up on whatever it is she was supposed to be studying for... whatever it is her next test was on. Maybe there was something interesting hidden in one of her books?

Spoiler: Opposed Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck roll, Shining, +1/+3 total.

Not beating a +7 anytime soon, so I guess I'll tank this one and hope for the best. Expending a charge of Shining if I have it to at least get a Reality Warper boost out of it.
    There is nothing interesting in her books.

"Another fiskkabob, Emerald Maiden?" Natalie prompts.

Alice, meanwhile, was doing anything but study. She'd started wandering toward's one of her other friends' place, when she spotted Darla, Tachi's succubus friend, heading into a public swimming pool. Seeing an opportunity she did not want to pass up, Alice followed her in, and snuck around the locker room where she was changing, taking up a position at one end of a row of lockers from which she could watch the succubus change unnoticed.

And for once, it seemed like it might just work out. It was early enough that nobody else was around, and she was able to stay pretty quiet and still - until Darla got to the point of removing her bra. At that point, Alice couldn't resist leaning out of her hiding spot a bit more to get a better look, and of course her balance issues took over from there. She tumbled out into the open loudly, and it was all she could do to wave and smile awkwardly at Darla, not sure how the succubus would react.

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Strong Luck +1, Peeping Tom +2, Accident-Prone +2, Thaw Out +2 = +7 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 1/3.
    "See anything you like?" The succubus snarked extending a hand to help Alice to her feet.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Athena studies in the library, since it is a quiet place.

Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

"See anything you like?" The succubus snarked extending a hand to help Alice to her feet.
    Alice grinned and took Darla's hand. Dang, she needed to hang out with this girl more often! "Do you want a list? I could probably name like ten things without even needing to think," she said flirtatiously, her eyes rarely leaving the succubus' chest.

26. - Top - End - #146

Athena studies in the library, since it is a quiet place.
    "And what are you studying?" The librarian says brightly.

Alice grinned and took Darla's hand. Dang, she needed to hang out with this girl more often! "Do you want a list? I could probably name like ten things without even needing to think," she said flirtatiously, her eyes rarely leaving the succubus' chest.
    "Oh you are just adorable~" Darla coos hugging Alice tightly and squeezing her.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

”English. It’s the only topic I really struggle with. The reading is fine, it’s the symbolism and analysis that I struggle with.”

Show

28. - Top - End - #148

”English. It’s the only topic I really struggle with. The reading is fine, it’s the symbolism and analysis that I struggle with.”
    "We have a few books on symbolism if you want the help." The librarian offers.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

"We have a few books on symbolism if you want the help." The librarian offers.
    ”No, it’s not knowing what it is, it’s the recognition that’s a problem. It isn’t something that I can easily place in logic. I recognize things as what they are, not what the ‘mean.’ I understand the theory, but not the practice.” To demonstrate, she opens her copy of Story of a Murder Implied, to the first chapter. ”So for example, I was recommended to mark all instances of a repeated image in this book. We discussed the idea of caballehosidad, sort of the Spanish equivalent of chivalry, in class, and so I decided that it would first be wise to mark all instances of horses being mentioned. So in the first chapter, Santiago Nahir is described as a man who owns several swords in his home, and even from a young age was a talented rider. But... that’s it. The only other mention of horses at all is that in everyone’s story of how Nahir died, the brothers who killed him did so on horseback, both riding tandem on their family’s plow horse.

They’re just horses. They don’t mean anything, they’re a good way to get around quickly and their culture just had a history of ‘soldiers fought on horseback.’ They’re just there.”

Show

30. - Top - End - #150

”No, it’s not knowing what it is, it’s the recognition that’s a problem. It isn’t something that I can easily place in logic. I recognize things as what they are, not what the ‘mean.’ I understand the theory, but not the practice.” To demonstrate, she opens her copy of Story of a Murder Implied, to the first chapter. ”So for example, I was recommended to mark all instances of a repeated image in this book. We discussed the idea of caballehosidad, sort of the Spanish equivalent of chivalry, in class, and so I decided that it would first be wise to mark all instances of horses being mentioned. So in the first chapter, Santiago Nahir is described as a man who owns several swords in his home, and even from a young age was a talented rider. But... that’s it. The only other mention of horses at all is that in everyone’s story of how Nahir died, the brothers who killed him did so on horseback, both riding tandem on their family’s plow horse.

They’re just horses. They don’t mean anything, they’re a good way to get around quickly and their culture just had a history of ‘soldiers fought on horseback.’ They’re just there.”
    "I've never read the book, so perhaps some other form of chivalry importance, swords perhaps?"