New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Heart soul and memory 4 A farewell to love (IC)

”No, it’s weird, nobody can even agree on what sort of weapon they killed him with. Apparently his best friend said it was a hatchet, the brothers’ sister said that she heard it was a club, one of the priests even said it was a cricket bat. Everyone’s stories about the event conflict. They don’t even know whether there was a rain storm or whether it was a clear day. The story makes no sense.”
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "Oh you are just adorable~" Darla coos hugging Alice tightly and squeezing her.
    Alice happily let that happen, just enjoying the moment as much as she could as the succubus squeezed her to her bare bosom. When the other girl let go, she said with a wink, "Not exactly what I was going for, but I'll take it."

"So, you obviously still need to finish changing. Do you want me to leave for that? Or maybe I could stay?" she asked hopefully. And as an idea struck her, added, "And maybe return the favor after you're done? I mean, I know I don't leave a lot to the imagination in this outfit, but still..."
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”No, it’s weird, nobody can even agree on what sort of weapon they killed him with. Apparently his best friend said it was a hatchet, the brothers’ sister said that she heard it was a club, one of the priests even said it was a cricket bat. Everyone’s stories about the event conflict. They don’t even know whether there was a rain storm or whether it was a clear day. The story makes no sense.”
    "Maybe they're all supposed to be in on the murder, or something?" The librarian muses.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Alice happily let that happen, just enjoying the moment as much as she could as the succubus squeezed her to her bare bosom. When the other girl let go, she said with a wink, "Not exactly what I was going for, but I'll take it."

"So, you obviously still need to finish changing. Do you want me to leave for that? Or maybe I could stay?" she asked hopefully. And as an idea struck her, added, "And maybe return the favor after you're done? I mean, I know I don't leave a lot to the imagination in this outfit, but still..."
    "Sounds enticing." Darla teases with a wink. "Feel free to do more then look~" She trills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

”The entire town was in on the murder? That doesn’t make any sense.”

Show

5. - Top - End - #155

”The entire town was in on the murder? That doesn’t make any sense.”
    "I've never read it, maybe he made enemies?"

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

"I've never read it, maybe he made enemies?"
    ”Well the brothers killed him because they think he slept with their sister when she was unwed. It only came out during her wedding night with someone else that she had been with someone else before. So her brothers went and killed the guy who did it.

It’s a classic book, I’m surprised a librarian hasn’t read it,”
    Athena says skeptically.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’m parodying Chronical of a Death Foretold, in case it wasn’t clear.

Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds enticing." Darla teases with a wink. "Feel free to do more then look~" She trills.
    Alice all but purred appreciatively at that invitation. "Same to you," she says back sultrily.

[Fade to black.]
    [A short while later...]

Alice somewhat reluctantly slipped on her bikini top while giving Darla, who had similarly finally finished changing, her hundredth flirty look of the day. "Well, we definitely need to hang out more often," she said. It did not happen often enough that Alice found someone whose idea of a fun time was as close to hers as Darla's.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #158

”Well the brothers killed him because they think he slept with their sister when she was unwed. It only came out during her wedding night with someone else that she had been with someone else before. So her brothers went and killed the guy who did it.

It’s a classic book, I’m surprised a librarian hasn’t read it,”
    Athena says skeptically.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I’m parodying Chronical of a Death Foretold, in case it wasn’t clear.
    "Oh damn, that sounds brutal." She remarks,

Alice all but purred appreciatively at that invitation. "Same to you," she says back sultrily.

[Fade to black.]
    [A short while later...]

Alice somewhat reluctantly slipped on her bikini top while giving Darla, who had similarly finally finished changing, her hundredth flirty look of the day. "Well, we definitely need to hang out more often," she said. It did not happen often enough that Alice found someone whose idea of a fun time was as close to hers as Darla's.
    "Your place, or mine." Darla questions.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

"Your place, or mine." Darla questions.
    "Whichever's convenient at the time, I'm not picky," Alice answered with a smile. "We probably shouldn't plan on today though, I do have plans with Ophelia and the others today, just as soon as she's done with her nap. Plus swimming does sound nice."

10. - Top - End - #160

Episode 8 Scene 9

Ophelia is back and she's refreshed forever.

So uh. I kinda want to discover the depths of my powers. I know I can animate but not really why. Ophelia gestures to the litany of animated servants making you tea and cookies.

So do you have any ideas for how I could really test what I can do.

Spoiler: Unopposed
    Show

Allure =d7 Let's see if Ophelia can mimic the abilities of other supernaturals, and let's start with succubi. +2 VP with Ophelia.

Skill =d5 Devise some logical tests. +1 VP with Ophelia.

Conflict =d8 Time to be a superhero. +3 VP with Ophelia.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Alice, who had changed back into the skimpy outfit she'd been wearing earlier after finishing her time at the pool with Darla, leaned over to Ophelia and put one hand on her friend's shoulder. "Well..." she said, tapping her chin and looking up as if thinking, though she really already knew what she would suggest. "Why not try to do magic that you already know other people can do? Like... how some succubi can bewitch people with a kiss?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 2/3.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, obviously we would use standard weights to test lifting power. If you wanted to test heating and cooling, we could look at energy transferred in a set quantity of water, since we know its specific heat. We could also measure the amount of time as well to get your power output... What kinds of things would you like to test?" Athena says when the question is posed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill, Honor Student (+2)

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Yeah, try the succubus thing!" Emma said giddily, "Or some other being's magic. Just, uh, not mine. Cause we already know you can beat me in the water and stuff."

Which Emma was totally not still salty about. Nope, not one bit, no matter how white her knuckles got as she gripped the arms of her chair while recalling the incident. After all, she wouldn't have such a big smile if she was salty, right?

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Allure, Maiden's Garb (+2), +2 total.

14. - Top - End - #164

Alice, who had changed back into the skimpy outfit she'd been wearing earlier after finishing her time at the pool with Darla, leaned over to Ophelia and put one hand on her friend's shoulder. "Well..." she said, tapping her chin and looking up as if thinking, though she really already knew what she would suggest. "Why not try to do magic that you already know other people can do? Like... how some succubi can bewitch people with a kiss?"

Spoiler: OOC/Roll
    Show
    Allure, Touchy-Feely +1, Shameless +2, Thaw Out +2 = +5 total.
    Thaw Out on scene 2/3.
    Oh yeah, Succubi tend to be really good at.... oh... oh... um... where would we find um... a test subject. Ophelia lets out blushing slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by The TechnoGnome View Post
    "Yeah, try the succubus thing!" Emma said giddily, "Or some other being's magic. Just, uh, not mine. Cause we already know you can beat me in the water and stuff."

Which Emma was totally not still salty about. Nope, not one bit, no matter how white her knuckles got as she gripped the arms of her chair while recalling the incident. After all, she wouldn't have such a big smile if she was salty, right?

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Allure, Maiden's Garb (+2), +2 total.
    Any idea on who? Ophelia.

"Well, obviously we would use standard weights to test lifting power. If you wanted to test heating and cooling, we could look at energy transferred in a set quantity of water, since we know its specific heat. We could also measure the amount of time as well to get your power output... What kinds of things would you like to test?" Athena says when the question is posed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Skill, Honor Student (+2)
    Like you know general power sets. Like flying, or fire, you know dramatic stuff like that.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

”Oh, that? I thought you specialized in telekinetics and animation, based on your puppetry. Is that not accurate?”

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah, Succubi tend to be really good at.... oh... oh... um... where would we find um... a test subject. Ophelia lets out blushing slightly.
    "I volunteer!" Alice said, beaming.

17. - Top - End - #167

”Oh, that? I thought you specialized in telekinetics and animation, based on your puppetry. Is that not accurate?”
    I know it's not animation, and the fact that they have their own mind means I don't think it's telekinesis. Ophelia remarks.

We would need to think of something you normally wouldn't do. Ophelia chuckles.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm... So they think for themselves? Perhaps we could devise some tests for their own intelligence. We could also perform some basic personality tests. While something like Meyers-Briggs is large horoscopes for office workers, it still is useful for noticing trends in a population.

We would also have you take one. How does that sound?"

Show

19. - Top - End - #169

"Hm... So they think for themselves? Perhaps we could devise some tests for their own intelligence. We could also perform some basic personality tests. While something like Meyers-Briggs is large horoscopes for office workers, it still is useful for noticing trends in a population.

We would also have you take one. How does that sound?"
    Would an IQ test even work on them though? Ophelia asks.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Would an IQ test even work on them though? Ophelia asks.
    ”I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I’m gauging the variance in their population, not their actual intelligence.”

Show

21. - Top - End - #171

”I don’t see why it wouldn’t. I’m gauging the variance in their population, not their actual intelligence.”
    Hmm. Okay, that's fair. Ophelia thinks after a moment.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Well I was going to volunteer myself, but I agree that Alice should do it," Emma seconded, "After all, she's a regular human, so she makes a good control subject. ...Am I using that right?"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Titan in the Playground

We would need to think of something you normally wouldn't do. Ophelia chuckles.
    "You're right!" Alice exclaims in genuine surprise, having not thought about that. She crossed her arms, more genuinely thinking this time, though the gesture of course had the side-effect of pushing her chest up. "Well," she started after a moment, "You could try to get me to go study with Athena, but that would only work if it lasted long enough. And it would be kind of dull to do right now..."

"Maybe you could tell me not to flirt with anyone else for a while? I mean, we'd need to go around other people I'd normally want to flirt with to test it, but that's not that hard."

"Well I was going to volunteer myself, but I agree that Alice should do it," Emma seconded, "After all, she's a regular human, so she makes a good control subject. ...Am I using that right?"
    "I guess control is kind of what this does, so yeah, I think so," Alice answered.

24. - Top - End - #174

I don't think so... We'd need multiple humans where I charm some, and wouldn't charm Alice to see if it;s the magic doing it. Ophelia remarks.

"You're right!" Alice exclaims in genuine surprise, having not thought about that. She crossed her arms, more genuinely thinking this time, though the gesture of course had the side-effect of pushing her chest up. "Well," she started after a moment, "You could try to get me to go study with Athena, but that would only work if it lasted long enough. And it would be kind of dull to do right now..."

"Maybe you could tell me not to flirt with anyone else for a while? I mean, we'd need to go around other people I'd normally want to flirt with to test it, but that's not that hard."

"I guess control is kind of what this does, so yeah, I think so," Alice answered.
    Could always tell you to dress like Athena. Ophelia remarked grinning.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Athena is jarred from thought about conducting the tests. "I heard my name mentioned twice. What are you planning to do to me?"

Show

26. - Top - End - #176

Athena is jarred from thought about conducting the tests. "I heard my name mentioned twice. What are you planning to do to me?"
    Maybe, make Alice dress like you? Ophelia remarks.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe, make Alice dress like you? Ophelia remarks.
    ”What would that prove?”

Show

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Could always tell you to dress like Athena. Ophelia remarked grinning.
    "Oof," Alice cringed, only in slight exaggeration of her actual feelings. "Yeah, I guess that would be a decent test... but does she even bring spare clothes with her? Or would you want to go stop by her place or a store or something?"

29. - Top - End - #179

”What would that prove?”
    That I can compel people to follow orders.

"Oof," Alice cringed, only in slight exaggeration of her actual feelings. "Yeah, I guess that would be a decent test... but does she even bring spare clothes with her? Or would you want to go stop by her place or a store or something?"
    I mean, I think it'd have to be a store. You've got several inches, in a few places on Athena.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

”Seems needlessly complicated. Why not just order someone to go do something here?”

Show