New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Correct area to post help for a campaign??

Hi, I am new to GP and I need help on one of my D&D campaigns I am writing. Where should I post to get help for that at, and what are the steps to do that? Thank you!
    Last edited by kingacejj; 2018-10-01 at 07:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Correct area to post help for a campaign??

Quote Originally Posted by kingacejj View Post
    Hi, I am new to GP and I need help on one of my D&D campaigns I am writing. Where should I post to get help for that at, and what are the steps to do that? Thank you!
    If you want mechanical help ("How do I balance these encounters so the party doesn't die unexpectedly?"), post in the sub forum for the game system you are using (e.g. if you are making a 5th edition campaign post it in the "D&D 5e/Next" forum under the "Roleplaying Games" forum.) If you want story advice, post in the "Roleplaying Games" forum. If you are trying to make classes or monsters for your campaign, put that in the "Homebrew Design" forum.

Don't be too worried about putting things in the wrong place however; there is a fair bit of overlap between areas. If the thread ends up belonging somewhere else, the mods will move it and you will know for the future.

Edit: as for the steps involved, hit the "New Thread" button and write up what you want help with. Be specific and complete (e.g. "I am trying to run a game in D&D 3.5e. My players are playing a bard, a barbarian, a druid, and a hexblade. They want to have a grand rollicking adventure, but I am not sure where to start. Help!") There might be DM help threads already, so take a minute to check for them.
    Last edited by Rockphed; 2018-10-01 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Further to Rockphed's excellent advice, if you wanted verisimilitude advice (eg how did this weapon/armour work in reality? How far apart should I put my villages? etc), the Roleplaying Games main forum is a good place.

I would have suggested the Real World Weapons, Armour and Tactics thread, but that's still closed for review.

Edit: Thread is now back up: link.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-10-20 at 10:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Wow, so helpful with some useful tips. Many thanks, I shall follow your instructions.