New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

Howard Philip Memorial Library

"One minute." Erasmus turns back to the book and writes in it.
    It seems like the thing was looking for you. It's a natural enemy of the Fae, of some sort. It offered to lead us to the place your identity was taken.

Also, I think I might be able to create a partial, temporary identity to give you some ability to access the outside world until we get your full identity back. Does that sound like a good idea? I would definitely leave your memories of having your identity stolen intact, it would be little more than a name and a body, something to hold on to.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Howard Philip Memorial Library]

The psalm watches curiously, but doesn't interfere as Erasmus begins writing in the book.

As before, there's a brief pause before a reply begins writing back. Upon seeing the pages filling themselves, the psalm makes a delighted little gleeful noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Book
    An enemy of the fae... wait, like an empyrean? One of the tentacle monsters? I was dealing with fae to avoid those awful things. They're like universe cancer. Once they start spreading everyone is dead or worse. You-
    The writing suddenly stops when a fleck of that brownish black goop clinging to the psalm's 'petals' splats onto the page, redoubling the heady scent of frankincense, myrrh, and vanilla that hangs thick in the room. The gunk immediately begins spreading and reshaping itself, making it all too apparent in a hurry that this stuff is some kind of ink. It takes only seconds for the ink to arrange itself into a rather detailed little sketch of the psalm. The psalm makes a 'please wait' motion at Erasmus if he makes a move to wipe the ink away.

Oh gods! OHGODS its in here with me! I can't move get it away get it away!
    Then a second set of script begins writing itself above the head of the apparently animated image of the psalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Psalm
    Do not be afraid. I want to help you find your story again. I'm very small. I'm not dangerous. And my kind isn't cancer. Cancer is selfish growth without purpose. It's a single word copying itself until the story is drowned out. I love stories. I want to learn them and watch them grow. I want to watch your story grow. And I want the fae that tricked you to suffer for the wickedness it visited on you. Let me help? Please?
    Again, there's a pause.

Gods, this is a terrible idea. Alright. Alright, lead us to the elf. And give me a name to hang onto so I don't go insane in the mean time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psalm
    Psalm is a good name.
    That's what YOU are, you abomination. Don't touch me.
    Super funtime friends!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-04 at 10:02 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Howard Philip Memorial Library

Alright then
    Let's move out.
    Lux Veritate, remember that.
    That's your name now, don't forget it.
    Erasmus picks Lux up and looks at the hymn. "Let's go."

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #274

[HP Librarycraft ==> Black Goat Park]

The weird ink sketch of the psalm rearranges itself into a flowing block of script that looks... suspiciously like a psalm! Specifically to Logos, the Ideal Form that beasts cleave most closely to. She would probably even sing it if someone asked her to. Which... no one will probably request. Because she's awful and that song will probably eat your sanity or something. Speaking of!

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    Lux... right. Can you hear that awful chanting she's doing? I can't see her anymore but that gods damned song is the worst earworm I've ever heard. It's catchy. Just like ebola.
    Oh boy.

This is going to be oodles of fun.

The psalm retreats back inside her... pod. Egg. Whatever the heck it is. Now she looks like a giant phage again. Which is disturbing. But a slightly different sort of disturbing than her vaguely humanoid upper body. The heady perfume she was releasing into the air begins to gradually dissipate.

"Please follow me.""I can read between the lines.""I know the way.""We should hurry," the four mouths sing as the eldritch abomination begins skittering toward the front door of the library. The thought that it moves like an ambulatory end-table? That's even more obviously true now that Erasmus is following the thing. She chooses her footing carefully, so as to avoid slipping on the hard wood flooring again. Whenever possible she sticks to the rugs. Rugs are kind to hooves. Hard wood flooring is not.

Is there something vaguely endearing about awful monsters having difficulty navigating otherwise mundane obstacles? It's like daleks and stairs.

Once she's out of the library and onto the street she seems quite a bit more sure footed, prancing along and pausing now and again to allow Erasmus time to catch up. She'll lead everyone to the edge of Arkham Street where it boarders the somewhat infamous Black Goat Park. She'll head up the winding cobblestone path to the top of the grassy hill that serves as the (relatively) safe centerpiece of the park, featuring picnic tables and foreboding standing stones. Then she points with a hoof off into the forest.

"It's that way.""Through there.""Into the enchanted wood.""I can't follow you," she sings. "Too much faerie rot.""I can't tread there.""But I showed you the path!""That's a good start."

She walks right to the edge of the forest, trees thick with gossamer and bereft of leaves reaching for her. "Don't give them your name.""Don't accept their gifts.""Don't eat their food.""Don't thank them for anything," she warns the wizardly dragon. "I'm going back to the library.""There's plenty to read there.""Maybe once I'm bigger I can be more help.""Logos guard your story!" and with that said she goes skitter off back toward the library.

Welp!

Looks like Erasmus is on his own, now.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park
    Well, Lux.
    Our "guide" and us at the gate of some park and warned us about the Fae inside.
    I'm going to summon up some reinforcements, and then let's go get your memories back.
    Erasmus sits right outside the gate, pulling out white chalk to form a summoning circle, the recites an arcane chant in a forgotten draconic tongue. Swirling flames erupt within the circle, taking the fo of a pair of serpentine creatures, simply made from living ash and fire. Erasmus gives orders. "You will follow me and protect my life and the tomes I carry. You will not attack any creature or take any action other than to follow me or take a hit for me without my command. You will not, by negligence or willful action, allow your flames to spread to the forest without my command." The fire snakes can't disobey, such is the nature of the summoning spell, so when Erasmus calls them and they set out into the twisted park, they follow silently behind.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #276

[Black Goat Park]

Quote Originally Posted by Lux
    Um... good luck? I hope you don't die or get faerie blasted like I did.
    See, you can tell by the title that this place is totally a Red Zone.

The reason for it is pretty clear, honestly.

Like most of the persistent Red Zones scattered around Inside, they're either too dangerous to clear out (like Black Goat Park) or the Nexus conspires to keep stocking them with forlorn and destitute buildings (like the Slums).

Regardless! With a pair of fire snakes summoned, Erasmus steps into the enchanted woods. Almost immediately visibility drops as thorny brambles are suddenly just there. Brambles covered in little snow white flowers and spiky green leaves. The wind around the trees, around stones, around the edges of the path. But thankfully not onto the path. The path, little more than a ribbon of packed earth and gravel here, winds its way through the woods. It's narrow, no more than two arm-spans across, and every now and again Erasmus will have to change his route to avoid brambles that have attempted to venture onto the one safe route.

They're dead and desiccated.

Though the thorns are still sharp. Best watch your step.

The path behind him, leading back to the grassy hill dotted with strange monoliths, is nowhere to be seen. Just more naked trees heavy with spider webs. Just more thick mist. Just more grasping brambles.

Stupid enchanted forests.

They're always really annoying to navigate.

Ahead of him Erasmus will find a fork in the road. Which... is a problem, since his bloodhound isn't with him. A stack of stones stands at the Y in the path, a crimson strip of cloth caught between the rocks to make the marker a little more eye-catching. Strange mushrooms dot the forest floor at the fork, little white balls poking up through the earth and out of a fallen log. The brambles seem to be cautiously encroaching on the mushroom patch, those they've already grown over now slimy piles of rot. An inchworm with a face suspiciously similar to a cat's is currently climbing up the stem of a long flower. Several pixies and a grig appear to be having a heated debate over who is the rightful owner of the rock pile, the tiny fae shouting at each other in equally tiny voices.

There's probably a clue of some kind, here. Some way to figure out the correct path to take.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

Erasmus looks at the marker. Unsure of which way to go, he ponders for a time, then sees the mushrooms. The psalm was a mushroom, maybe that's a clue. He conjures a spectral hand and uses it to pick one of the fungi.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #278
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Docks]

"See you there."

Edict and Page are poofed away. Affy's little devices scuttle away.

And moments later, a were-yak bursts into the warehouse, brandishing his staff. A cluster of Intersection officers charge in with him, laser rifles at the ready...but unfortunately slightly too late this time.

Meanwhile...

[Cafe Davit]

It's a corny name, sure, but this seems to have become Affy's base of operations. As he said though, Edict and his freaky pink-mist-minion will find themselves just outside the door, currently being held open by a much more physical Affy-hologram.

"In you go. Quickly now." He taps his cane on the ground, a peculiar metallic sound resonating from it. "I assume you can keep your pet under control, Edict? I'll restrain it myself if I have to. But I won't be gentle."

[Docks]

Have fun clearing out all that Pink, Intersection. Stuff's like the necromantic equivalent of bed bugs.
    Such a huge pain in the butt to remove.

Doable, sure. Just really not fun.

[Cafe Davit]

A nudge from Edict sends the little monster at his side into the building, followed shortly by the shade himself.
    "As long as you don't have anyone particularly appetizing or ablaze, I think everything will be fine."

The bug-legged stalk holding up not-Ithuriel's head has been slowly growing through this, but nothing is spewing Pink all over Affidavit's devices at the moment.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

9. - Top - End - #279

[Black Goat Park]

And so, Erasmus has an idea.

The little fungal bulb is picked without any difficulty, and as soon as he does so the rest of them begin to blossom, their crimson, coral-like 'petals' slowly unfurling. They fill the air with the heady scent of incense, causing the nearby sprites to begin gagging and coughing. And then with a cry of rage, the tiny fae will move to attack the mushrooms!

Wuh oh!

Unless steopped they're going to rip those poor, innocent mushrooms apart!

And Erasmus' clue will be gone!

He should probably do something about that.

The pixies and grigs are no more than six inches tall, the former looking like tiny humanoids with insect wings and the latter a tauric cricket. The former are armed with bows and arrows and the latter draws a tiny fiddle from nowhere and brandishes it like a club!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

"Destroy the fae. Leave the mushrooms intact." Erasmus commands, and the two fire snakes slither forth, lashing out at the fae and trying to constrict them in flaming coils while avoiding the fungi.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #281

[Black Goat Woods]

Okay, yeah, that'll work.

The tiny fae are significantly stronger than they look, however. That's true in general about sprites. How else would something that's only a few inches tall manage to shove a grindstone to make flour?

The snakes strike! And the pixies launch their arrows! Said arrows will hit with the full force of a well trained longbowmen. And considering that they're small and agile pinning them down is going to be tough. The snakes might need to employ stratagems.

The grig gives a tiny bellow of, "Bangarang!" as he leaps at one of the serpents, heedless of the flames, and tries to clobber it with his fiddle. The instrument will strike with enough might to send then serpent careening across the path and into the brambles, should the now rather singed grig strike true.

Umm...

Maybe Erasmus should help, too?

He IS a dragon after all.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

Erasmus sees the fire snake go flying and inwardly curses. He begins fumbling about his equipment. There's got to be something made of iron in there somewhere. He pulls out a metal canteen, takes a sip, and brandishes it towards the fey. "Back off!" If any of them step closer, he'll try to strike them with the iron container.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #283

[Black Goat Park]

The grig does not back off.

In fact, it leaps at our hero, who swats it out of the air with him iron canteen!

Lucky for him he had that thing.

The grig gives a cry of pain as the glamour that holds it together comes unwound, sending bits of cobweb, splinters, and a few insect legs tumbling through the air. One of the pixies is on fire and the other is drawing another arrow to put into the remaining fire snake. That leaves it temporarily distracted!

Erasmus could totally whack that one, too.

Hmm...

It probably would have been a better idea to go into the enchanted wood equipped with more stuff fae don't like. Maybe he should summon some earth elementals with raw iron sticking out of them? That would probably work well.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

Erasmus, of course, does the intelligent thing and swipes at the pixie while he can. Good thing he had at least something made of iron on him. The injured fire snake slithers back to its... er... coils? It looks badly wounded.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #285

[Black Goat Park]

The pixie is successfully swatted! Like the other, its nothing more than some thistle fluff, insect wings, maple seeds, and a tiny titter of laughter. The wings and seeds helicopter to the ground, totally inert.

Well!

It would appear that our hero has successfully burned and bludgeoned some fae to death!

It takes another minute or two for the mushrooms to bloom, their weird flower-like fruiting bodies all leaning in the direction of the left-hand path. It looks like Erasmus' guess that they were a clue has proven to bear fruit!

Also?

There's a loud growl from the briars.

Sounds suspiciously like a bear.

Maybe it's time to go? Dream bears are serious business.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

"Let's go." Erasmus sets off down the left path. The fire snakes slither behind.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-11-05 at 02:17 PM.

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #287

[Black Goat Park]

Going is a pretty great plan, as dream bears are horrible.

Regardless!

On down the path Erasmus goes! Before long he'll find himself at a quaint little gate set into the hedge, with a tidy little garden beyond it. The sort with stone patios and columns and manicured bushes. Set in the midst of the patio is a table with a rather appetizing looking spread laid atop it.

Seated at the head of the table is a tall, stately looking man. Conventionally attractive if you're a human and not a magical lizard, probably. There's an underlying air of smug malice to him, the sort typically held by those who look down their noses at people they consider below their station. Filling the rest of the chairs, save for the one at the foot of the table, are books.

Lots of books.

All sorts of books.

"Welcome!" calls the elf. "Welcome, please, take a seat my friend. Sit down and eat! Make yourself at home. We have much to discuss, I'm sure."

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

"Yes we do." Erasmus warily enters the gate, followed by the two fire snakes. He doesn't take any food, and humanoid seats are not designed for him, so he alights on the table at the end near the open seat.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #289

[Black Goat Park]

Erasmus lands on a table!

That's kind of weird, but... well.

He is a dragon, after all.

The elf snaps his fingers, and suddenly the chair at the foot of the table is an ornate reclining couch, perfectly fashioned for a dragon to use.

"I believe introductions are in order first," the elf says, smiling congenially. "I am, of course, Baron Antoine of the Black Woods. All of this lovely domain is mine. I plan on doing some redecorating once all the riff-raff has been removed. They're stubborn things, you know. Like trying to get rid of lice. Ah, but here I am prattling on. Please, good dragon, may I have your name?" the elfs, wearing the most innocent and innocuous of expressions.

He seems like a totally trustworthy guy.

Erasmus can tell him his name, right?

There's a dull thump as one of the books topples off its chair and onto the stone floor.

No need to pay attention to that. Probably isn't important.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

Erasmus moves down to the couch, grateful for a functional seat. When asked for his name, he almost laughs. The attempt was too obvious and clumsy. "I am Depennam, lord of the great library at Sirondal." He pauses, taking out Lux's book and setting it on the table. "I have recently come into possession of this most curious book, but I can't help but notice that most of it is missing. I believe you were the last one to have it in your possession?"

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #291
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Naku doesn't really react to the jibes.
    Be it that she's super well composed and not letting it bother her, or she's just entirely in the dark as to what he means.
    (it's the latter)
    "We bumped into each other quite by chance, and have not made any plans for after this dinner." Naku says, not impolitely, but kind of matter of factly. "Your food has been quite good. My compliments," but not thanks, "to your chef."

Smiling and nodding. The best defense. Though Naku doesn't have much to reply to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Naku and Ithuriel

Well I do hope you make plans. It would warm my heart to have brought such a pair together through my little ball. He says with apparent sincerity. Our ball may be ending but the night is still young, after all. He gives the pair a wry smile. Still, don't let me hold you up any further. You don't want to listen to an old fae talk all evening. Apparently they're dismissed.
    [AEB N&I]

Ithuriel smiles and stands, offering a hand to Naku to help her up. "It has been a most pleasant evening, th-" Her eye twitches as she just about manages to catch herself in time. What a poor way to end the ball that would be! "The boys back in the station are going to be very jealous. You'll have them asking for a dozen tickets next year!" She chuckles lightly.

"Ah, my Lady!" Ithuriel turns to her companion, "May I see you out?" Assuming Naku is willing, she'll walk out with her, preferably hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

[Docks]

Have fun clearing out all that Pink, Intersection. Stuff's like the necromantic equivalent of bed bugs.
    Such a huge pain in the butt to remove.

Doable, sure. Just really not fun.

[Cafe Davit]

A nudge from Edict sends the little monster at his side into the building, followed shortly by the shade himself.
    "As long as you don't have anyone particularly appetizing or ablaze, I think everything will be fine."

The bug-legged stalk holding up not-Ithuriel's head has been slowly growing through this, but nothing is spewing Pink all over Affidavit's devices at the moment.
    [Cafe Davit]

"The slightest sign of misbehaviour and I shall banish it." Affy warns, shutting the door behind them. The interior has been redone to reflect Affidavit's personal tastes, now far more metallic in nature, very well illuminated, with a full suite of machines automating the entire cafe process. Even as they enter, a tray hovers over with a freshly brewed cup of coffee for Edict - though one imagines that sort of thing is not to his tastes.

"And when you're ready, we'll get to work on stripping away Feia's curse, hmm?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Cafe Davit]

Interesting and very Affidavit renovations! The shade can't really say he's shocked by it, though.

"Noted."
    Coffee really isn't to Edict's taste, no. That's not to say it's a pointless gesture though!
    Since he proceeds to pour it onto the Ithuriel head, where various portions of skin break apart and suck it away.

If the tray wants the coffee cup back, it gets it, before Edict takes another moment to look the place over. He's not delaying things, no.
    Absolutely not.
    "How would you like to begin?"
    Definitely not dreading what will happen given Affidavit screws this up.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #293

[Black Goat Park]

The elf scowls. "You slight me with your lie. I will forgive this breach of decorum, but do not test my magnanimous nature with further falsehoods."

How does the elf know that Erasmus is lying?

Well, obviously because elfs are born liars.

And also because a dragon book wasn't just added to his collection.

"So I see. I believe I may have encountered that book before. What of it's incompleteness is concern for me?" the elf inquires.

You stupid pointy eared jerk, you know exactly what the concern is.

You totally ganked some poor person's identity!

Identity theft is a serious crime!

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

"It's quite simple. I want the rest of the book. I believe you have it. What's more, I am challenging you to a game for it. If you win, my servants and I will give you our names. If I win, you will give me the missing portion of this book. I want your oath on it. Is that an acceptable deal?" Erasmus asks, tapping the book he brought with him and not any other book.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-11-07 at 04:33 PM.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #295

[Black Goat Park]

A predatory gleam flashes across the elf's expression.

"Oh HO! So that's what brought you here, hmm? Looking to make a deal with the devil?" he gestures at the collection of books surrounding the table. "As you might imagine, I'm not in the habit of losing. Very well, little dragon, I will enjoy adding you to my personal library. I accept your challenge and make my oath-

Upon sun and moon
    Upon stars and stones
    May my word endure
    Though all else fades away."

There's power in those words. The dreamlike landscape shifts imperceptibly. The deal can't be broken, now.

"Tell me, little dragon, what game of skill do you hope to best me in?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

Erasmus smiles. The elf has made his first mistake, not asking what the game would be first. "Tic tac toe."

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #297

[Black Goat Park]

The elf frowns.

He was expecting chess. Or go. Or maybe even a drinking contest.

But...

Tic tack toe?

With a wave of his hand a board appears, along with little stones with X's and O's etched into them.

And what follows will be-!

Really dull.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, we'll say the contest lasts about six hours. Six hours of tic tack toe with Erasmus refusing to rise to the elf's questions and barbs. Six hours until the elf gives a deep groan of frustration. "Ugh... this is the last time I EVER agree to a challenge without know the game first. Fine. FINE! I forfeit. You can take the damn story back, it wasn't a very interesting role to play to begin with. Now get out of my realm!"

If Erasmus checks in the book, he'll find that it now contains the whole of one Silva Moonshadow's life story, written out in format of a play. Scattered through out are sketched scenes in exquisite detail. Apparently she was a wood elve with a thirst for arcane magic that her family and peers frowned upon.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-11-08 at 12:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Black Goat Park

With Silva's book, Erasmus decides it's time to get out of here. He exits the garden and proceeds down the path back the way he came.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #299
    Halfling in the Playground

[Cafe Davit]

"A little more confidence please, Edict. It's unbecoming of you to show any nerves." Affy smiles, strolling over to a table and sitting himself down. He motions for Edict to join him as he reaches out with one hand to take a metal suitcase that rises straight out of the floor, setting it on the table in front of him. He could have had everything set up ahead of him but it's more fun this way, and he's allowed to have fun now.

What a peculiar notion - allowed to have fun. A legacy of his old self, perhaps, that he still has to consciously allow himself to enjoy this.

"Tell me, Edict, how far into your mind did Feia probe? Big strong dragon that she is, was she brave enough to peer into the depths of your psyche?" The smile widens, looking almost predatory in nature. No mind can keep its secrets from Affy if he doesn't want it to. "Do you remember the early days of KNAVES? Protecting my own thoughts used to be one of my greatest weaknesses. It used to torment me so, to know that others could break inside and rip out all my secrets on a whim. How much things have changed since then, hmm?"

The case is opened to reveal a pair of simple frames, rather flimsy-looking, rather akin perhaps to the sort of thing a certain other Professor would wear from time to time. "We are going to go with the safer method - which for once is the brute force approach. Unusual, I know. But to do that, I need to get in there." He leans forward, gesturing at Edict's head. "Make the link, redirect the spell, take all the pain for myself as you break free. Sound good?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

30. - Top - End - #300

[Black Goat Park]

Operation Run away run awaaaaay is a go!

Leaving the glade isn't a problem.

Walking back the way Erasmus came isn't a problem, either.

Or at least it isn't a problem until he returns to where he started. The path simply continues, rather than ending at the little arched cast-iron gateway that leads into the wooded park.

Which...

Is difficult.

How does one escape from an enchanted forest, exactly?

[Trog's ==> Market Street]

Zee steps out of Trog's Tavern, humming a cheerful tune to herself as she tromps off down the road. She's largely unremarkable in appearance, blending in nicely with the rest of the thronging crowds of relatively normal humans who live in the Nexus. She's different from the more unusual specimens, sure, but unless someone were familiar with her she wouldn't particularly stand out. Raven black hair, dark olive skin, steel blue eyes. A bit on the tall side for a human woman, though not unusually so. She was quite thankful that her locker at Trog's had been trapped in dead time, because otherwise her attire would have been a complete mess. Her hair is done up in a high pony-tail with a little forest green scrunchy holding it in place. She's clad in an olive green vest over a light brown long sleeved turtle neck with the neck folded down. A belt adorned with several little pouches for stored items sits at her waste, the only belt she's wearing in fact unlike all those weird adventurers. Denim pants and sturdy brown boots round out the look.

All in all, she really looks like any other NPC out for a walk.

Just a completely unremarkable human female.

Nothing to see here.

Zee is enjoying this.

Walking the City again.

Every now and again she got glimpses of it. Gazing down from the heavens is something empyreans do now and again, after all. Sometimes it was nice to just... sort of take in a wide angle. Look at big chunks of the city at a time. But being down here on the Streets again?

Zee takes in a deep breath, savoring all the scents. She closes her eyes and wraps her arms around herself. "This is... nice."

Not so nice is walking around with your eyes closed like an idiot.

Chances are the Nexus is about to take advantage of this and arrange a 'chance' meeting via collision.