New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

Arkham Street - Alley Hideout

"Cripes, another cult? They spring up like weeds around here," Cassidy says. She likes the first floor, it would be easy enough to set up some kind of front for what she was aiming to do. "Hey," she says to Awen, "Wanna help me evict these chumps? I promise I'm gonna use this place way better than they ever managed."

She doesn't get to speak further before the next Knife Guy lunges at her, though. She starts bouncing on the balls of her feet again, and dodges towards the goon's front. A bit of magic in her arms, and her fists blur as they rush towards the guy's chest in a flurry of punches.
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-10-11 at 09:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Either they're cultists, or they're really fanatic thieves. Awen is betting on the former.

Because of his overzealous lunge, the new Knife Guy is unable to recover quick enough to avoid the flurry of punches. Some ribs crack and the Knife Guy falls on the floor, wheezing and groaning in pain. Sure, Knife Guy probably could get up and keep on fighting, but it just hurts enough that he doesn't want to.

"Sure," Awen says. She crouches down and wipes blood off of one of her hands onto the shirt of one of the people on the floor. Once her hand is clean enough, she puts the glove back on. "I mean, they probably deserve it, right? I could back you up with magic." She looks down to the floor at the four who are down in here. Two are asleep (one is even snoring softly!). One is groaning in pain on the floor. One's face is bleeding pretty badly and is probably dying of poison right now. "Do you think we should take care of them now...? Or wait until after the downstairs is clear?"

If allowed to sit for too long, the bloodstains will probably be pretty hard to get out of this hardwood flooring.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #153

Cassidy shakes her hands like she's in an old martial arts movie as Knife Guy doubles over and falls. "Kidnapping women from the street? There's about three options there for what they're doing, and I don't like any of them." She waves off Awen's concerns of taking care of them. "If they're smart, they'll run for a doc when they can get up. They should know by now they picked the wrong day to show their ugly faces in my turf." Cassidy's "turf" was made up of about one street corner right now, but that was beside the point.

She cracks her neck as she steps toward the stairs. "If we're lucky, we can be back up before cleaning the place gets too rough. Don't wanna learn how to redo a staining..." She keeps her hands at the ready as she starts to descend below the ground floor.

4. - Top - End - #154

Finally, the fox decides to come inside and starts closely following Awen.

Awen nods, and gestures at the sleeping. "If these two are still asleep when we come back up, I could make them want to never come back."

Awen follows Cassidy down to the stairs. While walking, she reaches up and starts to take off the veil and hood. She still keeps the lower half of her face covered, though. "So, I'm going to prepare something in case there's a lot of them. Just try not to look back at me without warning me first, 'kay?" Because (except for those with really strong mental fortitude - and those with no real thought process), people who look in her eyes have their thought process slow down. Also, since her hair is literally snakes and she's a little self-conscious about it, she doesn't want Cassidy to see what her actual face looks like.

They descend.

It was candlelight. And there were a lot of candles. The basement is kind-of vast, but it's one room, with pillars around the outside and four people in the middle of the room around an altar. They're not paying attention - they seem to be doing some sort of prayer or ritual. (Well, at least, three of them seem to be engrossed in this ritual-prayer. One of them is actually paying attention to what's around her.)

To be honest, it's not really clear whether they're trying to summon something or stop something from being summoned. Regardless, the fact that they're still here in this emergency-situation isn't really good.

The one cultist(?) that is paying attention finally notices the two girls descending the stairs. She does actual magic (not these silly "magic" knife things) as she shouts "Go away and die!" and throws a fireball at the two girls.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Fishery

Iamar's eyes narrow as she turns towards the movement, lowering her stance and placing a hand on the hilt of her sword, making soft and silent steps toward the thing in the shadows. She also signals to Felandria with her free hand to back her up - she still wasn't sure what her sword was even capable of against these shadow things.
    Felandria acquiesces and attempts maximum sneakiness, quietly following Iamar’s lead.

She wields her wand of Magic Missile, because it was the only thing she could think of that could logically affect a shadow kitty.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #156

Fishery

As they approch the sound and pass another of those fancy fish preparing amchines they will see acute little cat sitting there licking itself clean. At first glance it doesn't really look differetn from any normal one, but if you know what you look for you notice the little differences. For example everything from the cat is shadow grey paws, claws, teeth and so on. Right now the cat doesn't appear dangerouse or even threating. The remains of her last fishy meal lies next to her.

Fade and Fairy Godfather

"I take every risk worth to take." Fade comments, which may sound harder then intended. At all he got a bit of pride.
    "It seems your Options are limited." Fade replies to the godfather. "Could you tell me why people see your kind that way. other then the fake gold reason."

Fade pauses a oment befor he answers Ilar. "Indeed." he says with his soundless voice apearing totally seriouse or maybe he makes a joke?
    "There is another reaoson, too. I can survive the light. My kind normaly gets disintegraded then touched by light"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2018-10-12 at 02:06 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Temperance Teahouse]

"Um, okay." Annie would normally kick up a fuss at that, but she's been cowed now.

"I'm sure that'll be fun someday." Kitsuki adds. Annie's quite young for all of that, though, so she's not sure when that'd actually happen. "We should probably head out soon, though. Obi's waiting for us at home." She adds. She's even finished her tea. (When did she order that? It must have happened sometime right?)
    [Temperance Teahouse]

Rein just knows how to deal with unruly children. He spent quite a bit of time taking care of the orphans on Melody's Island.

Presumably Kitty picked up the tea when she first got here! Or during Rein's story. It turned out to be about twice as long as he remembered it to be. Oops. "Well alright then. I should go as well and make sure adventure isn't calling. It was nice to meet you again Annie." He looks at Kitty Kitsuki. Going to take forever for Rein to get used to that. "And it was good to see you again as well. Don't be a stranger."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground

[AEB - Cantata, Fettina, Marina]

"Mm, look at her, saying just how forward I am and then practically climbing into your lap like that," Fettina cuts another dainty slice of her desert and mushes it with a bite of ice cream before disappearing the whole mess. "Now I'm beginning to feel third-wheel-y. Should I leave you two to it?" She smiles charmingly. Mostly the chrome gal just seems amused.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

9. - Top - End - #159

AEB - Marina, Cantata and Fettina

Once again, Fettina manages to crack the silent songstress' composure, pausing for a moment as a shocked blush fills her pale cheeks before starting to type a rapid response. I didn't mean it like that! I meant any sort of fun and thrilling activity, not specifically curtains. Thought maybe our lovely companion might have a few other ideas~ Cantata turns towards Marina as she types this, but her only just regained look of inviting playfulness shifts as a flicker of concern lights up her eyes. just because we seem to have hit it off so fabulously doesn't mean I want to leave you behind, Marina. She adds, giving the soldier a reassuring smile. The songstress doesn't want to abandon her, even if she is a little eager to indulge in more time with the chrome angel beside her.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #160

Stormwater Drain

Hm. This was a problem.

Anastasia is much larger than a stormwater drain.

Luckily she is also possessed with a fierce and overpowering intelligence - she knows just how to solve this! Anastasia reaches one hand into the stormwater drain and pulls upwards. With her considerable strength it should be quite easy to tear the concrete away and widen the entrance large enough for her.

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Anchor and Alex

Well, I'm sure Tamamo knows all her clerics as well. Ah but, I'm sure you know what you're talking about. No fighting for affection at Message's temple. Meinir says, in such a way that makes it sound like she's sincere. You're probably doing a great job Anchor. Oh but you said you were off to the side? Well, Message is taking care of it, surely.

Fade and Fairy Godfather

Derryth gives Fade a little smile before turning back to her dessert, attacking it with vigour. Message received loud and clear Fade.

Disintegrated? Well I'm glad we have someone of your constitution here. Ilar says, looking suitably impressed.

Marina, Fettina, Cantata

No, please, if anything I am the third wheel here. Marina says, trying to reassure Fettina. No reason why those two shouldn't have their fun. She laughs heartily when Cantata's composure is broken. I didn't think you could get her that stirred up. She compliments Fettina. And here I thought a ball was fun enough, hm? Haven't the fae been all over you? I had to peel two of them off me just to get here. Change the subject, get the focus off of you. Shouldn't have left it at home. Keep composure. Marina's expression remains jovial and fun, but Cantata will likely be able to feel her discomfort.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

AEB- Fade & the Godfather

"Pride. We don't like working for others. This reinforces the stereotypes, which makes us harder to employ and more likely to seek our own business." Paddy grins, though he doesn't care what others think of him, so long as they accept him as important. Since he has an invite, that suggests he's right, even if he hasn't been invited to the top table. He'll also start on dessert, picking anything ice-cream and also taking a glass of champagne, before running his finger round the rim three times to turn it into whiskey.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

4972 Darkwood Lane

"If I knew, I wouldn't have to solve it. All I know, is someone's out to kill me for it, and they've tried, and failed, three times to assassinate me," the creature explains, "A battle in broad daylight, which failed only because I got help. An amateurish bombing attempt. And a professional killer, who would've succeeded with ease if I had not gotten help again. Simply put, I want to know what about this mystery is so valuable that I need to be killed for it."

- - - Updated - - -

AEB
    Sorry Bill

Ellrin and Ivaz
    "Archaeologist. Terribly boring, I'm afraid." Not at all true. Although Ellrin is am archaeologist by trade, his job is not boring at all.

Dipsnig and Ellrinna
    "Very true. After all, there'd be no progress if everyone stayed at home. We wouldn't even be at this dance!" Ellrinna laughs brightly.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #163

"Hm? Uh, sure, I guess I won't. You that ugly or something?" she cackles as she starts down the stairs. "I'm kidding. You do what you gotta do." Cassidy can probably be struck out as someone with extreme mental fortitude, though having a thought process is still up in the air.

Her face wrinkles as she starts to see the basement. "Oh, definitely a cult. You can tell cause they have no damned taste. Throw up some posters or something." Cassidy's critique of their decorations is interrupted by the sudden rush of heat their way. She's able to raise her arms just in time to block the brunt of the magic coming her way. While her adept magic can keep her from being burned, it still smarts, and the sleeves of her suit jacket are burning up quickly.

"Cripes, you know these aren't cheap, right? I don't have a tailor, you know!" Cassidy swats at her sleeves to put out the fire, and while she's still able to make it down the steps, she's quite thoroughly distracted for now.

Fishery

Iamar narrows her eyes. It just looked like a regular cat, albeit one that looked covered in soot. Had they been sent on a wild goose chase?

She sighed and glanced at Felandria. "Is there anything you can see? Are you more familiar with magic than I?" That, of course, is not a high bar at all.

14. - Top - End - #164

Because Cassidy blocked the fire, Awen is able to cast a spell right back in response.

While sidestepping (so Cassidy is as out of her line of sight as possible), Awen grabs the silver amulet from under her shirt and looks into it, focusing on the magic cultist's reflection. She stabs her fingernail into her palm and smears some blood on the silver...

...and then, suddenly, the Magic Cultist starts glowing with an offwhite light. At first, that seems to be it. Then, Awen takes in a deep breath as if she's about to shout. No sound comes out of her, but and earpiercing screech instead comes out of Magic Cultist's mouth, instead of an incantation for the next firebolt she was going to cast.

Cassidy and Awen (and the fox) are too far away for the cultist's scream to do anything more than being loud and make them want to plug their ears, but the Magic Cultist and two of the three praying cultists have their ears begin to bleed. Those two look dazed and try to figure out what's going on around them, while the third continues praying.

As soon as the scream stops, both the Magic Cultist and Awen try to catch their breath. From the looks of it, if Cassidy sprints the whole way, she could make it to the center of the room by the cultists before the magic-throwing one is able to regain her breath.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #165

Cassidy drops to a knee as she clasps her hands over her ears. Both her eyes are squeezed shut in reaction, but she pries one open to see the the caster is just as thoroughly distracted as she is. This was gonna be her best shot.

The moment she was not being accosted by that noise, she kicked into a rull run at Magic Cultist. When she makes it, she tries to grab her by the face, before muttering "You owe me a new jacket," and trying to slam her into the ground. Hopefully the force of that alone would at least keep her incapacitated long enough for Cassidy to deal with these other idiots.

16. - Top - End - #166

Low on oxygen, smashed into the ground, and now in debt because she needs to buy a new jacket, the Magic Cultist is likely down for the count.

Meanwhile, Cultist A, Cultist B, and Praying Cultist C are still there. The first two remaining cultists, having realized what's going on, are able to get up. Because of their burst ear drums, it is a little hard for them to coordinate anything complex, but they manage to show a little bit of teamwork because both of them are able to get up and they both try to tackle Cassidy at the same time.

Neither of them are armed, but they do have their fists.

Praying Cultist C continues praying. Meanwhile, the magic circle they have starts crackling with some black energy. If one looks at it, they might notice it looks like the air is starting to shatter, kind-of like what a phone with a broken screen looks like.

Meanwhile meanwhile, Awen, breathing properly again, tries to get to the center of the room towards Cassidy as quickly as possible. Admittedly, it is a bit harder to run quickly while low on breath.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [AEB N&I]

Unfortunately there's not much more Ithuriel can do beyond the golden glowyness. She flashes another comforting smile Naku's way, but that's about all she can really do.

Got to just keep being polite! Just keep being polite...

"Did we not introduce ourselves? My apologies, I am Lady Von Holstav, acting as Intersection's representative to your delightful ball, and accompanying My Lady here purely through some divine stroke of luck. I have no doubt that, if I had not bumped into her so quickly, there would have been any number of people ready and willing to accompany her for the evening."
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Naku and Ithuriel

Einion raises his hands in a shrug. What is the tree to a branch? It is all I have known, since time immemorial. If I had to proffer something I'd say... changeable. He says, gesticulating with one hand as he searches for the word. Afterall, you... oh my I'm sorry I don't believe you ever introduced yourselves? He adds, leaving the question implied.
    AEB N&I

Naku offers a half-hearted, weary sort of smile back at Ithuriel, before replying just to Einion.
    "I am Lady Civvy's Champion. I am just another vampire." Naku says, a small amount of stubborn spite in her voice.
    But she's being immature, and she knows it. It's not like this is the first time she's been accused of being a bloodthirsty monster, driven on by her hunger, and unable to restrain herself on her own.
    "But if you must call me something, Saki will do."

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Bayt Alshay

"What sort of markets do you have that do not sell simple food?" Iamar says, with her eyes wide open. Then she shakes her head. "I am sorry, I should not ask such questions of your home. I'm sure your food is only different."
    Bayt Alshay

"Weee," gosh, how to even phrase this?
    "Back home, we did not have markets. That sold food, or just any in general. Our food was very different. And yours is far, far better than any we had." This might have been a compliment, and the food was good, but it was also just the honest truth of the matter.
    Last edited by Mee; 2018-10-15 at 12:12 AM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [4972 Darkwood Lane]

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "If I knew, I wouldn't have to solve it. All I know, is someone's out to kill me for it, and they've tried, and failed, three times to assassinate me," the creature explains, "A battle in broad daylight, which failed only because I got help. An amateurish bombing attempt. And a professional killer, who would've succeeded with ease if I had not gotten help again. Simply put, I want to know what about this mystery is so valuable that I need to be killed for it."
    "It seems likely that if I get involved, I'll be targeted for killing as well, an additional danger besides the obvious danger the mission already presents."
    What Anima doesn't say is that by coming here to respond to the ad, it might already be too late.

"Why don't you add some hazard pay to that, and I'll help?" She nods to the pile of rubies.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Temperance Teahouse]

Rein just knows how to deal with unruly children. He spent quite a bit of time taking care of the orphans on Melody's Island.

Presumably Kitty picked up the tea when she first got here! Or during Rein's story. It turned out to be about twice as long as he remembered it to be. Oops. "Well alright then. I should go as well and make sure adventure isn't calling. It was nice to meet you again Annie." He looks at Kitty Kitsuki. Going to take forever for Rein to get used to that. "And it was good to see you again as well. Don't be a stranger."
    [Temperance Teahouse]

"Oh course not. Next time maybe Obriane will be able to come too and you can meet her." Kitsuki scoops up Annie as they make to go. "Say goodbye, sweetie."

"Bye bye." Annie waves to Rein as they head off.

20. - Top - End - #170

[AEB - Martatina]

"I didn't mean it like anything, I promise," Tina says, peering at them both from behind the curtains of her long lashes. The brilliant and lustrous pianist straightens her back and stretches her wings, licking her lips from the sweet treat. She is happy enough to segue into discussing something else. Like pretty fae! "None of them have come calling yet, but I can't say I would mind."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #171

Fade and Fairy Godfather

Fade has no idea about Derryth and what she understood. He might be on his guard or she will attack him with the knife.
    He nods to Ilar thanking him for his words. Not that he himself could say what the difference is between him and others of his kind.

"That seems resonable." Fade says to the godfather. "Pride has allways a mayor thing in society. Events like this can be a showcase for this. Don't you agree?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #172

Autumnal Equinox Ball
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Well, I'm sure Tamamo knows all her clerics as well. Ah but, I'm sure you know what you're talking about. No fighting for affection at Message's temple. Meinir says, in such a way that makes it sound like she's sincere. You're probably doing a great job Anchor. Oh but you said you were off to the side? Well, Message is taking care of it, surely.
    "Ah, I'm sure she does, but that's not quite the same." Anchor knows for a fact that the rest of Tamamo's organization is not so close-knit. You expect the gods to know everyone, but for the god's emissaries to pay attention, that doesn't quite go without saying.

Anchor looks around the high table - what are their hosts up to? What is that strange other fae with Felandria? This party is perhaps too large.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

4972 Darkwood Lane

"As you wish," the creature reaches into the bag and withdraws a number of additional rubies, which are added to the pile. "Satisfied?"

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #174

Just got a giant bag of rubies, does he?
    "That will do." Anima nods.

"Let's get started."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #175

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [AEB - Martatina]

"I didn't mean it like anything, I promise," Tina says, peering at them both from behind the curtains of her long lashes. The brilliant and lustrous pianist straightens her back and stretches her wings, licking her lips from the sweet treat. She is happy enough to segue into discussing something else. Like pretty fae! "None of them have come calling yet, but I can't say I would mind."
    Cantata shrinks into her seat a little with a bashful smile on her face, her cheeks still a little rosy over the apparent misunderstanding. It fades as the topic is changed though, some of that usual liveliness returning. Oh, it's been wonderful! The fae haven't been showing much interest yet though, maybe they were polite enough not to disturb us. A catlike smile forms as the songstress pauses to consider something, before adding Though considering the spectacle we made of ourselves, I wouldn't be surprised to see that change.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Docks]

"Die and acquire a measure of freedom, live and be a god, either is welcome."
    Edict shrugs a bit and continues staring off towards where there are some unpleasant chewing noises within the Pink.

"There will never be a time that she cannot 'squeeze' the knowledge she wishes, Professor, if she gets her hand on me. Same as with anyone else in this city. All you will change is a small layer of inconvenience...which I can impart as long as she doesn't see me long enough to undo this ward and act upon her control."
    The snake-glyph covered limb is gestured towards.
    "I spent a long time studying her sigil craft, both for that god-seal and basic concealing work. What do you have that's so wonderful?"

Maybe Edict is talking this up a bit. Maybe not.
    Maybe he's not too worried about it because that blonde-haired head poking its top out of the mist is amusing him terribly.
    "Besides, it's not just a snack. It's opportunity."
    [Docks]

"Different, mmm, sort of leverage, Edict. If I so wished, I could tell you what I wish to and just rip the memories out of your mind afterwards. Having someone to talk to is useful, but I could still have that as things stand if I desired it. No, there is a much more pressing need to keep you out of her control...and any solution of yours featuring the phrase "as long as she doesn't see me long enough" isn't good enough. But, mmm..."

Something isn't right here. Something hasn't been right this whole time. Affy has been too distracted being grumpy at Edict to really pay attention but no, that's definitely not right at all. His eyes narrow. His devices re-focus on him and zoom in.

"What do I have that's so wonderful? What do you have now?" He floats closer to his long-time colleague in all things nefarious. "Tell me Edict, what happened to the rest of you?"
    Last edited by Gnrlshrimp; 2018-10-17 at 05:09 PM.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Docks]

"M-m-make sure it's it's dead-ead-ead-ead-ead. It's dead, sure it's. Hehehehe."
    The head of Ithuriel pokes itself up from the mist, giggling in a voice that sounds like hers but a tone that is absolutely not.
    It waves back and forth a bit, like a flower blowing in the wind, before rising up a little higher.

The head is suspended on a carapace-coated stalk of some sort, waggling back and forth as it drifts back over to Edict.
    "Thaaaaanks Miiiichal-Michalsonnn."

Edict smirks and turns his attention away from it now, back towards the Professor.
    "I assume it's trapped or destroyed by Feia. That purple candle-"
    Which at some point flickered out, its circle overrun by Pink.
    "Was a warning device. This was a backup plan in case of that eventuality. I lacked the time to flex it to freedom, it seems...""
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

4972 Darkwood Lane

"Right this way." The thing walks over to the strange door on the far wall, which slides open of its own accord, revealing the polished, luxurious interior of a spaceship. The green creature goes to sit at the pilot's seat, which is clearly oversized for the ship and a new modification.

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #179

Autumnal Equinox Ball

The orchestra finishes the previous concerto, beginning a new one as the last course arrives - as unnoticeable as the first four, of course. Each diner is greeted with a fine platter of cheeses - rich creamy brie, a tangy blue, a sharp stilton, among others. A perfect finisher for the meal.

Ivaz and Ellrin

Eiriol meets Ivaz's gaze with a subtler smile of her own. It looks like she's quite enjoying the view. Ah, a ball like this isn't really the summer fae's... style. She spears a piece of cheese (a soft Neufchâtel) and takes her time eating it as she considers how to proceed. They don't have a grasp of the etiquette required. She decides upon, eventually. Elliot, dear, you undersell yourself I am sure. What have you been excavating? She turns her gaze on Ellrin now, leaving the drink just sitting there within Ivaz's reach. I'm sure it would go wonderfully with the cheese, Ivaz.

Fade and Fairy Godfather

Oh, Fade, this is hardly about pride. Ilar says, in a way that even sounds believable. We're all just here to celebrate the coming winter, that's all. Now, confidence? Of course, but pride? It just sounds so arrogant for what this is - no offense meant of course, Godfather. He adds quickly, raising a placating hand to the Godfather.

Naku and Ithuriel

I've certainly noticed a few jealous looks myself. Einion says to Ithuriel, sharing that private joke again. But please, Saki, - the name hangs in the sentence like a loose tooth, ever so slightly wrong - you're hardly just any vampire. Such peerage is something to be proud of! And from there to representing a Goddess of Hope? The irony is exquisite. I'm sure your father doesn't approve of that. He gives her another smile - she's in on the joke too! Ha ha your dad is Satan.

Cantata, Marina, Fettina

I would not be so sure, Cantata. They like it better when their prey is... isolated. Marina says, bitterness creeping into her voice. No, I'd say you two have been quite lucky, as far as things go. She turns to her food, slightly confused by the change in menu but forging ahead regardless, cutting off some cheese - something hard which she wouldn't be able to identify with a map - and popping it in her mouth. At least the food is good. She adds, after swallowing.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2018-10-18 at 04:58 PM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Right this way." The thing walks over to the strange door on the far wall, which slides open of its own accord, revealing the polished, luxurious interior of a spaceship. The green creature goes to sit at the pilot's seat, which is clearly oversized for the ship and a new modification.
    Is there another seat? Doesn't matter; wouldn't fit Anima anyway.
    She follows the giant monster inside, apparently unbothered by any of this, and stands near the side of the room.

"And this vessel will take us there?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine