New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 67: Shadow over Innside

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

After the last course, people have begun making their excuses and filtering out. Fae who have successfully snagged a mortal walking out cocksure, mortals who have felt the fake niceties a little too keenly ducking out at the first available opportunity, and those who have found themselves punishingly out-danced by the angel and her muse taking the chance to head home for some well deserved sleep. It seems the ball is finally wrapping up.

((Feel free to keep any scenes that still have life in them going on as long as you want, of course. Any conversations that have perhaps run their course though can find themselves ending.))

Ithuriel and Naku

Oh please, you flatterer you. Einion says, waving away the compliments with a smile. But still, there is some difference between being some nobleborn elf and scion to hell itself, you must admit. He tells Ithuriel with a knowing glance. And then the terrible news from Naku. Oh no.

Such a shame when children fall out with their parents. He says, attempting to take Naku's hand and give it a comforting pat. I am certain you shall resolve your differences one day. He adds, giving her a sincere look. So good at sincerity these fae. but please, inquire away. My day to day is really quite mundane. Hobnobbing with various lords and ladies, checking in on my servants and vassals, spending time with my beautiful wife. He leans over at this point to plant a kiss on Drysi, who seems rather distracted talking with a massive woman with flaming red hair and a man made of branches and a deer skull. She smiles slightly as she takes the kiss on the cheek before waving him back to his conversation. Nothing at all compared with the duties of Intersection or of serving Civiron, I am sure. He finishes.
    Naku allows her hand to be taken, and Einion likely realizes very quickly that her hand is cold. Not very cold, but definitely noticeably cool. "I have no doubt that we will resolve our differences, someday." She decides not to add that the only resolution she will accept is one of them being dead, but that, she feels, is okay. "Perhaps different in comparison, but that still sounds like a good life, all things considered."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [AEB - N&I]

"A remarkable evening, yes. It seems we're drawing towards the end of it, though. How time flies." In truth it's felt like it's been crawling, trying to balance being polite, not getting ensnared by the fae and making sure Naku also doesn't get tricked. "I imagine what you do is a lot safer than Intersection work - this has been a very welcome change of pace from my regular duties." Not for the reason Einion might think...or maybe exactly for the reason Einion might think as Ithuriel sneaks quick smile to Naku.

She probably ought to be more concerned about that whole "I intend to kill my father" thing, but it's actually another thing she has in common with Naku. Which is weird.
    "Indeed. This has been a welcome change of pace."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

4972 Darkwood Lane

The spaceship takes off, smashing through the structure effortlessly. It seems the house only existed to hide the spaceship while it was parked there. It hovers over Inside for a few minutes while Tethrik begins programming coordinates into the autopilot. "I'm older than I look, aren't I. To be honest, I don't even remember how old I am. Welcome aboard, Anima."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #213

Arhkam Street - Alley Hideout

"Hey wiz lady? Think you can take care of whatever the hell that is?" Cassidy points out the magic circle and the shattering air, but she doesn't have the time to say anything else before a couple of cultists try to tackle her. She steps back a little, then dashes forward again, looking to grab one of them by their stupid outfits to shove them at a wall. If she was gonna take them both down, she needed them separated.

Bayt Alshay

Iamar blinks. That was... how did one even respond to that? "I... I am sorry to hear of that. I would not wish famine on any," she eventually manages. "I hope things improve there soon."

Fishery

Iamar sighs through her nose. There was definitely something about it, if Felandria's spell meant anything, but malicious? Part of this Fade person? She couldn't tell. She briefly considers considers learning something of magic, as she follows the cat towards the gate. She kept her hand on her shamshir's hilt and her guard up.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Arkham Street - Alley Hideout]

Cultist B, with their expertly crafted tackling-at-the-same-time plan, is successfully grabbed by Cassidy.

There's not really a wall to shove them at, because this is a rather large room and everyone is now near the center, but there is a support pillar nearby. Cultist B, now deaf and smashed against the pillar (and possibly has a broken tooth now: that's the problem with being slammed against a pillar when your mouth is open) tries to struggle out of Cassidy's grip.

Cultist A, on the other hand, missed the tackle. He (Cultist A) stumbles a little bit. After regaining his balance, he takes a deep breath, winds up, and then throws a punch towards Cassidy's head.

Wiz-Lady Awen, having caught up, looks over at the cracking reality and the cultists' circle."Y-yes," she says. "I think." She looks down at her fox. "No, that's horrible! I won't do that."
    She looks between Cassidy and her fox, hoping Cassidy didn't hear what she thinks the fox said.

She runs up behind Cultist C and puts her hands over the cultist's temples. After a few moments, the cultist stops praying and slumps to the ground, with their eyes rolling into the back of their head. "R-right." Awen leans down, moves her face uncomfortably close to the cultist's, then her hair wraps itself around the cultist's head, and... she breathes into Cultist C's mouth.

So far it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The crackling black energy and the reality-cracking of the air itself seems to be getting worse, slightly.

Hopefully Awen knows what she's doing, because it looks like she's just secretly making out with an unconscious cultist, or literally eating the cultist's breath away or something. It's not immediately obvious.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [4972 Darkwood Lane => Spaceship]

Well, it was an effective enough disguise. No odder than any house in the city. Although most houses, we have to hope, aren't actually spacecraft waiting to take off.

"You don't look a year over two-hundred."
    "Tell me about this hell of yours. What sort of resistance might we run into once we're there?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Spaceship

"You flatter me." Tethrik knows he's at least 5000 already. "The hardest part will be convincing the guards to let us through the gate. Once we're in, we just have to fly to a ruined demonic fortress, clear out whatever squatters are there, and use the device."

My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #217

Default [Tethrik's Spaceship]

As if Anima has any idea what the differences between a 200-year lizard demon and a thousand-year lizard demon are.

"That might not be too hard. I do have legitimate business in the hells, even if I won't be pursuing it here."
    "I got the impression we'd be trying to avoid fighting with the squatters where possible?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Tethrik's Spaceship

"That actually doesn't matter to me. Kill, incapacitate, avoid. As long as we make it past them, I don't care. I can certainly help with the first two. I'm not an inexperienced demonslayer myself." Tethrik punches some controls, and the ship starts to rise, turning upwards toward outer space above.

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #219

Stormwater Drain

Anastasia is predictably brusque in answering their questions, and likely will leave well before they get all the information they want out of her. I doubt they'd be able to stop her, really.

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Fettina, Cantata, Marina

Well, I think we have entertained our host long enough. And you two do seem so concerned about each others... safety. Marina says, quirking her lip slightly. This was better. They can go off and be happy, Marina can... well, they can go be happy. Shall we? She asks the pair, rising from her chair

Jack, Feia and Kramolagh

Of course dear, of course. Maldwyn says, reaching over to rub Jack's back comfortingly. She shall be missed terribly. By someone, probably. Such a shame this... acquaintance, was it? Such a shame he won't behave civilly. Oh but Maldwyn certainly isn't blaming you, Feia. Just an unfortunate happenstance that someone you knew murdered one of the fae.

Fade and Godfather

It's been my pleasure, Fade. Even if poor Derryth here hasn't manage to enchant you. I'm pretty sure Ilar just means enchant as in entertain, right? Just some fancy fae words.

You're not going to let me languish are you, Paddy? Derryth asks the Godfather, looking at him with a kicked puppy expression.

Naku and Ithuriel

What can I say? I'm blessed. Einion says, spreading his arms to indicate the length and breadth of the hall. Ah, but it is getting on isn't it? I do hope I didn't bore the two of you with my chatter. He says with an easy smile. Still, perhaps best I kept you entertained hm? My company and food will have to satisfy your appetite tonight. Unless of course the Lady Von Holstav has made... arrangements? He adds to Naku. Ah, but I'm being crude. He says with a chuckle.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Default [Tethrik's Spaceship]

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "That actually doesn't matter to me. Kill, incapacitate, avoid. As long as we make it past them, I don't care. I can certainly help with the first two. I'm not an inexperienced demonslayer myself." Tethrik punches some controls, and the ship starts to rise, turning upwards toward outer space above.
    "Well, I have no problem killing demons, in general. But let's try the subtle approach as long as we can, okay?"
    Anima sets a hand onto something to keep herself a bit steadier as the ship sets off.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #221
    Halfling in the Playground

[Docks]

"Oh, perish the thought, Edict. If simply scrambling anything magical was safe to do, there'd be no need to understand the intricacies of the spell. I wouldn't suggest this if I wasn't confident that I understand the curse. I believe I can, mmm, safely rewrite the curse. After all, there is no such thing as magic, merely different means of manipulating energy. As long as you understand the language, you can undo anything. With enough time, Edict, there will be no form of "magic" beyond my comprehension."

Quite the boast, eh? About par for the course for Affy, really.

"Hmm. If you're ready then? I'll have to drop us just outside. There is no back door into the building."

And not a moment too soon as Ithuriel's requested reinforcements have just arrived and started to get into position outside the warehouse.

[AEB - N&I]

"You have been an excellent host, and I think it's safe to say the ball has been a great success. I'll admit, when I was passed the Intersection invitation I was not expecting quite such a large event." And even now, Einion is taunting and teasing them under a veil of politeness. It is very hard to avoid rising to that bait. There's a couple of different things Einion could be implying there, but none of them are particularly pleasant. Crude is putting it mildly.

Just smile and nod, Ithuriel. Just smile and nod. "It would be a challenge to have made arrangements when I wasn't anticipating bumping into her. When we take our leave, well, I shall wait and see if the night has anything more in store for me."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Tethrik's Spaceship

The ship exits the atmosphere, turns to face in a certain direction, then suddenly, sickeningly, lurches into hyperspace. It flies through dimensions man was not meant to know, emerging at a planet far, far away.

AEB
    Ellrin shrugs. "Honestly, I haven't had time to set up a dig yet. I've only just arrived here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe it is time for me to go." He gets up and moves to leave, seeking out Ellrinna in the crowd and giving her a nod so she'll know he's ready to leave.

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #223

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Fettina, Cantata, Marina

"I sure wouldn't mind," Fettina replies to Marina, getting up to join the girls. She folds her wings against her back. She gives Cantata a sly smile, unsure how to read that earnest look in her eyes. "You two wanna come back to my place for some drinks?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2018-10-29 at 11:23 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Autumnal Equinox Ball

Fettina, Cantata, Marina

"I sure wouldn't mind," Fettina replies to Marina, getting up to join the girls. She folds her wings against her back. She gives Cantata a sly smile, unsure how to read that earnest look in her eyes. "You two wanna come back to my place for some drinks?"
    Cantata drifts out of her seat, heels clicking a upon the ballroom floor as she glides effortlessly behind the chair and a couple steps closer to the chrome-covered angel. She replies with a simple nod and a friendly smile, a spark of eager curiosity playing across her countenance. She looks back towards Marina though, with one last look of concern for her friend. The heady energy of the party was still exerting a minor influence upon her mind however, and the worry didn’t linger long.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #225
    Orc in the Playground

AEB- Fade & the Godfather

"Goodbye, Fade. Talking to you's been... An experience." He can't honestly say much more than that. "As for you, milady, that depends entirely. Do you swear, upon whiskey and water, upon the key and the crown, under the sun and the rain, that you aren't trying to trick me, bait me, manipulate me or do anything to me besides sleep with me? In those words, please." They might not be important to Derryth, and so she may feel free to lie if she swears. But that's not the important thing; Paddy's a fae, too. A lesser one, granted, but he's got some tricks, and these things- or some of them; enough of them- are important to him, important enough that he can use them as a limited lie detector. If Derryth says the words, a limited bond will be forged between the two, not one that will necessarily require payment but one to determine honesty. If she swears with the intent to trick or manipulate him, he'll know she's lying... And that may accrue a debt.

If I can think of something she can give that Paddy would want, in the here and now.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

AEB- Anchor and Alex

Alex smiles sweetly at the fae, but her impression really doesn’t say anything.
    ”We’ll go...sometime.” she says at last, promising nothing.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Autumnal Equinox Ball - Jack, Feia, Kramolagh, and Fae]

Feia really doesn't look too put out about the fae dying, people being distressed by the fae dying, or someone she passingly knows being responsible for the fae dying.
    She does seem slightly amused by Maldwyn's comment though. A not-so-nice sort of amused.
    "Clearly I should tightly leash everyone I meet, to ensure such things don't happen."

[Docks]

"Hrm. Yes, off we go."
    Preferably immediately. The little angel-headed monster is staring towards the door with a perverse sort of look.
    Edict doesn't really want to have to play through this foolishness again.

[First Wave - Digging In]

Across the street is a boring home, belonging to a boring courier and his deceptive girlfriend Delilah.
    It was observed, for three days. The beginning of the fourth day, a hole was carved into the back wall and the residence tossed, everything searched and examined.
    The results were disappointing.

The fifth day and two after were spent watching the house across the street, its neighbors, and their neighbors.
    This is the tail-end of the eighth day.

"A friend of mine is missing, let's be reasonable about this. Give me some little teensy bit of information to go on here and everyone can go home in time for supper, or tea, or bedtime!"
    There's an easy smile on the black-haired catgirl face, a flippant energy in the hand toying with the rags wrapped around the malnourished man's body attached to that face.

The combined figure paces over to a window on the front of building, squinting out across the street.
    "Haven't seen anybody over there in a week, which seems kinda weird, doesn't it? Anybody happen to know about the neighbors going on vacation? Anybody?"
    A grin is cast back over towards the room they speak to.

Illuminated by a soft purple glow, an eerie aura settles over a charnel scene.
    Colors warped by the room's glow, the furniture and floors are covered in black, the walls covered in more of the same, and the ceiling densely covered by a darkened green.
    Lumps stick out of the ceiling, here and there, appearing to be constructed of densely packed, thin tendrils.

Here and there, a hand sticks out. A knee.
    A face.

"So quiet. You're all so disappointing...but! Not for long!"

There's a cough from one corner, over the source of the purple glow.
    "How long is this going to take?"

Another easy, feminine laugh from the figure turning back towards the window.
    "Oh, you know. A few hours maybe. Then we can really get down to work, before you have another conniption."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #228

Autumnal Equinox Ball

Fettina, Cantata, Marina

Marina smiles apologetically. I am afraid my stamina has run out. She says, draining the last of her champagne and setting the glass back down on the table. But please, don't let me slow you down. Enjoy yourselves. Good. Good, duck out now and leave them to their fun. They don't need you dragging them down.

Fade and Fairy Godfather

I don't think there's gonna be much sleeping involved. Derryth says with a grin. But if you insist, darling. I swear, upon whiskey and water, upon the key and the crown, under the sun and the rain, that I'm not trying to trick you, bait you, manipulate you, or do anything to you besides sleep with you and any other activities we think up that sound fun. She says, embellishing a little. She's not lying, although if Fade had asked her to swear it might have been a different matter.

I might leave you to it. Ilar says, dabbing at his mouth with his serviette. Thank you, Paddy, for indulging me in conversation tonight. I hope you and Derryth get along splendily. He says, rising to his feet.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229

[A Book on a Bench]

There's a book on a bench.

Not sure when it arrived on the bench, but it's there. Not one of those intimidating sorts of books, no. No creepy leather binding with a face on it. No iron clasps sealing it. No chains wrapped around it. No otherworldly shapes slithering across it. It almost looks like it could be a college textbook of some kind, though it has no title and picking it up won't cost upward of one hundred dollars. No, it's just a book.

A book on a bench.

There IS something odd about it, though.

Something that draws the eye.

Something that pulls attention to itself.

Some subtle wrongness that's difficult to place.

But in spite of that, it's still just a book.

A book on a bench.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

A Book on a Bench

Someone notices the book. A small amber colored dragon alights on the bench and reaches it out for it, turning it over and looking at the spine and cover, trying to see its title. He calls out, "Did anyone lose a book?"

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #231

[A Book on a Bench]

The book is picked up without difficulty.

Or... maybe a little bit of difficulty.

The dragon IS pretty small, all things considered. And the book is pretty big. The sort you might get for an engineering class.

Aside from abstract designs with a very nineties color scheme, the book is unadorned.

No title.

Nothing on the spine.

Just bright pastel triangles and swirling shapes.

It would appear it's just a book, though no longer on a bench.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

A book on a bench

I suppose I should provide more description.
    Erasmus is an amber colored dragon the size of a small dog, wearing a leather harness off of which hang a large tome, a wand, and numerous bottles, flasks, and wineskins.

Erasmus, filled with curiosity at the strange volume, opens it to the first page and begins to read.

My Nexus characters

23. - Top - End - #233

[A Book On A Bench]

The first page reads,

Quote Originally Posted by Book
    Help me, please.
    In large blocky bold black font.

Should the wizard lizard check the rest of the book, he'll find the rest of the pages are the same. The font soon gives way to increasingly messy hand writing with the phrase repeated haphazardly all over the page.

The longer he reads, the more frantic the message becomes.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

A book on a bench

Erasmus is suitably disturbed by the writing. He's not sure what he's supposed to do, so he pulls a small pearl and a clump of owl feathers from his harness and channels arcane energy in an attempt to discover what sorts of magic might be affecting the book. This should give a general idea of the effects of any magic either cast on the book or produced by it, but oftentimes powerful curses will slip by undetected, and of course, not all magic can be read this way.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #235

[A Book on a Bench]

The spell is cast without any particular difficulty and will reveal a number of interesting facts about the book.

First? It doesn't ever appear to run out of pages. Second? Incantations can be written within the book without the need for some of the expensive wizardly rituals that are typically required to record new spells into one's personal spellbook. As a matter of fact, there are already two very potent spells written in the back of the book. Erasmus could flip to them if he really felt like it. Specifically True Polymorph and Shades.

Though...

The next bit of information gathered from the spell isn't quite so encouraging.

True Polymorph and Shades appear to have been cast on the spellbook.

Which means...

It might not have been a spellbook, originally.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

A book on a bench

Erasmus is not nearly powerful enough to cast either of those spells. The concept of a spellbook which he doesn't have to use rituals to utilize would be excellent, if he wasn't sure that this was some poor person turned into a book. He pulls out his favorite quill pen, then puts it back, and pulls out his second favorite (his favorite writes in invisible ink). He writes under the words on the first page, "How?"

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #237

[A Book on a Bench]

A single word, written onto a page.

A moment elapses.

Then another.

The a reply is scribbled back, the lines shaky and awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Book
    Oh god oh god I can hear you! Where are you? I can't see anything, can you hear me?"
    Well.

That's a little bit disturbing.

Isn't it?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-10-31 at 08:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Naku and Ithuriel

What can I say? I'm blessed. Einion says, spreading his arms to indicate the length and breadth of the hall. Ah, but it is getting on isn't it? I do hope I didn't bore the two of you with my chatter. He says with an easy smile. Still, perhaps best I kept you entertained hm? My company and food will have to satisfy your appetite tonight. Unless of course the Lady Von Holstav has made... arrangements? He adds to Naku. Ah, but I'm being crude. He says with a chuckle.
    Naku doesn't really react to the jibes.
    Be it that she's super well composed and not letting it bother her, or she's just entirely in the dark as to what he means.
    (it's the latter)
    "We bumped into each other quite by chance, and have not made any plans for after this dinner." Naku says, not impolitely, but kind of matter of factly. "Your food has been quite good. My compliments," but not thanks, "to your chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post

[AEB - N&I]

"You have been an excellent host, and I think it's safe to say the ball has been a great success. I'll admit, when I was passed the Intersection invitation I was not expecting quite such a large event." And even now, Einion is taunting and teasing them under a veil of politeness. It is very hard to avoid rising to that bait. There's a couple of different things Einion could be implying there, but none of them are particularly pleasant. Crude is putting it mildly.

Just smile and nod, Ithuriel. Just smile and nod. "It would be a challenge to have made arrangements when I wasn't anticipating bumping into her. When we take our leave, well, I shall wait and see if the night has anything more in store for me."
    Smiling and nodding. The best defense. Though Naku doesn't have much to reply to this.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

29. - Top - End - #239

[AEB - Cantata, Fettina, Marina]

"Well, I suppose you have to suit yourself," Fettina says with a momentary frown, most likely bidding Marina goodbye before heading off somewhere she and Cantata can have a drink.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #240

Default [Autumnal Equinox Ball]

"I'll see if I can get her out there within the week." Anchor suggests, rising from her seat.
    "This has been a pleasant event. I hope it leads to a good autumn."
    "Good night, both of you."

It's time to go, isn't it?
    Anchor looks around the ballroom as she slowly leaves. Wonder what that cute pyromancer got up to? Of course, she probably shouldn't wonder. If Fayyaad had been interested in talking to her, he would have at the table, right?
    Plus, she's got to collect her shadow from wherever it's gotten off to. And maybe Meinir's shadow as well. I'm sure she doesn't really need it back.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine