New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: The Shocking, Spine-Chilling, 2018 Spooktober Spectacular!

[Refreshment Table Of Nudity]

Oh right. Being naked is frowned upon.
    Why else would be Sunder and Faith be immediately reacting to correct that, in their separate ways?

Libby wraps her arms around her stomach, in a completely inaccurate attempt to preserve modesty, and stares mournfully at the snacks.
    How is she supposed to eat them, when she has to use her arms in this silly mortal perception of public acceptability?
    "I'm perfectly fine...no harm here but the chill. Though we should probably keep a better eye on that...thing."

"That thing" currently despairing over the fact that his Magical Fun Die no longer does any of the Magical Fun.
    "Nooooooooooooo!"
    Such despair. Such sorrow.
    Clearly Persimmon needs some cheering up! Which he decides to get for himself by launching towards Faith with floppy limbs outstretched.

Unless avoided (which, really, just requires a slight step to the left or right, he's not that fast), he's going to wrap himself around her torso like a terribly gross sweater.
    "There was so much more excitement waiting to happen! But nay! NAY! AN ETERNITY OF BOREDOM ONCE MORE! Nooooooo!"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Refreshment Table of Strangeness]

"Eyes on the dice? Eh, sure," Sunder says as she trots over to the offending object and brings a hoof down on it.

It makes a pretty satisfying crunch, and when she pulls the away all that remains in a pile of fine dust.

"Problem solved."

And, of course, while her attention is elsewhere?

That's when Persimmon decides to glomp Faith.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Refreshment Table of Strangeness]

Comforting people was sometimes a part of the job, and in the nexus that meant interacting with pretty peculiar characters. Persimmon was at least one of the top five weirdest beings that had flung themselves on Faith however.

Faith had to fight the immediate instinct of just throwing him off and get away, instead just hesitantly patting the skin instead. "Sir, please..." She starts as a shiver goes through her entire body in revulsion at touching this skin. "Just follow the lady with the dice. I can't do anything for you." Hopefully that meant he would leave with her too...

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Joking Jesters

"This should be interesting. Here goes." Jason rolls the die, feeling both apprehension and curiosity.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Checking Out Fake Mutants]

"It's a relief," Geneva admits. "There was this tension in my memories of things that didn't quite line up. Like a bit of sand stuck between the gears in a watch. Things were grinding and I was just making the best of it."

She offers Nick a comforting head-butt.

"Glad everything is back to normal. Or at least as normal as anything ever gets around here."

Which is to say, not that normal at all.

"D you want to mingle a bit? I don't think these foam latex props are going to have much to say."
    [Checking out Fake Mutants]

Nick nods.
    "Yeah, it looks like Princess Sunder's busy right now. Let's go talk to someone who isn't pumping out the magic right now." Nick says, giving a quick glance to Forte before moving on to more mundane people to look for.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #126

[Mingling]

Ivaz narrows her eyes at Kuriko. Then she turns her suspicious gaze at her glass, bringing it up ti her eyes to examine the contents within.

This stuff better have alcohol in it. Either that, or somebody slipped some kinda inebriation spell on me when I wasn't looking.

No, no, it's alcohol. I put some in. Always bring a flask to a party.

She gives a wide grin to Kuriko. Wanna know where the flask is now?

No comment on the alcoholic remark.

She looks to Marco again.

No. No, that's not a tennis related mark. But, hey, you do you. Just know that I know. She gestures with two fingers towards her eyes, than points them at him.

And then the nudity happens!

Ivaz seems to have lost all interest in Kuriko and Marco now as she stares at the naked cat girl.

Damn. Is it that kind of party already?

She's good on her own feet again, no longer leaning on Kuriko for support. Still has a hand on the woman's shoulder, though.
    Last edited by KerfuffleMach2; 2018-10-08 at 08:04 AM.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Refreshment Table!]

"I caaaaan't! She's all the way over theeeeere, and I'm all the way over heeeeere. What is a poor sack of skin to do in such a world?"
    Persimmon is very obviously hamming it up here, in an absolutely terrible fake-mourning voice.
    More concerningly, Faith's light patting seems to have been interpreted as encouragement, as he does quite the opposite of letting go of her.

Mostly just coils around her more, in an effort to get his floppy little head up on her shoulder.
    Once there, though, he at least stops the obnoxious wailing, instead swapping over to that same sick smile from earlier.
    "Hey there. Come to these parties often?"

Over there a little bit, Libby watches the proceedings with a bit of a thoughtful frown.
    "Very distractable, isn't it?"

Somewhat ironically stated, as she tilts her head and looks over towards the [Mingling] group, specifically Ivaz.
    A warm smile and a cheerful wave are supplied, that nudity thing still not really being worried about.
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #128

[Joking Jesters]

"Well then, there you are miss crow pokemon gal!" Fortuna says brightly, handing the gilded d6 over.

Shortly thereafter the first die is cast.

It bounces once-

-twice-

-then hurls itself skyward and detonates in a tiny fireworks display, spelling out 643 in bright, flashing numbers.

"Ooooh!" Fortuna intones. "Aaaaaah!"

And then weird things happen.

Specifically?

A rat pops its head out of his shirt.

"Hey."

Says the rodent.

"Hey, yeah. You. You're the rat king, right?"

Another one peeks out from behind his shield. "That's what I heard. This guy is the rat king."

"So if you're the rat king," says a third rat, climbing up on his shoulder. "We've gotta do a favor for you. Something ratty."

"Yeah," adds the rat on top of his helmet. "A ratty favor."

Jason had better come up with something good. Not often that a random pack of rats offers to do a ratty favor for you.

[Checking out the Fake Mutants]

"What about her?" Geneva ventures, gesturing at the cardboard box with a giant snake tail sticking out from under it. "I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a reference to something, but I don't think I'm getting it."

She trots over to Solid Snek, leaning down slightly as she draws near. "Umm... hi there? I'm Geneva. That's an interesting costume you have?"

[Table of Insanity]

Sunder turns around and frowns at the general antics.

"Yo, Jack? Could you maybe not grab people and stuff?" she requests. She may look different, especially with the white coat-job, but he SHOULD recognize Sunder's voice. She's that pony who almost maybe killed him that one time.

9. - Top - End - #129

[Table of Insanity]

Faith rolled her eyes, something she could get away with as people couldn't see her pupils. Looked like she had to get rid off him, it would be difficult talking to Sunder with him interrupting everything. Not to mention of the dreadful feeling she was getting of him crawling on her. "Excuse me a moment, Sunder. I'll take this guy back to his friend over there." She remarks with a gesture at Fortuna.

Then, without waiting for a reply from either Sunder or Persimmon, Faith strides up to Fortuna and quietly says "I apologize for this..." Then she will grab the pony skin and attempt to pull him away from her and hand him to Fortuna. Faith's muscles, being animated by magic, can utilize great deal more strength than your average human. Without much effort she could be as strong as the strongest ordinary humans out there. "He missed you, miss." Faith tells Fortuna with a smile as she is attempting to hand Persimmon to her.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-10-07 at 06:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Joking Jesters

The rat king. Huh. That's a new alias for Jason, if not a particularly flattering one. He's suddenly left with the question of what, exactly, makes a favor "ratty." He thinks about it for a minute or so, then asks, "Perhaps you could help me guard my warehouse, watch for people attempting to break in and warn me?"
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #131

Joking Jesters

A nearby skeleton approaches and taps Fortuna on the shoulder.

"H-hey, uh, miss? Sorry but, there are children here." He glances sideways at the little space marines who luckily seem not to have noticed Libitina yet. "Could you dial back the uh..." He begins rifling through a small stack of cards he apparently kept in his back pocket. "He gave me these cards... 'Weird magical bee ess transformation fairy nonsense', please." He smiles sheepishly at Fortuna.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Table of Insanity -> Joking Jesters?]

"Aw, I knew I'd like you. You're a great lady. Maybe a bit overdressed though, hmmm?"
    Persimmon probably would have fought harder just to be more "fun", but Faith is offering the opportunity to hang out with Fortuna some more.
    Which is great!
    He'll latch onto her at the first possible given opportunity here.
    "Oooo Fortuuuunaaaaa!"
    Absentee Spirit

13. - Top - End - #133

[Joking Jesters]

When the poor guy in the skeleton outfit approaches Fortuna and begins to speak, she's regard him with a hard, cold, appraising look. He might get the impression of staring down a lion.

"Are you telling me what to do?" she asks.

...or maybe more like staring down an ancient red dragon and informing them that they aren't allowed to take all the dwarven gold.

The scary face evaporates in an instant, replaced with an expression of disarming cheer. "But you're right! I wouldn't want to make poor Maggy feel inadequate in his villainy," she concludes, glancing over at the gal in the pokemon costume. "Jack, dear, you wouldn't mind holding off on using my little gift, would you? We don't want too much excitement all at once."

And then suddenly Persimmon!

Fortuna gives a whoop of glee and begins tying his front legs around her neck, wearing him like the most awful cape ever.

"You came back to me! Oh, I just knew you would. Did you enjoy hugging our stinky pal over there?"

Meanwhile, the rats seem to be okay with this idea.

"So yer saying you want us to spy on folks and then rat 'em out?"

"That sounds like a pretty ratty favor," says one.

"Yeah, sounds pretty ratty," agrees another.

Then one by one, they all vanish back into Jason's outfit.

Except the one perched on his hat. It doesn't go anywhere.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    High above the festivities -- well. Okay. Just. Just by the ceiling, okay? --, sneaking in, unseen, unheard, and nearly invisible except that she's mostly bright freaking electric blue, some of her scales seem to glow ever so slightly, and the loud rasping of scales against metal piping is actually pretty loud but hey; sneaky.

Indeed, it is Kin, the lamia! She's sneaking into this here party, prepared to crash it and be all cool and impress people and stuff, and is climbing along the pipe going along the ceiling. The good news is that by using her few hundred pounds of tail, she can actually hang onto the pipe very well by using several loops of tail around and over it!
    The downside is that due to those same few hundred pounds of tail, the pipe groans, creaks, and then breaks above her. Good thing the pipe was purely decorative and didn't carry water or sludge or toxic anything!

On her way down, Kin manages to turn around to at least face the ground, and gives a nice view that she's wearing what appears to be a fairly simple set of military fatigues, an eyepatch, an odd plastic horn attached to the side of her forehead, and a lot of fake scars. She also somehow manages to pull a large cardboard box out of no where. She lands with a loud 'oomph', and quickly pulls the box over the human part of her body.
    She peers out the hand hold of her box, mumbling something about how she's "Commencing Virtuous Mission." or something. The box is laughably terrible at hiding her; what with the near 20, 25 feet of bright blue, red, and slightly glowing tail sticking out the back of it.

Practically invisible.
    After pouring herself a drink and obtaining a few chocolates, Fel scans the room for new or existing friends.

Then she sees a box, moving around all on its own, dragging around a whole buncha glowy colorful tail.

She approaches the box cautiously.

Hello, box.

How are you?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

15. - Top - End - #135

Escape from Planet Sleazeball

"Absolutely." Blanche responds, refusing to take her eyes off of Kramolagh until both duos start off on their separate ways. She had a feeling that he was the type of person you didn't want to leave your sight; the minute you turn your back, they're already making obsessive notes about your daily routine, buying off select members of the police department, looking into which stores offer the best prices on bulk orders of rohypnol. "Sorry." She comments to Nigel, although it doesn't sound entirely sincere - she had no regrets about her reaction whatsoever, she just figured from that parting comment that it probably might not reflect too well on him.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #136

Far Away From That Weirdo, Near One Of The Only Two Tables To Exist - But Not, Y'know, Participating In Any Of The Other Conversations, Just Awkwardly Standing Nearby

Not your fault, he was being creepier than usual. Nigel reassures Blanche. He starts picking out some of the more interesting looking finger food for himself. Nigel it's going to be very hard for you to eat all of that with your mask on. You ok? He asks, trying to figure out how to lift his mask with both hands full of finger food. I warned you Nigel.

Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    By the Laser Cannon

A spectre is haunting MagCave

The spectre... of Communism!

...No, wait. It's just Cantata, gliding through the foyer with the utmost grace in an almost scandalously short orange-yellow dress. An understandable mistake I guess, considering the woman is definitely Russian and her hair has been dyed a fiery scarlet red, but that mostly open black waistcoat is certainly not the attire of the proletariat. It's even got a flagrantly bourgeoisie collar of feathery cotton that flares up behind the neck, and she's wearing heeled boots and stockings! Frankly, I'm not even sure how there was confusion in the first place.

Spoiler: Reference
    Show
    "Crazy party, huh?" says Lord Malice Cyborg Benedict Arnold, pretending to pay attention to Cantata for a moment before his eyes glue themselves to the laser cannon she's standing beside. Well, the fake laser cannon, anyway, but he doesn't know that just yet. It looks fairly convincing, and he doesn't know quite enough about little Maggy and his stupid, lame, morally gray nonsense to assume it's a fake, like he rightfully should. Magtok isn't anywhere near rich enough to afford a big ol' cannon in the foyer right now, and even if he was, surely he'd know better than to leave it out around a bunch of children and drunks.

"You ever fire one of these? I did, once. Disintegrated this stupid Saurous elf guy with it, and his dumb elf kid, too. Of course, they came back to life right after and immediately killed me, because nobody stayed dead back then, but it was totally worth it for the look on his face," Malice babbles, rapping his knuckles against the superweapon, and frowning in confusion when it makes a tinny sort of echoing sound. Hollow? How could a laser cannon as beautiful as this one be hollow?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

18. - Top - End - #138

[Joking Jesters==> Refreshment table]

"You're... welcome." Looked like this was simpler than she had imagined. It even looked like the staff were reacting to 'Fortuna's' games now. Perhaps this party would be a lot less chaotic than she had expected.

It was just the matter of the naked miss Libby... hopefully someone would deal with that. "You're supposed to cover your chest and crotch, miss Libby!" She shouts to the naked catgirl as it was clear she had no clue what she was doing. Not too uncommon in the nexus considering that Sunder herself was basically naked yet no one was bothered by her.

On her way back to the refreshment table and the punchy princess she grabs a drink. She had to keep herself hydrated, especially when she exerted herself like this, her body demanded it. "Do you also fancy a drink, Sunder?" She inquires.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Arriving Again

Magtok has to try really, really hard to ignore everything going on behind him. Caelynn's daughter is being creeped on by Kramolagh, a bunch of people are messing with the fake Libitina, Lou'vre has an heir apparently, there's a giant Monster Hunter thing at this party, and people are rolling magical destiny dice and ruining everything. Any individual one of those things could be a party-ruining catastrophe, but he can't scurry from table trying to fix anything just yet, because Renee is here. Sweet, adorable, precious Renee, who has grown into quite an impressive young adult since Mag last saw her.

"I've missed a couple of birthdays." Magtok answers, hugging Renee tight. "I'll get started making it up to you this Thanksmas, promise, but for right now, could you look over my shoulder and tell me if anyone's dying horribly over there? I'm sorta morally obligated to keep these idiots from killing themselves. Especially the one with the catsuit and the cleavage, she's the daughter of a friend." Caelynn would be very cross with him if Blanche died or got Krammed in a tragic Halloween party accident. We have enough problems as is right now without Caelynn falling apart over the untimely ruination of her own child.
    Reuinited

Renee looks over Magtok's shoulder, checking out the situation. "Nah, some creeping going on but everything is okay it looks like. Need me to watch over her?" She asks, kissing his cheek before letting go of the hug and standing straight up. "Really though, I missed you and I missed this place and if it is easiest, we can always just light someone on fire, set off the alarms, and call it a day." She points out before turning to look at the remains of her bike. "Gonna have to apologize to Aunt Jette over that one, but I've ran it too ragged. The mites will disassemble it though so no worries about there being a wreck on the lawn."

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The floating skull bobs over near the giant monstrosity.
    First, hanging silently at the wall of a party, doing nothing and ignored by everyone? They know that. That's where they had been, every time.
    Nice costume. Kill it yourself?
    The words should pop right into the Glavenus's head.

Can he have finger food without fingers?
    Giant Wallflower

For a moment Glavvy is incredibly confused. The only one who had spoken to him like this before was Her, and this voice definitely wasn't Her. If the skull is reading his emotions, they're incredibly confused. If it is reading his thoughts, they're little more than "Rawr?". However, after a bit the words seem to register through his still-animalistic mind and he gives a small nod. He'd killed the herbivore without much of a fight and it had filled his stomach for a week. He'd originally left the remains to bleach in the sun for scavengers, but eventually he'd returned after deciding to come to the event.

And he does have fingers! Just on very short arms and ending in claws. Still counts though.

20. - Top - End - #140

[Refreshment Table]

Well!

It looks like things are mostly calming down? Sure. That's what's going on here. Except for the naked lady. Sunder can't help but wonder why Magtok doesn't just get one of those purple dresses he's always wearing for her. It might be the wrong size, but so long as she isn't totally exposed humans shouldn't care. Right? Or maybe his most recent exile ruined his purple dress collection? She's about to open her mouth and unintentionally say something really unflattering about Magtok's wardrobe choices when Faith returns.

"Oh, huh?" she turns her attention back to the rockin' banshee. "I already got one, but tanks," she replies, gesturing with her head at the little plastic drink cup held by the prop on her back. "Ya was pretty diplomatic wit Persimmon dere. He can get on yous nerves pretty easy if you let 'em."

Then she flashes a toothy grin.

"Dis is actually turnin' out to be pretty nice. Just gettin' a chance to relax 'n sorta drop da whole princess bit fer a spell. It gets heavy, y'know? All dose people countin' on ya."

This is probably a great place for an interview. Sunder seems pretty unguarded right now. Maybe it's the few drinks she's had talking?

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Joking Jesters]

"Of course I came back, you seem like you're oodles of fun!"
    Faith has already been entirely forgotten in Persimmon's eternally ephemeral memory, which is now occupied by visions of being a super hero cape.

He even starts undulating his body as if billowing in a breeze!
    Although it's more easily compared to a moving ocean ribbon worm that died, or something less pleasant.
    "It wasn't hugging so much as violent dev-oh hey! Since you have a cape now, you need a super hero name!"
    So distractable.

[Refreshment Table]

Faith didn't really have to yell at Libby, she's still right here!
    Just waiting on Ivaz's sense of time to link up with hers, mostly.

Her not-waving hand does take up a blocking position further south though, with something approximating an appreciative smile from her face to Faith's general direction.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2018-10-08 at 11:39 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Entrance -> Foyer

Cassidy's uncovered eye gazes at Kram and Aurelia as they walk away, probably feeling smug about themselves. "...I'm gonna beat 'em up one day," she declares. "Probably you too, mister phantom man, but don't take it personal. Gotta get my fun somewhere, you know?" She lets out a quick laugh at Magtok before heading further in to the party, back to twirling her baseball bat in her hand.

...Only to stop once she reaches the foyer, and the Goblin Marines marching inside. She blinks at them, then whistles. "Okay I'm definitely in the wrong place, with these tough soldiers around? I gotta watch my back around here."
    "Yeah! We're super tough! We can take on any, uh... what was the word, Brinika?" squeaks the very small Leman Russ, having heard Cassidy.

"Aliens and heretics, Tuskfang. But we're not going to do any of that. We're just here to smite candy," the goblin-Guilliman says, grinning toothily.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #143

Foyer

Cassidy scratches at her cheek, just below her eyepatch. "Oh good, this heretic's off the hook for tonight then. That was scary!" She laughs again. "Candy should be smited on sight; that's what I always say. Never know when it could jump out and get ya."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Firbolg in the Playground

Giant Wallflower
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    For a moment Glavvy is incredibly confused. The only one who had spoken to him like this before was Her, and this voice definitely wasn't Her. If the skull is reading his emotions, they're incredibly confused. If it is reading his thoughts, they're little more than "Rawr?". However, after a bit the words seem to register through his still-animalistic mind and he gives a small nod. He'd killed the herbivore without much of a fight and it had filled his stomach for a week. He'd originally left the remains to bleach in the sun for scavengers, but eventually he'd returned after deciding to come to the event.

And he does have fingers! Just on very short arms and ending in claws. Still counts though.
    The skull twists back and forth, a shake of the head to answer Glavvy's confusion. Shame his thoughts weren't clearer. They would have liked to ask about Her. Anyone else who can talk this way is a person of interest. Of course, a giant long-tailed murder lizard is also a person of interest, so it's no great loss.
    Same. This skull used to belong to an intruder in our hive; he never saw me coming.
    Didn't eat the guy, though. Fed him to the dogs cleaning angels, and then ate those.

What brings someone like you to someplace like this?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Joking Jesters

"OK, I'll put it in a pocket and roll it later. Thank you, though." She puts the dice in a pocket of her dress, which is quite well hidden in the dress' folds. Then she turns to Jason and his ratty friends. "You have a warehouse? Whereabouts?" She'll probably know where to find it, considering she gave her job as self-employed tour guide. If it's interesting enough, she might add it to her tour, though she usually works as a private tour guide because that way she can vary the route to only include what she thinks that person would like to see.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

26. - Top - End - #146

[Refreshment Table]

"Got ya'." Faith remarks with a finger pointed at the pony-princess while grabbing her own plastic cup.
    She then gives Libby a quick two-fingered salute before taking a casual standing position next to Sunder, smiling back at her first statement and nodding in agreement to the next. "You got that right." The journalist replies as she stretches the arm she pulled off Persimmon with. "Nothin' like ending a rough week with a party where grunts and princesses are equal. Suppose that's what the costumes are for, right? To be someone else for a evening."

Faith takes a small sip of whatever cheap stuff Magtok was giving to his guests and if it didn't taste too terrible she takes a larger one, almost emptying the cup in one go. Then she gestures down at herself. "I mean, I almost dressed as one." Princess that is.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-10-08 at 04:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Refreshment Tables - We’ve Managed to Avoid Drowning Brawling!

”Yeah... yeah, I’m fine.” Blanche answers, idly trying to scrub the ugly stain of Kramolagh’s garish lipstick from the back of her hand. It wasn’t cooperating very well. ”I’m just generally a little on edge, and parties aren’t really my forte.” The Sniper Cat snags a couple peeled grapes - sorry, “human eyes” from a bowl, popping them in her mouth. That’s not good! Doesn’t Blanche know that grapes are bad for cats?

Wait, no. That’s dogs. Easy mistake.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

[Foyer]

"Yeah! So we'll get it first! Before it can get us!" The tiny Primarch of the Space Wolves bounces excitedly.

"That's right, Tuskfang. You're thinking like a hunter, just like your dad," Brinika says, before looking way up at Cassidy. "I don't really know a lot about those people or what they do, but their armor is cool and comes in so many colors. And there's a lot of us."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #149

Reunited => Phantom Pains

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Reunited

Renee looks over Magtok's shoulder, checking out the situation. "Nah, some creeping going on but everything is okay it looks like. Need me to watch over her?" She asks, kissing his cheek before letting go of the hug and standing straight up. "Really though, I missed you and I missed this place and if it is easiest, we can always just light someone on fire, set off the alarms, and call it a day." She points out before turning to look at the remains of her bike. "Gonna have to apologize to Aunt Jette over that one, but I've ran it too ragged. The mites will disassemble it though so no worries about there being a wreck on the lawn."

"Maybe 'watch over her' is a bit much, but if you could just glance her way now and then, and make sure she doesn't get drugged up and go home with the Nazi or his corpse bride, I'd owe you even more than I already do. Let's save the fire thing for Plan C, though. Talking to people nicely and kicking them out under threat of violence can be A and B," Magtok asks, before turning about to face the shenanigans going on in his foyer. Is that...did someone bring a pony's skin to the party? Gross. Fake Libitina's nudity isn't too much of a surprise, though. This wouldn't be the first time a Libitina tried to strip naked and make a scene, and Fake Libby seems to know her source material well. We should probably do something about that.

"We'll talk more later, I promise. You go have fun and party and remind all the primitive screwheads who the baddest girl in the room is. Your father has to go put out some metaphorical fires and try to keep this place from descending into an absolute curtaining nightmare," the cyborg explains, before striding away towards the fake Libby with a very real purple robe in his hand. I'm not entirely sure where it came from, or how his Phantom of the Opera costume could have such a thing concealed away, but there it is regardless.

"I leave you alone for two minutes and you're already making a scene. Your Libitina act is better than I would've originally given you credit for," Magtok practically hisses, extending the robe towards the psychopomp with venom in his eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

30. - Top - End - #150

No Arkh We Can't Just Be At The Refreshment Tables, Mags Will Get Mad

You should try drinking heavily. Nigel advises. Nigel aren't you supposed to be a doctor? That's how I always get through these things. He finally manages to push up his mask with his wrist, popping in some generic finger food, chewing a bit while he glances around the party. I swear I saw some massive woman carting around a cart full of alcohol. Should hit that up, I'll mix you something nice. He adds, after swallowing.

Show