New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dungeons the Dragoning 40k 7th edition - Going fishing

Oh. Well the people with the original contract are all dead or disappeared now. The PCs were sub-contracted by the (all dead) scientists.

But they do have two, live, viable, active, not-Tyrannid spores in a pair of old ammo cans. Mostly because decon missed Skabad's bag of holding (because it's techno-magic and the tecno part is on the fritz untill repaired) that they are in.

I'm sure they'll want to auction those off before they germinate.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

O hey, I remember what we're doing now. Or rather what was done. OK. Decon, talking to an insurance adjustor ("It wasn't our ship and it wasn't our fault. We'll tell the truth." gotta love their whole 'honesty as long as money isn't on the line' ethos and of course they completely failed to mention that they had the remaining not-tyrannid spores), and several weeks of healing up after major surgery. Velon got his lobster arm cut off and replaced by a cyber-limb. And then the shuttle to the super-station at the center of the Seven-Suns crystal sphere dropped them off at their now renovated ship.

Some hemming, some hawing, some "What do you mean that there are three vampire junior councilors taking up the nice diplomatic quarters on our ship? Who wanted a waterfall and a beach in there anyways?", some "Skabad's ally joined the Cocaine Wizards Guild, won a door prize at the meeting, and now one of our cargo holds has a 'Beware of Bear' sign? Better not ask questions". They finally broke down and talked to NPCs. That got them leads to finding a 'darkness artifact', particularly the following: Do !!Science!! on rocks and critters from Pandemonium. Go to an auction in Vivec City in Gehenna for drugs, sex, socializing, theft, and mayhem. Go hit up a suspicious 'space station' thing in the corona of Bytopia's sun because rumors.

They chose Pandemonium and bought a cargo truck.

Two of them still don't have flashlights, several don't have radios, and nobody has rope or duct tape, but by golly they've got extra ammo, a truck, and 400+ meter long spaceship with heavy plasma beam arrays and torpedo tubes.

Anyways they made it here, three weeks, uneventful trip. Got in near Ravenholm and set out driving the truck through the upper caves, where things are still pretty tame and trucks are still useful. Curly, the glittery playboy vampire councilor came with them since it was his idea to come here.

They got to Ravenholm after about 4 hours of driving. You've seen Fallout? The Vault doors? Those. Bug enough for side-by-side semi trucks. Standing open, the guard shacks burnt out and gutted, a slight moaning breeze and a few dust devils. Naturally the place is a ghost town, a bit run down with dist and wind all over. And little pyramids of stacked bones with a skull on top, and empty gun nearby, and a pile of shell casings or empty energy clips (I stole this from a book). Little bone pyramids all over. In the streets, in the buildings, in the walk in freezer in the restaurant, in the public toilets, behind locked doors, everywhere. Ok, not all of them had weapons and spent ammo next to them, but most did, easily 60%+. Apparently it managed to slightly creep them out. They just stopped at the first mining company they found, ransacked it for maps with 'unusual' stuff marked on them (got three, two unusual mineral marks and a skull + crossbones one), and took off.

Running across an area a few city blocks wide with no bones also weirded them out a little. They did investigate the 4 story building that was all boarded up on the lower levels and still had some intact windows on the upper levels. So they try the front door and a really minor arcane ward zaps Velon with 3 points of damage. Ok, take the hover bike up to the top and try the roof access. Same thing. Lobos got on top of the truck and jumped up to look in a window. 30 skeletons with laser rifles. After a brief spurt of adrenaline they realized that nobody was shooting. Check other windows. 30 skeletons, 45 skeletons, 40 skeletons, every room with a window. Plus crates of bones and piles of loose guns along the back walls. See, I thought of who could use some place where hanging around for hours leads to madness and death? Well a lich. High enough caster to throw down Teleport, doesn't need amenities, doesn't stay long, would like a nice secure spot/deathtrap to hide something. Fill a building with armed skeletons and put something valuable under the floorboards of the building across the street. After Velon Blinked in, got shot at, and Blinked back out, they decided to get back on track. Which was good since I keep a timer going for if they stay too long in Ravenholm. Of course the lich knew that his alarm wards had tripped and invisibly teleported back, but they weren't screwing with it's stuff so it just followed them.

They went to the exit that would lead to the road/path to the mine site with the skull and crossbones (no idea why they chose that one first) and found the door closed. Followed the power cables from the controls to a maintenance shed, flipped a circuit breaker (1 in 10 there's power <roll> 1, OK, there's power), went out, sent someone back in for the ammo boxes they'd seen in the shed and those were gone. So they left. Six or seven hours later they arrived at the mine site. Abandoned, antimatter reactor run dry, un-powered freight elevator going two kilometers down to the bottom shaft that had the 'interesting' thing. They fiddled with some cables and a pulley, hooked the truck up, released the brakes, and had Curly use the truck to lower the elevator.

At the bottom they found that someone had sealed up the shaft with stone blocks. Out came the melta gun and they had a softball sized hole after a few shots. Packed it with all the rocket launcher ammo they were carrying (Velon, Lobos, and Smythe. Skabad couldn't make it so they didn't have 100+ rockets) and got a hole big enough to crawl through. On the other side of the bricked up wall, dead dwarves! Well, frozen dead dwarves and a cold dirt tunnel with a chill wind howling up through it. A kilometer down the tunnel they got little snow drifts in crevices. half a klick further little drifts and the occasional snowball. Another half a klick and it became teeny snow dots connected by a lattice of rod-like ice crystals going up the walls. Further it got to the point of the walls and ceilings being covered in hand sized 10 legged snow/ice spider things. Lobos fooled with one and it nearly bit him before he dropped it. At the 3 km mark it was basketball sized ice spiders with legs the size of billy-clubs. At 3.5 km they found the mining equipment (iced up & frozen), more dead dwarves (with holes rasped into their heads), and there was mist. Mist that wasn't being blown or moved by the wind. A bit further and they turned a corner to find the really BIG ice spider-thing. There was some discussion, some hesitancy, and they decided that since it didn't seem to react to their presence that they would walk under it. Which worked fine until Velon tried to fireball it. He failed the casting roll but woke it up.

Some violence inherent in the system later they were all a bit battered and it was 'dead'. They took a couple of the 'seed crystals' from it's corpse, because looting is ingrained into anyone who plays D&D long enough. Didn't bother to wonder what they were, just cold blue crystals, right?Of course around the next corner there was a bigger one. And some of the small ones were beginning to wake up too. And then they realized that they were four kilometers from the wall and there were un-numbered hordes of the softball to basketball sized ice-spiders between them and the exit. They headed back.

They got back fine, collapsed the tunnel with some old TNT and lazpistol battery packs, and we stopped the game there for the night. Not bad for an improvised monster.

By the next week I had maps of tunnels, a map of a real cave system (although I'm probably not going to use it, exploring real caves is less adventuresome than you'd think), a deaf hippie yeti mining commune, some blind-and-deaf-so-use-radar predators that work in packs and live in a continual dust storm, umbra/shadow walking gibberlings that eat light, a blue hexapod cyber-bear that had it's legs replaced with chain-swords (Cocaine Wizard Guild meeting door prizes are pretty good apparently), a cyber-ninja T-rex with dual shuriken Gatling guns (I used the vehicle rules and am pretty pleased with the result), and a Call of Cthulhu Flying Polyp (plus a rough method to convert other CoC monsters).

We only had Velon and Smythe, so Curly had to take a more active role this session. Anyways they debated going through assorted caves and tunnels hoping for a clear path to the next site, or going back to Ravenholm and proceeding along the path that the maps from the mining company laid out. They went back to Ravenholm. Either they forgot that they had left the door open behind them or I forgot that. Either way, it was open. When they got inside the shack with the circuit breaker had been blown up. The lich likes Ravenholm as an uninhabited ghost town and step one to reversing that would be to close the doors. But they decided not to fool with the building full of skeletons and just went for the next exit so they could follow the map. That door was already open.

The map has instructions like "go around the lake avoiding the face-sucker nest", without saying if 'go around' means go left or go right. Anyways they avoided two animal/monster/critter encounters that way and almost made it past the shrine to Tzeentch. So, outer shrine area:
    https://c7.alamy.com/comp/C3NWW7/int...nce-C3NWW7.jpg
    And the inner shrine area:
    https://movieconfirmationbias.files....ig-trouble.jpg

Because I can, and it's funny.

Velon got out his "Vectron Rules!" t-shirt and had Smythe take a picture of him standing at the top of the escalator. There was a door behind him. Someone knocked. There followed a good ten minutes of hand wringing and indecision while I occasionally knocked on the table. Eventually Velon opened the door.

It was inevitable.

So for no really good reason they fought a major demon with a Slaneesh paint-job in a shrine of Tzeentch. She knew enchantment and conjuration spells. There were LOTS of warp effects going off this fight.The demon failed her 4k4 Willpower test against Velon's TN 15 vampire fear and couldn't approach him for the entire fight, which severely hindered her tactics. Smythe shot up the altar and the escalator with a melta gun, starting a minor fire. He also pulled of a called shot to her right butt-cheek. Gravity was semi-reversed by a Perils of the Warp roll for five rounds and everything fell upwards at a leisurely 3 meters/round, about 30-ish cm/second. That resulted in Smythe doing some low-G acrobatics among the pillars of the outer shrine. The Dominate spell has a range of ten meters. People kept ending up just two or three meters out of range so the demon used Command a lot to keep trying to draw them to her. There were some uses of Dispel to counter-spell, and some straight up failures to do so. Several Fireballs, although some had to be overcast to ensure that Velon or Curly got them off. Eventually she was low enough on hit points to want to pull back and heal up a bit, but the flubbed the targeting roll for Teleport by a little and ended taking teleport-into-the-wall damage (1k1 per 2m of depth, just like falling but with no way to mitigate it) and hiding in a back corner of the shrine slowly healing using resource points. Curly went to start the truck, Smythe waited by the door, Velon went to look around more... for "loots". Of course he stumbled across the daemon. There was a bit of a fuss, another fireball, a blood rain that made all casting automatically trigger a Perils of the Warp roll, and then the daemon cast Encore on Velon before teleporting out again (actually back to the same room she originally came out of). Velon, unfortunately, had just overcast False Life for more temporary hit points. Encore makes the victim repeat their previous round's action for <caster level> rounds. So Velon max overcast False Life four more times.

More insanity, a purple and squidly right arm (which apparently is much cooler than the lobster arm), and a psychic boot to the head that did him in for fatigue > Constitution. Smythe dragged him out of there before the daemon reappeared and they took off. But they got a cool picture!

Well see what the next session brings.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

They went back in...
    They went back in!
    They. Went. Back. In.

Ok, more on that later.
    I have both summoning rules and an app. For summoning critters I've worked out the following: You need a Name, a summoning circle, a ritual, and possibly a container.

Summoning
    Spoiler
    Show

First the name. There are, technically, an infinite number of possible daemons and elementals (and other assorted spirits I guess). Therefore anything you can hammer out on a keyboard (an a large number of thing you can't) is the name of a daemon. The big issue here is which daemon it is and what it has going on. Bob the Malodorous could be a threat level zero elemental minion or a daemon prince of the highest power. As in Call of Cthulhu calling up what you can't put back down is a bad idea. There's also the fact that Bob might be dead, or imprisoned, or wandering around a crystal sphere and not even in the Warp where he's summonable. This means that those musty tomes (or bloated data files too, I guess) full of daemon names are important because they'll also tell you things like relative power level, availability, vulnerable to coercion or bribes, and if you need a gas mask after the summoning. So the process starts with a Forbidden Lore + Intelligence test (free raises for being able to do research in grimories) at 15 + 10 per threat level of who you want. This does mean that even a lesser daemon is a 35 TN and a greater is a 55 TN, unless you already have a name of course. I mean, you'll end up with a name anyways, just not the one you want depending on how much you miss the target number by. Probably by +/- a level per check with a 70% chance of getting something weaker than you wanted. Part of the reason for the really high check is a) hero points, b) the availability of assorted bennies to knowledge & research checks, and c) at this point retries are still a thing as long as you have time and resources. I'm thinking that grimories with names are going to provide a flat bonus of about 1/5th their wealth test TN and can only help with summoning things of a level equal to the book's bonus-1. So a grimorie with greater daemon names is going to run a 25 TN wealth test, which puts it at expensive and wealth stressing for all but the richest people. Sounds good to me. The time this will take is a week per level of the thing you're trying to get, with the resulting time divided by the number of raises above the TN.
    Second comes setting up the summoning circle and trap. Arcana + Wisdom (precision and patience are more important than smarts here) vs. 20 + 5 per level of the summons. Time is 1 hour, +1 to the roll per additional hour up to a max of +15. If you intend to trap the summons it requires a gem of wealth test TN 5 + 5 per level of the summons, or 15 less than the TN of making the circle I guess. Raises and failure here don't really do anything. Well, for failure you'll have to remake the circle I guess.
    Third is the ritual of summoning. Conjuration + Willpower vs. 25 + 5 per level of the summons. Base time is one hour, you can get another +1 to the roll for every 2 more hours you spend, up to a maximum of +10 (+20 hours for the max bonus and I'm gonna call for a Con test TN = time for fatigue if it's over 6 or 7 hours). Failure at this step is
    Congratulations you've summoned something. If you didn't summon it into a trap gem then you'll probably get right into social combat to get it to agree to something (with a pool of +1k0 dice equal to the raises you got on the summoning test). If it's trapped... well since you can't communicate with it in there I hope you have a plan for when you let it out. And letting it out is just a command word or an Arcana/Conjuration test vs TN 15.

App
    Spoiler
    Show

So I've written an app for android devices for DtD40k7e. It's my expanded perils of the warp tables, a die roller, and a statistical calculator (brute force method). I'll put it up on my bitbucket account an link it here. If you don't know how to side load an APK don't ask me. I don't know because I use the debugger function of the IDE to install them on my devices. Ask uncle Google.
    Anyways it works, it's not really pretty, there's no real help functions, and it is very not fool proofed. On the other hand it is pretty simple so far and crashes gracefully. Just restart it and try again. I've built this thing for my use to help me run the game, I may add more features later (I'm thinking the crit charts, a spaceship combat tracker/roller, and possibly loading the default critters/monsters into a file for display). Caveat emptor, capies ut pendes, it's free.

Velon, Smythe, and Vila Lobos this week. Oh the bravery we discover in ourselves when someone with full health and a decent gun shows up.

They went back in.

They snagged a 15 kilo gilt reliquary with a withered raisin left nut of a saint of Tezeench in it. Probably all part of some insanely twisted plot somewhere. I have no idea what it should do, if anything. I'm open to suggestions. They ignored basically everything else. Well, on checking I didn't mention the fist sized black diamond last week. Velon has that, it's the summoning trap focus for the daemon they fought. Which means it's a very rare item, about on par with power armor. Yay, 'phat lewtz'.
    Anyways the daemon didn't show herself (failed the perception check as she was lounging away in the skull room trying to decide what to do) and they didn't enter the inner temple. Which means that they went out the little back door. The little back door that I just sort of threw in to fill on a particularly empty wall. Yeah, players. Luckily I'd had a week to figure out what was out there.

About 50 meters of rough hewn tunnel ending in a camouflaged door (camouflaged from the outside, there was just a deadbolt and a handle on the inside). They opened that to a large cavern with random boulders, wandering dust devils, and pits of gravel. They were initially thinking gravel filled potholes in a road, so I clarified that they were about 3 or 4 meters across and fairly loose without a lot of leveling. Flashlights on, they wandered on in. Cue my dark gibberlings. Minions, using a d12 instead of a d6 to track the numbers, keep 4, defense 10, threat 1, speed 9. So right off the bat they're faster than everyone else movement-wise, rolling 10k6 (ganging up bonus factored in), and doing 5 + (5 * raises) for damage. And there were lots of pits. Like 30ish drawn on the map (at 6 meters per hex) and the mat was only big enough for about 1/3rd the cavern.

Did I mention that their eyes absorbed light and that the effect got stringer as more of them woke up? Or that it's a fear test equal to the number of groups within sight when they get close? Yup, this is what the party is here for and it's what depopulated Ravenholm. I also had something waiting in the umbra/spirit world if Skabad had been here and checking, like more of the buggers in there trying to get out if anyone gave them a chance.

Anyhow, almost instant perils of the warp as Velon blinked towards the exit. Tech scorn! Guns jammed, electronics failed (flashlights!), cybernetics had to make a Constitution test or take damage, and there was much griping with dire threats and foul looks. Then the gibberlings got into melee and opened with an 86 attack roll on Lobos. Even after a decent dodge and his high defense that scrum took almost half his hit points. Some knife fighting in the dark, some reloading, some automatic fire, a fireball, more perils (empathic connection & metals corroding), and several stunts later they were back in the tunnel with the door shut and a single clump of gibberlings in there with them. Well they killed those of course, minions aren't tough in small numbers, but nobody had any hit points, everyone had taken a light crit or two, plus Velon and Lobos ended up downed by fatigue (induced by crits and a peril).

As Smythe was dragging them and a gibberling corpse back out he ran into the daemon. Of course. Because when your day is effed it just has to get worse before it gets better. She said (I'm paraphrasing here) 'WTF?', he said something reasonably amusing an understated, and a quick roll later she agreed to let them go if he gave her half an hour alone with the vampire. Thus Velon's innocence (whatever was left of it anyways) went bye-bye while he was unconscious. At least that's what they're assuming, actually he has a quick scarified tattoo/daemon pattern on his back now. Not that any of them looked, they're just happy to have gotten away with all the limbs and sanity that they went in with. I'm not sure what's going to happen with that but you know it can't be good.

They left. Holed up in a dead end for a couple hours. They reread the healing rules and groaned a bit. Really Velon can turn hero points and fatigue (nibbling other people as a vampire for resource points) into hit points pretty well now. It's the slowly stacking crits that take a week each to heal they're worrying about now. Some hours later they high centered on a rock in a dust storm cavern and fought three radar-cheetahs. They didn't think about trying to track them through the dust with their radar pings, they just took the hits and used readied actions to kill them off. The poor things are insanely fast and have decent defense and attacks, but no armor and low damage & resilience. Still one managed to claw through the back of the cab of the truck (they left it open) before being blasted out through the side wall.

They made it to the tie-dyed deaf/mute hippie yeti mining camp. Rested there for a couple days, fixed the truck, got directions to the kilometer wide broken stone mystic seal over a gaping hole with blasting hot winds coming out of it. That's where they're going next. To go play with the flying polyps that I converted from Call of Cthulhu, a whole city of them. And they've awoken the dark gibberling horde, which is hungry of course, and might be following them.

What I really like about the DtD system is that the characters are awesome. We started with a rocket launcher to the head and a 200 meter long demon-fish, and now I've hit them with a major daemon and 500ish rather dangerous minions in short order (or they hit themselves with 'em, same difference). They're battered, bloody, using up hero points, losing limbs, stunting, and winning. I have completely stopped worrying about how tough fights are, just make sure there's a plausible escape route or two and give them an awesome encounter. I'd like to be using the social combat system a little more but that's just not this group. For being made on 4chan as a joke this system hangs together really well. The only thing I'd like a little more streamlined would be the damage system, the division of damage by resilience is almost awkward. But it works really well. A character can be a nimble dodge monkey, or an armored tank, or a really tough brick, but not all at once and not to such an extent that they're ever blasé about combat. I don't know that I could really get something easier for a damage system or streamline it without having to change too much.

So I have to figure out about the relic. Figure out about the thing on Velon's back. Decide if the dark gibbering horde overruns the mining camp before, during, or after they get back from the polyp pit. I'm open to suggestions.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

I realized that bitbucket might not be good for sharing this. Google drive it is.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O9...__O_0AVBmQb6nu

On undocumented and nearly unsupported apk

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, has it really been a month? Oy. You'd think that family and jobs got in the way of recreational activities. I still don't have the last three session written up, but here's what I di have.

Session 1: Basically one long fight. They went out to the kilometre wide broken seal and went down a corkscrew ledge around the edge of the pit. Drove off the first flying polyp after all taking a bit of damage and crashing (but not destroying) the hover bike. They went further down and got attacked by two more polyps, drove real fast to get down into the mist at the bottom of the pit. Drove around a bit, got attacked again, took a bit more damage, drove off. Went back up the ramp a bit and did a jump into a 'window' in one of the basalt towers. Looked around at weird alien stuff, didn't bother to take any of it, then started descending levels. Since these buggers all naturally fly there's just a big hole in one part of the floor. The +18 manoeuvre rating on the hover bike was basically the only reason they kept succeeding on enough rolls to not die in here. They fought with several more flying polyps, damaging some, fleeing from others, managing to actually kill one. They kept going down past more polyps, just speeding past at near max velocity until the got to the bottom some 120 levels down. There really wasn't anything down thee but some weird tools and indecipherable swirly pattern writings on the walls. They took pictures and went back up. the polyps were waiting at various points and would hit them as they went past. They got out with no wounds left, several crits each, and the bike at one hit point before it got destroyed.

Session 2: Back to the hippie yeti mining camp. All dark, all dead, gates collapsed. Velon and Lobos took the hover-bike and started doing a circle, they got about 1/3rd of the way around and stopped when they started seeing the little dug up/in gravel pits all over between the camp and the edge of the cave. Turned back, snuck in over the back wall, found that all the yetis had been skeletonized and turned into little bone pyramids with the skull on top. Snuck around a bit more, found that the power plant was flooded, determined that was because there was a mass of thousands of the dark gibberlings gummed up under the turbines. Got a cutting torch, figured out the farthest and most sheltered spot from the gate, climbed back over to the outside, and cut a large hole. Several surprisingly high stealth rolls later they were making off with a work truck and one of the laser turrets that they'd dismounted from the wall.

They then realized that about a kilometre of those gravel pits were between them and the exit to the cavern. Apparently not feeling like risking a high speed dash over bad terrain through howling mobs of gibberlings they came up with a cunning plan. A pretty good one, simple enough to be hard to screw up and very plausible. They pulled the sound system out of their truck and put it in the truck they'd 'liberated' from the dead guys, loaded in some thrash metal, turned on the lights and music, dropped a rock on the accelerator and sent it off towards where they weren't going. Only about 200 dark gibberlings chased them towards the exit, making it a good 95% success rate. Curly made some pretty decent drive rolls to keep up enough speed to stay ahead while dodging rocks and bad terrain until they got a couple klicks away and into a narrower part of the tunnel. They had him slow down and let the gibberlings start catching up, starting to pick them off at range. When they were at about 50 they stopped the truck and finished almost all of them off at close range. The interior of the back of the truck was trashed when they tried to lock 8 gibberlings in there, they ripped a hole in the side wall two rounds later. The truck took a little damage s they swarmed over, under, around, tore off the doors, Curly dropped a point blank fireball... You know, the usual. Anyway once you're down to two minions they're pretty helpless. The last two were grappled, pinned, and welded to the exterior side of the truck with some spare cable, strips of the torn off doors, and the arc welder function of a multi-tool. All in all they lost the sound system and made up for it with continual screaming and gibbering.

It took them most of a day in the newly air-conditioned truck to reach Ravenholm again. As they passed through they wanted to swing by the skeleton building again. This time there's something like 180 skeletons with guns standing in neat ranks in the street outside. They remembered that there had been lots of skeletons behind the remaining windows of the building too. It was decided to leave well enough alone.

They got back to the ship, put the gibberlings on ice (ok, fine, medical hibernation units in the advanced sick bay, with locks and warning signs), and spent a couple weeks healing up their crits. In the meantime the hover-bike and truck were repaired. They had the crew whack up some home-made sonar HUDs out of intercom parts and laptops, one for the truck and the other for the turret. Installed a small secondary nuclear reactor in the truck to power the multi-laz turret, now stuck on the right rear corner (Velon could probably just buy a light tank every month with Wealth 3 back in civilization, but noooo). Installed a cage in the back of the truck and lured the blue six-chainsword-legs cyber-doom-bear in there with lines of coke from Tordram's stash. Made plans to go to the last spot that was marked on the maps.

I suppose so many years of D&D and D&D-likes have given them a sense that everything is a "quest" and needs to be completed. I'm just keeping track of the "something bad has happened somewhere" perils of the warp that get rolled (8 so far). Curly has what he came for and thus declined to risk un-life and limb to satisfy random curiosity. It was also noted that they could probably stop in almost any other mining company headquarters and find other similar maps with 'weird thing here' marked on them. Pandemonium being what it is that's absolutely true.

Session 3: Back out, through Ravenholm yet again, avoiding the lich hideout. Drove until they came across a giant footprint, one of the 15 meters long by a meter and a half deep. Got all excited but kept going (after the session I statted up Godzilla and the tarrasque just in case). They made a random perception check, bonus for driving by sonar, and found a fake boulder. Weirdly enough a basic steel chain and combination lock stopped them for a couple minutes. I'm going to have to try a low end bicycle lock next. Eventually they unscrewed the hinges on the door and went in, Velon backed the truck up to the entrance after them and crawled under the truck to get inside. They got to a room with some steel barrels, crates, beds with kind of half mummified and half rotted bodies in them, and another door in the side wall. Lobos and Smythe checked out the door, Velon poked the bodies. Naturally the plague zombies got up and started moving. Six level 1 shambling undead are not a real threat, the energy-ball spell that blew open the fuel barrels was the dangerous thing. Plus they let the bear out to see what it would do.

The bear killed some zombies, people killed some zombies, everyone but Lobos got set on fire, everybody got burned, they made off with a couple crates of pirate loot, Lobos blew a bunch of pressure and a hero point rolling animal ken to convince the bear to go back into the truck.

Next up: Needs a car wash. Chainsword duelling. Not visiting family.