New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: [BC's HQ]

Oliver smiles a little. "What does it matter if I believe in what you do as long as I do what's needed? But of course, if you don't want The Obese Offender on your team, I can always leave." He speaks with a tone that suggests can always find somebody else to hire him. Which is technically true.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Aran's Condo

"Hmm. I'm not sure. I've not done this for a long time." Ursagridd thinks a moment. "Meditation, I think. Try and find what's inside you, how the power reacts to your body. Do you know how to meditate?" Hopefully he learnt how when trying to get in contact with his natural powers, before he was desperate enough to approach Ursagridd.
    Aran’s Condo

Aran is unsure about this question.
    ”I mean, maybe? I tried to, but I never got any real results. I even built a machine to help me, but I never figured out if it actually did anything. Still have it in the basement.” he admits before going back to his breakfast.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #753
    Halfling in the Playground

[Sagittarius Towers - Night]

Fettina will reach out and gently touch her fingers to the spot where the wound was. Definitely not a great excuse to touch Cantie's skin, nooope. "Thank God that's over. Do you feel better? Is there anywhere else?" asks she with a sigh, looking up. She never leaves Cantata's side while the process finishes. The neon girl pushes a half-glowing liquid metal strand of hair out of her face with an absent gesture. She does her best to read Cantie's movements and face, but she's still calming down. "I'm sorry. I would have explained what it was but I thought you were, like, gonna bite it right here..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #754
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [BC's HQ]

The puppet shakes its head, twisting from side to side.
    "Best be on your way then. If you're not committed, if you're just some mercenary, you wouldn't get far here."
    It smiles its hollow puppet smile.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"That was before you had power to tap. Now you do- my power. You can use the machine, if you want. I would like to see it." Ursagridd's fascinated by technology, in part because he has absolutely no idea how any of it works- making it magical to him, in a way magic isn't, as he's got an innate understanding and command of magic.

He's also totally finished his breakfast.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran's Condo]

Aran grins. "Well, all right. We'll go try it. I admit I'm curious if it will do anything." he says, going into a closet and pulling out a large machine mounted onto a rack. It has many dull rings around it, which will probably light up though Ursagridd probably wouldn't figure that out.
    "It was just supposed to be on while I was sitting down, help me draw something out. Clearly it never did."

7. - Top - End - #757
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The puppet shakes its head, twisting from side to side.
    "Best be on your way then. If you're not committed, if you're just some mercenary, you wouldn't get far here."
    It smiles its hollow puppet smile.
    Oliver laughs. "You're passing up a big opportunity here. Maybe you could explain what you want to do, and maybe then I could understand your purposes and help." Oliver begins to discreetly put his hand on his dagger, just in case something goes wrong.

8. - Top - End - #758

Default [BC's HQ]

The puppet's head jerks, looking the Obese Offender up and down.
    "Uh-uh. If you're that good, you don't need us to tell you. Convince us of your value."
    Or it'll start going wrong.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #759
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

Ursa doesn't figure out the rings can glow. He hasn't yet fully connected the ideas of flicking a switch and the light coming on or turning off.

Ursagridd follows, and he'll look the device over, though he literally doesn't know what he's looking at. "Do you need me to do anything with this?" He's trusting Aran to know if it's safe, so he's not worried. He might be a little close, though.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The puppet's head jerks, looking the Obese Offender up and down.
    "Uh-uh. If you're that good, you don't need us to tell you. Convince us of your value."
    Or it'll start going wrong.
    Oliver sighs. "I'm good, but the problem is that I don't understand you. If you elaborated on your motivations, then maybe I would agree. Of course, you could keep being secretive and we end up never seeing eye to eye, which I would assume would be bad for the both of us. If you look up my history, you can see my value, but I have none if I don't agree with you. So, teach me." Oliver suddenly feels a dagger won't be enough if anything goes downhill, so he's trying to be agreeable.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Underside]

The elevator descends into the underground with surprising silence. Once it arrives, it's in an open space on the bottom of the chasm, where the passengers can disembark into four directions. Reelshka leads the family in the direction the bridge was leading into, through a small side-passage along the side of the underground valley.

The passage leads towards a large construction built into the wall, with a runic goblin script reading "Family Archives". The doors open as the family approach, along with some other goblins. They enter a very large room with a central column that seems covered in a runic script, as are the walls. The only parts not covered in writings are a series of doors on the far side. Some goblins in robes mill about, and one of them cries in dismay when he sees Reelshka.

"One below, it's her again!"

"Shut up!" another one hisses, before shuffling over to the family. "So, uh... Mrs. Trollfinger, here to write in another member of your family?"

"Two, actually. And my sister is here to declare adoption."

"That's right. Cheasadh here is our daughter now."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Underside

Cheasadh smiles at the goblin in robes. "Hi! I'm Cheasadh, pleased to meet you!" She's smiling and dressed smartly and waves, and hopes he waves back. Though that seems unlikely.

She's interested in the surroundings, but currently far more interested in the people. The robed goblins look very interesting, so they're what she's concentrating on at the moment.

Underside

"Do not fret. We have brought a gift to show our appreciate for all of your hard work." Pathfinder says, a smile on his muzzle as he goes to his cart to offload one of the small pony kegs. The Wolfen sets it down on the table. "It is spiced mead from my tribe. Perhaps it might be a little early in the day for such, but for all of the hard work you all do, there should be no problems with taking a break to relax a bit." As he talks, he grabs a small leather bag filled with even smaller wooden goblets. Hopefully more than enough for those present.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Sagittarius Roof]

Fettina mostly watches and lies still, awestruck, as Nora goes through her mighty ritual. Around the time the beams of light appear, Fettina lies straight instead of with her hands behind her head, trying to seem more respectful toward the powers at work here.

Nothing prepares her for that scythe. Fettina screams as loud as she can muster, sitting bolt upright and snatching at the front of her throat. "What the ****. Nora, what the ****! What is the matter with you!" She could have warned a girl her magic was going to be so damned terrifying! "I thought I was dead!"
    Sagittarius Roof

Nora reaches up, gripping her own throat and uses her other hand to throw her veil and staff aside before pointing at first Fettina and then the entrance to the roof. "Go." She croaks, her voice weak and fading before she spits out a gob of bloody phlegm. "Voice taken. Spells takes a bit." She explains before coughing up more blood. "Will visit lat-." And finally a glowing slash appears on her throat for a brief moment, the same arc she'd hit Tina with, and her voice is taken from her.

12. - Top - End - #762

Default [BC's HQ]

"The problem is, you lack the will to power, the drive to something that will sharpen your skills to a razor's edge. Depart. come back when you are desperate."
    The puppet bows to Oliver and steps to stand in front of the door. He is dismissed.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #763
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "Umm... yeah... I'm sorry I didn't do a better job protecting you," Sardis grouses.

Seems he takes the mission his mom gave him pretty seriously.

"Those were the gross pod people mom is worried about. Maybe we should use that detector you made to be sure there aren't any hiding anywhere?" he suggests.

That would probably be wise.

Having a gross worm eat one of them from the inside out would be a bad time.
    [Ravanys' Home]

Hannah will go to give Sardus a reassuring pat on the shoulder. Hey, you did what you could. Can't ask for more than that.

At his suggestion, Hannah nods a bit. Oh, yeah. Good idea.

She'll stroll over to the table she left it on, pick it up, and turn it on. She stands with it for a minute, slowly spinning around on the spot, fiddling with the sliders on it. She frowns slightly.

Hm...I think this is a bit buggy. Mostly reading clear, but it picks something up that way sometimes. She points towards the front of the building. Nothing strong. And most of the time it reads clear. Maybe it's some leftover energy? Hm...

Hannah sets the device down, grabs a screwdriver and a cable, and plugs it into one of her computers before taking the cover off. She seems to have gotten distracted by this potential problem.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #764

Post Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Sagittarius Towers - Night]

Fettina will reach out and gently touch her fingers to the spot where the wound was. Definitely not a great excuse to touch Cantie's skin, nooope. "Thank God that's over. Do you feel better? Is there anywhere else?" asks she with a sigh, looking up. She never leaves Cantata's side while the process finishes. The neon girl pushes a half-glowing liquid metal strand of hair out of her face with an absent gesture. She does her best to read Cantie's movements and face, but she's still calming down. "I'm sorry. I would have explained what it was but I thought you were, like, gonna bite it right here..."
    Sagittarius Towers

Cantata shivers ever so slightly as her pale skin meets Fettina's metallic fingertips, giving the angel a ever-so-slightly weakened smile and a thumbs up. She starts to shake her head but then pauses before giving a so-so gesture, unzipping the back of her dress with a little difficulty and slight discomfort before pulling it down to reveal a few varying bruises on her sides and abdomen - all of which are now fading away. Moving a hand towards Fettina's own and clasping her wrist tightly, she looks up towards her, trying her best to tell her that everything is fine with a sincere gaze and a reassuring smile. After a short pause, she slips out of the garment entirely - though not quite as much grace as she'd like - and frowns in clear disappointment at its ruined state. Interestingly, Cantata doesn't seem too bashful being just in her underwear.

Thank you, I She pauses for a second, before deleting and rewriting. I'm sorry I caused you so much distress, I can't thank you enough.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

15. - Top - End - #765
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"The problem is, you lack the will to power, the drive to something that will sharpen your skills to a razor's edge. Depart. come back when you are desperate."
    The puppet bows to Oliver and steps to stand in front of the door. He is dismissed.
    Oliver frowns, brow furrowed. "Are you calling me unmotivated? I am not unmotivated." This isn't part of the act at all, and Oliver has forgotten for the moment about his mission.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

[Underside]

"It is nice to be appreciated," says a... very small lady archivist with broad ears. "People just come here to get their new kids chiselled into the stone, or mark a marriage between two families, or to argue if their famous ancestor was really theirs."

"Bringing alcohol into the archives is highly irregular."

"Oh, don't get hung up on that. This isn't our alcohol, it's from a different culture. Do you want us to be snobs and disrespect his customs?"

"Let's have a taste before we start arguing, shall we? It's not like you and the other curmudgeons have much of a leg to stand on after we wrote little... uh..."

"Tuskfang."

"Tuskfang, yes, into the archive. Unless you want to argue about the shape of their faces."

"That kid at least mostly looked like a goblin..." the reluctant archivist grumbles, but he seems to realize he's outnumbered and disadvantaged by the offer of alcohol.

An archivist in a simpler robe approaches Cheasadh, Brinika and their parents, a piece of paper in hand.

"So, uh... while that is going on, I'm going to need you to state affirmatively and declaratively that you want to enter the family of Rapnuk Sneergrim-Quartzcrush-Trollfinger-Hacknee-Rocksprout and Tralka Trollfingter-Mossdeep-Sneergrim-Rubynose-Deepstep." He scratches his ear. "And I'm told that the precedent is to incorporate the naming traditions of a non-goblin entering a goblin family on a case-by-case basis, so I hope the higher-ups don't get drunk too quickly, because I need them for that."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-03-25 at 04:15 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

Underside

"Yes, I do. Is there any words I need to use, or does it not matter?" It's quite a lot of names the two have, more than Cheasadh had realised. In gnome society, it'd be quite impressive, a total of seven names each. That level of mutual length is pretty rare in gnomes; the nature of 'achievement names' means that usually one parent has one or two more than the other. Gnome rulers might be different, though- the difference between names and titles is pretty slim.

Incorporating gnome traditions might not be a great idea, as it would leave Cheasadh coming back down here in the future for amendments and additions.

18. - Top - End - #768

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver frowns, brow furrowed. "Are you calling me unmotivated? I am not unmotivated." This isn't part of the act at all, and Oliver has forgotten for the moment about his mission.
    The puppet jerks unsteadily. He's still talking? Better answer.
    "I'm saying you don't look motivated to me. How are you going to prove it?"
    He has a bit of pride, this Offender. Maybe that's the key to figuring him out.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #769
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Oliver thinks for a moment, staring at the puppet angrily. "Not much I can do to prove it off the top of my head. Maybe if you gave me a task of some sort I could prove it, or, if not, I may have the slightest idea." Oliver has remembered the mission and has realized he may be able to prove his point at the same time he makes his way into the cartel.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-03-26 at 10:15 AM.

20. - Top - End - #770

Default [BC's HQ]

Or an idea he's had the whole time.
    "The assigner of tasks hasn't been here for a while." The puppet explains apologetically.
    "And besides, tasks are full of motivation."
    It remains in front of the closed door.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

21. - Top - End - #771
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sagittarius Towers

Cantata shivers ever so slightly as her pale skin meets Fettina's metallic fingertips, giving the angel a ever-so-slightly weakened smile and a thumbs up. She starts to shake her head but then pauses before giving a so-so gesture, unzipping the back of her dress with a little difficulty and slight discomfort before pulling it down to reveal a few varying bruises on her sides and abdomen - all of which are now fading away. Moving a hand towards Fettina's own and clasping her wrist tightly, she looks up towards her, trying her best to tell her that everything is fine with a sincere gaze and a reassuring smile. After a short pause, she slips out of the garment entirely - though not quite as much grace as she'd like - and frowns in clear disappointment at its ruined state. Interestingly, Cantata doesn't seem too bashful being just in her underwear.

Thank you, I She pauses for a second, before deleting and rewriting. I'm sorry I caused you so much distress, I can't thank you enough.
    [Sagittarius Towers]

"Whoah, uh, hey, should I--" Fettina is taken a little off-guard by the dress-discarding, but that grasp and that smile keep her from looking away. Well, that isn't all. Cantata looked damn good. She could appreciate that even if she couldn't feel anything for her right now.

"Hey, it's... it's fine. Anyone woulda done the same thing," Fettina says, a little bashfully. She's not in this position very often. "Honey, do you want something to wear? My stuff might be a little small in the..." She makes a clutching motion at her chest, and then grins. "But I have some bigger shirts that aren't really mine too."

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Sagittarius Roof

Nora reaches up, gripping her own throat and uses her other hand to throw her veil and staff aside before pointing at first Fettina and then the entrance to the roof. "Go." She croaks, her voice weak and fading before she spits out a gob of bloody phlegm. "Voice taken. Spells takes a bit." She explains before coughing up more blood. "Will visit lat-." And finally a glowing slash appears on her throat for a brief moment, the same arc she'd hit Tina with, and her voice is taken from her.
    Sagittarius Roof

"Nora, what," Tina exclaims. "I didn't tell you to blow out your voice for me. Jesus, what's the matter with you!" She comes forward and tries to help the poor mage to her feet. "Let me get you to your bed at least. Come on."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2019-03-28 at 10:16 AM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #772

Sagittarius Roof

As Tina attempts convince Nora to not nearly kill herself with magic, she is overwhelmed by a sudden intense headache, feeling as if her head is being split into two. As if a part of her very being just got cut out.

Nora, on the other hand, will suddenly feel rejuvenated. That which likely would have taken weeks to recover from is healed in but a blink of an eye. But at the same time, all the non-human features she have been gaining during all these time will start to recede. They are replaced by a pair of large wings made of pure light which suddenly emerges from her back. A pale blue-ish purple which soon starts to radiate from her entire body, especially her hair which like the wings now seem to be made of it and has started to float as if it was in water. While the glow itself does not appear to be radioactive, Nora will likely recognize it as the same glow as radiation have in water.

Tina herself will feel lessened somehow, yet at the same time she feels more erotically charged. As opposed to the complete lack of arousal that she has been feeling ever since she become this angel, but not nearly as much as she felt when she was normal.

Yet, as the two undeniable will look at each other, they will feel as if they have a deeper connection than they could have preciously imagined. All the newfound erotic feelings Tina have gained seem completely focused on the changed Nora who will feel the same way. If they had ever heard someone justifying why they would choose to marry out of "love" and be with one person their entire life rather than many, this would be the feeling they described. This is the feeling they're feeling towards one another right now.

But as they no doubt are confused, Tina suddenly speaks up. Or at least something using Tina's mouth as she isn't uttering these words herself. Something is using her body against her will.
    "Nora, what the hell are you doing?! I mean, you couldn't have know but..." 'Tina' sigh in frustration. "This is Lady Tellysandra of KABAL speaking and the person you attempted to cure, Tina, is caught in a little feud between MERC and KABAL. Nothing serious, or at least wasn't intended as such until you started screwing with it. I don't know what you've done, but the spell is all out wack now. I suggest you report back to me right away, and take your friend with you, if you want this over with." Tina will be completely unable to stop 'herself' from speaking but will otherwise be in complete control over her body. When whatever is making her mouth speak for it isn't speaking she will have full control over her mouth again.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-03-29 at 09:21 AM.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Sagittarius Roof

Nora's eyes widen as the feeling of rejuvenation and empowerment well up inside of her, but she's forced to gasp for air as the transformation bursts forth from her body. It wasn't painful at all, and that was perhaps the most surprising part of it. Even when her mouth seals over and all her stolen traits are suppressed, she feels good. By the end of it, when she gets back to her feet, she stumbles for a moment to lean against the rooftop entrance as she blinks and stares at Tina. At first she doesn't know what's going on with all the new desires and thoughts and I just wanna hold her SO much running through her head, but then her Boss speaks and brings her thoughts back to crystal clarity and back to reality.

"Boss?!? What the heavens is going on here?!?"
    Nora demands, eyes narrowing and jaw clenching. Despite her voice being stolen and lacking a mouth, her vocalized thoughts are heard clearly around her. The odd sound of it makes her pause, reaching up to feel where her mouth used to be and she stops her foot, causing the her hair and wings to flare up for a moment. Even the rose tattoo on her stomach and chest flares up, the blossoms turning dangerously deep blue-purple before she holds out her hands to her sides and closes her eyes to calm down. She could feel how dangerous it would be to lose her temper now, even if she felt a Call to do so.

"...Boss, let me get this straight. You did something to my good friend, Tinael, a- She pauses, momentarily confused by how she twisted the name Tina before deciding that it simply fit and continues. "And whatever you did wasn't a curse, but was at least powerful enough to withstand a full on Purge spell that could have stripped a fortification of most enchantments? And not just that, but spread to me while I was especially vulnerable and weakened?"

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran’s Condo]

”You’re fine.” says Aran as he flicks on the machine, even though Ursa’s lack of personal space in examining the machine results in his belly pressing into Aran’s face a bit.
    Immediately the machine hums to life, lights glowing.
    ”Huh. I think it might be doing something.” he says. And it seems like it is. Ursagridd will probably be able to feel as the machine draws out Aran’s power. Which of course comes from his spirit partner, being Ursa. Hopefully he has power to spare. A few curly hairs pop into place on Aran’s chin as the machine funnels the bear’s energy into him.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

Ursa does have power to spare, and he feels it being pulled into Aran, but he backs away anyway, and tries to fight the machine- not to stop it from pulling his power away, though. He's trying to keep his power from being pulled away too fast; Ursagridd is a small god, and Aran's just a mortal. Too much of that energy, too fast, and Aran could explode. Or do something else, instead, but Ursa doesn't know. It's not something he's ever encountered before, and it's worrying him a little- but he remains confident in Aran and trusts his witch to know what he's doing.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran's Condo]

Aran gives a content sigh and lets his head fall back, eyes closed. He certainly seems to be enjoying the rush of power entering his shape right now. He doesn't seem like he has a good understanding of what's going on, only that he feels good. As the bear-magic flows into him his cheeks continue to darken with hair, and Ursa might even swear that his clothes look less loose.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

Ursa's managed to get things under control enough he's happy, and sighs. His eyes are closed, but when he opens them he frowns at Aran. Is something changing about him? It looks as though there might be. "Um, Aran?" It's not much of a disturbance, and Aran might miss it, but he might not, too. Ursagridd's quite certain something's changing about Aran, and it's probably not ageing. That's not quite so quick.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran's Condo]

"Yes, Ursagridd?" Aran says without looking up, clearly in bliss. The machine continues to pull hungrily at Ursagridd's power. Meanwhile, Aran now has a full shadow on his cheeks, and Ursa can see hairs beginning to pop up all over Aran's arms, which are certainly bigger than they were before. His shirt has certainly gone from being baggy and loose to close to tight, and his pants are using their elastic waistband.
    Perhaps he should do something. Or perhaps not.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Orc in the Playground

Aran's Condo

"You're growing." Ursa doesn't really know how to explain, better than that. "I think you should stop, before... before you need too much new clothing." He's actually a little worried by this, since the machine wasn't supposed to do that, was it?

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Aran's Condo]

It might be a little late for that. Aran's eyes fly open as his clothes begin to tear. With a yell, Aran scrabbles to his feet and begins flicking at the switches on the machine. Sparks fly, but the flow doesn't actually let up, not even as Aran rips the plug free.
    "It's not stopping! What do we do?!" Aran asks Ursagridd in a panic.