New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

[Ravanys' Place]

Nothing happens until Sardus goes outside, so there's that.
    Unfortunately, as soon as he settles in to actually do the torching, a few things go wrong at once.

It starts with a distant pop and small flash of light from somewhere up above, as a pair of what look to be bowling balls drop to the ground some distance in front of Sardus.
    This is very immediately followed by a blast of energy directed straight down towards him, intended to paralyze in an overloading pulse of magical energy. Usually just shorts out the body's muscular-nervous systems for awhile.

Lastly, a large, dark shape plummets from the sky in a roiling wave of that hideous chaotic signature Sardus is supposed to be specifically looking for. Their intended landing destination is very directly between him and the door back inside.
    Some form of magic seems to be deliberately obscuring most of the finer details, but it looks a bit like a very tall but hunched over gorilla draped in very long, billowing fur. Sort of what you would imagine from a lion that grew its mane out over its entire body and then was posing for some sort of beauty commercial (complete with blowing fans) would look like. Only far creepier, with a shrouding haze of something around it, almost like heat shimmers.

Seems to be taking a moment to judge its next move depending on how effective the paralysis ends up being with Sardus.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #512
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Ravanys' Place]

Sardus gives a cry of alarm as the paralyzing bolt slams into him, causing him to stagger as his muscular neurons begin firing erratically. However, the little critter proves to be impressively resilient, rapidly pushing through the assault. His movements are still a bit sluggish, but he isn't totally incapacitated either.

Then the gorilla thing lands.

And the little seraphim gives a snarl of rage.

He hates it.

He hates it.

He isn't totally sure why he hates it, but he absolutely despises it with every fiber of his being.

Moving in a slightly drunken wobble, he takes several bounding steps toward the monster before leaping at it, claws out-stretched and jaws open! He's simply aiming to rip and tear without a great deal of finesse. What he lacks in raw combat training he more than makes up for with sheer ferocity. It doesn't help that bioplasma is bubbling out of his talons and teeth.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Halfling in the Playground

[Nora's Suite]

Fayyaad's lingering gaze over Nora as she removes her top is matched by Gustav, his eyes eagerly roaming over her. It's not like there's much of a reason to be subtle about things at this point, really.

Gustav takes his time to appreciate the aroma of the finely aged alcohol in his glass - a beverage like this is to be savoured slowly. He takes a small sip as Nora starts to walk over to them, letting the flavour swirl around his mouth before swallowing. "Hmm. Exquisite."

Speaking of not being subtle, as they all start swapping kisses with each other, Gustav is only too happy to introduce both of his companions for the evening to his long, forked tongue, pulling away afterwards with a slight smirk. "I have to admit, it's been quite a while since I've had two such exciting people to spend the night with."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Ravanys' Place]

Ravanys could've used her own magic to burn those hearts. But she really didn't want to deal with it right now. Thoughts were running through her head about who sent this. And why.

For who, Ravanys' best guess was whoever Zee was fighting against right now. Zee said they might've seen her coming here, and might be watching the place. Which leads into the why of the package. Ravanys was thinking some kind of message. Telling her to not help Zee. Which...

Wait...

What was that noise?

Ravanys' head snaps towards the backdoor. Something crashed down out there. She narrows her eye a bit. This was very suspicious.

Hannah! Stay inside!

Without waiting for a reply, Ravanys flies down the stairs, grabs her teleportation device off a hook by her bedroom door, and quickly puts the belt of it on as she rushes to the back door. Looks a little goofy combined with her tank top and pajama pants, but oh well.

She arrives in time to see the dark form watching Sardus unsteadily make his way towards it. A second or two of observation tells her something was messing with the weird dragon thing, and it was probably whatever this new being was.

She teleports a sawed-off into her hand, swings it up to aim, and calls out.

HEY! Tall, dark, and creepy! Two seconds, buddy!

The flame-like tattoos on her arms and shoulders start glowing, shifting their colors between shades of orange, red, and yellow. That combined with a bit of a snarl is her attempt at intimidating the thing. Worth a shot.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #515
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

Ah yes, there it is. The resistant charge.
    There seem to be a few people in this city who aren't affected by (or at least not sufficiently) the paralytic effect.
    Which is why the gorilla-fiend came with a backup plan.

And that noise from behind! One of the other occupants.
    Excellent.

Two of the creature's fingers (or, at least, what look like fingers through the visual disturbance) pick up a little glow and twitch backwards, as Sardus begins his somewhat off-kilter rush.
    Around when he'll be reaching his target, those two big ball objects that originally landed on the yard will have zipped along after him, one aimed low for his legs, the other taking a slight arc to come down towards his back.

The beast takes a slight step back, to buy the balls another moment to catch up, and prepares a tidy little sucker punch in case they impact correctly.

At around this moment, that billowing hair all over its body ejects itself backwards towards Ravanys. As it clears the visual distortion, it's pretty quickly revealed that it wasn't ever hair in the first place.
    It was masses of rather long, rather thin worms. Masses of worms that are flying in a writhing little cloud straight towards Player #2.

If this all doesn't really play out the way it wants (namely, Sardus isn't stopped by the counter), then it's probably going to be taking some hurt from it. Landing those blows is probably trickier than expected, as the haze seems to also be shifting the creature's body in strange directions where it doesn't actually seem to exist.
    But if the blows are just wildly flailing around anyway, then maybe that won't matter. It's not going to just stand there and let Sardus wail on him, but a couple blows can definitely get in there before it responds by simply leaping back upwards towards the roof of the warehouse out of immediate melee range.
    Glimmers of the bio-plasma's light can be seen through the haze, on difficult-to-determine locations of the beast's body. Though they will soon to be falling off, as bits of afflicted skin slough off its hide.

Otherwise, it won't really have moved much yet!
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2019-01-08 at 01:31 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #516

[Ravanys' Place]

The first ball slams into Sardus' legs, sending him flopping over sideways.

Ouch.

Looks like that really hurt.

The second ball collides with his back! But instead of snapping something important, there's an odd shimmer from his plates as they crumple and shatter, ablating away the majority of the force harmlessly. Already new plates are growing into place and already Sardus is rolling back to his hooves. It's like watching a cat rapidly right itself. Which means his initial tackle is still on order. Which in turn means several nasty slashes that apparently score a few solid hits!

He doesn't press the attack, though, as the horror leaps up onto the roof. He hangs behind, letting the wound to his left back leg work itself out. And? He focuses his senses a bit on the hazy monstrosity. He's aiming to zero in on the creature's biology, magical and otherwise. Not really sight, as such. Zee has described it as smell, but that isn't terribly accurate. More like a shark's ability to sense the subtle EM field produced by an animal's muscles and nervous system working.

And once he's zeroed in, he should be able to nicely by pass the haze.

"Are you alright, Ravanys?" he asks.

7. - Top - End - #517

[Ravanys' Place]

Just as the not-hair moves towards her, Ravanys pulls the trigger, followed immediately by a flick of motion from her open hand.

Flames erupt from the barrels, aimed right at the cloud moving towards her. Seems she had it loaded with fire rounds. And at the movement of her hand, the flames twist in the air and try to surround the cloud, like a white blood cell eating a pathogen. Ravanys will then drop the gun and bring her other hand up to try and keep the flames in place till the cloud of worms are burned away.

That's the goal, anyways.

It's possible that parts of the cloud may have moved fast enough to dodge the flames. Or maybe the flames do nothing to them.

At Sardus' question, Ravanys grits her teeth a bit in concentration.

I'll be fine as soon as we kill this thing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Lake Cabin - Private Party]

Electra is on Fayyaad's other side, tracing lines up and down his chest with her finger. Her expression is one of amusement and satisfaction, though a bit of Cass' mischief is reflected in her own eyes.

"Ready for round two?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"You know I'm always ready," Fayyaad says, though his bluster might not be entirely convincing to the two. "But being in the clutches of two gorgeous women will wear anyone down. And... maybe someone else could be bound this time."

"Oh... uh... sorry for springing that on you all of a sudden." Says Cass, suddenly sheepish and blushing in embarrassment. "Maybe no one needs to be bound this time."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

It's a cloud of worms.
    Evil worms, to be fair, but still just worms. They're not very aerodynamic. Or smart.

As such, they're not really gifted with a whole lot of ways to avoid the fire, beyond "there are a lot of them". So the question here becomes: can Ravanys' fire move and burn fast enough to keep the middle of the worm cloud from punching through with a literal meat-shield of the outer worms towards her face?
    This isn't a super challenging task, but it's a risk if she's not prepared for it.

Otherwise they all burn in a cloud of screeching, malforming shapes that suddenly don't seem very worm-like. Or alive.

Over on Sardus' side of things, he's had enough of that visual inconvenience and looks for a better view!
    Which isn't terribly difficult. The veil isn't very expertly maintained, leaving little to shield from alternative viewing methods.

What can now be seen looks immediately less gorilla-like. The general shape fits the description: hulking upper body, long arms, head perched on a squat neck, covered in thick fur.
    However, that head looks more like it belongs to a distorted wolf, those long arms end in hands with several inch-long fingers tipped in talons (save for two on its right hand, which...look more like weird jagged spikes of bone than fingers), and a lot of that fur is starting to elongate and writhe across its body as a mass of worms. It's rib-cage seems to be on the wrong side of its chest skin and its left leg seems like skin was tossed onto the bone as an afterthought its so emaciated.

Sardus also gets a good view of it bringing those enormous hands down to tear its way through the roof of the building.
    Looks like it's just gonna try to get inside in a different way!
    Absentee Spirit

10. - Top - End - #520

[Ravanys' Place]

Oh hey.

It's probably heading for Hannah, isn't it?

That won't do at all.

Sardus breaks out into a dead run, spreads his wings, and gives a powerful beat as he LEAPS!

Recall that earlier plan of his?

Tackle the monster and begin mauling it a whole bunch?

That's more or less what his intention is here. Just carve into it as much as possible with his burning teeth and claws. He's not really equipped for much more subtle modes of attack than that. And he's a few days old at best. Maybe he'll get a bit more adept as he grows older?

For now, though, this will probably be sufficient. At the very least he'll do what he can to prevent the horror from getting closer to his friends.

11. - Top - End - #521

[Ravanys' Place]

Ravanys thought it might have been something made to look like worms. Like a cloud of gas given a shape to freak her out.

Worms have a bit more force behind them than gas.

The fire will definitely slow the worms down, and reduce the size of the clump. Ravanys has to put in a bit of effort to keep the cloud from hitting her, causing the tattoos to glow brighter.

Then she hears the noise of the creature trying to rip its way through the roof.

Ravanys swears loudly at this, then lets out a shout and swings her hands apart. The fire follows the motion, splitting the cloud of worms in half and flinging the pieces to the side. Some worms probably survive all this and manage to fly at her. But she's got other concerns now.

The tiefling runs back inside, panic starting to show on her face.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

12. - Top - End - #522

[Fettina's Place]

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    It takes a moment for Fettina's meaning to come across, but when it does, Cantata takes the meaning in with grave understanding. She allows a soft chuckle at the pianist's final remark, but the smile she gives is fleeting, a pang of empathy in her eyes. Letting her hand retract a little reluctantly, she types a response.
    I'm... sorry to hear that someone did this to you. I... I know what it's like, to lose a function so intrinsic to your identity. Cantata didn't mean to imply promiscuity here, and it hadn't occurred to her that her comment could be taken as such. To her, such base desires and urges are just a basic aspect of human nature. Why wouldn't they be part of everyone's identity in some way or another? If there's... If there's any way I could help?
    Fettina doesn't interpret the comment badly. She couldn't even deny it if it were misconstrued. The chromey gal just smiles sweetly. "I'm sorry, something like this must seem so petty. At least... as long as it's temporary like I'm hoping..." Tina sighs. "Um... if you want, it would be nice to, uh, snuggle up with someone..."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

It does unfortunately take longer than a couple seconds to tear open a usable hole in a rooftop, for something as big as this thing.
    Which is apparently the couple seconds Sardus needs to be a pain in the monster's butt.

Though he would probably prefer to be a pain in the everything.

There's a frustrated rumble from it as it turns up to act against Sardus' charge onto the roof. Though probably not in the way he would prefer.
    Instead, it is leaping away from him, to stay out of range of those attacks and...running off towards the street?
    Those unusual spike fingers twitch again, those large balls zipping up to fly after it as it retreats.

It seems to know to stay away from Sardus' blows, after that first run in.

Meanwhile, downstairs!
    Parting the worm cloud is actually a decent way of dealing with the problem in the short term. One or two are going to keep going, trying to land on Ravanys' clothing, but the others are going to splatter against the walls. There's a few more survivors in there, frantically wriggling away from the flaming wreckage of their fellows.
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #524

[Ravanys' Place]

So...

It's just running away?

That's it?

Rude.

Sardus isn't about to let this thing get away with threatening his friends by shedding aggressively at them!

He takes a deeeeep breath, his little chest puffing out as searing golden light bleeds between his scales, and then goes, "BWARGH!"

That BWARGH! results in a small, densely packed torus of plasma racing toward the fleeing horror! And upon reaching its general proximity? It will explode.

It will explode so much.

A briefly blossoming plume of bioplasma blankets the area, setting most everything nearby on fire due to the sheer heat while also dissolving matter in a fiercely aggressive catalytic reaction.

15. - Top - End - #525

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Fettina's Place]

Fettina doesn't interpret the comment badly. She couldn't even deny it if it were misconstrued. The chromey gal just smiles sweetly. "I'm sorry, something like this must seem so petty. At least... as long as it's temporary like I'm hoping..." Tina sighs. "Um... if you want, it would be nice to, uh, snuggle up with someone..."
    Fettina's Place

The silent songstress shakes her head as Fettina writes her worries off as petty, a fond little smile forming. There's nothing petty about it, dear, and I would be perfectly happy to help you feel better. The woman answers, moving to take her by the hand and guide her to the nearest comfy spot for some much-needed snuggles and hugs.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-01-12 at 02:33 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #526

[Ravanys' Place]

Some worms land on the tiefling's clothes as she runs inside. Ravanys doesn't notice or care, though. That thing was tearing into the building. Hannah was in the building. That's all she cared about right now.

Hannah! Ravanys heads towards the front area, just as Hannah walks out of the bathroom. The blonde looks around, still seeming a bit nauseous.

Get downstairs, now! Ravanys stops near the stairs, turning around to face whatever might come in behind her. Fire envelops one hand, and in the other she teleports the shotgun again, quickly reloading it.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

17. - Top - End - #527

NinjaGuy

The mischief in Electra's eyes grows to encompass her entire expression. She eyes Fayyaad for a moment, then raises an eyebrow at Cass.

"You know, turnabout is fair play. Perhaps we should tie you up, instead. What do you think, Fayyaad?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

18. - Top - End - #528
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ravanys' Place]

That explosion part is inconvenient.
    One of those large orbs is jerked back to intercept the torus, but...well, you can't really intercept an explosion with a ball.

This is probably unfortunate for Ravanys' roof, but really, it's much more unfortunate for the remnants of the monster throwing themselves burning from the edge of the building.

As will be fairly swiftly apparent, however, this was either a distraction or a signal of some kind.
    A half dozen smaller creatures are running towards the warehouse from the opposite end (that backdoor again), while Sardus is greeted with a roiling wave of that monster scent far larger than the others originating across the street.
    Perhaps deliberately detectable outside his usual range.

Perched on the roof of an opposite building, where previously sat a bird, looks to be some sort of black-chitened bug in the vague shape of a large eagle. In appropriate darkness it could be mistaken for a bird, but any significant lighting shows the lack of feathers, the transparent cockroach-style wings, and the crooked, broken spikes replacing what should be an ordinary beak.
    That far-too-knowing look in its green eyes that no ordinary animal should have.
    And the fact that it is calling out to Sardus in rather human speech.
    "Miss Zee, you weren't supposed to be here tonight! Perhaps you should come over here and spare your poor friends some...fatal collateral damage, hm?"

Meanwhile, inside!
    Hannah technically hasn't been bothered by anything yet. This probably doesn't calm Ravanys down as much as not having monsters attacking her home would.
    Wonder how she feels about foxes?
    One will be poking its head in through that back door soon.

Might also be a good distraction from that worm falling off her back, while its two fellows proceed to start trying to chew their way through her shirt.
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #529

[Ravanys' Place]

Direct hit!

Okay, well, no.

Not a direct hit.

But pretty CLOSE to a direct hit. Or close enough, at least.

Sardus spends the next few moments focusing on the bioplasma eating at the roof and willing it to die down. This task is quite a bit more difficult for him than it would be for Zee. He is, after all, still pretty young. Which means he'll be quelling the flames when the Bad Bird across the street has a case of mistaken identity.

This gives him pause.

What to do?

He could play to its mistake. But as soon as he speaks up, they'll probably be able to tell that he isn't mother. Frankly, he's not totally sure how they made they mistake to begin with? Mom is huge and he's tiny. Maybe they just can't see all of her?

Or maybe he could just spit another fireball at the Bad Bird. But he would need to stall it for his plasma reserves to build up again. ...and that would probably set the house across the street on fire. The people who live there probably wouldn't like that.

Or he could let them know that he isn't his mother. But judging from the memories his mom gave him of these monsters, both emotional and tactile, he's pretty much one hundred percent certain that they would still do whatever awful thing they were planning on doing no matter what.

He finally settles on just glaring at the gross bug monster.

Glare.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

"No need to apologize, Cassandra," Fayyaad says, leaning over to kiss her. "I like being surprised and it's good to see you be more daring."

At Electra's suggestion, Fayyaad will try to roll Cass over him so that she's between him and Electra, then grin.

"That sounds like a mighty fine idea, though. If Cassandra is willing to give it a try."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

21. - Top - End - #531

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Fettina's Place

The silent songstress shakes her head as Fettina writes her worries off as petty, a fond little smile forming. There's nothing petty about it, dear, and I would be perfectly happy to help you feel better. The woman answers, moving to take her by the hand and guide her to the nearest comfy spot for some much-needed snuggles and hugs.
    [Fettina's Place]

Fettina's wings fold tightly against her back, almost shyly, and she allows herself to be led. Snuggling shall occur. Their bodies mold together like they were cast to fit. What follows is quiet. Tina is cold to the touch, smooth, but there is warmth inside somewhere. For a little while there's just the subtle shifting of Tina's legs and hips... "Um... wanna watch a movie?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #532

[Ravanys' Place]

Ravanys keeps her attention on the door as Hannah runs down the stairs and past the tiefling, seeking security in her bedroom.

Ravanys doesn't notice the worm falling off of her. She does notice the two eating through her shirt, though. She lets out an expletive and swats at them with her open hand. The one currently on fire. Which, of course, sets the shirt on fire. Ravanys quickly rips the shirt off. The fire doesn't bother her, but it was gonna burn off anyways. This distracts her a bit, so she doesn't notice the fox yet.

Meanwhile, whirring noises sounds from a couple different spots in the warehouse. Several small drones lift into the air from a few different shelves. Four in total. Two of them head for the back door. One heads up to the hole in the roof. The last flies over towards Ravanys.

Guess Hannah had a reason for heading to her room.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Fel's House]

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Fel's House

What! But I... It's slowly dawning on Violet that she did not convert last night. Maaaaan.

Reginald will certainly be getting tonnes of scritches. Yeah that sounds dope, hey, listen, we <farced> last night, right? Violet, Reginald does not need exposure to this sort of language at his young age. Right?
    Felandria blushes and seems genuinely taken aback.

Oh, my, of course not.

I would never dream of taking advantage of you when you were drunk.

Of course, now that you’re sober, we can reconsider.......

Felandria winks.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Steak is good."

I'm not sure she's ever had biscuits. It doesn't seem likely.

"Don't talk much, do you Reginald?" Neverest chuckles, going to pat the creature with a mitten-covered hand.
    Even when not buried in blankets, she's completely covered up by layers of jackets, sweaters, shawls, ponchos, scarves, masks, gloves, mittens, more scarves, etc.
    Nothing but eyes visible to prove she isn't actually a heap of winter clothing brought to life by holiday magic.
    Which I guess could still be true. No one's proven otherwise.
    Fel turns to the sentient pile of winter clothes.

Are you cold, friend?

I could turn the heat up if you like.

Meanwhile, Reginald continues to allow himself to be patted and scritched.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

24. - Top - End - #534

God damn it. Violet says, trying to remember last night. She didn't get... that drunk, did she? Ha, that orc got drunk under the table though. And so did that... ogre. Alright maybe she did! What of it.

No, no it's fine. The weird frog guy - Violet, Neverest is a girl. Killed the mood. She'll look for a table or bar or wherever to slump down into a seat, apparently happy to wait for whatever free food Fel is going to provide. Reginald is not going to be let go until she needs to though - and he gets a few more scritches absentmindedly as she moves.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #535
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Fel's House]

"Uh, don't you guys need it to be cold, right? I'm dressed for it, it's fine."
    We wouldn't want to cook Violet trying to make the weird lizard girl comfortable.

"Here, can I um, help, uh, cook something?"

Neverest glances over to Violet, who it seems is still hoarding Reginald. She's a little flustered by their words, but that doesn't stop anything.

"Hey, human, you can't give up that easy, right? Get over yourself."
    You know, Violet, if you hadn't tried to steal Neverest's stuff, she probably wouldn't have woken up to make fun of you.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Nora's Suite

"I've dreamed about a moment like this since..."
    Nora pauses, thinking for a moment before grinning. "Well, since you two spoke up at the bar." She admits. "Come, the bedroom is this way." She adds, slipping her arms around their waists to guide them to the bedroom. She'll come back out a few moments later, wearing much less, giggling as she runs to the liquor cabinet to grab a couple more bottles.

There's plenty of her magic to keep the other two until they're passed out from exhaustion.

When they awaken, there's steam coming from the very expensive dozen-head shower, and moments after the first one awakens, Nora steps out. At least, someone who ought to be Nora but looks a fair bit different. As muscled as she was, her body looked rock hard now. She has a pudgy copper dragon tail half the length a reasonable tail should be. The copper scales match the dull copper-red skintone, quite distinct from the golden-brown from before, and a lot of it is on show at the moment since the only towel she comes out wearing is wrapped around her head. "Gooooooood mornin' loverboys." She says with a broad grin. The white mage gives a flex of her arms and legs while standing in the doorway to the bathroom, quite pleased with her muscles and strength. "Status." She commands, flicking her hand in the air to pull up a sigil covered screen for her to read as she walks to the kitchen. "Strength, flexibility, modified horns, increased heat and caustic tolerances...adapted tail for water and caloric storage as well as balance..." She mutters before looking at the pudgy appendage. "...I'll need to work that out somehow and lean it down." She adds as she rifles through her drawers and pulls out a frilly maid apron. "So, my two wonderful enthusiastic guests, what do you two want for breakfast? Bacon? Eggs? Me?" She teases with another grin.

For now her horns were hidden by the towel, but the bulge underneath definitely suggested they'd changed in a more grandiose way.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

[Nora's Suite]

Fayyaad groans as he wakes up. He surprised himself by how long he kept going last might, and how his body is paying for it. Not that he wouldn't do it all over again, and hopefully he'll get a chance. He turns away from ogling Gustav to make a witty comeback to Nora... but then he actually sees her.

"...uh, Nora? What happened? I know this was one wild night, but this is something else."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler: Ravanys Spoils
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Ravanys' Place]

Direct hit!

Okay, well, no.

Not a direct hit.

But pretty CLOSE to a direct hit. Or close enough, at least.

Sardus spends the next few moments focusing on the bioplasma eating at the roof and willing it to die down. This task is quite a bit more difficult for him than it would be for Zee. He is, after all, still pretty young. Which means he'll be quelling the flames when the Bad Bird across the street has a case of mistaken identity.

This gives him pause.

What to do?

He could play to its mistake. But as soon as he speaks up, they'll probably be able to tell that he isn't mother. Frankly, he's not totally sure how they made they mistake to begin with? Mom is huge and he's tiny. Maybe they just can't see all of her?

Or maybe he could just spit another fireball at the Bad Bird. But he would need to stall it for his plasma reserves to build up again. ...and that would probably set the house across the street on fire. The people who live there probably wouldn't like that.

Or he could let them know that he isn't his mother. But judging from the memories his mom gave him of these monsters, both emotional and tactile, he's pretty much one hundred percent certain that they would still do whatever awful thing they were planning on doing no matter what.

He finally settles on just glaring at the gross bug monster.

Glare.
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    [Ravanys' Place]

Ravanys keeps her attention on the door as Hannah runs down the stairs and past the tiefling, seeking security in her bedroom.

Ravanys doesn't notice the worm falling off of her. She does notice the two eating through her shirt, though. She lets out an expletive and swats at them with her open hand. The one currently on fire. Which, of course, sets the shirt on fire. Ravanys quickly rips the shirt off. The fire doesn't bother her, but it was gonna burn off anyways. This distracts her a bit, so she doesn't notice the fox yet.

Meanwhile, whirring noises sounds from a couple different spots in the warehouse. Several small drones lift into the air from a few different shelves. Four in total. Two of them head for the back door. One heads up to the hole in the roof. The last flies over towards Ravanys.

Guess Hannah had a reason for heading to her room.

[Ravanys' Place]

Up on the roof, Sardus and the bug-bird stare at each for a few moments.
    Or, one glares, the other stares.

At least, until something off in the distance elsewhere in the city causes the bird's head to snap around and stare much more intensely that way.
    "The spark."
    And then it begins to fly away. Quickly.

That drone flying up to the roof would probably arrive in time to see this happen.

Meanwhile, downstairs!

The worm that dropped off Ravanys quickly squirms its way into hiding under whatever is most convenient nearby.
    The other two worms, trapped in the burning shirt? They're toast. Gross, smelly, squealing toast.

While she's distracted, that fox is definitely going to try to run into the building, though not directly at her. It (and the one that seems to be following directly behind it, a moment later) are going to try to find somewhere else to hide before she can see them.
    They don't seem to be noticing the drones at all.

If the drones continue outside, they will see a few more of the foxes lurking just beyond the edges of the door.
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #539

[Ravanys' Place]

Oh.

Umm...

Huh.

The really threatening thing flew away?

Sardus is pretty okay with this.

He hops off the roof an immediately discovers foxes.

Doom foxes.

Lots of pouncing upon and murdering is probably going to be happening in the near future.

30. - Top - End - #540

Fettina's Place

Cantata can't help but softly gasp in surprise as the coldness of Tina's skin becomes apparent, but it doesn't deter her from providing the physical and emotional support she intends to provide, snuggling her warm and soft form against the cursed angel as the two recline upon the couch. Of course. Anything to help you relax and feel better. the mercenary answers, shifting to better type a response. ...Well, anything but read you a bedtime story, that is. She adds with a cheeky little smile.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!