New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

[Zee's Suite at Trog's]

The unusual material of the bed really doesn't do a lot of favors here, leading to an awkward moment of nearly following through but scrabbling to catch herself and almost entirely falling to the nearby floor instead.
    "Eep!"
    Ultimately ends with her awkwardly grasping at the plants with her back claws while her forelegs flail in the open air.

By the time she's regained control, Kara isn't really thinking about the altar at the moment, and almost forgets that she was trying to talk to something else in the room.

"Oh no wait! Come back, I'm not scary I promise!"
    And with that moment of concentration lost, she flops out of the bed onto the floor.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Zee's Suite at Trog's]

Apparently the strange mousey creature disagrees with Karaglen, because it has done an excellent job of making itself scarce.

With a thump Karaglen drops to the floor, a few stray poofs floating along with her.

Kara will find the floor is made of interwoven vines, all thick with a plush carpet of fuzzy moss and lichen. It does a pretty good job of breaking her fall and feels nice and soft between her toes.

Also?

There are lots of little bugs crawling around in it.

Teeny tiny little things. But they seem to have the good sense to avoid her.

Now that she's closer to it, she'll be able to get a better view of the altar. The stacked stones it's made of are largely unremarkable, but more interesting is the fact that someone has drawn on it. Apparently with charcoal. Lots of little swirly abstract designs. But also a rather prominent (if simplistic and idealized) picture of the seraph at the heart of this whole peculiar mess. Best guess? The offerings were probably supposed to be for Zee. Two weird pieces of fruit and a dead bug. Looks like of like a giant silverfish? The critter has been cooked recently and smells like shrimp.

Boy is this ever odd.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite at Trog's]

Good thing Kara isn't terribly afraid of bugs! At least, not ones that aren't swarming around in the hopes of making her a meal.
    Everyone should probably be afraid of those.

Hopefully she didn't mush any when she hit the floor, but there's not a lot that can be done about that. Just her feeling bad.

Once she's back on her feet, grateful the fall wasn't onto a harder surface, she can pick her way over to the altar. Being fairly religious herself, the intent here is easy enough to determine, even if it's incredibly weird that it's in their room.
    Kara pokes at it a little, to make sure it's actually real, but without touching the offerings themselves. Such things are usually sacred and no-no's for interaction.
    "I guess mom has some fans?"
    Some weird, home-invading fans.

Though this does give her an idea.
    Maybe if there's some more fruit or flowers nearby, she can put one of those on the altar next to the other ones. Show that she's not an enemy to be afraid of?
    Absentee Spirit

4. - Top - End - #334

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Some of the little crawlies may have been smooshed, but more likely they were just pressed down into the moss and then skittered away just slightly harried by their experience.

The altar proves to be quite real, though where the rocks came from is a bit of a mystery. Zee didn't have any rocks in her room did she?

Oh.

Wait.

Those aren't rocks at all.

Those are large, irregular pieces of insect chitin. Apparently from something really big, judging from the size of the pieces.

Fun!

Finding fruit isn't too difficult. Growing from a nearby vine is something that looks kind of like a black berry. Except each fruitlet is the size of an orange. Pulling it off the vine will prove difficult and Kara may end up getting squirted with dark purple berry juice when one of the fruitlets pops.

That stain will probably wash off.

Probably.

The fruit is placed on the altar and now it's time to wait.

A minute passes.

Then five.

Then fifteen.

Then at last three furry faces with big black eyes peek out of the foliage to peer at Karaglen.

"Oogah chaka!" one of them shouts at Kara, brandishing a stick with an insect claw lashed to the end at her.

Maybe that's how they say hi?

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Lake Cabin - Private Party]

Electra's smile widens slightly, before she glances over at Fayyaad, then nods, giving him a sultry look.

"A bit more warmth is always welcome up here." Cass might note that one of Electra's hands has remained gently on her back. "It does get rather cold at night."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"I'll do my own part of heating things up, but it seems like you've got some ideas of your own," he says, before bowing theatrically and stacking up some firewood. Then he performs an elaborate dance-like form and emits a stream of fire from his hand that causes the firewood to blaze.

She doesn't seem to mind the contact. She extends a hand as Fayyaad sets the firewood alight, and the flames seem to blaze a little brighter, as Cass uses her sorcery to accelerate the burning, and then spreads the heat around the room, as if the fire had been burning merrily for almost an hour or more, rather than being freshly lit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Electra gives Fayyaad a grin and raises an eyebrow at Cass in a mischievous manner.

"Oh yes. You're off to a good start, but I think we can find some new ways to warm up as well, don't you?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

There they are again!
    Although...maybe still not happy to see her?

Kara's pretty sure that's a spear and you don't usually brandish spears at your friends.
    Although, they also aren't stabbing her with it yet, so that's a plus.

So, in the she-hopes-its-universal sign of peace, Karaglen sits back a little so she can raise her fore-claws up and open.
    "Friend?"
    Also maybe don't stab me?
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #338

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Imagine, for a moment, a cross between a mouse and a gibbon. A little creature perhaps three feet tall. Mostly white with a few splotchy brow patches. And a loincloth.

And that thing that is almost certainly a spear.

It moves another step toward Karaglen, still pointing its weapon at her. "Bagaru. Bagaru woocha!" it rasps at her, making jabbing motions with its spear as it approaches.

The other mouse apes seem to be getting the same idea and are stepping out of the brush with spears in paw.

Hmm...

They don't appear to be very friendly.

Or at least they can't understand Karaglen and are assuming the worst.

Maybe if there was some way to show them that she's connected to her mother?

9. - Top - End - #339

[Ravanys' Home]

She's in her room. Ravanys points to a door under the balcony.

If Zee knocks on said door, she'll hear Hannah respond. Come in! She sounds a little bit down.

Her room has a bunch of movie posters on the walls. There's probably more poster than wall. There's also some designs of various tech items hanging up. Some of which have Hannah's signature. Her room is a bit messy, but it's more clutter than anything else. Random, half-built items on her desk. Boxes of parts lying in a corner. Dirty clothes piled up around a basket.

Hannah herself is lying on her bed, reading a book. She glances towards the door as Zee enters.

Oh. Hey. Was expecting Ravanys.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

That's a neat trick, which Fayyaad notices, but his attention is rather focused on something else right now. He chuckles and tries to pull both women close, then kiss Electra while running his tail up and down Cassandra's side.

"I'm just one man, but I'm going to do my best. Of course, if things get much warmer here, we might have to dress down a little."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

What's particularly unfortunate here is that mom's dragon shape and Karaglen's dragon shape don't look very much alike at all.
    This is definitely playing against her.

Which is ruining what would be a really good idea for making them think she belonged here.

"Hey, I'm not bad...friend!"
    So she shimmies backwards a little bit, wishing that weird mouse-people could be befriended by food as simply as wolfies could.
    "I'm her...daughter..."
    A thought occurs to her from yesterday, after all the disaster relief. The feeling of her and her mother's hearts, working together.

Kara digs for that energy inside of herself again, taking a little breath and willing it back out to her claws once more.
    There's nothing for her to easily heal here, but if she has some of the pretty crystal growth stuff to appear, maybe that will impress them?

Hopefully that impresses them.
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #342

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Silver, bubbly crystalline growth, tendrils and spires extending from it. Heaping up on itself, twisting in on itself, forming a pleasing little statuesque flower of glass-coated silver that shimmers with flashes with an aurora of iridescent colors.

Apparently this is how the Spark that shines within Kara interpreted her vague will of 'be impressive'.

"Oochaka!" one of the mouse gibbons exclaims, taking a few steps back and pointing at Karaglen's display. "Kol eck oochaka!"

At this, the trio move together into a little huddle, glancing back at Kara now and again.
    "Hawala faaaakara," says the first.
    "Baaaa rakhee kaloo?" asks the second.
    "Pooja kan faroo kee jaa," insists the third.

Then they turn toward Karaglen, set down their spears, and kneel before her. They spread out their arms in supplication and begin bowing up and down while chanting, "Gooooooo~RAH! Gooooooo~RAH! Gooooooo~RAH!"

Well.

That turned out mostly okay?
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-12-02 at 12:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Karaglen is also surprised by this result.
    She didn't know she could make things! Pretty things!

"Ooooh..."
    Does it stick around if she stops reaching for the power? If it doesn't, there's going to be an interesting hobby of sculpturing in her very near future.
    Otherwise, still super pretty, but probably less cluttery.

Though...most of that experimentation is going to have to wait.
    The mouse-people seem to have started worshiping her.

For someone who was a cleric herself, this is actually pretty darn alarming. While very flattering, Kara is pretty uncomfortable with it!
    If the flower didn't disappear when she stopped trying, she'll cradle that in one hand while her other hand waves in a general "stoppit" motion towards the supplicants. Otherwise the other hand will make a "get up motion".
    "Oh no! Please stop? I'm not...no! Stooooop!"

Her expression is more like a kid who got caught doing something wrong, rather than someone who just found out they're considered divinity.
    Right down to the uncomfortable back and forth foot prancing.
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #344

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

The flower does eventually stop growing, but only once it has exhausted the power Kara poured into it. The it will just sit there, somehow simultaneously crystal and living.

The Spark seems to be task-based. Karaglen wills it to do something, and it will accomplish what it was tasked with to the best of its ability. She lacks the fine control that her mother has, but the time Zee had spent directing Karaglen's Spark probably awakened some inkling of comprehension in the little wyrmling. Whatever this stuff is, it's the purest expression of what she is. Who she is, even.

Now clutching a little crystal flower, Kara begins feverishly waving a little claw at the mouse people!

They seem to pick up on her distress, and eventually stop bowing to her. They glance between each other, and then to Kara.

"Gooorah?" one of them says, sounding a bit confused.
    "Oochaka ko lak ka," the second replies.
    The third stands up and reaches into a little woven backpack it's wearing, withdrawing a weird dead (and cooked) bug.

The mousy person steps forward, holding out the dead bug to Kara and bowing his head slightly. "Habichaaalakawaramalek."

That was a really long word.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-12-02 at 12:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Uh oh. Does he think that she's mad at them for not giving her offerings? Is that why she's being offered a bug?

But if she refuses it, would that offend them? Or maybe scare them into thinking she needs something else instead?
    That wouldn't really solve the problem either.

So Karaglen stares at the bug for a moment, then at the mouse-person, then at the mouse-people behind that mouse-person, then back at the bug.
    "Am I sure this isn't just a weird dream...?"
    It seems kind of like a weird dream.

Though that gives her another idea. Maybe just kind of roll with it, in the least blasphemous "I'm a god weeee" sort of way possible.
    Treat this as a trade, of sorts!
    After considering that thought, she decides she really likes it and finds her broad, happy smile again.
    "Okay! I'll accept your bug, if you accept my flower!"
    Because that's what friends would do! Trade one nice (to them at least) thing, for another nice thing!

So Karaglen takes the bug with her free hand, then deposits her flower where the bug just was.
    She can just make another one later!
    Absentee Spirit

16. - Top - End - #346

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

The little mouseman seems a bit confused at first when the crystal flower is placed in his hand, but then he closes his eyes and touches the strange living gem to his forehead a in a reverent sort of way. Then he steps back from Kara, his head still bowed, and turns toward the other mousemen. With a triumphant whoop, he holds the flower above his head!

"Oochaka mo akcha!" he hollers.

The other two mice cheer, shaking their spears in the air.

And then?

Off they go back into the brush.

Well!

That all went much better than expected!

All this yelling looks to be rousing Jezekiel, judging from the way she's moving and the change in the tempo of her breathing.

[Ravanys' Home]

Zee admires the decor.

Slathering walls with movie posters certainly beats SOME choices of room decoration.

Like skulls.

Skulls all over the place is terrible room decoration.

She'll take note of the sorts of movies that predominate, though she has the feeling she already knows the answer.

"Nah, just me. Do you mind if I sit down?" she asks, gesturing at whatever hi-tech sitting apparatus happens to be closest.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-12-02 at 01:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Hopefully she didn't just promote that guy to High Priest of Karaglen or something like that.
    That would be awkward.

Also what is she supposed to actually do with this bug? It looks like its cooked...eat it maybe?
    Might be rude not too and she's aware that she can technically eat anything not overtly toxic...

So with that in mind, depending on how fast mom wakes up, she'll probably get to see Karaglen taking a tentative chomp of a bug.
    Absentee Spirit

18. - Top - End - #348

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

She might have!

It's hard to tell when you have no idea what they're saying.

As for the bug?

It probably would have tasted pretty great if Kara had peeled the shell off first.

But she didn't.

So instead she gets lots of shell bits in her mouth and it's just terrible.

Zee, meanwhile, awakens with a, "Wuh... where?" then she looks down at herself. "Why am I..."

Lots of half formed thoughts, here.

It takes a few moments for her brain to make the connection to, "Going to sleep unbinds me!" she exclaims. "Why didn't anyone tell me this? Okay, okay, I can fix this, probably."

Then she sort of... folds in on herself.

And promptly vanishes below the sea of poofs with a, "Yeep!"

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

If dragon faces were made for it, Karaglen would crinkle up her nose in mild discomfort.
    But they aren't. So she doesn't.

Instead she tries really hard not to look like she finds this as gross as it feels. Because maybe her mouse-people friends are watching and we can't offend them.
    So instead she sort of just...quickly shoves the whole thing into her mouth to get it over with quickly. Then does one of those awkward sort of "mmm, that was totally-good-and-not-disgusting" smiles that people do sometimes.

At least up until the sounds of mom pulls her away from things.
    "Oh! You're awake! Hey, mom, the room turned into a weird place and I made some friends!"
    Friends/worshippers-that-I-maybe-stole-from-you.

Time to go bound over to the bed! Or whatever is passing for a bed now!
    Mom probably doesn't need help escaping from the vines, but she definitely does need a hug as soon as possible because love is always the best thing to wake up to.
    Absentee Spirit

20. - Top - End - #350

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

The taste of this weird thing suggests that it should probably be good, but all of those gross shell fragments just totally ruin it.

Poor Karaglen. You didn't do it right! It's like just taking a bite straight out of an orange without peeling it first.

Liable to fill you with regrets.

Zee, now human, manages to struggle free of the sea of fluff, stumbling out of the pile so covered in white woolly wumps (lumps!) that she resembles a disheveled bipedal sheep. She frowns and starts brushing them off herself, but makes very little headway in that regard due to the fact that the seeds at the middle of each of the poofs are kinda sticky. Also because Kara just hit her in the gut like a happy little silver missile.

Tackle hug!

Zee gives an, "Uuf!" catches Kara, loses her footing, and then topples backwards into the poof pile again.

FWUHF!

More cottony seeds are launched into the air, drifting lazily.

"Friends?" Zee asks. "Like wolfy friends or people friends? Also: Good morning! Did you sleep okay?"

She's going to try to pick her way out of the poof pile while also hanging onto Kara.

It'll be her first adventure of the day.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Karaglen really isn't going to be of much use here, in the endeavors to escape the bed.
    She's pretty much in full on Love and Affection mode, which amounts to her just being a very huggy little tumor attached to her mom.
    A very happy, huggy tumor. That talks. Maybe a lot?

"Um, mouse-people friends, I think? But maybe they were your friends first and I kind of borrowed them?"
    Which just begs itself to be explained, in the best way a child can: taking a deep breath and spewing out words like a fire-hose.
    "Okay so I think I slept really well, but I don't really remember? I know we were helping people yesterday, and then I got sleepy, and then I woke up under your wing. You're really comfy and I'm glad I'm allowed to stay with you! Oh right, um. So when I woke up the room looked all weird like it does now and I saw that there was someone over there, but then I fell out of the bed and they ran away. So then I went over there to that altar thingy, which I think is for you, you have fans mom, and then I put a fruit on it because maybe it would make me seem more relatable to the mouse-person! I don't think it did. They came back with some friends and they had spears and seemed kinda mad, until- oooh! Ooh! Mom! I can make pretty little flowers!"
    The word hose pauses just long enough for Karaglen to unglue one of her hands and try really hard to imagine the energy into the same shape as it was before.
    Which might work? Maybe? She hopes so, even if she's a lot more excited about it now.
    But regardless, as long as it's vaguely similar:
    "See? Super pretty! The mouse-people liked it a lot too, maybe too much. They started bowing and stuff and I felt bad about that, so I tried to get them to stop. I think maybe they think we're gods or something? One tried to Offer me a bug, but I traded him my first pretty flower and he got all excited and ran away with his other friends. I think maybe he's my high priest now, but I hope not.
    Also I ate a bug."
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #352

[Ravanys' Home]

Sure.

The high tech sitting device is...a chair. A desk chair, to be precise. It has wheels, to move around the carpet. It can spin in place. There's a lever to raise or lower the height of the seat.

...kind of underwhelming. Zee was probably expecting something fancier.

The posters are mostly sci-fi movies. Some fantasy.

Hannah has gone back to her book. Seems reluctant to talk right now.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #353

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Zee manages to extract herself after quite a bit of one armed flailing. As Kara begins rambling Zee begins picking poofs off herself. It's a pretty arduous process.

"Mouse-people?" she says, glancing over at the altar. She had built sapient things with her lifeshaping before, that's true. Foro and Tom the junco were both good examples. Apparently she's good enough at it now that she can do it in her sleep! Haha. Terrible joke.

Then Kara makes a little flower! With great focus and more direct will toward a task, Kara will find that forming the little living crystal from her Spark is pretty easy. It bends and coils and grows in accordance to the vision she's imposed on it. Even with the little bit of practice Kara has had, her control will have improved. And more practice would only help more!

Karaglen's mother smiles widely at the display and gives her daughter a hug for the efforts. "You're getting better. The little Spark that burns in your heart will grow hotter and brighter the more you use it. You've always been a little beacon of hope, Karaglen. Keep nurturing it, keep making the world more Correct with it, and it'll keep maturing into something more and more beautiful."

She listens a bit more, still de-fluffing herself. "I can understand them thinking we're gods. I did sort of create them while I was snoozing," Zee admits. Being the progenitor of a sapient race is generally something considered godly. "Or uplift them, at least. Kind of like a druid using Awaken Animal. Just with less faerie nonsense. But!" she smiles at her daughter. "It's good that you don't want to be worshiped. Treat people like equals, don't look down on them, don't use them like tools. But don't shun the attention, either. You're my daughter, Karaglen, your heart burns just like mine. And being known makes it burn brighter. Tend to it diligently, and the little Spark in your heart will blossom into a heavenly Light."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Karaglen, as most little children do when they present something they've made to an approving parent, comes as close to literally glowing as it non-magically possible with her mom's praise of the flower.
    Particularly since there's a pretty clear suggestion to make even more and that she be able to make even prettier things. It's like a kid finding out they can make their own toys, whenever they want.

There are a couple questions in here, that she can parse from the broader strokes of the given explanation.
    "So...making more things is Good and helping people out is extra Good?"
    She's not entirely sure how helping people who needed help can be more Good, but it seems to be the implication here.
    And then there was another part of the implication here...
    "Can I make mouse-people like you can?"

At some point during this, Kara briefly detaching from her endless hug so that she can half-clamber, half-flap her way up towards the shoulders of her maternal perch.

There she's going to try to find a way to get this flower put in Mom's hair!
    "And a pretty flower for a pretty mom!"
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #355

[Ravanys' Home]

Hey, a swivel chair is a pretty high-tech sitting device.

WAY more advanced than a stool.

Zee takes a seat and remains silent for a few moments.

"You love her," Zee eventually says. "And you don't want her to be alone out there."

Best to lay the groundwork first.

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Kids have always been able to make their own toys whenever they want.

They're called sticks.

Kara's talent is a bit more flexible, however, and her childish glee will be met with neck scratches. "Helping people is always good. And so is growing yourself. You get stronger, you can help more people. Super simple stuff. Especially since helping people will grow you all on its own."

That's how Zee likes to think about it, anyway. Her status doesn't mean a great deal to her. What it enables her to do is what's important. It allowed her to resurrect Karaglen. It allowed her to resurrect Navanaxinermis. And it'll probably allow her to resurrect more children ruined by fae in the future.

At the second question, Zee boops Kara on the end of the nose. "Not yet, but eventually. Your heart is just like mine; your essence shapes life. You don't have my perception just yet, though. You can't see how living things fit together. And you don't have my fine control, either. You can reshape living things, but it would be without careful direction. It would probably just hurting them instead. Stick to mending people for now, and making pretty things for other people to admire. Once you get old enough and your eyes are opened, I'll teach you how to work living things like clay."

Zee giggles as a flower is stuck in her hair. "Why thank you, Karaglen, it's lovely. Do you want to go downstairs and get something to eat? I think there are some people there who will enjoy meeting you, too."

She'll see about relocating the garden she planted. Hoseki's crowbar of expulsion will probably do the trick. Somewhere Outside would be a much better place for the strange plants and animals than her room.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Tina's Place

The faintest blush brightens Cantata's face. Thank you. It was my lifelong dream to sing, and I was so very dedicated. Unfortunately, I wasn't as dedicated about paying my debts. That somber look returns... but it doesn't get to linger long, once Tina makes her own suggestion for what to do next. And quite an audacious one too; it actually manages to catch the mercenary by surprise, and she pauses momentarily before her lips form a mischievous little grin.

Shoot something, right now? My, you certainly are full of surprises. Her expression doesn't suggest that's a bad thing - quite the opposite in fact, though that little gleam in her eye suggests she might have a couple up her sleeve too. I'd love to~ and with that, Cantata downs the last of her drink before standing, looking expectantly at her hostess.
    [Tina's Place]

Fettina giggles and offers her arm to lead Cantata toward the floor-to-ceiling window that runs the length of the apartment. One of the windows seems to fade away - in fact replaced by an invisible field of force through which only certain things can pass. Like shots from an Elexxion Grade B Man-Personal Atomizer for instance. This happens to be the moniker stamped in small, bright neon letters on the side of the space gun Fettina hands to Cantata.

"Safety's off," says she. "Apartment! Start up that skeet thingie I had installed will you?"

Something in the ceiling above them whirs and clicks.

"Okay now, pull!" barks Fettina. She gives Cantata no warning at all before a small white disc is fired from somewhere on the roof of the apartment and goes whizzing into the middle distance. One would think it landing in the city below and hurting someone would surely be a concern.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #357

Tina's Place

Oh my, well this is quite an interesting little set up to have! While Cantata was intimately familiar with skeet shooting, having used such a thing for target practice before, the environs were usually quite more sterile or pastoral than a swanky apartment, especially one with such a wonderful view of the city below.

Taking the pistol and giving the angelic hostess an amused little quirk of the eyebrow, the mercenary turns her gaze towards the window and takes aim, following the disc's trajectory and leading it between her sights before firing a couple of shots. The first one misses, but the second does manage to clip the disc - it's not a dead on bullseye, but it's not a mere grazing shot at the very least. Cantata frowns both at the results and the weapon in question; she mainly employed ballistic weapons, and the lack of recoil would take a little adjustment.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

Well, those were all fairly reasonable answers. For the most part, Kara is a pretty reasonable kid, so "you're not old/practiced enough to do the complex stuff without hurting people" actually does resonate with her.
    Maybe all that time with the cleric training helped too.

"Okedoke. I'll just keep helping people and practice making decorations! That stuff is still important and fun!"
    A toothy, genuinely-not-disappointed grin is presented along with this. She's not put out, she understands!
    After giggling away the little nose boop, she finds a comfortable perch on her mom's shoulders and points off towards the door.

"Okay! To breakfast! Dinner? I'm not sure. Food!"
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #359

[Zee's Suite in Trog's]

"Yes, off to food we go!" Zee agrees.

Zee heads for the door and-

Hmm...

Where IS the door, exactly?

That's a bit of a puzzle, isn't it?

After a bit of searching, she eventually finds it outlined by a visually pleasing weave of vines. Open the door and off through it she goes!

She'll just pop back up here later and see to the garden.

Surely nothing terrible will happen while she's gone.

30. - Top - End - #360

Fel's House

Wooooooo! Violet calls as Fel and her bamf in. Hell yeah! Magic. She's leaning pretty heavily against Fel. Woooooo. She says again, less enthusiastic this time. Her eyes are blinking pretty slowly.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show