New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

Old Mall

It's buckin' me you bay. Violet calls out, before realising the problem. Oh, I mean, I guess I'm a buckin' horse with wings now. It's Violet. She says, looking around to see if she can spot the source of the voice, moving so that she can dive into cover if they start firing on her. We banged?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [An Imperative Ritual]

Astrana smiles back. "That's since I don't, Val. Meeting new entities like this is always stressful, this one in particular. In my day to day business I use a established clientele. Entities that I know and trust, right now you're performing the hardest part of my job. Things like this usually just come up every so often and that's what all my experience is for and you don't have any of that."
    [An Imperative Ritual]

"Ah..." Well that's nerve wracking. "Well, I guess there's nothing to do but start?" Oh boy, she sounds nervous now.

3. - Top - End - #1173

Old Mall

"Violet? You don't sound the same at- oh, you got Nex'd, huh?" A loud sigh comes from Cass's direction, before she appears, stepping out of what looked to be a shoe store, once.

Her clothing and overall appearance hasn't changed, but now she's carrying a large duffel bag. "Ouch, you're one of those things from the cartoons, too. Well, hope you can fix that soon," she says, adjusting her grip on the bag. "You okay, other than that?"

4. - Top - End - #1174

Old Mall

Violet lifts off, floating upside down toward Cass. Yeah it bucking blows. Ice cream tastes way better now though. And soft drinks. Sugar in general. I dunno I'm like... fine. I guess. Bit lonely. The buck's she telling Cass that for anyway? Who cares. Not her bucking problem. How come you're in this dump anyway? She asks, floating around Cass 6 or 7 feet off the ground.

Show

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [BC's HQ]

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    "Well..." Oliver scratches the back of his neck. "If I'm honest, I still fall into my greedy habits at times. As long as it's not hurting those who don't deserve it, why shouldn't I grab some extra valuables?" This is something Oliver has never admitted out loud before, though it's certainly always been at the back of his mind. There's a tinge of embarrassment to his voice as he says this.

He ignores the sense of being watched, dismissing it as his mind psyching him out.
    The guy slowly draws in some air over his many teeth.
    "Theft and greed, that's a subtle distinction. And of course, you decide who's deserving, don't you?"
    His face twists into a smile.
    "It'll do. Come on, let's head back into the main base."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1176

Old Mall

"Hah, I should try ice cream. Got real expensive once cows went extinct back in the '30s." Cass looks around in the mall. "I've got plans, and, well, they're too big to be copped up in some house. I need a base."

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    The guy slowly draws in some air over his many teeth.
    "Theft and greed, that's a subtle distinction. And of course, you decide who's deserving, don't you?"
    His face twists into a smile.
    "It'll do. Come on, let's head back into the main base."
    Oliver walks his way over to the guy, saying, "While yes, I do decide who deserves it, I tend to do so by looking at how much they help others compared to how much they hurt others, as well as who they help and hurt." Stopping by the guy, he says, "However, I have the feeling that you guys will show me why that could be wrong, and hey, if I can be redeemed once in my life I can certainly be redeemed again." The first part, explaining how he decides who's deserving and suspecting that they'll show him why it could be wrong, is true. The redemption comment is also true, but Oliver doesn't think he needs redeeming a second time.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-06-09 at 03:40 PM.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

8. - Top - End - #1178

Old Mall

This place is kind of a dump, no offense. Violet says, flying a bit further afield and peering through a broken window into an old clothing store, before not immediately seeing a weapon and losing interest. What're you doing with it? Need help? This is how friendship works right? A mercenary exchange of services until they each rely on the other's help so much that they can't easily cut and run?

Show

9. - Top - End - #1179

Old Mall

"It's not so bad, all the supports are still up." Cass looks around for the breaker room. "It's kinda hard to explain, but... yeah, I could use people. It's just not a typical job."

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Scaleback's Apartment

"I did not know there were centaurs in the the Basket. Where are you from, Sir Domhnall? Serrisil, of course, but which world?" She doesn't know all the different nations, states and governments that rule parts of each world on the Great Oak, but she knows the larger worlds attached to the world tree. Sir Domhnall probably doesn't come from one of them, though it'd likely be easier on Geneva if he did.

From the worlds of the Great Oak, it's unlikely they'll be further cross-overs into Nexus, in Scaleback's apartment or anywhere else for that matter; the tree is deliberately moving away. Does mean there's likely a time limit on how long the dwarfs and Jystereiel can get back safely, however.
    [Scaleback's Apartment]

"Miss, to be entirely frank, I don't think the world I'm from is any that you know of. Also, I'm an Ebeul! Centaurs are horses."

Presently, several officers arrive to arrest the dwaves, including one human, one orc, one harpy, and a hippo-fellow who looks like he could seriously arm-wrestle Scaleback if he worked out a little more.
    "Um, we'll take them from here, Mrs. Richards. Thanks." he says, tipping his cap respectfully.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

11. - Top - End - #1181

Old Mall

Yeah? Try me. She says, poking through the front display of a sporting goods store, picking up a baseball bat (...somehow?) and giving it a couple practice swings. Sure whatever that'd work.I ain't got anything better to do. Might as well help out. She says, floating back toward Cass. Flying was ok at least.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1182

Old Mall

Cass shrugs. "Alright, since you're asking and I don't really think I can do this on my own." She opens a breaker box, and examines the fuses. "It's a... ugh, I don't know if gang's the right word? We're definitely gonna beat some drek up. But I dunno, I see some real messed up things here in the Nexus, people with diseases that were cured a long time ago, or people getting mugged while the cops don't do crap. I feel like I can do something about that, you know? Make things easier for the people here just trying to make their way."
    Last edited by Devixer; 2019-06-10 at 12:15 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Old Mall

I saw someone with buckin' leprosy! Violet says, with probably more humour than Cass would like. So is it gonna be like a charity or what. Cause like... I mean you're cool but I dunno how much I can help with like taking donations and ponyfeathers like that. Buck that means she might not get to hang out with Cass. Wasn't that like the whole point? Still slightly unsure why this was so important to her, Violet continues. I mean I guess I can learn.

Show

14. - Top - End - #1184

Old Mill

Cass sighs. "Yeah, I see diseases that are long gone where I'm from, but here they're on a comeback tour." She allowed herself a grin. "Charity? Nah, I'm still a shadowrunner at heart, and I still know how to steal. I just think I can put my skills to better use. Not that I know how to do any of this..."

15. - Top - End - #1185

Old Mall

Violet grins. This was more familiar territory. Now stealin' junk? That I can do. You got a score? Someone to fence it through? Violet asks, looking around the mall as she thinks. Gonna base outta here... I guess it's secluded enough. Probably wanna cut down on the sightlines some, Close off most of the ground level entrances. You got any materials or should we do that first?

Show

16. - Top - End - #1186

Old Mall

Cass shrugs. "Don't really have a mark in mind yet, but that's easily fixed." She looked around the stores, looking for something to board up the entrances. "Nah, I don't have much yet. Kinda working from nothing.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Old Mall

Any construction nearby? Violet asks. We can pull this place apart for stuff but that sounds like a pain in the rump. Easier to just hit a building site up at night. She says, before glancing up through a convenient skylight. We got some time to burn before then I guess. She says, frowning as she looks down at herself. Some of the more fun options are probably out of the question now, huh? Buck.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1188

Old Mall

"I'm sure there's something around here. Lots of places that try to build something, then just stop for some Nexus reason or another." Cass looks at the powered off lights and frowns. "Damn, I wish I knew how electricity worked."

19. - Top - End - #1189

Old Mall

A tingle rolls up the back of Violet's spine as Cass makes a wish. She can feel it, the power to turn the wish into reality. Celestia what a waste that'd be. Cass can pick up a textbook. Here lemme have a look. She floats over to the fusebox, pulling a toolbelt out of her satchel and buckling it around herself. She pulls out a pair of wirecutters and a small yellow sci-fi looking tool which she uses to check the power through each wire. Probably just a mouse ate through the cabling or something. It's a buckin' pain in the rump to fix lemme tell ya. Her fancy yellow tool will send a pulse of power through each wire, just enough to get the lights to flicker if the wires are alright. Something to do to pass the time at least.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2019-06-12 at 09:46 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [An Imperative Ritual]

"Ah..." Well that's nerve wracking. "Well, I guess there's nothing to do but start?" Oh boy, she sounds nervous now.
    [An Imperative Ritual]

Ick, that had the opposite of the intended effect. What a blunder. "Erm, what I meant is that yes, its going to be difficult. But what you're doing isn't just my everyday job, you're doing something much more important than that. Not to mention that we have gone through all the necessary preparations so we have the odds on our side here. You feel prepared, don't you? We got all the time in the world otherwise, there is no time limit to this."

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [BC's HQ]

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    Oliver walks his way over to the guy, saying, "While yes, I do decide who deserves it, I tend to do so by looking at how much they help others compared to how much they hurt others, as well as who they help and hurt." Stopping by the guy, he says, "However, I have the feeling that you guys will show me why that could be wrong, and hey, if I can be redeemed once in my life I can certainly be redeemed again." The first part, explaining how he decides who's deserving and suspecting that they'll show him why it could be wrong, is true. The redemption comment is also true, but Oliver doesn't think he needs redeeming a second time.
    Well, if he thought he needed more redemption, probably he'd still be at GLoG.

The guy leads the way back through the stepping stones towards the doorway out.
    "You're probably not doing bad. But the thing is we never have the whole story."
    "Thus, the first rule is 'no killing people'. Tha's damn hard to take back if you're wrong. And we oughtta be good enough not to need to kill someone to win a fight."

"Now, let me think, how can a thief help out..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Scaleback's Apartment]

"Miss, to be entirely frank, I don't think the world I'm from is any that you know of. Also, I'm an Ebeul! Centaurs are horses."

Presently, several officers arrive to arrest the dwaves, including one human, one orc, one harpy, and a hippo-fellow who looks like he could seriously arm-wrestle Scaleback if he worked out a little more.
    "Um, we'll take them from here, Mrs. Richards. Thanks." he says, tipping his cap respectfully.
    [Scaleback's Apartment]

Scaleback nods to the group of officers, "Thanks. If you need anything, let me know; I've gotta check on their kidnapping victim," And with that, she'll head into the living room, where her bed is located (along with the princess that had been put down in it).

The massive woman is on her way to the kitchen to pull out ingredients for a meatball sub before long, "Anything you can't eat? I figure you must be hungry after all that," And food is a great way to get people to open up.
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-06-13 at 12:13 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

[An Imperative Ritual]

"No no, I really don't want to wait any longer." Valerie steels herself. "I'm ready. Really."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2019-06-13 at 02:40 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Well, if he thought he needed more redemption, probably he'd still be at GLoG.

The guy leads the way back through the stepping stones towards the doorway out.
    "You're probably not doing bad. But the thing is we never have the whole story."
    "Thus, the first rule is 'no killing people'. Tha's damn hard to take back if you're wrong. And we oughtta be good enough not to need to kill someone to win a fight."

"Now, let me think, how can a thief help out..."
    True, though Oliver's comment was more meant to convey that he's willing to learn their side of the story.

Oliver nods, this making sense to him. This guy seems so nice, how could this group be as bad as that detective said? "I suppose anything that requires finesse or stealth could be right up my alley."
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

25. - Top - End - #1195

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    Old Mall

A tingle rolls up the back of Violet's spine as Cass makes a wish. She can feel it, the power to turn the wish into reality. Celestia what a waste that'd be. Cass can pick up a textbook. Here lemme have a look. She floats over to the fusebox, pulling a toolbelt out of her satchel and buckling it around herself. She pulls out a pair of wirecutters and a small yellow sci-fi looking tool which she uses to check the power through each wire. Probably just a mouse ate through the cabling or something. It's a buckin' pain in the rump to fix lemme tell ya. Her fancy yellow tool will send a pulse of power through each wire, just enough to get the lights to flicker if the wires are alright. Something to do to pass the time at least.
    Old Mall

Cass raises an eyebrow at Violet as she just somehow knows electricity, and the lights start to flicker. "Guess being a weird as hell cartoon horse has some benefits? I still can't get over it. Can't get over the self-censoring you do now, either," she says.

26. - Top - End - #1196

Old Mall

Am I still buckin' doing that? She asks, frowning as the lights flicker. Power flow's bucked... she mutters to herself. Or a cut between here and the main... Nah it completely blows. I used to work maintenance, this stuff's easy. Power goes in one end stuff turns on at the other. She flips all the switches to on just in case, but if that doesn't restore power she's gonna flip a toggle on her little yellow tool, which will start beeping when she holds it near wires. She'll follow the wires through the walls, talking as she goes. You hooked up to the mains here?

Show

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Orc in the Playground

Scaleback's Apartment

When they see the orc, the dwarfs start to mutter in Esperanto but don't resist being taken away. Geneva can probably tell they're discussing what to do if any of them wind up alone with the orc. The consensus, given they're unarmed, is 'try to run away, and if that fails hope they die quick'. They seem to think the orc's thinking the same kind of things, just directed at them.

"Oh, I see." She inclines her head, but doesn't really. If Domhnall doesn't think he's a centaur, she's not going to argue with him. She gasps when she sees Emily and tries to crawl away on the bed. She's never seen anything like Emily before, and given that she also doesn't know where she is, she's already reasonably nervous.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

28. - Top - End - #1198

[Scaleback's Apartment]

Geneva waves farewell to the officers and horrible dwarfs!

Bye!

And then while everyone else is seeing to kidnap victims?

She begins to SCIENCE! at the rapidly decaying rift.

She needs to use this outing to accomplish something, after all.

Aside from, y'know, finding this super neat telesphere.

'Finding'.

Sadly it doesn't appear as though it'll be working much longer.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

Scaleback’s Apartment

The dwarves get hauled away by the officers. Mostly by the human and the orc; the werehippo seems nervous about touching them despite being massive by the standards of anyone present besides Scaleback.
    ”Don’t be rude now, Princess. That’s our host. And she can whip ye’ up a mighty good meal if you let her.” Domhnall tells her sternly
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2019-06-14 at 02:39 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

[Scaleback's Apartment]

"It is in fact my bed that you're currently scrabbling over," Emily says, tones of amusement in her voice. It seems she's not offended by the frightened girl; Emily is rather scary, after all, "I hope you like tea. I don't drink it much myself, but Earl Grey is always nice."

The wall separating the kitchen from the living room has a broad empty window in it, allowing those in the living room to see into the kitchen where Emily is working. She needs something quick and hearty for everyone here, that's good for both plant and meat-eaters. For now, she'll pull a hunk of ham out of the fridge, some eggs, and bread to toast. Yeah, it's not exactly breakfast time, but you deal with the situation you've got, and she didn't expect to have three different guests, one of which is a large predator. "I need to know how much ham to cook. I'll want some for myself, of course, but I don't know if you want any."

"You too, Geneva! You want any ham?" She calls out to the scientist in the hallway.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.