New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Countryside]

The gremlin continues screaming and flailing around, but can't manage to get out from underhoof.
    How to get the clothes away from him without letting him escape is left as an exercise for the heroes.

He really has no idea what Koshal is saying because he's really, really stupid.
    Not like he's an uncivilized wildman.
    Not like he's a misbehaving dog.
    This guy has all the mental faculties of an average termite. At best.
    He has no idea what Koshal is saying because he has no ideas, period.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-10-27 at 08:31 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Home 24: A house in this market?

[Trick or Treating]

Khannie takes a step closer to the frog in a box.

Then another step.

Then another.

Then leans down over the box, hands reaching, closer. Clooser. CLOOOOOOSER!

Then she pounces!

The illusion swirls away like mist as soon as she touches it. However-!

"I got it!" she declares, holding up the frog triumphantly. She immediately stuffs the chocolate frog in her bag before it can get away again.

Take that, frog!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Halfling in the Playground

[Thad's Apartment]

"That is a very fine point! I suppose I am held somewhat captive, then, am I not? I must make sure this apartment is kept, or else," Viviana cedes, fluttering her dusky lashes at Lucy. Her eyes widen a little and she erupts with a larking peal of laughter at Thad's reaction and his explanation. "Oh, don't worry, lovely boy. You think correctly. And don't talk like that - we can do a great deal more than stand you. Sarcadian fancies you terribly. I would anticipate more gratuitous gifts and expensive favors in your future."

Vivi goes on eating her breakfast then - apparently happy to tease them both and let them stew. Her table manners are terrible, and she is absolutely ravenous.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

4. - Top - End - #124

Trick or Treating

Endok bursts into a little round of applause. Well done Khannie! So cool. Olon says.

She's right, it is cool.

Come on we gotta get to more houses! Endok calls to Khannie. He's stowed his frogs away and made sure they were happy in their nest of candy before cinching his candy bag closed. Oh yeah, mum'll get mad if we're out too late. Olon says, remembering.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"Still got a bit of the old Magtok ego in you then, eh?" Ithuriel chuckles, giving Ambriel a little nudge in the side. Maaaybe going a bit too far with the teasing there? "But there's big, important things you're better at anyway. You said it yourself, you're the negotiator, right? I only managed to talk my way out of the mess I got into with the raiders by promising them something that I have no idea if I can even provide! Honestly, there were a few points where I thought for sure I was going to end up brawling with the their giant wolf-lady leader, and that was never going to end well." A little more context might have helped there, but hopefully Ambriel can more-or-less follow along with that: Big scary raiders, questionable promises made to keep things from turning violent.

"And if you want one more, you're the best lover I've ever had." Ithuriel leans in to give Ambriel a kiss on the cheek in turn. That's got to mean something to him, right? He's definitely better than she is at that! As well as however many other people have spent a night with her...
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

6. - Top - End - #126

[Trick or Treating]

Khannie might be covered in grass stains now, but her friends think she's cool.

All is well.

"Right! More candy!" she declares triumphantly. "How about... umm... how about that one?" she asks, pointing at another house across the street. "Do you guys want to knock this time?"

Khannie pauses at the intersection, glancing both ways for traffic, then skips across. Even if there WERE cars out right now,they would all be going slow and watching for Trick or Treaters.

Or at least one would hope so.

7. - Top - End - #127

Trick or Treating

That sounds like a perfectly reasonable selection of house to the dwarves. OK!

The dwarves have not been educated on proper road safety and walk straight across the intersection without looking. Lucky the night is so quiet! They march up to the doorway (or airlock, or cave entrance, or, or, or...) and knock.

Show

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"Still got a bit of the old Magtok ego in you then, eh?" Ithuriel chuckles, giving Ambriel a little nudge in the side. Maaaybe going a bit too far with the teasing there? "But there's big, important things you're better at anyway. You said it yourself, you're the negotiator, right? I only managed to talk my way out of the mess I got into with the raiders by promising them something that I have no idea if I can even provide! Honestly, there were a few points where I thought for sure I was going to end up brawling with the their giant wolf-lady leader, and that was never going to end well." A little more context might have helped there, but hopefully Ambriel can more-or-less follow along with that: Big scary raiders, questionable promises made to keep things from turning violent.

"And if you want one more, you're the best lover I've ever had." Ithuriel leans in to give Ambriel a kiss on the cheek in turn. That's got to mean something to him, right? He's definitely better than she is at that! As well as however many other people have spent a night with her...
    "You were around back when this was all Town, right? Just based off what I've seen in the memory files, I'm going to take that as a big compliment, and not ask any further questions." Those were pretty lewd times, those Town days. Of course, Magtok himself had refused to partake in any of it, and wouldn't so much as think about dating until Elly came along, but he was well aware of what was going on around him. There were a lot more devils, divinities, and vampires in those days, hard at work creating as many nephilim and crossbreeds and whatever you call a half-vampire (dhampir?) as possible. Of course, that's assuming Ithuriel interacted with or even remembers any of those people, but let's not worry about those kinds of details, or anything else that might lessen our number one status even a little. Just be happy we're number one and don't question it.

"Oh, and if you ever need help with those raiders, Faction's in the market for anything that'll give them a sense of legitimacy and clout in Nexus politics." Things haven't gone so well for them in Riverside, and it remains to be seen whether he'll have an opportunity to manipulate Felandria, the new mayor, or if his people will get chased back into hiding by The General's overwhelming numbers and weaponry.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Thad's Place

Thankfully for Thad, he can safely ignore most of the conversation but when a question is actually asked of him, he coughs and sputters as he was in the middle of taking a drink of coffee. He coughs for a few moments more, wiping his mouth on a napkin before fidgeting a bit. Thankfully the coughing hides the embarrassment from his cheeks as he's made to talk about this. "It's...ah...I like to think it is a bit deeper than that." He admits. "They're...uh...wealthy benefactors who pay others for companionship. And that's putting it a fair bit more properly than it usually is. I at least plan to stick around as long as you two can stand me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Thad's Apartment]

"That is a very fine point! I suppose I am held somewhat captive, then, am I not? I must make sure this apartment is kept, or else," Viviana cedes, fluttering her dusky lashes at Lucy. Her eyes widen a little and she erupts with a larking peal of laughter at Thad's reaction and his explanation. "Oh, don't worry, lovely boy. You think correctly. And don't talk like that - we can do a great deal more than stand you. Sarcadian fancies you terribly. I would anticipate more gratuitous gifts and expensive favors in your future."

Vivi goes on eating her breakfast then - apparently happy to tease them both and let them stew. Her table manners are terrible, and she is absolutely ravenous.
    [Thad's Apartment]

"Well, Sarcadian certainly sounds like quite a character. And it sounds like you might be set for life, eh Thad?" What interesting people Lucy has stumbled across here. Certainly not a night she'll regret anyway. "I suppose if there's no danger of Thad losing his apartment, I cooould free you from your captivity, Vivi, and give you some other means of contacting me. After all, I might not find myself in need of a rest stop any time soon." She leans a little closer to Vivi, staring and smiling at her, drinking in her beauty and letting out a soft, quiet whistle of adoration, "If I may be so bold - what if you find yourself longing for a repeat of this night before I do? Whatever would you do, wondering and waiting wistfully in the hope that I grace this place with my presence again..." She reaches out with a finger to gently trace along Vivi's jawline, then goes right back to indulging in her own little breakfast feast.

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

Ithuriel decides to engage in a spot of mind-reading, "More than a few, but probably not as many as you're thinking to yourself right now. Still enough for you to feel proud of yourself though." Or as the mere mortals amongst us would call it, educated guesswork. Ithuriel's been around a long time though, so a few is probably still quite a few. But if Ambriel's still got a touch of the ol' Magtok ego, he probably thought of a very silly number.

"I don't know if it'd be smart to bring you in to help negotiations with the raiders. You would be an absolute lifesaver, I'm sure, but I don't think they'd like it if I tried to alter the deal or bring someone else in. However-" She pokes his chest, "You are definitely going to be my consultant on this and anything else like this I get myself caught up in." Hopefully that's a fair deal, right? "Before I'm willing to bring you and your friends in on anything from the start though, I need to meet them. Feeling brave enough to show me off in front of them?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Cabin - Private Party]

"I suppose your teleportation makes it easier to be remote without being isolated," says Cass. "I'm working on it myself, but for now shopping is a pain."

She smiles lazily as Fayyaad makes his suggestion, watching him stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

Trick or Treating

It's a door! A perfectly normal door, at that. Even if it's not currently attached to a visible house. It's pulled open, revealing a man standing behind it. Or, at least, it looks like it could be a man. They're short, only about a metre tall, and wear a long pink dress with clearly fake boobs underneath. They have a long, bare foot, with five toes, though the big toe is in the middle. The monopod has a well-trimmed moustache, tanned skin and green eyes. The moustache is brown, but their hair is hidden under a long, blonde wig and a plastic silver tiara. "Ah, hello?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Electra blinks for a moment, watching Fayyaad stretch. She forgot that he doesn't know about her technopathy. Neither did Cass, until now. Oh well, it's not such a huge secret anymore. She blushes slightly.

"I guess I've never told you about it, but I can mentally access electronic devices and take control of them more or less at the hardware level. It's something I seem to have acquired when I arrived in the Nexus; I'm still not entirely sure where it came from. But if you'd like to be in a more cozy atmosphere this evening, we can certainly bring some wood in for the fireplace here."

She nods at Cass after a moment.

"Yeah, it does definitely help. I'm surprised, though, I'd have thought you'd be able to teleport more than I can. I have a mass limit, after all, but I understand that there are some magic users who can teleport massive objects around."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

"That... does sound useful and potentially overwhelming at the same time. Like having very acute senses, I suspect. You can recognize sounds easily but noise will overwhelm you."

He has little to add on the topic of teleportation, so he will simply help bring the wood in and proceed to light the fire with pyromancy. He sits down in front of the fire afterwards, slightly winded from the effort.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #134

[Trick or Treating]

A door standing in the middle of a grassy law isn't too weird.

An awkward gnome with one leg, though?

That's a little weirder. Khannie has seen guys dressed as princesses before, though. Usually with a little blue dress and a magic tiara in their hair.

Who wouldn't want to be a magical princess?

Magical princesses are cool.

"Trick or treat!"
    Khannie declares, holding her goodie bag out whilst being careful to make sure her chocolate frogs don't escape.

Again.

That would be tragic.

15. - Top - End - #135

Ithuriel's Demiplane

"Hrm. They already knew about us before we did, so there shouldn't be much that needs saying. Ah, buuuuut I'd have to get up to do all that, wouldn't I?" Ambriel punctuates his rhetorical question with a lazy yawn, putting an arm around the angel and smiling that dumb little grin of his. It doesn't last long, though. He takes a moment to really consider the prospect of showing her around the hideout, and his brow furrows with uncertainty.

"They uhh...they don't get out much, though. Needs is the only genuinely unhinged one, but they're all still MagClones figuring out how to be individuals. I can't guarantee you're going to befriend everyone, but they're good people, mostly." Vlad's a bloodthirsty maniac eager for his next fight, Haz still acts like he's trying out for a job with Remnant, and the less said about Squiddly, the better. Still, they should be able reel their neuroses back long enough to make a good first impression on Ithuriel, right? I mean, it'd only take...what, five, ten minutes of their time?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #136

Trick or Treating

Trick or treat! Trick or treat! Pair of pros we have here. They've both got their candy bags out and ready too. Endok (the smaller, 5 o'clock shadow having dwarf) is wearing the teal, waxy carapace of some horrid creature that's had three googly eyes affixed to it. His chocolate frogs are sleeping quite happily inside his candy bag, nestled in amongst some sour worms. Olon (the larger, Drake beard having dwarf) Has many ribs of bone wrapped around her with patchy feathers sticking out every which way from them. She also has a menacing bone spike on her forehead. Her chocolate frog is looking up at the monopod curiously.

Hey how come you only have a door and not the rest of a house? Olon asks, very sensibly I think.

Show

17. - Top - End - #137

[Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"Fair point. No rush, right? We want to make sure you've recovered fully before we go out." Ithuriel chuckles, holding Ambriel nice and close to her. In a situation like this it does become very hard to convince herself to actually get up and do anything. She has food, she has a nice comfortable bed, she has very pleasant company, what more could an angel ask for? "We can't delay things tooo long though, I've got an early start tomorrow, and a volunteer shift at a soup kitchen after I get off duty. My schedule is, ah, quite full these days." Ithuriel lets out a sigh, "Busy busy Ithuriel, can't spend as long as she'd like getting re-acquainted with her-"

Pause.

Awkward pause.

Long awkward pause.

Hesitantly, "Wings, what is this for you?"

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Trick or Treating

Good thing Khannie didn't call him a gnome to his face; he's a monopod, not a gnome. And it doesn't look particularly awkward; he's always had one leg, and it's as wide as his torso is.

"I do have a rest of a house. It's just not located on this plot of land. This door lets me enter Inside. I've got other doors, too." He doubts he's heard of the towns and cities he has other doors; they aren't in Nexus. Though Nexus is where he gets the fewest stares.

He turns and leaves the door open wide enough that the children can see a lushly appointed hallway, with thick red carpet and art deco furniture and styling. He hops down the corridor, his balance pretty good considering he's got only one leg and he's moving by jumping. He grabs a bowl and hops back, a slight frown on his face. "I don't have any sweets for you, but I do have these. Minor magical trinkets, not edible but that just means they'll last longer, right?" He'll hand Endok a black granite cube. Khannie gets a lump of red jasper with a hole through the middle. Olon is given a green serpentine carving of a three-eyed snake. "I hope you like them. The cube hums a tune if it's water, you can modulate the pitch and such by varying the depth and purity of water. That jasper has a shielded portal in it, look through it to see a strange world. The snake will keep away bad dreams if you keep it near your bed. Or, put it on its back near some one else's bed, and they'll get bad dreams. So long as they don't notice it, turn it the other way and move it."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

19. - Top - End - #139

[Tina's Place]

Fettina and Cantata arrive at the always ritzy Sagittarius Towers, a massive and skinny skyscraper with disc-shaped apartments seeming to grow out from a single central spire. The structure seems almost flimsy from down here.

As they enter, the lobby seems to be empty, save for a couple of trash bins, a small wall console, and the elevator doors. The latter seem to fly open when Tina simply approaches, no button press or sign-in required. A small cylindrical compartment awaits.

"Where do you live at, Cantata? Here in the city somewhere?" Fettina asks her as she folds her wings to make it inside the elevator.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #140

Ithuriel's Demiplane

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Ithuriel's Demiplane]

"Fair point. No rush, right? We want to make sure you've recovered fully before we go out." Ithuriel chuckles, holding Ambriel nice and close to her. In a situation like this it does become very hard to convince herself to actually get up and do anything. She has food, she has a nice comfortable bed, she has very pleasant company, what more could an angel ask for? "We can't delay things tooo long though, I've got an early start tomorrow, and a volunteer shift at a soup kitchen after I get off duty. My schedule is, ah, quite full these days." Ithuriel lets out a sigh, "Busy busy Ithuriel, can't spend as long as she'd like getting re-acquainted with her-"

Pause.

Awkward pause.

Long awkward pause.

Hesitantly, "Wings, what is this for you?"

"You mean right now? I-" He pauses, actually taking a moment to think about his answer, and wonder whether his honest truth lines up with what Ithuriel wants to hear right now. He shouldn't let that influence what he says either way, though. I mean, she'd see through a lie, and there's no reason to lie right now, is there? Just figure out what you feel, Ambriel, and worry about her reaction to it later.

"Well, if you finish that sentence with 'reacquainted with her fake angel boyfriend,' I'm not going to jump out of the bed in terror and try to find the portal out of here, if that answers your question. I think we're moving a little fast, but...well, who cares? I mean really, who cares? Everyone used to get married after only about seven minutes, so we're a model of restraint by old world standards, and...and really, who cares? Conditions are never going to be perfect. Nobody's going to float down from the heavens and tell us the proper number of dates to have before we can call ourselves anything. Neither of us are going to suddenly drop dead if we find out we're not actually that great together; we both have lives outside of what we're doing now. Fast is fine, and we're both over-complicating this by worrying about every little thing. I'm fine with being-" Ambriel stops, looks up at her, and tries to calm down a little. Stupid melodramatic monologuing tendencies, still creeping up on him even after all this time?

"...I mean, assuming I'm not misreading this whole situation, that you do want to make us a thing." She does, right? She wouldn't have said all that stuff and hunted breakfast if they were just going to be casual friends with benefits, right?
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

Late in the evening, Sophie returns home. She would have called Trick to tell her she would be late and here she is now. She looks rather tired and has the air of a woman whose world is somewhat wobbly right now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie, upon walking in the door, is greeted by three things - the horned warlock she's made a life with, the affection of an invisible panther butting her head into Sophie's hip, and the offer of a cup of hot chocolate, "You look tired," Trick says, smiling with that loving look on her face, "I've got some food cooking. Go find a place to sit and I'll bring you dinner when it's ready in a few minutes."

There's a fire crackling, Sophie's chair in that one extremely comfortable place in front of the brickwork fireplace. Blankets nearby and soft music meant to make the place feel as cozy as possible. It seems Trick set up the place to be as comfortable as humanly possible tonight.
    Last edited by Halae; 2018-11-03 at 05:53 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

Despite being dog-tired and rattled from several life-changing revelation, Sophie feels better already. At least now she doesn't have to face all that life throws at her alone, does she? She scratches the panther's invisible head on instinct.

"You're the best, Trick. I'll just wait there. This has been the weirdest day... in a while."

Sophie will sit down at the fireplace with her chocolate in hand. Nicholas looks up as she enters, but decides not to vacate his spot on Szarn's back.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

Szarn, for his part, is laid out on the floor near the fire, the massive wolf panting happily from his usual spot on an oversized heating blanket, looking up at Sophie with doggy happiness. As she settles in, the cockatrice Beaky moves up to her and croons to be invited up onto her lap - he's old and getting a bit frail and can't make the jump on his own. Sapphire, the panther, pads over to her own place by the fire and settles in, fading into view as she closes her eyes. the blue whorls and patterns over her body glint in the firelight as she goes in for a nap.

Trick, for her part, moves into the kitchen. Her voice is calm and quiet, but carrying through the currently quiet house with ease, "So, do you want to talk about what happened today, or just relax and unwind over dinner first?"

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie will take Beaky into her lap and stroke the old cockatrice's head.

"I need to talk about it first," she tells her wife. "It's all too fresh in my mind to really relax."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

Beaky lets out pleased sounds as he settles into Sophie's lap, his scaly head resting between her hip and the arm of the chair.

"Then tell me what happened," Trick says, nothing but support in her voice. The smells of chicken cooking waft in through the open doorways.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

Sophie breathes out as she begins her recount. Hard to imagine it happened less than a day ago...

"A child, Sasha, was brought to our daycare," she starts. "Or... well, I think she's a child. When I used my Second Sight on her, I saw... darkness, and some horrid creatures crawling inside her. The man who had brought her said he'd return after a day, but he didn't. I asked Sasha if she can take me to him. She was reluctant... afraid of being put in 'the room'. But she agreed eventually. And brought me through..." she shivers. "It was some sort of nightmare-scape of darkness and lurking shape. We emerged near a decrepit laboratory. I broke the lock on the door and entered, but Sasha stayed outside. In the laboratory, I eventually found the man who'd brought her, a doctor Xeyal. As it turns out, he and his wife had been experimenting with otherworldly beings, including a hive-mind he called the Yoru. But their daughter, Sasha, had somehow got into their laboratory and caused an accident. His wife died, and the Yoru got out and possessed Sasha." She pauses. "That's what he says, at least. As I talked to him, he eventually blew some hallucinogenic smoke into my face and fled. I pursued, and he sicced a chimera on me. I was trying to figure out how to get out of that one, when..." Another pause. "It's hard to describe it, but I'll never forget it. I felt like I expanded in my mind and my soul. Nothing was impossible, I just needed to will it to be. And I started to glow like a small sun. I told the chimera to heel, and it listened. I shot the bell Xeyal had been using to rile it up, and the bullet glowed like a fireball. Then I started to talk to him and he listened too. I just knew what to say to get him to stop trying to kill me and it worked."

28. - Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Nigel's Place]

"Oh god, oh god, oh god, it's going to be okay sweetie, shhh, oh god."
    A trailing titter from somewhere behind, sends the girl into a renewed sprint of pure panic, nearly wiping out as she turns down a corner holding a young boy.
    The boy stares wide-eyed over her shoulder, holding on tight as they run down the street.

Another little laugh. More panic.

She turns and runs up to house instead, doing her best to keep back the panicked scream building itself in the back of her throat.
    Banging on the door as hard as she can, she cries out to whoever is inside.
    "Help! Please, I need help! Oh god please open the door!"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mouchabière Residence]

"Sort of sounds like an empowerment effect," Trick says, entering the room, "When you're hit with enough energy at once, it sort of... expands into the aura around you. Everybody has one, but it's generally invisible. It's why magic takes on particular colors and shapes when used - it's your own energy being forced into a shape by a will, the combination of which results in something visible."

Trick does a little trick with her telekinesis, casting magic with her tail in lieu of her hands, both of which are filled. The magic moves one of the small folding tables she keeps around from the wall, and unfolds it next to Sophie's chair, and then she does the same for a second small table. Sophie will be able to see a small bit of blue energy distorting the air around her tail and the tables while the effect is active, "Just like that."

She lays the first of two plates down on the small table beside Sophie - mashed potatoes, broccoli covered in cheese sauce, a fair amount of chicken, and a buttered bun sit there, smelling absolutely delicious. Trick has much the same on her own plate as she sits down, "So, something supercharged your innate power, and from what you're saying it enhanced your ability to be convincing. What color was it? When did it go away?"

30. - Top - End - #150

Nigel's House

The building is a cramped little house squished between a couple larger ones, with a well maintained vegetable garden out the front that adds some colour and life to the brick veneer. The door (oak, painted red) swings open as a bleary eyed Nigel stares out at the pair. There's a half finished drink set down on a table near the door, and he's holding a pistol in the recently vacated hand. He's wearing a matching set of striped blue pajamas.

Hello? He says, taking them in. What's... what's going on. The pistol is held down in as non-threatening a manner as he can.

Show