New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

I'll use my action for the int and the bonus to bomb the weaker giant.
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

2. - Top - End - #212

SolithKnightGuy

Default Arcivus joins the frey

Arcivus shines like a beacon (activating holy nimbus) everyone within 30ft of him takes 10radiant damage if they start their turn in the light.

He then use his move to move within range of as many as possible, while still standing on top of the wall
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I'll use my action for the int and the bonus to bomb the weaker giant.
    The lone giant, weak and crippled, goes down in a burst of flame. His body thumps hard as he collapses.

You then take cover, pull out the tome and flip through a few pages.

Giant Lore.

It is said that some VERY old giants, and even then, only those of ancient lineage, can change. And these changes vary by giant type. You skip the lesser giants, as this phenomenon is clearly related to one of the greater giants-- cloud or storm.

No, not a cloud giant smiling one? No, but storm giant, YES! A storm giant quintessant(?).

You take a quick glance and are able to recall the following before shutting the tome front before leaving yourself open to an attack:

-A storm giant can delay death by becoming a storm themselves. Often times, these giants become mad with power, fear of death, despair, or some other extreme that leads to their transformation.

-They can be defeated, but only if they assume their giant (forsaken) form. In storm form, they are impervious.

-They control weather in and around their lair, which is typically indicative of extreme wind, thunder, lightning, and hail, snow, and/or rain.

-Once defeated, they will probably dissipate into the air, with the surrounding weather returning to "normal" conditions (although in the Doomblizzard Peaks, it is likely to still be very cold).

Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus shines like a beacon (activating holy nimbus) everyone within 30ft of him takes 10radiant damage if they start their turn in the light.

He then use his move to move within range of as many as possible, while still standing on top of the wall
    There is only a single hill giant that is within range, as the remaining giants have fanned out. Sure you want to stand atop the wall?

--

Initiative:

Leena: 30 (21 Temp HP, 15 Aid HP)
    Giants: 20 (1 Hill, 2 Frost, 1 Cloud)
    Xavier: 16 (HP: 155/162)
    Nimm: 14 (HP: 158/183)
    Storm Giant Quintessent: 12
    Arcivus: 5 (21 Temp HP, 15 Aid HP)

Wall HP:
    1: 16/90
    2: 90/90
    3: 53/90
    4: 26/90
    5: 16/90
    6: 22/90
    Last edited by DM7581; 2019-05-23 at 10:10 AM.
    Spoiler: Current Level/XP
    Show

Arcivus
    XP: 440,000/445,000
    Effective Level: 22

Dr. Nimm
    XP: 590,000/595,000
    Effective Level: 27

Xavier
    XP: 635,000/655,000
    Effective Level: 29

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oh, and as Dr. Nimm looks up in confirming what he has discovered, he can almost see the form of a giant swirl within the clouds overhead... as he is again struck with a cloud shaped javelin, this time for 24 damage.

You can deduce that this guy just does not miss with this thing. And it is starting to piss you off.

Concentration on the wall, however, is maintained.

--

Initiative:

Xavier: 16 (HP: 155/162)
    Nimm: 14 (HP: 134/183)

Wall HP:
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

5. - Top - End - #215

Fascinating (really).

Ooc: did you make this up or its in some guide? I've only skimmed my monster compendium.

Shouts: "It's a quintessent giant! Invulnerable in this state! Thin the rest out as much as we can. We may have to leave."

To himself: "We have to avoid it or make it materialize... But what are its motives? Only then can we bait it. Drat! This ambiguity is bad for my nerves..." Dr. Nimm's hands begin to tremor.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

I will attempt to telepathically communicate with the Storm Giant Quintessent.

"We are not your enemies. We are here seeking help to combat a great evil. An evil that will destroy you as well as us. Let us end this conflict now."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Fascinating (really).

Ooc: did you make this up or its in some guide? I've only skimmed my monster compendium.

Shouts: "It's a quintessent giant! Invulnerable in this state! Thin the rest out as much as we can. We may have to leave."

To himself: "We have to avoid it or make it materialize... But what are its motives? Only then can we bait it. Drat! This ambiguity is bad for my nerves..." Dr. Nimm's hands begin to tremor.
    DM secrets... no, j/k, it’s a new monster in one of the expansion books. But I throw a little customization here and there for rarity and to better fit the campaign world. The tarrasque ranged tail spines was one example (CR 30 and no ranged attack? An flying character can wear him down solo),

The lead cloud giant then addresses his clan (in giant) from afar as you forewarn the others.

Cloud Giant: This mortal’s knowledge of our kind will be his undoing! Take them alive! They will be a worthy sacrifice to the Storm King!

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    I will attempt to telepathically communicate with the Storm Giant Quintessent.

"We are not your enemies. We are here seeking help to combat a great evil. An evil that will destroy you as well as us. Let us end this conflict now."
    Quintessent: (loudly, in your mind, sounds like a male voice) HA, HA, HO, HO! Great evil? Destroy me? I cannot be destroyed, but rather it is you who should fear death. Ah, yes, I sense it. You do! Good! Oh, oh... there is power in you. I must... yes... I must have it.

He then goes eerily quiete. Sounds like a sicko.

--

Arcivus, sticking with your action on standing above the wall?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

8. - Top - End - #218

SolithKnightGuy

Default Buffs up my peeps!

Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    DM secrets... no, j/k, it’s a new monster in one of the expansion books. But I throw a little customization here and there for rarity and to better fit the campaign world. The tarrasque ranged tail spines was one example (CR 30 and no ranged attack? An flying character can wear him down solo),

The lead cloud giant then addresses his clan (in giant) from afar as you forewarn the others.

Cloud Giant: This mortal’s knowledge of our kind will be his undoing! Take them alive! They will be a worthy sacrifice to the Storm King!

Quintessent: (loudly, in your mind, sounds like a male voice) HA, HA, HO, HO! Great evil? Destroy me? I cannot be destroyed, but rather it is you who should fear death. Ah, yes, I sense it. You do! Good! Oh, oh... there is power in you. I must... yes... I must have it.

He then goes eerily quiete. Sounds like a sicko.

--

Arcivus, sticking with your action on standing above the wall?
    Arcivus moves to a spot where he is within 30ft of as many as possible granting them my auras. If possible it will be on the ground. He jumps if nessesary (Athletics: 13+16 = 29) *Superhero landing*

While doing all this he also have time to contemplate his knowledge about Quintessent beings (History/religion 6+17 = 23)

So atm Im giving (to allies within 30ft)
    Aura of protection +6saves,
    Aura from holy avenger: resistance to magic/magical effects
    Aura of devotion: immune to charm/fear
    Magic: bless for another 6 rounds
    Personal aura: continuous protection from good/evil
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2019-06-13 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Auras

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arcivus moves to a spot where he is within 30ft of as many as possible granting them my auras. If possible it will be on the ground. He jumps if nessesary (Athletics: 13+16 = 29) *Superhero landing*

While doing all this he also have time to contemplate his knowledge about Quintessent beings (History/religion 6+17 = 23)

So atm Im giving: +6saves, resistance to magic/magical effects, immune to charm/fear and bless for another 6 rounds
    Just to clarify, which auras are active? If you could list them, it would help. Its a lot to keep track of and this encounter has been moving slower than most, so memory fades.

This still keeps you behind the wall, however, to keep things simple.

Your knowledge of the being, based on Nimm's heads up is very limited Having had a dwarven friend and mentor in Rurik, however, you have some experience in giant lore. Storm Giants are the strongest and most powerful of the different giant types, which gets you thinking...

The recent events of the realm have revealed many creatures attempting to ascend into godhood. You all fought and defeated Chromaticus, a legitimate demi-god based on information granted (in)directly granted to you all by both Bahamut and Tiamat. Even Asmodeus confided in you that there may be a grab for power and that the gods were in fact dead and/or dying. Teleroth Baine's lich father, Azereus Baine, or the Black Scourge as he was known as a lich was another power possibly trying to attain godhood.

The impending invasion by the demons (assuming it has not already happened elsewhere where you all are not) is another sign of end of times.

it is very possible, that as the greatest of giant types, this one is no different than some of these others - simply trying to attain power, and possibly immortality.

Leena takes a few shots at the lone hill giant, since he is closest, and then hides back behind the wall. He takes 35.

The giants then go.

The hill giant maneuvers around and engages Xavier. He swings twice, but only catches his once for 18 damage. The frost giants close due south, so are now only partially affected by the wall. They close within about 20 feet of you all, but dig up some boulders and hurl them at you. One is aimed at Arcivus, and the other at Xavier. Luckily, both miss.

Finally, a strong gust of wind blows behind the wall, hitting Leena, and Dr. Nimm. It nearly topples you over, but you grasp a hold of the wall and maintain your footing. Then it quells. You look up, as if suspecting the Quintessant, and a low rumble is heard, with a soft flash of lightning, as it seems to have been angered by your continued resistance.

FYI: As previously stated with Arcivus, if you have any status effects up, or resistances, please note them at the end of your post.

Going full circle, back to Xavier, then Nimm.

--

Initiative:

Xavier: 16 (HP: 137/162)

Wall HP:
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

10. - Top - End - #220

First, I react to the attack that struck me. I activate Intellect Fortress (Psychic Backlash) and impose disadvantage on the attack. If the attack still succeeds, the attacker takes 2d10 (11) psychic damage.

Then, I attack the hill giant. I activate Mind Thrust and inflict 4d10+8+2 (29) psychic damage on my target. A DC 22 Intelligence Save negates the damage.

Last, I take cover next to Leena.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

First, I react to the attack that struck me. I activate Intellect Fortress (Psychic Backlash) and impose disadvantage on the attack. If the attack still succeeds, the attacker takes 2d10 (11) psychic damage.

Then, I attack the hill giant. I activate Mind Thrust and inflict 4d10+8+2 (29) psychic damage on my target. A DC 22 Intelligence Save negates the damage.

Last, I take cover next to Leena.
    The attack does land, despite the disadvantage, but your next blast fries the thing's brain and it topples over with a loud groan and thud.

Leena: Nice work!

She may be a little jealous that she does not have the highest kill count, but she appreciates the effort. They are one of her favored enemies after all.

Nimm!
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

12. - Top - End - #222

I toss two bombs at the hill giant closest.

Natural 20 and 4
    Rolled 4d8 twice for 14 and 24, +7 int= 45 damage!
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I toss two bombs at the hill giant closest.

Natural 20 and 4
    Rolled 4d8 twice for 14 and 24, +7 int= 45 damage!
    Xavier just blew the last hill giant's brains out, so I'll say you go for a frost giant (the cloud is further away and out of range).

You target the one to the left. He takes the blast, but is singed by the fire. He does not like heat much and grunts at you.

I feel like this sequence has been lagging, so let's pick it up and make it interesting...

Suddenly a loud voice is heard, along with a crack of thunder, as if one and the same.

Enough!

A swirling bolt of lightning and air strikes down in front of you all. The blast scatters the Wall of Stone that Nimm created instantly. The vortex of air starts to take shape-- in that of a massive humanoid form. As a result of the blast, Xavier and Leena are pushed back 10 feet and land prone. Arcivus and Nimm retain their footing.

Standing before you, rises a scantily clad, but powerfully built storm giant. Lightning sparks from one hand and erupts into a powerful sword. In his other, air solidifies into a large javelin.

Kneel! You are indeed powerful and will prove a worthy sacrifice!

In other news, commotion can be heard right below as it seems that Reli and Danae have company.

This brings us to Arcivus. The frost giants have flanked you on either side and the storm giant is ahead, very close. The cloud giant is the furthest away and not accessible unless you have a speed of 50+. It will take your action (Dash) to retreat toward Danae if that is what you decide to do.

--

Initiative:

Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

14. - Top - End - #224

SolithKnightGuy

Xavier just blew the last hill giant's brains out, so I'll say you go for a frost giant (the cloud is further away and out of range).

You target the one to the left. He takes the blast, but is singed by the fire. He does not like heat much and grunts at you.

I feel like this sequence has been lagging, so let's pick it up and make it interesting...

Suddenly a loud voice is heard, along with a crack of thunder, as if one and the same.

Enough!

A swirling bolt of lightning and air strikes down in front of you all. The blast scatters the Wall of Stone that Nimm created instantly. The vortex of air starts to take shape-- in that of a massive humanoid form. As a result of the blast, Xavier and Leena are pushed back 10 feet and land prone. Arcivus and Nimm retain their footing.

Standing before you, rises a scantily clad, but powerfully built storm giant. Lightning sparks from one hand and erupts into a powerful sword. In his other, air solidifies into a large javelin.

Kneel! You are indeed powerful and will prove a worthy sacrifice!

In other news, commotion can be heard right below as it seems that Reli and Danae have company.

This brings us to Arcivus. The frost giants have flanked you on either side and the storm giant is ahead, very close. The cloud giant is the furthest away and not accessible unless you have a speed of 50+. It will take your action (Dash) to retreat toward Danae if that is what you decide to do.

--

Initiative:

Meta: in the spirit of moving it along. I'll just take it that the commotion at Dana a real threat they need my help with and not just some random sound.

Arcivus move towards Danae preferably without using my action. If I'm within hitting reach I'll do that.
    23 hit 39dam
    33 hit 31dam
    "My sword has been screaming for something to bite into..." he says as he slashes
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Meta: in the spirit of moving it along. I'll just take it that the commotion at Dana a real threat they need my help with and not just some random sound.

Arcivus move towards Danae preferably without using my action. If I'm within hitting reach I'll do that.
    23 hit 39dam
    33 hit 31dam
    "My sword has been screaming for something to bite into..." he says as he slashes
    To further simplify things...

Leena: No, you stay! I'll check on them.

Leena is very quick on her feet, especially through rough terrain. Remember that there is a but of a downward rock climb that you would have to make to get to the lower level, which is why Reli could not make it up. As an athletic (Athlete feat) Ranger (Land's Stride), you have no doubt that she could make it down much quiker than you can. Plus she has shown to be formidable enough in combat.

You're call though.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

23 hit 39dam
    33 hit 31dam
    And remember that she is at a lower level, so you don't even know what she is up against, let alone what you are swinging at when you might get there (probably end of next round if you go).
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

17. - Top - End - #227

SolithKnightGuy

To further simplify things...

Leena: No, you stay! I'll check on them.

Leena is very quick on her feet, especially through rough terrain. Remember that there is a but of a downward rock climb that you would have to make to get to the lower level, which is why Reli could not make it up. As an athletic (Athlete feat) Ranger (Land's Stride), you have no doubt that she could make it down much quiker than you can. Plus she has shown to be formidable enough in combat.

You're call though.
    Arcivus decide to let leena handle it.
    "You keep her safe now!"
    Arcivus sword is still in need of a target.

If any giants are within reach I'llove there and use my previous attack
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arcivus decide to let leena handle it.
    "You keep her safe now!"
    Arcivus sword is still in need of a target.

If any giants are within reach I'llove there and use my previous attack
    Either frost giant (left side or right) or the storm giant (ahead) are within your movement range. The frost giant to the left is slightly injured, but the other 2 are unscathed.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

19. - Top - End - #229

SolithKnightGuy

Either frost giant (left side or right) or the storm giant (ahead) are within your movement range. The frost giant to the left is slightly injured, but the other 2 are unscathed.
    Arcivus totally goes for the storm giant. And as he closes in he asks Nimm or Xavier for some protection from lightning.

Meta:
    Has he some kind of celestial or fiendish template, now that he is trying to descend to godhood? If so perhaps my protection from good and evil works?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arcivus totally goes for the storm giant. And as he closes in he asks Nimm or Xavier for some protection from lightning.

Meta:
    Has he some kind of celestial or fiendish template, now that he is trying to descend to godhood? If so perhaps my protection from good and evil works?
    You are not sure what he is, but in faith, you let your sword guide you.

You slash into him quite easily, but his body seems somewhat composed of elemental mist/air. The attack did seem at least somewhat effective (he is not immune) but not fully.

Immediately after your attack, his eyes light up in crackling blue energy as he stares you down. A blast of lightning shoots from his chest at you, (saving with a nat 20!), inflicting 17 damage.

Leena takes the Dash action to escape down toward Danae and Reli.

I'll be back. Don't get yourselves killed!

The frost giants then close on Arcivus, defending their master.

The 2 frost giants close in, with hefty axes that look like they might have very well been fashioned from ice, swinging them down on you.

The cloud giant moves off tot he right a bit (keeping himself about 40 feet away from the action) and hurls a boulder at Arcivus.

Shield up to absorb the blows, you take a total of 25 damage after all is said and done (after resistance). This exhausts the remained of your temp HP and cuts into your regular HP total.

Xavier, you have Arcivus surrounded on 3 sides by giants. You go!

--

Initiative:

Giants: 20 (2 Frost, 1 Cloud)
    Arcivus: 5 (HP: 198/204)
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

21. - Top - End - #231

SolithKnightGuy

You are not sure what he is, but in faith, you let your sword guide you.

You slash into him quite easily, but his body seems somewhat composed of elemental mist/air. The attack did seem at least somewhat effective (he is not immune) but not fully.

Immediately after your attack, his eyes light up in crackling blue energy as he stares you down. A blast of lightning shoots from his chest at you, (saving with a nat 20!), inflicting 17 damage.

Leena takes the Dash action to escape down toward Danae and Reli.

I'll be back. Don't get yourselves killed!

The frost giants then close on Arcivus, defending their master.

The 2 frost giants close in, with hefty axes that look like they might have very well been fashioned from ice, swinging them down on you.

The cloud giant moves off tot he right a bit (keeping himself about 40 feet away from the action) and hurls a boulder at Arcivus.

Shield up to absorb the blows, you take a total of 25 damage after all is said and done (after resistance). This exhausts the remained of your temp HP and cuts into your regular HP total.

Xavier, you have Arcivus surrounded on 3 sides by giants. You go!

--

Initiative:

Arcivus: 5 (HP: 198/204)
    Such a lightning attack save sounds like something that would fit perfectly for my shield master feat?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Such a lightning attack save sounds like something that would fit perfectly for my shield master feat?
    Yes, forgot about that. No damage for that. I updated your HP total.

--

Initiative:

Arcivus: 5 (11 Aid HP)
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

23. - Top - End - #233

Focus on offense my friends! Allow me to work on keeping us protected!

As my bonus action, I activate Mantle of Joy (Soothing Presence) and grant Arcivus, Dr. Nimm and I 21 temporary hit points.

As my action, I activate Adaptive Body (Energy Immunity) and grant Arcivus immunity to lightning damage.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Focus on offense my friends! Allow me to work on keeping us protected!

As my bonus action, I activate Mantle of Joy (Soothing Presence) and grant Arcivus, Dr. Nimm and I 21 temporary hit points.

As my action, I activate Adaptive Body (Energy Immunity) and grant Arcivus immunity to lightning damage.
    Simple enough. Nothing for me to add here. Nimm?
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

25. - Top - End - #235

I stand from prone and with a combination of volatile substances and interpretive dance I release a fire bomb w lv 3 fireball admixture with the epicenter placed such as I can hit two frost giants and or the quintessent.

Bomb 16
    Fireball admixture 40,rerolling 1 and 2
    Int bonus to bomb+7

Total 63 fire damage.
    Show

-Fort Knox safe

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I stand from prone and with a combination of volatile substances and interpretive dance I release a fire bomb w lv 3 fireball admixture with the epicenter placed such as I can hit two frost giants and or the quintessent.

Bomb 16
    Fireball admixture 40,rerolling 1 and 2
    Int bonus to bomb+7

Total 63 fire damage.
    Unless you blast Arcivus, you can get 1 Frost Giant and the Storm Giant. For simplicity, I say you include the injured Frost Giant. Remember to separate the bomb and Fireball damage, since I need to track them separately. In order not to hit Arcivus, you have to aim for the far end of the Front Giant, so he takes the bomb damage.

They rear and snarl in pain. The storm furrows his brow and eyes you intensely. Suddenly, a massive gust of wind slams into Dr. Nimm, knocking him back 20 feet, and prone once again.

Feeble mortals! How dare you!

He then grasps his massive sword and swings it powerfully at Arcivus, striking him twice (hitting AC 29 and 30), for a combined 73 damage (43 and 30 damage each hit). However, the damage is pure elemental lightning, so Arcivus takes NO damage, as each swing passes through him harmlessly. Seeing this further enrages the giant.

Arcivus takes a sigh of relief and looks to Xavier with an appreciative nod.

Arcivus, on you.

--

Initiative:

Xavier: 16 (HP: 137/162; 21 Temp HP)
    Nimm: 14 (HP: 134/183; 21 Temp HP)
    Arcivus: 5 (21 Aid HP)
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

27. - Top - End - #237

SolithKnightGuy

Unless you blast Arcivus, you can get 1 Frost Giant and the Storm Giant. For simplicity, I say you include the injured Frost Giant. Remember to separate the bomb and Fireball damage, since I need to track them separately. In order not to hit Arcivus, you have to aim for the far end of the Front Giant, so he takes the bomb damage.

They rear and snarl in pain. The storm furrows his brow and eyes you intensely. Suddenly, a massive gust of wind slams into Dr. Nimm, knocking him back 20 feet, and prone once again.

Feeble mortals! How dare you!

He then grasps his massive sword and swings it powerfully at Arcivus, striking him twice (hitting AC 29 and 30), for a combined 73 damage (43 and 30 damage each hit). However, the damage is pure elemental lightning, so Arcivus takes NO damage, as each swing passes through him harmlessly. Seeing this further enrages the giant.

Arcivus takes a sigh of relief and looks to Xavier with an appreciative nod.

Arcivus, on you.

--

Initiative:

Xavier: 16 (HP: 137/162; 21 Temp HP)
    Arcivus: 5 (21 Aid HP)
    Arcivus not really trusting the effect put on by Xavier, has made up his mind that Xaviers magic is pretty cool... His latest memory of electricity with that power was a Balor King and his lightning sword... Arcivus shudders.

But with a sudden resolve arcivus lifts his sword to the heavens fueling it with heavenly powers... and then swing!

16+16 = 32. (1d8)7+11 +(1d8)3+(4d8)24 = 45
    3+16 = 19? (1d8)4+11 +(1d8)5+(4d8)16 = 36

Spoiler: Arcivus Spelllist and effects
    Show

Effects:
    Spell: Bless - Aura(30ft radius): Courage(immu fear), Protection(+6saves), Devotion(immu charm), Holy Avenger(adv. spell/magic). Personal: Purity of Spirit(prot against evil/good). Epic: Boon of Resilience(resistance to B/S/P weapon)
    Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 3
    ((D) = Devotion spells)
    1 (3/4): Protection from Evil and Good (D), Sanctuary (D), Bless, Heroism, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite
    2 (3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Protection from poison, Protection from poison, Locate Object
    3 (1/3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
    4 (3): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
    5 (3): Commune (D), Flame Strike (D), Banishing smite, Destruction Wave, Circle of Power
    Last edited by Ketiara; 2019-08-26 at 03:35 PM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Arcivus not really trusting the effect put on by Xavier, has made up his mind that Xaviers magic is pretty cool... His latest memory of electricity with that power was a Balor King and his lightning sword... Arcivus shudders.

But with a sudden resolve arcivus lifts his sword to the heavens fueling it with heavenly powers... and then swing!

16+16 = 32. (1d8)7+11 +(1d8)3+(4d8)24 = 45
    3+16 = 19? (1d8)4+11 +(1d8)5+(4d8)16 = 36

Spoiler: Arcivus Spelllist and effects
    Show

Effects:
    Spell: Bless - Aura(30ft radius): Courage(immu fear), Protection(+6saves), Devotion(immu charm), Holy Avenger(adv. spell/magic). Personal: Purity of Spirit(prot against evil/good). Epic: Boon of Resilience(resistance to B/S/P weapon)
    Spells prepared (25), Spellslots: 16 Spells used: 3
    ((D) = Devotion spells)
    1 (3/4): Protection from Evil and Good (D), Sanctuary (D), Bless, Heroism, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite
    2 (3): Lesser Restoration (D), Zone of Truth (D), Protection from poison, Protection from poison, Locate Object
    3 (1/3): Beacon of Hope (D), Dispel Magic (D), Blinding Smite, Aura of Vitality, Crusaders Mantle
    4 (3): Freedom of Movement (D), Guardian of Faith (D), Death Ward, Staggering Smite, Locate Creature
    5 (3): Commune (D), Flame Strike (D), Banishing smite, Destruction Wave, Circle of Power
    I assume still at the storm giant?

Both hits land, as he tries to parry your blows with his own massive sword. The pure power and impact deal damage, even though his blade interposes and absorbs most of the blow (full damage, just going for cinematic effect).

He then immediately retaliates with a powerful blast of pure thunderous energy, in a focused line - this time toward Xavier. It hits him, but just barely (save for half), dealing 12 thunder damage.

The giants, now angered at Arcivus' persistence, focus all of their energies on him.

The 2 frost giants heave their axes, one crits for 18 damage (after resistance) and the other lands a single blow for 9. The cloud giant quickly stomps forward - and then vanishes quickly, only to appear behind Arcivus (Misty Step ability). He draws a large, but finely crafted morning star and continues the assault. Of the 2 swings, only a single one lands, for 21 damage. This one hurt and Arcivus can sense that it is magical (bypassing resistance).

Back around to Xavier. Arcivus is surrounded on all sides: storm giant at his front, cloud at his back, and the 2 frost giants to the left and right of him, respectively.

--

Initiative:

Xavier: 16 (HP: 137/162; 9 Temp HP)
    Arcivus: 5 (HP: 177/204)
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier

29. - Top - End - #239

I activate Mind Thrust and inflict 4d10+8 (35) psychic damage on the most injured giant. A DC 22 Intelligence Save negates the damage.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I activate Mind Thrust and inflict 4d10+8 (35) psychic damage on the most injured giant. A DC 22 Intelligence Save negates the damage.
    You've piled on the pain on the right-most frost giant and this takes him down to his knee. He twitches as he drops his axe and grasps his head, bellowing in pain. He then flops backward, with a thunderous boom.

The storm giant sees Xavier focusing on the effect and takes notice.

Nimm, on you. Now Arcivus has 3 giants on him, the storm at point, a frost to his left, and a cloud at his rear (closest to you). Even still, you are a good 40 feet away because of the knock back.
    Show

Arcivus

Dr. Nimm

Xavier