The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 247
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I'll throw in a history, if nothing else to take advantage of my feat.

    31
    Way back when, when you first acquired the Tome from Ingron (remember him? The icy giant who lived in these reagions, actually off to the SE of here, but close enough), you discussed a great many things. Giants and dragons were one of them.

    Your discussion was mostly of the undead, but talk of giants and dragons in the region would have come up. The whites where typically limited to the southern area, closer to civilization, ironically, while the silvers dominated the norther range, where you all are now.

    That was then. Dragons have been seen less and less and are either dying out, or in exile (maybe waiting for this whole cataclysmic gods dying business to blow over). In this case, it looks like they (or it) was hunted and killed, if not run off.

    The silver here was a bit of a hermit. It may have had some allies in years past, but the last few years of its life where in solitude. All you can gather, as a rational thinker, is that when supernatural events occur (or fail to occur), it panics the masses. This panic would include giants and their kin, as they have a rich history of worshiping their gods, and are an ancient race.

    Warring with dragons is nothing new, as giants and dragons have been enemies as long as they have both existed, so this could be nothing out of the ordinary as well. Defeating an ancient silver would take some effort, which is more intriguing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    "I could attempt to locate the dragon that is the master of this lair using the power of my mind. However, it would require an hour of my concentration. Can we spare the time?"

    If the group agrees, I activate Nomadic Mind (Find Creature) and attempt to locate the dragon.
    Sure. Dr. Nimm has been able to reveal enough information about this dragon in specific to be able to focus on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    If that's the case I deploy SCAT alarm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Sure lets do it.
    You all sit around as Xavier calmly focuses. He sits, kneeling, with his eyes closed as he breathes and focuses on the dragon.

    Leena sits and sharpens her weapons. Arcivus and Danae engage in some light sparring. Dr. Nimm instinctively shushes anyone who gets too loud, as he is most likely to appreciate the focus needed when concentrating on a task.

    After some time, SCAT is patrolling around. Reli takes notice and follows it, sniffing it here and there. Maybe gives it a little nudge on its nose. Leena sees this and calls him away before Dr. Nimm snaps about wolf drool, hair, or what have you.

    At one point, both SCAT and Reli are amidst the collapsed tunnel, and are climbing and investigating around it. Leena and Dr. Nimm both look up simultaneously, if just for a moment.

    Reli glances upward, letting out a low growl while SCAT's sensors detect some sort of motion, about 20 feet up. It quickly subsides and Reli returns to Leena, as she starts to ready her gear.

    Leena: It looks like we may have company...

    Spoiler: SCAT update
    Show

    I will allow him to move around, while under the effects of the Alarm spell. This would notify you (mentally or audibly) of any intruders that he may come across instead of fixing it on a door, window, or other set location. For this application, and in keeping quiet for Xavier, I will say that he was set to a mental alarm... which you could rationalize as relaying a finely tuned pitch that is only audible by you.


    As this resolve, Xavier comes out of his trance.

    Spoiler: Xavier
    Show

    The ability lets you pinpoint the creature between 1 and 3 miles on a side. Since you had little information on this other than a history lesson, I will err on the greater of that: 3 miles (9 mile area). Coincidentally, the 3 mile area that you detect is right where you all are, almost exactly centered on it.

    It is very much possible that the dragon is still alive and nearby, or even still within the lair.


    --

    By the way, can you tell I just found out about this multi-quote feature and love it?
    Last edited by DM7581; 2019-02-14 at 04:04 PM.
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    I send Rupert to sneak out of that entrance and see through his eyes. I based him on a fox, not sure what his stealth is at but I rolled a 7.
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2019-02-14 at 04:33 PM.
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post

    Leena: It looks like we may have company...
    Arcivus and Danae stop their sparring and position themselfs. Arcivus towards the "company" with Danae safely behind
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus and Danae stop their sparring and position themselfs. Arcivus towards the "company" with Danae safely behind
    Company as someone or something is nearby. You can't see anything yet.

    We can use a Weasel's stats and call it even for a small fox. They cannot attack and stats are probably very similar.

    He is small enough to crawl through small openings and such, and makes his way through the collapsed rubble, which is only about 15 feet up.

    He remains in the rubble, as to not be seen. You are able to see what looks like a massive dragon. Hard to tell at his angle, but it could definitely be a silver. It lies motionless on the floor. Could be sleeping. Could be dead. There is a significant mist on the floor further foiling his sight.

    Also, there is less cover from the winds and elements here, as there is a large opening, almost like that of a volcano from the inside in this new "room." Looking up, there is a strange, swirling vortex, hanging lower than the clouds above it, but which seems to be the source of all that thunder and lightning that you have been hearing. Or at least most of it.
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Xavier Alexis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    "There is a good chance the dragon we seek is alive and within 3 miles of us. That is all I was able to ascertain with my abilities."

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    "There is a good chance the dragon we seek is alive and within 3 miles of us. That is all I was able to ascertain with my abilities."
    "Thank you. That was ahh... Highly useful."
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    "Thank you. That was ahh... Highly useful."
    You actually are getting more information out of Rupert than Xavier, but Xavier did confirm that this is the same silver dragon that you are all discussing, so that puts that to rest.

    What is the next move?
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    You actually are getting more information out of Rupert than Xavier, but Xavier did confirm that this is the same silver dragon that you are all discussing, so that puts that to rest.

    What is the next move?
    "Can we get into the dragons lair, magically or ortherwise?"
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    "Rupert, search stealthily for alternate entrances." (Or I use my familiar feature to look around some more.)

    If we're facing a dragon we need to know the layout.

    Arvivus, can you detect malevolence coming from this dragon?
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    "Rupert, search stealthily for alternate entrances." (Or I use my familiar feature to look around some more.)

    If we're facing a dragon we need to know the layout.

    Arvivus, can you detect malevolence coming from this dragon?
    A Dragon is part if the natural world. Evil or good, makes no difference... can't sense that. if its celestial or infernal on the other hand, then I can.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    A Dragon is part if the natural world. Evil or good, makes no difference... can't sense that. if its celestial or infernal on the other hand, then I can.
    "You and Xavier are proving to be quite useless at this time. Rupert Pompeius Nimm clearly outshines you all, but then again he is flawless."

    "Leena. I suppose you're rather deft at sneaking around and such. What say you to scouting out the lair?"
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    "You and Xavier are proving to be quite useless at this time. Rupert Pompeius Nimm clearly outshines you all, but then again he is flawless."

    "Leena. I suppose you're rather deft at sneaking around and such. What say you to scouting out the lair?"
    After prodding about here and there, it looks like you can fashion a small tunnel to climb through without collapsing the rest of the rubble. Many of the rocks and boulders are larger, and the space seems sized for a massive dragon. So long as you do not make any silly mistakes, you should be good.

    Let's get an Int (survival) check so you can figure out the best course to make.

    Next, a Con (athletics) to make sure you are holding up the correct rocks without shifting them to quickly and collapsing them.

    Finally Wis (survival) to make sure that the tunnel is safe enough to crawl through without it collapsing on you.

    You can divvy up who makes which check however you see fit. If someone else has the appropriate skill trained, they can offer the Help action to assist and give advantage (point things out that you may not see, etc.).
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    After prodding about here and there, it looks like you can fashion a small tunnel to climb through without collapsing the rest of the rubble. Many of the rocks and boulders are larger, and the space seems sized for a massive dragon. So long as you do not make any silly mistakes, you should be good.

    Let's get an Int (survival) check so you can figure out the best course to make.

    Next, a Con (athletics) to make sure you are holding up the correct rocks without shifting them to quickly and collapsing them.

    Finally Wis (survival) to make sure that the tunnel is safe enough to crawl through without it collapsing on you.

    You can divvy up who makes which check however you see fit. If someone else has the appropriate skill trained, they can offer the Help action to assist and give advantage (point things out that you may not see, etc.).
    Int survival 23

    I use historian to give + 6 to everyone else's check

    "I recall that the geological formations here are composed of both hard and soft rocks. Look for _____ type of rocks for the handhold."

    "I read somewhere that these types of tunnels can collapse easily. You have to crawl in just such a way..."
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2019-02-21 at 11:23 AM.
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    Int survival 23

    I use historian to give + 6 to everyone else's check

    "I recall that the geological formations here are composed of both hard and soft rocks. Look for _____ type of rocks for the handhold."

    "I read somewhere that these types of tunnels can collapse easily. You have to crawl in just such a way..."
    Arcivus move into the tunnel guided by Nimm, and supports the tunnel and overlaying stones all the while helping with the clearing of the path.

    CON + athletics (a wierd combo, but whatever :)) = 17 + 10 (+6 from historian) = 33
    or
    STR + athletics (if it was a mistake to do CON) = 17 + 14 (+6 from historian) = 37
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  15. - Top - End - #165
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus move into the tunnel guided by Nimm, and supports the tunnel and overlaying stones all the while helping with the clearing of the path.

    CON + athletics (a wierd combo, but whatever :)) = 17 + 10 (+6 from historian) = 33
    or
    STR + athletics (if it was a mistake to do CON) = 17 + 14 (+6 from historian) = 37
    No, I wanted Con because even though Str is required, it is more the amount of time needed and the endurance required to hold things up that will dictate failure or success.

    Anyway, no poor rolls here, so we move on.

    You are all able to fashion a big enough space for medium and smaller creatures. Mr. Benson may have to stay behind. Leena thinks Reli should stay with him, just i case.

    If you want to leave Danae and/or Rupert behind, let me know.

    You climb through the small tunnel with relative ease. As you emerge, slowly, you are able to take advantage of some natural cover, both by a thick mist that covers the first 3-4 feet of the floor, as well as other rocks and natural debris.

    The "room" you are in is more of a circular cavity at the very top of the mountain, open at the top. You appear to have emerged at the SW corner of the room. The top stretches about 200 feet or so up, and it is here that you all see the swirling vortex of lightning and thunder that seems to be the center of this great, on going lightning storm. You can see about 3 giant eagles circling here. They seem to dip in low every now and again, but do not seem to see you... yet. The noise levels pick back up here, but the winds are more mild. It is still very cold, but somehow, not nearly as cold as when you were all outside.

    Not far from you, toward the center, a large dragon lies motionless. It seems to be either dead or sleeping, but it is hard to tell from where you are given the mist. Beyond that, the hazy image of about 6 large creatures, which look like giants of various sizes, can be seen in the distance.

    Arcivus is at point, with everyone else closely behind. Leena is usually good to be at the rear or just behind Arcivus (as needed). Let me know what you do, including marching order/formation.
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    No, I wanted Con because even though Str is required, it is more the amount of time needed and the endurance required to hold things up that will dictate failure or success.

    Anyway, no poor rolls here, so we move on.

    You are all able to fashion a big enough space for medium and smaller creatures. Mr. Benson may have to stay behind. Leena thinks Reli should stay with him, just i case.

    If you want to leave Danae and/or Rupert behind, let me know.

    You climb through the small tunnel with relative ease. As you emerge, slowly, you are able to take advantage of some natural cover, both by a thick mist that covers the first 3-4 feet of the floor, as well as other rocks and natural debris.

    The "room" you are in is more of a circular cavity at the very top of the mountain, open at the top. You appear to have emerged at the SW corner of the room. The top stretches about 200 feet or so up, and it is here that you all see the swirling vortex of lightning and thunder that seems to be the center of this great, on going lightning storm. You can see about 3 giant eagles circling here. They seem to dip in low every now and again, but do not seem to see you... yet. The noise levels pick back up here, but the winds are more mild. It is still very cold, but somehow, not nearly as cold as when you were all outside.

    Not far from you, toward the center, a large dragon lies motionless. It seems to be either dead or sleeping, but it is hard to tell from where you are given the mist. Beyond that, the hazy image of about 6 large creatures, which look like giants of various sizes, can be seen in the distance.

    Arcivus is at point, with everyone else closely behind. Leena is usually good to be at the rear or just behind Arcivus (as needed). Let me know what you do, including marching order/formation.
    Arcivus reach out with his senses to detect good or evil within 60 ft. And slowly he move toward the dragon. Sword at his side, in a non threatening manner.

    When you say large, its not the ancient dragon we are looking for?
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    I follow Archie.
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  18. - Top - End - #168
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus reach out with his senses to detect good or evil within 60 ft. And slowly he move toward the dragon. Sword at his side, in a non threatening manner.

    When you say large, its not the ancient dragon we are looking for?
    Yes, this is a very large dragon, gargantuan in size and has been confirmed by both Xavier and Nimm to be the same dragon that calls this place its lair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I follow Archie.
    You all approach slowly and cautious until you are right up on the creature. It does not seem to notice you, and upon further inspection, you find that it is not sleeping at all, but is dead. And for some time by the looks of it.

    I assume that Dr. Nimm would want to use the body for parts. While the scales and such can be fashioned into a weapon given enough time and resources, the body itself is not fresh enough to use any of its components for Xavier's new body that you are growing. Not sure what the consensus is on butchering it though, so I leave that up to you all. Leena probably wouldn't care either way.

    You are able to use its body as cover from the giants for the most part, BUT the circling eagles seem to have spotted you as you made your approach to the dragon.

    They let out a very loud SHRIEK as the dive down toward you. It is heard echoing down and around the area. You imagine that this has also gotten the attention of the giants, but it is hard to see them from your vantage point (behind the dragon) and the mist.

    I guess this calls for initiative. No surprise. What was the verdict on Danae?

    --

    Initiative:

    Leena: 30
    Xavier: 16
    Nimm: 14
    Eagles: 10
    Arcivus: 5

    --

    Leena: Well, here we go... and I kinda like these things...

    Leena looses 2 arrows and easily drops one of the eagles. She is very accurate, but keep in mind that all ranged attacks are at disadvantage due to the conditions. They are about 100 feet away right now, and are about 40 feet from each other.

    Xavier and Nimm, you go!
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Xavier Alexis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    I thought the eagles are good-aligned.

    If so, I will attempt to telepathically communicate with them before Leena fires her arrows.

    "Leena, hold your fire!"

    I then attempt to telepathically communicate with the eagles.

    "Wait! We mean you no harm. We have come here because we sought this dragon's help in our fight against a great evil."

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    I thought the eagles are good-aligned.

    If so, I will attempt to telepathically communicate with them before Leena fires her arrows.

    "Leena, hold your fire!"

    I then attempt to telepathically communicate with the eagles.

    "Wait! We mean you no harm. We have come here because we sought this dragon's help in our fight against a great evil."
    Danae still follow me, and I keep her under my protection. She is behind med and in front of Nimm.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    I thought the eagles are good-aligned.

    If so, I will attempt to telepathically communicate with them before Leena fires her arrows.

    "Leena, hold your fire!"

    I then attempt to telepathically communicate with the eagles.

    "Wait! We mean you no harm. We have come here because we sought this dragon's help in our fight against a great evil."
    Unless the telepathy takes an action, it is free. You reach out to them, but get nothing back in return.

    Intruders! Kill them!

    Something must be off on these things, but they are notoriously territorial and sometimes bad tempered.

    Spoiler: Xavier Only, Int check 15+
    Show

    I imagine this is an easy check, but strange that they attack you and not the other giants, which are more closely in view. They have be guards for the giants, but they are typically associated with cloud or storm giants.


    That being said, they seem unresponsive and you can still take an action.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Danae still follow me, and I keep her under my protection. She is behind med and in front of Nimm.
    Got it.
    Last edited by DM7581; 2019-02-28 at 08:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Xavier Alexis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    "So be it."

    I activate Mind Thrust and inflict 4d10+8 (28) psychic damage on the next eagle that attacks. A DC 22 Intelligence Save negates the damage.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Where are the giants?
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  24. - Top - End - #174
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Alexis View Post
    "So be it."

    I activate Mind Thrust and inflict 4d10+8 (28) psychic damage on the next eagle that attacks. A DC 22 Intelligence Save negates the damage.
    Another bird drops with a twisting squeal. Just one left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    Where are the giants?
    You can see the giants a few hundred feet away, barely though, through the mist. They do notice the ruckus and seem to be looking and heading over toward your direction.

    You go!
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Dr_Nimm's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    I cast firebolt and toss a bomb at the eagle as a bonus action.

    23 hit 23 damage fire
    22 hit 25 damage fire
    Spoiler: Downtime projects
    Show

    -Fort Knox safe
    -Custom mundane armor/weapons for squires
    -Buy scrolls at Frost dale
    -Transcribe bought scrolls and Asmodeus scrolls.
    -Collaborate with Xavier on automaton crew design
    -Potions for Arcivus : Haste, Enhance ability, blur, fly(or whatever he wants). As many as downtime allows, up to about 3 or so max.
    -Potions for myself: Fog cloud (smoke bomb), zone of truth (truth serum), sleep (sleep grenade).
    -Change SMART cannon to hand held

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Nimm View Post
    I cast firebolt and toss a bomb at the eagle as a bonus action.

    23 hit 23 damage fire
    22 hit 25 damage fire
    The bomb hits the eagle and consumes it in flames. It drops, practically cooked, not far from you.

    You can hear and see about half a dozen giants of various sized coming your way, so you have time to act. They seem to have an idea of where you are, but you do have the advantage of being short in the mist, plus you have a large dragon corpse that you can use to hide behind.

    You estimate about 2 rounds before the close within 100 feet and pose any sort of threat.

    However, you have an eerie feeling about you as the swirling vortex of the storm looms overhead, almost as if you are being watched. Arcivus can take his action before I proceed.

    --

    Initiative:

    Leena: 30
    Xavier: 16
    Nimm: 14
    Arcivus: 5
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  27. - Top - End - #177
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    The bomb hits the eagle and consumes it in flames. It drops, practically cooked, not far from you.

    You can hear and see about half a dozen giants of various sized coming your way, so you have time to act. They seem to have an idea of where you are, but you do have the advantage of being short in the mist, plus you have a large dragon corpse that you can use to hide behind.

    You estimate about 2 rounds before the close within 100 feet and pose any sort of threat.

    However, you have an eerie feeling about you as the swirling vortex of the storm looms overhead, almost as if you are being watched. Arcivus can take his action before I proceed.

    --

    Initiative:

    Leena: 30
    Xavier: 16
    Nimm: 14
    Arcivus: 5
    Arcivus look back to the others. (he is in a front position).
    "Danae, get back a bit, untill we figure out what this is, and then come and assist me on my que"

    To the others:

    "Do we stay and fight, or do we walk away before the giants reach us? I have materials for a resurrection, I hate for a majestic creature like this do have perished this way. Perhaps theres still enough divine energy in me for a resurrection"

    If we take on the fight, ill get in position and ready an attack for the first giant to get within reach or me.
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ketiara View Post
    Arcivus look back to the others. (he is in a front position).
    "Danae, get back a bit, untill we figure out what this is, and then come and assist me on my que"

    To the others:

    "Do we stay and fight, or do we walk away before the giants reach us? I have materials for a resurrection, I hate for a majestic creature like this do have perished this way. Perhaps theres still enough divine energy in me for a resurrection"

    If we take on the fight, ill get in position and ready an attack for the first giant to get within reach or me.
    Leena holds (Readies) her attack action on the rest of you.

    Leena: Call it now... I'm more than happy to end these creatures, but if you want to run, we run. Not sure how long it might take to raise this dragon, but I suspect that dragging the body is not an option...

    The giants approach hastily, as mumbles can be heard among them. They are now just under 200 feet from you and can see the composition of the group: 3 hill giants, a troll, 2 frost giants, and 1 cloud giant. 7 total.

    Leena has her action readied. Discuss or take an action (or both).

    --

    Initiative:

    Leena: 30
    Giants: 20
    Xavier: 16
    Nimm: 14
    Arcivus: 5
    Spoiler: Beez's Game: Thorak Stormhammer
    Show

    Half-Orc Cleric (Kord)
    Level 8

    Str 17 (+3) Dex 10 (+0) Con 14 (+2) Int 8 (-1) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 12 (+1)
    AC: 17 (Splint Mail; 20 when wielding Sunskjold)
    HP: 59 (8d8+16)
    Spd: 30
    Saving Throws: Wis +6, Cha +4
    Skills: Athletics +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +6, Persuasion +4, Religion +2

    Passive Perception: 16
    Spells Save DC: 15

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    Quote Originally Posted by DM7581 View Post
    Leena holds (Readies) her attack action on the rest of you.

    Leena: Call it now... I'm more than happy to end these creatures, but if you want to run, we run. Not sure how long it might take to raise this dragon, but I suspect that dragging the body is not an option...

    The giants approach hastily, as mumbles can be heard among them. They are now just under 200 feet from you and can see the composition of the group: 3 hill giants, a troll, 2 frost giants, and 1 cloud giant. 7 total.

    Leena has her action readied. Discuss or take an action (or both).

    --

    Initiative:

    Leena: 30
    Giants: 20
    Xavier: 16
    Nimm: 14
    Arcivus: 5
    Leena by all means, give them hell! (Arcivus has his action readied as well)

    readied action:
    1) 8+16 = 24, (1d8)5+12+(1d8)6 = 23
    Spoiler: Arcivus Luscient
    Show

    HP: 204/204
    AC: 22
    Stats: 25, 10, 18, 10, 12, 20
    Passive Perception: 11
    Saving Throws: Str 8 (13), Dex 1 (6), Con 11 (16), Wis 8 (13), Cha 11 (17)
    Aura of Protection +5 to all Saves for everyone within 30ft
    Aura of Courage/Devotion immunity to Frighten/Charm for everyone within 30ft
    Always under effect of Protection to Evil and Good

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Xavier Alexis's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2013

    Default Re: Epic Level Game - Chapter 3

    "We can engage them in conversation. I can teleport us away if we need a quick escape."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •