New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Karl nods, "I've already forwarded the footage we recovered pertaining to those cameras to the address provided by Tony. If nothing else reviewing it may give you an idea of the extent of the damage this may yet cause."

"It appears that the Sheriff has been hoarding data on many individuals, yourself included. Any move against him will need to take into account the possibility that he's established a failsafe for himself using footage like this."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-01-22 at 11:01 AM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is the briefest moment that Nicholas D'Agostino loses control. Lines dig themselves under his eyes and onto his brow, creating a sudden mask of wild rage. His hands which were resting on the table suddenly close, gathering up the table cloth. A snarl escapes the Primogen's lips, which are pulled back to reveal his extended and dangerous fangs. The fragile mask of refined civility shatters. For that briefest of moments, Karl and Anna can see the true Nicholas D'Agostino, and the dangerous regal Beast caged inside him.

But the moment passes and D'Agostino regains control of himself just when it seems like he may succumb to mad rage. The vampire even takes a long but unnecessary breath in and out as he composes himself. When the Primogen speaks, there is still anger in his voice, but it is The Invictus again. "I am pleased your work has returned such important results," he says carefully, "however frustrating it is to hear that my security has been undermined. Do we know why The Sheriff is targeting me so?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“It seems every prominent Kindred in the city is under surveillance, sir,” Anna replied, “if I were to hazard a guess, either the Prince has ordered the Sheriff to do this in order to know when and how his enemies are plotting against him, or less likely, the Sheriff is acting on his own to gain leverage on the Kindred of the city.”

“There is more,” Anna said, “Your excellency, what if we told you there is video proof of the Prince and Sheriff flagrantly violating the Traditions?”

Spoiler
    Show
    eh, that’s what they’re called, right? The rules the Kindred absolutely must follow on pain of death?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Yes, whether or not the Prince ordered the Sheriff to conduct surveillance, it would seem that Schultz has been spying on his own master as well. I suspect in order to guarantee his own position should the Prince ever question his usefulness. we've taken a look at some of those files, some of the footage is quite revealing."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The circle of vampires remain seated around the round table, motionless like a sea of statues. It is only now that Aisling notices that the table is a large polished oak circle, bare except for a large potted plant in the middle. There is nothing special about the simple tan ceramic pot, but the well manicured thicket of vines it holds captures Aisling's attention for just a moment; despite the stakes of the moment. The pot contains a tangle of vines that seem to curl around the container, barbed and wreathed in luscious green leaves. Blooming from the thicket are a number of the smallest, most red roses that Aisling has ever seen. The flowers seem to shine in the low light, and flutter ever so slightly despite there being no detectable breeze. The roses seem almost alive, or more alive than any flower should be.

But then Aisling's attention is drawn back to the matter at hand. Though none of the seated Kindred come to her rescue, Alejandro's cold dead hand pats Aisling's shoulder, before the man steps between her and Mother Blackstar. "Aisling, we are glad that you would step inside our Circle to worship the Dark Mother." He is speaking to the group now, facing away from the Gangrel and flashing a charming grin. "Our initiation rights are the same for every initiate of our Covenant," Alejandro says turning back to Aisling and continues, "but despite her recent... embarrassment," the remark sparks a low growl from Blackstar, "Mother Blackstar is the current chosen leader of our Coven. Rest assured, your initiation will be no more dangerous than it was for any of our current members. This, of course, does not make it safe." He turns so that only Aisling can see his roguish grin and wink. Turning back to the group, he says dramatically, "Are you still willing to commit yourself to our Dark Mother of Witches, to our bestial circle?"

************************************************** **************************

Anna, then Karl's words cause a cold smile to spread across Nicholas D'Agostino's face. The expression is dead and distant, not unlike the mask-like smile found on a great white shark, and the Primogen's eyes are just as predatory and alien. There is no humor, no humanity in D'Agostino's grin, it is the greedy expression of a true Kindred Elder. "Fantastic", Nicholas says ever so softly, "fantastic."

The Primogen lets the emotion slip from his face, folding his hands together to assume the countenance of the consummate business man. "Show me what you have," he says gesturing to one of the laptops. But he is practically cut off by his Childe, who blurts, "The Prince committed Diablere, didn't he! You have proof! I knew the rumors were true!" Nicholas ignores Tony's outburst and simply gestures for Anna or Karl to continue.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisling wasn’t surprised that Blackstar was so…antagonistic towards her. It was very likely that the Primogen would be a thorn in her side for the foreseeable future, even if her joining the Circle would at least put something of a damper on retaliation.

It would, hopefully, provide Aisling enough time to grow strong enough to stymie her efforts more directly.

But the way the Primogen and her…flunky….stared was making Aisling’s Beast itch and writhe uncomfortably. Fool of a woman! The Gangrel would see her bowed and humbled before her…in time.

After Alejandro’s explanation of the initiation, Aisling flashed one somewhat smug glance to Blackstar before turning back to the rest of the table as if her answer was not just for her sponsor, but for all the Circle.

”Yes.” she half-whispered. ”Yes, I will commit myself to the Dark Mother and her covenant.”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

Inwardly, Anna wanted to cheer at the fledgling’s outburst, but she forced herself to take her cues from the Elder sitting in front of her and completely ignore him, as if he wasn’t even there.

She wasn’t a fledgling.

“It was acquired at great personal risk,” Anna said, queuing up the video and turning the laptop to face them.

“I can’t imagine how long and hard you’ve sought something like this... my Prince,” she whispered as the video started, and watched their expressions carefully.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-01-25 at 05:58 AM.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl says nothing for now, and simply waits for their reaction.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Alejandro offers Aisling a reassuring smile, then turns to the Primogen and says, "Mother," seeming to offer the floor back to the Primogen.

Mother Blackstar's cold eyes fall upon Aisling again. "We know, as the most ancient of Elders knew long before there was a Jesus, or maybe even a Moses, that our kind are as much a part of the world's natural order as the wolf or the jellyfish. There is no supernatural. There is no sin. These are false ideas planted by a false god. We exist within the circle of life and death in which creation and destruction are part of the same and continuous cycle. Members of our Covenant seek truth in the old ways; in old gods such as Baba Yaga, Lilith, Frigg. Our worship and studies have led us to identify truths about this world that others remain wholly ignorant of. And this knowledge has brought us much dark power." Mother Blackstar smiles ruefully at this and gestures with her free hand to the strange potted rose bush on the table. The thorny vines begin to spread and untangle, unfurling and opening like the petals of a blooming flower. The ruby roses widen to reveal staring glossy eyes, turning to look at Aisling. The thing seems to rattle or hiss at Aisling, though this could simply be in the Gangrel's shocked mind.

Moving so quickly that she cannot react, Mother Blackstar grabs hold of Aisling's wrist in a fist so strong that the room can hear Aisling's bones grind together. Blackstar pulls her closer to the table, and raises the wicked curve knife for all to see. "Power requires sacrifice!" Blackstar howls with triumph, "and for every beautiful thing created, one must be destroyed!" This litany is repeated by the chorus of vampires seated around the table. Aisling is surrounded by a pack of glowing red eyes in the dark, surrounded like a wounded doe at the feet of a pack of wolves. Mother Blackstar is staring as well, grinning from ear to ear with hungry satisfaction. "This is your last chance to back away little one. We will not accept cowards into our Circle. Otherwise, choose to join us now and offer your flesh as a sacrifice to The Dark Mother!" Aisling's arm is pulled over the writhing and rattling abomination of a plant, the sacrificial knife wielded high in the air. Somehow, Aisling can no longer find Alejandro in the sea of masked creatures with glowing red eyes.

The same dead smile plays across D'Agostino's face as he and his companions watch the video footage. Tony opens his mouth as if to say something excitedly, though this is immediately stifled by a firm squeeze on his shoulder from his sire. When the video fades to black, Nicholas says, "Play it again." He watches the footage again, and then a third time, the shark like grin neither growing nor fading from his countenance.

When the video ends for the third time, the word "excellent" escapes his lips. Nicholas sits in silence for a long moment, remaining unmoving in a way no mortal could ever sit still. Finally, the Primogen says, "I cannot say how long I have been waiting for this. You have accomplished something quiet amazing, and I cannot emphasize how glad I am that I placed my faith in your coterie. Tony deserves the credit for stealing the key," he says and the Childe grins just a little too proudly, "but you three have secured the most important evidence.." He pauses to ask, "Where is Aisling anyways?
    "
    His tone changes after his question is satisfied, and taking on the tone of a preacher, Nicholas says, "Prince Gorman has failed this city. He has betrayed the trust and power that comes with his title and committed the most abominable of sins. We must be very cautious as to how we proceed. We have the weapon that can end his rein of corruption, but it won't be as simple as showing the footage to the world. I will need time to make communications, and work with our allies. And we will have to remain very very careful. I trust that there should be no concern regarding retribution from The Sheriff?"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“There shouldn’t be, your excellency,” Anna replied, “Aisling has gone to meet with the Circle of the Crone.”

“I have a meeting scheduled with the Ordo primogen, if there is anything to be communicated, I can be the messenger,” Anna said.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-01-26 at 10:19 AM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Aisling was with us for our foray into Schultz's compound, but had another engagement this evening. She is taking steps to protect herself from Lady Blackstar."

When D'Agostino continues, Karl answers, "I do doubt it. We were quite careful. The most likely outcome by far is they will never figure out anyone was there at the compound, and if they do, they will have an exceedingly difficult time being certain who it was. I intend to keep a lookout for Schultz regardless, knowing him he likely wouldn't wait for proof if he thought I might have done something."

"It would likely be wise to make plans to deal with that compound just before or as part of making your move sir. We have no doubt copied only a small part of the data the sheriff has been hoarding, it would not do to let him use that against us. Besides, there is likely more footage of diableries in there. Being able to show this wasn't the only incident can only help your case."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The Primogen nods his head, his face hard and unreadable. To Anna he says, "How close are you with Primogen Yamamoto, or the inner circle of The Ordo? Your success with Mobius must be helpful to some degree." He grins and adds, "Whatever happened to that foolish neonate anyways?" Letting the question sit for a second, Nicholas continues, "If you can, suss out how the Covenant would feel about The Prince's bestial feeding habits, and see if The Dragons wouldn't want to ally themselves with an alternative leader." D'Agostino's lips curl into a warm and confident smile, though his eyes study Anna closely, as if scanning her most subtle response.

"Be careful," he says to Karl, though he glances at Anna as well, making it clear he is speaking to both. "The Sheriff is more resourceful than you think. He is a rat bastard, but is more than sufficiently dangerous, and I imagine he will turn his full wrath on you once he knows what has happened. I recommend you bolster your defenses as much as possible, and keep your Ghouls and loved ones on a tight leash." He nods to Tony, and his other stocky companion and says, "Notify me if anything arises. I will likely be incredibly busy, as I fear we will have to move quickly and strike while we still have our stake against The Prince's chest, but my associates will respond as quickly as possible and I will do what I can to assist my newest and exceedingly useful allies." He offers both vampires the warmest of smiles, clasping his hands together in a gesture similar to a blessing.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

“The primogen and I are not that close, but I would like to get closer,” Anna admitted, “I do have a meeting with him though, and I will do what I can to learn about the thoughts of the others. The line I must walk is very narrow; I can’t be seen to be prioritizing another covenant higher than my own.”

When d’agnostino mentions Möbius, Anna seems almost embarrassed.

“Oh, you... heard about that,” she said.
    “I don’t know exactly what happened to him, ultimately,” she said after a pause, “maybe that’s for the best.”
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nicholas D'Agostino maintains his warm smile as he acknowledges Anna's response. "Do what you can," he says, "I appreciate your caution. Every little bit will help, we just can't sit on this information for too long, it gives Schultz and Gorman a chance to find out what we know and take the initiative."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

"I agree wholeheartedly," Anna replied, "when can we move, tomorrow night? The night after?"
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Dark power?

Something about those words stirred the Beast inside Aisling, and she felt it preening and puffing up as if entranced by the notion. Aisling had heard many of these names in her youth. Christianity had made its way to her homeland and supplanted the Old Gods that she had heard stories of when she was a babe. Stories of the Morrigu. Of Cu Chulain and Bres. Of the Tuatha and Fomorii and Dagda.

Something about this Dark Mother stirred those same thoughts in her mind, and Aisling felt herself elated. As if this was some long-lost tie to the land of her birth and to her Sire.

The thing that rose on the table before her was entrancing. It was a primordial thing and strange or not, Aisling felt some unbidden kinship to it.

It is…beautiful… whispered Aisling, voice coloured with awe.

With the bone-wrenching force that Blackstar applied, Aisling bit back a growl as her Beast reared its head antagonistically. But Aisling did not move away.

Instead, as Blackstar gave her a final chance, the Gangrel turned her glacial-dark eyes to Blackstar’s own and lifted her chin imperiously.

”I am no coward. My flesh belongs to the Dark Mother!”

Her decision was made.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

D'Agostino's response came quick and confident, "We will strike three nights from tonight, first thing when we rise. This will give me, and you two nights to gather resources, politic and prepare for the possibility of war. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of strengthening your defenses. I know you have a new Haven, as does Gorman... so The Sheriff knows where to find you if he so desires!"

He pauses for a moment after this, allowing the weight of his words to settle. Then he asks, "Is there anything else you wished to show me, or is there more to discuss?"

Without saying anything, The Primogen acts. Mother Blackstar's knife flies quicker than the mortal eye could see, and Aisling sees the nimble incision in her extended wrist well before she registers the pain. With no heartbeat, and given the Vitae's greed for flesh, only a few drops of blood are splattered out of the wound. The few drops of escaped crimson fall on the leaves and vines of the plant.

Rattling furiously, flowers on long vines move like the darting bite of a snake, quickly lapping up the spilled blood. Within moments the flowers have drunk the offered vitae, leaving only a few wet smears on their petals, and Aisling can almost here a soft wind-like sigh coming from the plant.

Then two thorn crowned appendages whip out from the pot to wrap themselves around Aisling's extended restrained forearm. It feels like fire as hundreds of needles pierce her flesh, and there is a sucking sensation that draws the veins and arteries tight in her arm. The plant is drinking Aisling's Vitae! She can feel the tight tension in her vessels and muscles as the vines pull at her soul!

(OOC: Aisling loses 1 vitae point so far, we will see how long this goes.)

"Do you like my creation Aisling?" Mother Blackstar calls mockingly, "You know it is not easy to Ghoul a plant; though he was no ordinary rose bush to begin with." The pain is near maddening, and Aisling can hear The Beast howling in the back of her skull, though she is still firmly in control. As Aisling grits her teeth, Mother Blackstar repeats, "We exist within the circle of life and death, and often times power can only be gained through sacrifice. Give unto the Dark Mother what you will, but know this, my roses will drink you dry and will refuse to let go. You will have to sever your arm if you wish to live."

Deftly, Mother Blackstar flips the knife so that she is pinching the curved blade between thumb and pointer finger. She extends the weapon to Aisling's unbound hand, and steps away once the knife is accepted.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Anna

“We haven’t sent the files yet,” Anna said, “we should have an agreement before moving forward, even if nothing is on the official record; we wouldn’t want anyone wondering why boons were suddenly being traded. What are they worth?”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-01-29 at 10:46 AM.
    TC for short

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

The feel of the strange, ghouled plant’s thorns piercing the pale flesh of her arm sent shivers up her spine. The plant was feeding from her. Her Beast was not passively accepting of this, and it raged and roiled in her head as instinct told her to flee and to flee now! But despite this gut-churning instinct, the sensations that spilled along her arm were far too similar to the euphoria she felt when her sweet Bernardo or Gabrielle fed from her.

Aisling sighed wistfully as she let the plant continue to feed, though she took the knife in hand and peered at it curiously. They wanted her to cut off her own arm?! That seemed…barbaric, perhaps? But then again, she had seen animals chew off their own legs after falling into the iron-jawed traps that her father’s hunters used. This would be no different.

Yes….” Aisling whispered again to Blackstar. This plant was a thing of beauty. Of primal urges, dark and messy, and it tugged at her soul in more ways than one.

After several long moments, where the Gangrel allowed the plant to continue to feed – there was something intimate about it – she finally raised the knife to the flesh of her arm and grit her teeth in determination. Blackstar would not win this time!

No…

It was time for Aisling to take her place as more than a pawn in the schemes of this city. It was time for her to rise like the Witch Queens of Old.

With that, the Gangrel turned to meet Blackstar’s gaze once more as if to show the Primogen that she would not be so easily cowed, and began her gruesome work.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If I’m understanding correctly, she’s got to cut her arm off.

She will feed the plant another two blood points and then she’ll do the deed. If I have to spend a willpower point to force herself to commit such an act, so be it!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

A jackal's grin spreads across Nicholas D'Agostino's lips, and the red candlelight seems to reflect in his eyes. He spreads his previously clasped hands and lays them out on the table, palms up. "Anna, the work and loyalty you and your companions have shown me has been more than impressive. I am quiet glad I have made am ally of your coterie" he says calmly, his voice warm and melodic. He pauses to study both Karl and Anna's faces before continuing, "Your continued companionship is worth much to me, and I assumed there was no need to say that your efforts will be rewarded handsomely, to the best of my abilities." His words drip with honey.

"Name your price," he says curtly.

The animate plant continues to feed on Aisling's blood. The slow continuous pull becomes a pulsing rhythmic pain, like some terrible facsimile of a heartbeat. With every second Aisling's beast growls louder and louder till it becomes a screaming raging voice reverberating in her skull. But Aisling holds the leash with an iron fist, refusing to allow Mother Blackstar or the watching Crones to see her weakness.

After submitting her flesh to the hunger of the plant for long enough, Aisling takes the knife to her arm. The next few minutes are a blinding maze of pain and gritted teeth. Without the ability to produce enough force, Aisling has to use a sawing motion to get through the meaty muscle and taught tendons of her forearm. Each push or pull causes the Beast to howl out again, till Aisling is unsure of where The Beast ends and she begins. The bone was the hardest part of the act. It was not as hard or brittle as Aisling imagined, instead seeming to grind and crunch wetly under the knife.

Blood turns the blade slick and crimson. The knife has no guard and so several times Aisling hand slips onto the blade when it catches on her bone, slicing through the fleshy pads of her fingers. The grip becomes slick and sticky with Vitae.

Finally though, the knife makes it through the other side, and Aisling's arm is released with a sickening snapping noise. Aisling is flung back as the plant pulls her hand and wrist, and she almost loses her footing.

Mother Blackstar has again covered her face with the deer mask, and she places a cold hand on Aisling's shoulder. "Welcome sister Aisling," Blackstar says dramatically, as Aisling pulls her stump in towards her chest. The arm feels like it is on fire, and Aisling can somehow still feel the missing hand and fingers. The actual flesh is pulled into the rustling rose bush, quickly dissolving into ash. The other members of The Circle gather around Aisling, chanting in unison, "Welcome sister! Welcome sister!"

(OOC: AIsling is down to 7 blood points and takes 4 lethal damage.)
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Aisling couldn't remember pain as agonizing as this; objectively she knew her embrace had been bad but the details were buried somewhere in the perpetuity of her immature psyche.

Something about the rending force she had to apply to saw through sinew and bone made her sick. The Gangrel tried to maintain a brave facade, but all she wanted was to be held by her long-dead mother. By the end, crimson tears of blood ran down her cheeks and Aisling's shoulders were shuddering with barely constrained sobs.

As she cradled the bloody stump of her arm to her chest, Aisling forced herself to straighten and be steady. There was a swell of pride and selfish satisfaction at their acceptance in her dead heart, and through the pain and her Beasts impotent thrashing Aisling allowed a smirk to twist her lips.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    not sure what I should be asking for here, let me know if this is obviously ridiculous (either high or low) and I will amend. We’re taking about making a Prince here so....

Anna

“Major boons for the three of us,” Anna said, “and... for me, I would like a...major boon for my covenant in addition.”

She decided at the last minute to push her luck and ask for a major boon for the Ordo. D’agnostino could always try to negotiate her down.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-01-31 at 07:52 PM.
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl remains silent for the moment, he would prefer to let this play out for now.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Alejandro Perez claps Aisling on the shoulder, chanting with the others. He wraps a dark green cloak around the Gangrel, the costume now familiar to Aisling as belonging to the members of the Circle of the Crone. He has returned the plastic orange fox mask to his face, though Aisling can imagine the smile playing on the man's lips. "Well done!", he whispers when the chanting has died down. Then he raises his arms theatrically and announces, "If it pleases my fellow Acolytes, I offer my mentorship to our newest initiate, and will take responsibility for educating her in our rituals and ways."

"Do as you wish," Indra jeers from behind her devil's mask.

But she is cut off by Mother Blackstar, whose voice echoes throughout the room, "No Alejandro." The Primogen's arms are folded across her chest, and she again clutches the ritual knife, which has been cleaned of Aisling's spilled blood. "I believe we must allow our rising Acolytes the chance to prove themselves. Let Indra take on the role of Aisling's mentor. She has proven herself quiet capable in the powers of Cruac and will make a suitable tutor. Aisling O'Donnel," she says with a voice dripping with honey, "I know that Indra will share all her knowledge with you and will work to make you a suitable member of our circle, as I am sure you will share your knowledge and power with her."

Indra moves to protest for just a moment, but stifles. She turns and glares at Aisling, her dark eyes glowing from behind her demon's mask. "Very well," she says coldly, her eyes never moving from Aisling.

Nicholas' grin stays frozen on his face as Anna speaks. "That is simple enough," Nicholas says, almost with a hint of boredom,"To be honest I actually had more hoped for you. As it is, we will likely have to depose Schultz and his cronies. While it may be too soon for any of you to be Sheriff, I think the three of you have done more than prove your capabilities, and I was hoping to at least make you three Hounds in my cabinet. I think you deserve the honor, and the political power that will come with the position." He turns to Tony and adds, "Don't you agree", to which the neonate agrees heartily.

Nicholas finishes with, "I will be happy to owe you these boons as well, if you so desire, but please consider my offer for when the time comes."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Perhaps the ramifications of what is involved here simply have yet to sink in for her Sir. Regardless, we all have work to do. I think we shall leave you to yours."

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nicholas shrugs, and waves a hand as if to deflect Karl's statement. "No insult was meant by my statement," he says warmly, "I simply meant to show my gratitude. I am happy to provide the boons as I said, and I hope you will consider my offer."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Anna Wu

“That would be a very high honor sir,” Anna replied, “I think I would like to know who is Sheriff before fully committing. And I think I agree with Karl, there’s much to do and little time.”
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very well," Nicholas says with a nod of his head. He offers Karl a thumb drive to transfer the video files to, and then thanks the two. "Again, I am very glad to have your three as allies. Please extend my gratitude to Aisling as well. Excellent work. We will communicate very soon."

With that he offers both Anna and Karl a handshake. Tony follows in the gesture and thanks the two as well. Unless anything more is said or done, D'Agostino and his entourage depart, with only the smallest amount of time to escape before dawn.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-02-04 at 07:47 AM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

For a moment, Aisling felt as if she were a deer caught in the sight of a hunter, or a deer in the headlights, as Bernardo had once said. She should have known Blackstar would seek to keep her hooks in Aisling somehow. But she couldn't show fear, or turn back now. The damage was done, literally and figuratively, she thought as she glanced down to the ruin of her arm.

Turning to meet Indra's gaze, she poured her anger and childish tenacity into it, and did not look away.

"Of course, Mother Blackstar." murmured the Gangrel, voice dangerously soft, like the calm before a storm. "I aquiesce to your...wisdom."

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"Very good!" Mother Blackstar practically cackles in response, clasping both Aisling and Indra on the shoulders. Indra's fiery hatred does not waver, but nothing more is said.

Mother Blackstar walks into a dark corner of the room, only to return holding a giant bronzed goblet, intricately detailed with carved depictions of humans and demon-like figures engaged in all forms of fornication. The bowl of the goblet looks like it could hold about a half gallon, and Mother Blackstar is using both hands to carry the massive thing. "And now let us commune with the Dark Mother," Blackstar intones in something like song, "by drinking of The Wild's blood."

The group responds with "We are all children of the Dark Mother, and she is our power." The pot of animate rose abomination is cleared from the table, and replace with the goblet. The chalice is filled to the brim with a dark blood that smells far to warm and fresh for something that has been out of a living body. The blood also does not smell all together human, and there are hints of herbs and spices that intermingle with the metallic smell of vampire sustenance. One by one the Acolytes cup their hands and pull up some of the blood, drinking heartily as their lips and cheeks become smeared with crimson.

(OOC: Almost done, I swear)
    Show