The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 781 to 810 of 848
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    In the car

    When Anna puts the phone on speaker, Eliza says aloud, "Lillith? Hello, are you there dear?" in a voice that is comically dramatic in its expression of concern. Following Anna's statement though, the woman says with a certain coldness, "You wouldn't be asking to use my Haven, would you. I'm was never in love with Prince Gorman, but you would be putting me in grave danger housing his killer's. As you said, who knows what sort of retaliation his allies might seek!"

    ***********************************************

    Outside the Car

    After the phone conversation, Anna and the others exit the vehicle, and make a quick study of the apartment building. There are no clearly accessible fire escapes. The building is modern in design, with much of the facade made of thick glass plating that could perhaps be smashed. Though the building is abutted on either side by similar buildings, it appears that there is a small, well manicured back yard with large concrete tiles and a rectangular patch of grass. The yard is protected by a head high iron fence that probably would not be too hard to scale, and though not visible, it is likely that there is some back entrance connected to this back yard area.

    A swinging gate along the fence has a numeric passkey panel that can be accessed, and there is a similar panel at the front door. The front entrance has a doorman's desk, where an older uniformed African American man sits reading a book.

    Security cameras are obviously visible around the building, and a sign has been placed on the front door that says, "Smile you are on Camera/ Security by WeWatch Co."

    (OOC: Lets start with Wits/Dex + Stealth + Obfuscate rolls for all characters who are going to try to approach and enter the building unnoticed. Also specify whether or not you are going to avoid the view of the security cameras vs. just not doing anything to be noticed by anyone who might be watching at this late hour)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Lilith grinned in spite of herself, god it was good to feel a bit of normality at least 'That's why I called you darling, to make sure you're locked up safe. I couldn't bear it if anything happened to you because of me. Just keep your head down and in a few nights there'll be a new Status Quo.'

    *******

    'Ok, we try to evade the cameras, if we're caught I'll distract the guard, you two keep going. We all agreed?'

    Spoiler
    Show
    Lilith won't go if either of the others has a beter plan but otherwise;
    wits+stealth+ob
    2+2+1
    (5d10)[10][6][4][6][2](28)
    10-again
    (5d10)[9][8][1][6][7](31)
    Lilith
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

    Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

    Vagrant by Darth Raynn

    Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

  3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna followed Lilith’s lead, trying to evade the cameras.

    Spoiler
    Show

    (5d10)[2][10][10][1][2](25)
    10 again: (5d10)[2][2][2][4][6](16)
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Wits 4 + Stealth 3 (+2 Move Silent if applicable)

    (7d10)[3][6][2][7][3][3][4](28) + (2d10)[10][9](19)



    Aisling slipped from the car with her two companions, falling into a low – almost predatory – crouch as she scurried along with them. The Gangrel had pulled her running shoes off in the car, wiggling her bare toes as they touched upon the asphalt and concrete of the urban landscape. Swift, and silent as the night was the name of the game.

    Simply nodding to Lilith’s command, she made her way towards the building while sticking to shadows and moving with the grace of an undead predator.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Inside the Car

    Eliza gives a dramatic and obviously superfluous sigh, before replying to Lillith, "Okay then dear. You too, stay safe. Pulse me tomorrow night when you wake up to let me know you are still okay. Don't do anything too reckless tonight!" With that she ends the conversation.

    ************************************************** **

    Outside

    The three Kindred slip noiselessly through the darkness, avoiding the yellow light of the street lamps. They use their pass code to access the back gate and let themselves into the backyard, bathing in the near blackness afforded them by the being on the other side of the apartment building from the street. The same pass code lets them into a dimly lit hallway attached to a laundry room and with a short walk to an elevator.

    The coterie rides the elevator to the second floor, entering a well lit hallway painted white with cheap looking modern art painting decorations and baby blue immaculate carpeting. So late at night (or early in the morning, depending on how you would look at it), the hallway is completely empty and no noises can be heard from any of the apartments. The hallway is lined with towering wooden doors painted a dark rich brown color, with brass plating indicating room number in an unnecessarily decorative "lettering". Each door has a view hole , as well as a single round doorbell. The three Kindred pad silently along the carpet, unfortunately unable to avoid the site of the cameras here; though nobody stirred at their presence, till they arrive at Zach's apartment, room 208, which sits at the end of the hallway, which terminates at a floor to ceiling plate-glass window looking out over the street.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna

    "Okay we're going to go now, take care of yourself, Eliza," Anna said, cutting off the call.

    Inside the hallway, Anna knocked the camera away from the door.

    "Get your claws out," Anna whispered to Aisling as she drew her sword, "we'll break the door down on three..."

    "One, two..." Anna whispered, and then lined up for the strongest kick she could, right near the door hinge.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Would a crowbar help with the door? If so Anna would have also brought that from her car and used it on the door instead of holding her sword. If not or if she forgot she had one (because I forgot) that's fine.

    str2 + brawl 3: (5d10)[7][7][8][6][8](36)
    10 again: (5d10)[3][3][9][7][9](31)
    Since this is a wooden door I'm assuming durability 1 and size 5 for a structure 6, so we need to do 6 damage to destroy it and it soaks one damage from each attack from non aggravated sources, unless I messed something up.
    If the door is still up after the first round, Anna will hit it again:
    Round 2:
    str2 + brawl 3: (5d10)[7][6][9][2][3](27)
    10 again: (5d10)[8][9][9][7][3](36)
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-10-17 at 08:38 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I'm fine with Anna having a crowbar with her, though the door is a little more fortified than just wood. Regardless, I don't really see the sense in making you roll a series of protracted rolls, just to break the door in. With enough effort the group will have it broken. That said, it's not exactly the most subtle way in...


    With every pull on the crowbar, the wood begins to crack further and further, splinters coming loose from the varnished wood. Just one or two pulls more! From inside the apartment, a man calls out, his voice a high pitched wavering growl filled with both fury and fear, "Go the **** away! I don't know what you three want... but I'm armed... and I have Ghouls in here with me!"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    Anna paused.
    “What are you even doing here, Zach?” Anna asked.

    “You sure you still want to do this?” Anna whispered to Aisling, “not too late to back out.”

    If Aisling is still gung ho, Anna will make one final push of the crowbar and step next to the doorway both to let Aisling and Lilith (if she chooses) enter, and to draw her sword to ensure nobody can run.

    Spoiler
    Show
    what was the name of that gang Anna is investigating?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-10-17 at 07:50 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    ”Yes.” Aisling hissed, crouching next to the door as Anna worked her magic to force her way inside. ”It may be a challenge, but it will be worth it.” If for no other reason than to placate the Beast and give her a modicum of peace back so she isn’t a threat to the rest of her Coterie.

    Drawing on her Vitae, Aisling splayed her fingers wide as her nails elongated and sharpened into wicked black talons ready to rend and shred the undead flesh within. The Gangrel waits as the door is forced open the final way, still tucked just out of sight to ensure that if the answer to the door crashing open is a hail of bullets, she won't be in the line of fire.

    When it seems the coast is clear, Aisling slipped inside as fast as her lithe limbs could carry her - practically bounding towards Zach to spring the attack, hoping to pounce upon him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Minus one BP for manifesting her Protean claws.

    Attempting to start a Grapple.

    Strength 2 + Brawl 2 + Willpower 2

    (6d10)[2][9][2][10][9][3](35)


    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  10. - Top - End - #790
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The door cracks open with the noise of an avalanche of stones, slamming inward to reveal a hallway.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Okay, here we go. So due to Zach's Safe Haven, Aisling failed her stealth roll... sorry but I didn't want to reveal the results till it was too late... so Zach is prepared for a fight and the group does not have the element of surprise.

    So, Aisling spends the BP drawing her claws, but everyone give me an Initiative roll as we start to figure out how this plays out. This will likely be a beat down and surrender like scene, so everyone give me your brawl/weaponry/firearms roll as well to keep things moving.

    Erulasto, as this is Aisling's "thing", please also tell me how you want this to play out if the group has their way.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna is going to be focused on defending Aisling and making sure nobody gets away, just in case they need to make sure there’s no witnesses.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Init: (1d10+6)[16]
    Str + weaponry (6d10)[4][7][1][9][3][10](34)
    9 again: (6d10)[10][5][1][1][8][2](27)
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl returned to his office, which also functioned as his private Haven. At first there was no reply from Gabriel, but by the time the Mekhet had washed up and changed clothing, there was both a text message and a missed call from his Ghoul. The Shadow's body still bore the evidence of the massive damage Karl had received over the course of the night; his body was practically riddled with bullet holes, his bloodless flesh slashed to ribbons. This had made the shower that much more painful, each wound an exposed nerve of pain, but this nociception helped keep Karl's mind sharp in the waning hours of the night.

    Gabe's text message read, "All fine on my end. Police showed up, but your friends took care of the niceties. Holed up somewhere safe.", followed by a second, "At least till sunrise", and a third, "BTW, young Mr. Rugg tried to reach you. I told him you would speak to him tomorrow night."

    There was no voice message from Gabe's missed call.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl calls Gabe back, "I'm glad to hear you're secure, its been an ätzend night. I forgot to mention, but the new haven's burned to the ground by the Sheriff. None of ours were in it, but its gone now. The Prince left a hell of a mess behind that we're going to have to clean up. Not us personally of course, but in the heat of the moment those there turned to me for guidance on getting it done right. Its definitely in our interests if you keep an eye on it today."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  14. - Top - End - #794
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Gabe's reply text reads, "Sure, just let me get a few hours of sleep first!" followed by, "Just text me the address". Once that is received he says, "Anything I should do other than watch???"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  15. - Top - End - #795
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    "There are bound to be a number of ghouls there with no clue how to handle a crime scene. Contain them as best you can. The decision of how to handle the story behind the dead at the mansion is pending. Before we caught up to him, Gorman slaughtered everyone working at his mansion. If we're lucky, the prince's now deceased servants have no real ties and so can just disappear. If not, we'll have to do something else. But that's why the decision is pending."

    "In the meantime priority is on removing all traces of paranormal activity, traces of our fight with Gorman down in the basement, and not muddying the waters even further with evidence that people were there contaminating the scene. Take charge if you need to, and don't be afraid to invoke the Primogen's authority when it comes to making random idiots pick up their cigarette butts. The word will have spread by now that we're currently favored by the one likely to be the next prince."

    "P.S. There's some dolls upstairs, I don't think there's anything explicitly... unusual about them, but still, they should probably go."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-10-20 at 07:34 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  16. - Top - End - #796
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Lilith steps smartly through the door after the others, stopping only to pull the door closed behind her. Of course the lock was busted, but hopefully you couldn't tell that from the other side of the hallway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

    Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

    Vagrant by Darth Raynn

    Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

  17. - Top - End - #797
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The door crashes open with a loud crack as the wood splinters around the bolt. Standing at the end of the doorway hall is Zach, a vampire who looks like he was embraced straight out of the frat house, 21 years old if you were being generous. His topless upper body is all lean muscle and unnaturally pale skin. He's wearing a pair of baggy gym shorts, and a pair of Nike rubber flip flops, but holding a metal golf club. The look in Zach's cold blue eyes is one of animal terror, his thin lips pulled back in an O that shows off the tips of his extended fangs. There is still some product in his blonde hair, manicured in a rather modern looking side part.

    There are no Ghouls; all three vampires realize this immediately. No scent of blood, or soft low pulses coming from anywhere in the apartment. Zach is alone, and very very over matched. Anna is first through the door, following her weight forward with her kick, her Jain out. A single swipe of her sword knocks Zach's golf club aside, and a flicking reverse swing takes one hand off at the wrist. The Invictus howls in pain, stumbling back and dropping his club to clutch his bloodless stump. Then Aisling falls upon the vampire in vicious cloud of near-Frenzy blood lust. Her claws tear into the Zach as he crumples to the ground, and the three vampires take several more free strikes at the fetal crying wretch before they realize that Aisling is losing it, and are forced to pull the Gangrel back before The Third Tradition is broken. Fortunately, Lillith had remembered to close the door behind her, and that the three made such quick work of the Invictus.

    Zach is left huddled on the floor, his body shredded and battered long beyond the extent that a mortal could survive. He wheezes against shattered ribs and punctured lungs a cry that sounds something like "Why, why why...".

    ************************************************** *********

    "Very well," Gabe says with a seeming mix of duty and disinterest. There is a long pause before the Ghoul adds, "I apologize if this was not clear but Mr. Rugg... your grandson, he sounded very very distraught." This is said without an attempt to hide the bitter jealousy in Gabe's words, and he adds as if spitefully, "Though it's probably much to late to reach him now, even on the other side of the country."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl asks, "Did he express a particular concern, or did it just seem to be general anxiety over the situation?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  19. - Top - End - #799
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    There is a hint of anger as Gabe says, "How sh... I mean, he just sounded very upset. He wouldn't say anything but demanded to speak with you. I told him you were busy tonight, but that you would call him when you got the chance."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl is getting irritated as well, "Thank you for letting me know, get some rest Gabriel."

    After hanging up, he sends his grandson a text, "Things are moving even faster here than I thought. The important issue has been settled. It is becoming safe again. I have a little bit of time to speak now in the unlikely event you are awake. If not, then I will call you early tomorrow night."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  21. - Top - End - #801
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WolfInSheepsClothing

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    'Never liked him.' said Lilith cheerfully 'Bit anticlimactic though, what a pitiful way to go. Who wants their death to be a disappointment?' She starts looking around the apartment for any useful information, time was short but when you're in the information gathering business it never hurt to have a quick look around 'Frankly I'm almost embarrassed. Now he got one good scream out before he went down so cover your tracks girls and then we have to split.'

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    wits+investigate
    (3d10)[4][8][9](21)
    Last edited by Ladorak; 2019-10-23 at 01:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Human Spirit also by KP. The Raynnverse lives!

    Vagrant and Seal by Smuchmuch

    Vagrant by Darth Raynn

    Sentient #6 Avatar by kpenguin. Clearly the best picture of a M&M character named after a Nevermore song there has ever been.

  22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    After helping pull Aisling off Zach, Anna looked around for his missing hand, and found it at the foot of the bed. What a mess!
    She grabbed it and gave it to Zach, squatting down to help him hold it to the stump.

    She leaned forward and bit the soft flesh beneath her thumb, and stuck it in his mouth. She was already thirsty but this had to be done; she’d have to hunt first thing tomorrow night.

    “Drink a bit, use it to reattach your hand or you’ll lose it,” she whispered to him, “I like you Zach. Be glad I was here, otherwise she would have killed you.”

    Spoiler
    Show
    anna’s goal is to bloodbond Zach, and convince him she saved his life tonight.


    After Zach had somewhat reattached his hand and drank some of her vitae, Anna headed to the bathroom to wash off her sword and any other obvious bloodstains she had, then tossed a large wad of cash into the room before they left.
    “For the door,” she said, “and the mess.”

    Assuming nothing stops her she’ll quickly lead the others back to the car and make for the hotel.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-10-23 at 08:56 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  23. - Top - End - #803
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Still curled up and whimpering, the young man is too feeble to resist Anna's offering. His mouth latches onto her thumb, first sucking at the small wound, before his fangs find the meat of the digit, closer to the palm to open up larger wounds.

    Spoiler: @TC
    Show
    Take a look at the rules for blood bonds on pg 99, and let me know how much vitae Anna is going to feed Zach.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Spoiler
    Show
    okay, I guess I was used to the old rules where it was automatic. Not sure what a blood potency roll is and couldn't find it in the book. He rolls his blood potency and hopes for one success? This guy is probably one blood potency, what happens on a dramatic failure?

    Anyway, Anna will feed him one right away, and then one more when she is done cleaning up, before she tosses the cash.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    When one vampire feeds on another, there is no sweet sedation of The Kiss, only the sting of piercing fangs, and the fiery burn of blood being forcibly extracted from her veins. The beast in Anna's skull howls with rage, an empty painful hunger building deep within her chest. Zach stares up with his tattered face and dead eyes, with a look of confusion. The most superficial of wounds slowly begin to close themselves, though he has taken far too much damage at this point for the Vitae to help him recover in any meaningful way.

    When Anna finally retracts her hand, he is left whimpering, though his blue eyes remain fixed on the Vampire who had been kind enough to feed him.

    Spoiler: @TC
    Show
    So Anna feeds him one BP and drops down to 4/10, updated in the character box. You are right that the rules are not clear on this. Zach's Blood Potency is 1, so with Anna giving up 1 vitae, 1-1=0. However, the game tends to offer a chance dice in these situations, so what I am going to rule is that a dramatic failure here will be a first level blood bond, plus the Charmed condition on page 301.

    To spare a roll in the OOC post, I am rolling here (1d10)[1]

    EDIT: And as luck would have it, this is a dramatic failure, so Zach also gains the Charmed (Anna) Condition!


    **************************************************

    Gabe hangs up, and Karl hastily sends his grandson a text message. To his disappointment, there is no response, which hopefully means the man is only asleep and that something worse has not happened to him. Karl is left to wallow in the anxiety about this with the sun hastily approaching.

    (OOC: I'm good ending the scene here, as the above scene is almost over, unless there is something else you want Karl to accomplish. And sorry about the delayed response )
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2019-10-24 at 12:10 PM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    Anna broke the connection. She was so thirsty already and it physically hurt her to offer some of her blood to Zach but she had to if she wanted to try and minimize the fallout from this. She washed up quickly in the bathroom and tossed a wad of cash into the room before leading the way back downstairs to her car, and the relative safety of the hotel Karl has agreed to rendezvous with them at.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2019-10-25 at 03:03 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  27. - Top - End - #807
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Covered in the blood and viscera from her mauling of Zach, Aisling laid upon the floor from where she crumpled down having been pulled off of the vampire. Shoulders shuddered as she forced deep, calming breaths through desiccated lungs.

    That is what she needed. It was a pity her Beast didn’t get to finish the job, but her mind was already feeling a bit clearer.

    Eventually, as Anna finished up trying to bond Zach, Aisling followed her and Lilith out of the haven mutely. Her shoulders were slumped.

    ”Thank you.” She murmured to Anna and Lilith.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna

    “Oh hell no, you’re not going out like that, shower, now,” Anna said.

    No way was she getting all that blood and nastiness in her car.
    She helped hose Aisling down before letting her leave.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    That…was a good point. Anna’s car was very nice, and the Gangrel – even tempermental as she’d been – didn’t want to push her good will that far.

    So she did her best to clean the blood off of herself before getting into the sports car.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  30. - Top - End - #810
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Aisling's clothing is unfortunately covered in stains of blood and charnal gore, requiring her to change into some of Zach's cleaner clothing. She dawns an oversized blue hoodie, and a pair of skinny jeans that still hang on her like cargo pants. With that, the group move as quickly and silently as they can out of the apartment building, racing against any possible security, and the rising sun.

    End scene
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •