The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 793
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    Spoiler
    Show
    anna would take 2 to go back to full. And if this guy is still awake then maybe he’s not quite human either.

    “Okay. I missed this so much,” Anna said, “trying to keep distance was so hard. I just... I don’t think I can do it anymore. Let’s not talk about it now. Right now, I just want to enjoy this.”

    She stayed with him for some time, maybe 20 or 30 minutes, relishing her success. Her brain tried to interject with its concerns but she ignored it for the time being, content to simply exist in the present and forget about her larger problems and the bigger mess she was potentially creating.

    “Bathroom,” she said, extracting herself from his arms.

    While in the bathroom she decided to take a shower and wash off the residue from their session.

    ”mistress, I can be his mistress, still see him from time to time, and he’ll keep me a secret,” she thought, “lots of guys have mistresses, I’m pretty sure my dad had one...

    Stepping out of the bathroom, she checked if he was awake for a second round. If so, she happily indulged him, and if not, she quietly dressed and left the house, but not before sending him a note:

    “set up the meeting with Ariel, or call me first, there’s very important things I need to tell you. I’ll be out of touch most of the day but will get back to you when I have access again.”

    Spoiler
    Show
    subterfuge: (4d10)[10][4][9][8](31)
    10 again: (4d10)[10][3][10][3](26)
    Presence is 3 dice, manipulation is 4, not sure what’s more appropriate.


    Anna would return to the bar to retrieve her car.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-11-03 at 11:42 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The shower's heat is inviting, needed, but its false vitality is nothing like the act that Anna had just committed. Daniel's life blood was deep inside her, warming her and making her whole again if just for a moment. For the time, everything was right in the world and Anna felt almost alive again. She was smiling in the first time in a long time, just out of happiness.

    When Ann has returned to the bedroom, hair still drying and sticking to her face and neck, Daniel is just barely awake. Remembering a past life, Anna coos the man to sleep listening to has steady but racing heartbeat until he is no longer conscious. She leaves her note, and slips out the door, locking it behind her to protect the man she loves.

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    This is the end of Anna's interlude. She has defended her Touchstone and would regain a willpower but as the scene has restarted, Anna's willpower pool is full. She takes two blood points, leaving Daniel with two lethal wounds and likely a very bad headache. His stamina is 2 so he does not take the drained condition. I would say manipulation is appropriate, so it would be five dice, pulling your first 10 again dice up into your original dice pool that is an exceptional success. I'm ruling Daniel has the Swooning Condition as applied to Anna, which gives Anna 2+ on any social roll involving him.

    Anna gains one beat for the completion of the scene. I have updated your character box. I will try to wrap up the other players' interludes (each should be one to two posts away from completion... just hope they are around this weekend), and I appreciate your patience.

    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl nods, "Tomorrow evening then."

    Unsure what he wishes to accomplish this night, and with the others apparently busy, Karl heads out to hunt. Best to do so before one is truly hungry after all. He stalks through his favorite hunting grounds looking for someone vulnerable

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Going for a simple stalk and snag. Draining 3 BP to fill up if successful, Dex + stealth + obfuscate spec (5d10)[8][6][9][6][5](34)
    ten again(5d10)[6][3][1][5][10](25)
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna sent a text to Karl: “free now, everything okay?”

    While she was on her way, she also pulled up Daniel’s Facebook to see if she could find Ariel, and her last name.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-11-03 at 10:06 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    It took Karl surprisingly long to find a good bar with a large enough single bathroom to use. Calling on Obfuscate he let himself into the bathroom and turned off the light, leaving the door unlocked. After drawing on some straining patience, a middle aged man in a light grey suit that matched his salt and pepper hair let himself in. Karl waited like a trapdoor spider, looming directly over the man in the dark, as he closed and locked the door, and began fumbling for the lights. Heightened vision in the dark allowed Karl to see the man's diamond studded rolex and take in his musky cologne, during those few deliciously extended seconds of panic.

    Just before the man (perhaps he was some sort of business executive) reached the light switch, Karl pounced. The man did not even have time to curse or cry out before Karl's fangs were sunk deep into the side of the man's neck, freeing the highly pressurized life from his carotid artery. The Mekhet fed deeply, glutting himself on the sweet tangy blood till he felt sated and tingled with vitality. The man moaned as Karl withdrew...

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    So I took some creative liberty with the scene to keep things moving and because I was lacking more specifics regarding what the Dex + Stealth roll meant. We will call this the end of Karl's interlude. Feel free to post once to describe how Karl leaves the victim (does he smash his head in and steal his wallet to make it look like a robbery?). Karl has replenished his blood pool to 10. Karl also gains two beats, one for the interlude scene and one for Gabe's investigation into MS13. Please see the OOC thread.


    ************************************************** *************

    Anna made her way back to the Cotiere's haven in Seacliff. Facebook made 'researching' Ariel ridiculously easy. A quick browse through Daniel's profile for pictures of the couple (god they look so happy together!), found Ariel Vicarelli. Her profile was pictures of her and Daniel, pictures of her hiking, pictures of her doing yoga. Anna would be meeting with the others soon.
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2018-11-04 at 09:28 AM.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    The guttural growl that rumbled up Aisling's throat seemed disturbing from someone her size, but the Beast lent it strength. Skittering back a few steps, the Gangrel could at least remember for the moment that these were not people she wished harm upon.

    Instead, Aisling turned viper-quick, and burst out of their haven and into the night.

    The hunt was on.

    There was a mortal out there who was going to have a very bad evening.

    The shadows were her friends tonight, and the Gangrel clung to them like a life-line as she skulked around the periphery of populated areas, looking for wayward strays whom she could pluck off the street in a moment of weakness.


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Wits 4 + Survival 3 (Hunting 2)
    [roll0]

    Parkour to get there quicker.
    Dex 3 + Athletics 2
    [roll1]

    Aisling was out on the streets, quickly making her way out of the haven's neighborhood. Her mind continued to cycle over and over through her rage, like the wheels of some hell-bound carriage. She was leaping rooftops on silent bare feet, moving through the urban jungle of San Francisco like some reinvented predator.

    It was not long, maybe a half hour, as Aisling moved between the roofs of the flat apartment complexes of the Outer Richmond that Aisling came upon an old woman. She shuffled down the well lit street, her back stooped low, her thin straw hair covered in a fine silk scarf.

    Aisling dropped to street level, landing on all fours without even the slightest thud. Staying in the shadows, she followed the woman till she passed under a dead streetlamp. The night was quiet here, and Aisling was upon the woman before she could startle or cry out.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Aisling got 3 successes. I went with Dex+Stealth which had seven dice matching the number you rolled. This is a human. Please feel free to give a little post, and number the amount of blood Aisling is going to take.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The scent of the old woman’s blood wasn’t as palatable as the Gangrel had hoped. It was thin. Weak. But it would suffice. While Aisling wasn’t in the grip of the Beast’s frenzy, the wildness was still there, burning below the surface. Perhaps she could have been cognizant enough to be more precise – less bestial – but it didn’t matter at the moment.

    Falling upon the woman, Aisling wrapped her thin arms and legs around the woman to pin her arms to her sides and prevent much of a struggle while she bit into the flesh of her prey’s neck and began to drink.

    When she had taken her fill, Aisling took a long look at the old woman. It was, after all, the law of the wild. The old and the weak were taken to thin the herd and allow the strong to prosper. Bending down, Aisling took the silk scarf and wrapped it around her own neck before disappearing back into the night and beginning the trip back to the Haven.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Aisling is taking three blood points. I know it’s a heavy toll, especially for an older woman, and while I may want her to take it easy, I can see the bestial condition causing some impulse control in this situation.

    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Aisling left the woman unconcious, but nowhere near dead. She could have taken more. She wanted to take more. Perhaps she should have taken more. These thoughts too poured over and over in the Gangrel's mind as she stalked back to the Haven.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Act 2 Scene V

    “A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid.”

    -George R.R. Martin


    Three vampires stood out on the roof of their haven, looking out over the roiling sea to the North extending into the Western coastline, and the honeycomb of lights and shadow that made up the city-scape to the East. The fog was heavy this evening, insulating them in their conversation. Their dead bodies were numb to the cold. Endless nights were theirs if they could sort out the matters at hand, and lord knew there were many of them.

    Bernardo was begrudgingly waiting downstairs with Gabrielle. The female Ghoul was still asleep, likely completely oblivious to her current danger as the monsters over her bed spoke.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    “So what happened with Gabrielle?” she asked.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The Gangrel’s shoulders sagged in frustration as she huffed a deep sigh to Anna’s line of questioning. The Ghoul was a touchy subject at the moment, and even with her belly fuller than it had been, Aisling found the wildness hard to shake.

    ”She went dancing. Used the gifts Estella’s blood gave her to enthrall many patrons of the club. Gabrielle is….angry…that we do not seem like we are caring much for finding the truth behind Estella’s demise.”

    Aisling paused thoughtfully.

    ”She may be…partly…correct? But she is not handling it well and has no patience.”
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    “Like a spoiled child,” Anna said, “maybe next time she can fight off a trio of kindred using blood magic against her. This better not result in a Masquerade breach. Just a humble suggestion Aisling, but I think it might be best to ensure she is bonded as soon as possible.”

    Anna pulled out her phone.

    “I was looking forward to receiving the invitation to the memorial for Estella you were planning, only to hear you were out partying and abusing her gifts to you. How disappointing. If you didn’t want to do it, you could have said something.”

    She showed the message to Aisling and Karl before sending it to Gabrielle, hesitating if either of them caution her against it.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl nods in agreement with Anna's assessment of the situation, "Yes, bond her as swiftly as you can. If she continues to be a liability, and we don't do something first, someone will deal with her in a very unpleasant fashion, and probably come after us as well."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna nodded.
    “It’s her choice,” she said.

    “Karl, I have another private matter for your firm to investigate, not a huge priority, when you have time,” Anna said, “I will pay your standard rate of course.”

    “I should let you both know I’ve requested the Ordo’s assistance in securing domain and legal control of a mental institution,” Anna said, “we need to be able to provide a safe and secure source of blood, to reduce potential Masquerade breaches.”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The Gangrel nods slowly, a small crease of a frown on her face at the suggestions from Karl and Anna. They were right however. Gabrielle needed to be a bit more docile if this was going to work.

    Aisling had no objections to the message that Anna had sent, though the Gangrel knew she was going to need to sit down with the Ghoul sooner rather than later and have some words.

    "I am to be inducted in the Circle of Crone, myself, soon. I have found a sponsor - Alejandro Perez - and their laws prevent me from being targeted by another member of the Circle so this should stay Lady Blackstar's hand for the moment. Though if she was willing to attack me before the Prince, I cannot say it will be a permanent solution." Aisling says at length to the other two Kindred.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The name Alejandro Perez rings familiar to both Karl and Anna. Karl had thought the vampire to be rather foppish, and likely had been a homosexual as a mortal; that thought had been rather distasteful to Karl, though possibly a little less so now. Alejandro had been seemingly standoffish if not downright rude to Anna on a few occasions, and registered as a self important and superficial braggart. Neither one had such a negative opinion to likely protest Aisling's new ally, but it wasn't something to be celebrated either.

    In the distance a car horn howls in protestation, and somewhere a large bird takes flight into the night.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna

    “I’m also going to speak with my Sire, see if he has any insight into finding who tampered with Estella’s phone,” Anna said, “we’re we ever able to break into it to see who she was in contact with before she vanished?”

    “Are there any new developments with ms-13?” she asked Karl.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    "Two possible new leads there, Our friend at the bar has an unusual contact. A white collar type under suspicion of dealing designer drugs. Its tough to say exactly what they're doing together. I would guess one of two things, Either there's a side business deal, or its something that needs a more legitimate looking partner like money laundering."

    Karl hands over the short version of his notes as he continues, "Then there was that beating victim from last night. A nobody really, but it looks like he got caught up in the drugs there, and fell out of favor somehow. Probably by coming up short on cash. I checked up on him at the hospital, he's in bad shape, but it looks like he'll live through it. Its a bit of a long shot, but he may have seen or heard something useful. Actually, I was hoping that you would speak with him Anna. The little I can guess of his personality suggests that he's more likely to spit in my face than help, in spite of how the gang treated him."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The abrupt sound of bird and horn caused Aisling to start suddenly, body tightening in apprehension. Despite the recent feeding, Aisling still felt the irritability of the Beast bleeding through into her wakening thoughts.

    It took a moment for her to assess, and seemed to allow her to realize it wasn’t an immediate threat.

    ”Not that I am aware of….” Aisling answered Anna regarding the phone.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna

    “Of course I’ll talk to him,” Anna replied to Karl, “do we know his name or how to find him?”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    "Carlos Medina, and he's receiving care at San Francisco General Hospital. Based on his condition when I snuck in to find out if he'd survive, he's going to be staying there for a bit longer at least."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    “Could be tough if he’s in a hospital,” Anna said, “I’ll see if I can get in but we may have to pay him a visit after he gets out.”

    “Is there anything else we need to discuss?” Anna asked, “I want to speak with Gabrielle... if it’s alright with you.”

    She looked at Aisling quedtioningly.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    (OOC: As we haven't heard anything from Erulasto in a little bit, I am must going to move things along, and players can finish up the decision in spoiler/aside posts so that we don't lose too much steam).

    The trio's conversation is interrupted by the sound of approaching bird's flapping wings, punctuated by a few piercing caws. Oily black feathers of the large crow briefly eclipse the moon and few visible stars. The bird circles overhead three times before dive bombing and landing with a few ginger hops on one leg, in between the three vampires. The raven, for it's far too big to be a crow, stares up at the three, looking from one Kindred to the next, before its big black eyes lock on Karl. It crows three times, each shrill announcement of different pitch and length, as if there were a language to its noises.

    The raven hops towards Karl on one leg, before releasing with its other scaled appendage a roll of paper that clatters to the ground loudly. The bird crows again at Karl, as if encouraging him to take the parcel.

    The paper, just a piece of printer paper, is wrapped around a key ring with three different keys. The paper is has writing on it in flowery cursive, "Schultz's haven", this is followed by an address. The location is in the Marin Headlands, a strip of land along the coast line just on the other side of San Francisco on the Golden Gate Bridge. The Headlands are mostly marsh and beach, and Karl and Anna have likely been around long enough to know about the few cabins and camp sites that exist in the area. After the address, the letter continues, "Six Ghouls. Video surveillance security. Weakest just before dawn." This is followed by the largest writing on the paper, swelling to take up the majority of the page, "Enjoy!"

    The raven ***** its head sideways at Karl, seeming to grin up at him with it's large yellow beak and round black eyes, before shrieking one more time.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    “Trap?” Anna asked.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl gets a big grin as he looks at the materials. In response to Anna's question he says, "That is a possibility, one we'll need to assess. In the meantime, this is a very interesting development."

    Looking down at the bird, he says, "My thanks to you, and to the one responsible for this."

    He waits until the bird is gone and well out of earshot before continuing, "Whether or not it is a trap, someone is attempting to use us by goading me into taking action against the sheriff. This serves someone else's motives"

    "But no matter who sent it or why, there should still be a chance to turn it to our advantage. Even if it is a trap, a trap can often be reversed against those who set it with the right foreknowledge."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Lost in thought, it takes Aisling a moment to sense the raven's presence, though when she does her head snaps towards it with a start. Glacial blue eyes wide, the Gangrel watches the large bird drop the message into Karl's hand.

    The news is welcome, but Aisling doesn't vary her gaze from being upon the oily black bird. Instead, she slowly raises slender fingertips to gently graze along a wing, movements cautious to not startle the bird.

    "You are a pretty bird, yes?" Aisling coo's.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Composure + Animal Ken

    (6d10)[4][4][1][4][5][3](21)

    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The bird hops back from the Gangrel's cold touch, as if surprised by Aisling's presence as well. It flaps its wings out and puffs its chest, stepping up and down, first on one leg, then the other as it stares at Aisling.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Scowling, Aisling retracts her hand from the raven and threads her fingertips together as she clasps her hands in front of her calmly. Tilting her head to the side, the Gangrel dips into the feral aspects of her Beast, and brings unbidden memories to the surface of the language of birds.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Animalism 1 = Feral Whispers

    Manipulation 1 + Animal Ken 3 + Animalism 1

    (5d10)[10][8][5][10][10](43)



    When her lips part, the sounds that flow past are anything but human.

    "Who bid you bring us the message, pretty little thing?"
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-11-15 at 01:40 AM.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    “As fascinating as this is, I think I’m going to pay our slumbering friend a visit,” Anna said, reentering the house.

    She skipped down the steps into the kitchen and filled up a cup of water.

    “I like you Bernardo,” Anna said, “don’t interfere. She is safe from me.”

    for now,” Anna thought.

    She took the water to where Gabrielle was sleeping and locked the door behind her, then proceeded to turn on the lights and unceremoniously dump the cold liquid over the ghoul’s head.

    “Get up,” Anna said as Gabrielle sputtered.

    Fangs extended to let the ghoul know the Kindred meant business. Anna will roll her out of bed and onto the floor if necessary.

    “I thought you cared about her, instead I find out you’re off clubbing,” Anna said, “disrespecting Aisling. Disrespecting Estella’s vitae. Do you have any idea?”

    Anna glared at Gabrielle, her sword swinging loosely at her hip.

    “Honestly I couldn’t believe it when you chose to drink from her over me,” Anna said, “but that’s neither here nor there. You had better get on your knees and beg forgiveness from her. Literally! Aisling is from the thirteenth century! Karl was on the other side in world war 2. Neither of them tolerate insubordination. Clean yourself up, present yourself to Aisling, and pray she’ll allow you the privilege of drinking from her again, instead of going all dark ages on you.”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The bird takes another awkward hop back as Aisling opens her mouth and lets loose a series of crows. It is at this moment that Anna simply shrugs and leaves.

    “As fascinating as this is, I think I’m going to pay our slumbering friend a visit,” Anna said, reentering the house.
    The raven stops its posturing, pulling its wings in and bowing its head. Shiny black feathers along the bird's chest and neck still stick out at odd angles, ruffled from the activity. Its head rotates on its long avian neck till the big black eyes are almost pointing down as it studies the Gangrel. Then in response to Aisling's question it says, "The Lord Corpse. He lives in a big mansion with shiny glass and much light. His nest is not far from here. He bid me take the shiny metal here. He spoke like you corpse. Just like you corpse."

    All Karl can understand is Aisling and the raven squawking back and forth at each other, though he can appreciate the bestial look that has come over the young girl's face as she calls on her Discipline.

    ************************************************** ***********

    Bernardo takes no action to intercede, though he does watch Anna anxiously as she closes the door behind her.

    The water drenches the still dressed Gabrielle, soaking her clothes, and bed sheets. The girl is slow to respond, bringing a hand up in front of her face, sluggish and trembling. "Ooooh" she moans, and it takes several seconds before she starts to sit up and wipes her tangled black hair from her face. The hair has caught flakes of now running makeup, turning strands a whitish pink.

    It is another few seconds when she begins to look around, still moaning. And then another few seconds before she recognizes Anna. The girl seems to initially not be registering what Anna is saying, and the vampire is forced to repeat herself as the girl begins belly aching about her splitting headache.

    Finally, after Anna's words eventually get through, Gabrielle crosses her arms over her chest (and now the girl is shivering with cold), "Why should I? Why should I help any of you? We need to find Estella. Maybe she's still alive... didn't you say that Karl's visions were tampered with?
    "

    Spoiler: OOC @ TC
    Show
    If you are going to continue with the same line of approach, could I get a Presence+ Intimidation roll? Otherwise, if we are going to try more reasoning with the girl, maybe Manipulation + Persuasion.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •