The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 795
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    Anna smacked Gabrielle across the head, not a hard slap, but enough to make someone with a severe headache wince.

    "Get this through your head," Anna said, "you don't tell me what to do."

    "The three kindred who ambushed us the other night are probably looking for you and Bernardo right now," Anna continued, "if they catch you, you will most likely be tortured to death. You would be aware of this had you answered your phone instead of throwing a tantrum. Every second I have to spend tracking you down or worrying about you getting kidnapped or breaking the Masquerade is a second I'm not looking for Estella, and the trail is getting cold."

    "I'm not going to tell you again, clean yourself, go apologize to Aisling, and take tonight to sober up," Anna said.

    Spoiler
    Show
    presence + intimidate: (4d10)[9][10][2][8](29)
    10 again: (4d10)[2][4][6][2](14)
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna's blow causes the ghoul's eyes to open wide, even as her hair flies and her cranium rolls sideways from the force. She sits staring up at Anna for a long moment, eyes wide open, mouth agape. Then Gabrielle stammers; once, then twice. "Okay", she finally manages to get out. The girl rises, legs trembling and hand trembling, and face all too pale.

    She places a hand on Anna, perhaps to steady herself, and looks into the vampire's eyes with yellowed sclera cracked with bloody rivers. When she speaks, her voice reeks of alcohol, and rotten mortal smells, "Okay. I'll do it. I'll go apologize to Aisling." Then she moans, clutching at her chest as her heart pounds unsteadily. "I'm so hungry," she whines as her grip on Anna's shoulder tightens, "Can I... can I have just a little of your blood?"
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    “Remember how this feels the next time you get the urge to boil away vitae for no reason,” Anna said, “you’re drinking from Aisling, it wouldn’t be appropriate for you to drink from me. Besides, you don’t need vitae, you need eggs, bacon and toast first. And water.”

    She helped support Gabrielle out of the bedroom and into the kitchen and into a chair.

    “Bernardo,” she said, “you know Aisling best, can please you help Gabrielle get some healthy food into her system, eggs, bacon, toast, that sort of thing, and plenty of water, and maybe give her advice on how to apologize to Aisling if you’re so inclined?”

    “I’m going to go chase down a lead on Estella,” she said, “do you need help before I go?”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl watches bemused at the exchange, but stays quiet for now.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    A whine starts in Gabrielle's throat, but she stifles it. Her cheek is beginning to redden in a five pointed star where Anna's hand landed. Gabrielle glares as Anna leaves the room, her pout turning to somewhat rotten as she sways with one hand against the wall.

    As Anna enters the next room, Bernardo watches her with cautious concern.

    “Bernardo,” she said, “you know Aisling best, can please you help Gabrielle get some healthy food into her system, eggs, bacon, toast, that sort of thing, and plenty of water, and maybe give her advice on how to apologize to Aisling if you’re so inclined?”

    “I’m going to go chase down a lead on Estella,” she said, “do you need help before I go?”
    "Uh, sure," Bernardo says, his eyes darting to the room behind Anna to quickly study his fellow ghoul, "I'll do what I can."

    Anna makes her way downstairs and out the haven, securing the new system behind her.

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    So where to now?


    ************************************************** *****

    (OOC: So I am going to move this along. We can retroactively finish the scene as needed, but it looks like Erulasto is a bit busy ATM, and I'd rather not hold the game up too much)

    Aisling finishes her squawking conversation with the large bird, which extends its massive wings and sets off into the night. Once the bird is gone, the Gangrel says, "I think the key was sent by Nicholas."

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    So where to now?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    “Thanks Bernardo, you’re the best,” Anna said.

    Anna leaned over next to Gabrielle as she sat unsteadily in the kitchen chair, and cupped the girl’s cheek.

    “You’re part of this family, but you’re still new,” Anna said, “learn from us, and Bernardo. I don’t want to see anything bad happen to you.”

    The vampire planted a kiss against the reddening skin and gave the girl a pat on the head.

    “Let me know about the memorial,” Anna said as she departed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    presence + empathy: (4d10)[8][9][1][4](22)
    10 again: (4d10)[9][2][9][10](30)


    Once outside she called her sire from her car.

    “Kenji, sire,” she said, “I need some advice, do you have time to talk? Are you at your haven?”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    The kiss leaves Gabrielle with a shocked look on her face, big rheumy eyes staring out behind running dark eyeliner. She says nothing more as Anna departs.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm giving Anna a beat for working to "Gain Safety and Security" by trying to rope down Gabrielle. The beat is reflected in Anna's Character box on the first page of the OOC thread. She now has two beats and two XP


    Outside, the phone rings several times before Kenji Tanaka responds. The man's voice is measured and warm in response to Anna's question. "Anna dear, good to hear from you childe," he starts, "I do have plans for the night, but if it is important, I will always make time for you. Perhaps we could meet at the Wyrm's Nest? I have business to attend to with The Covenant, and I know you are meeting with Lady Miho nightly now to study the Coils of the Dragon!" Anna can hear her Sire's triumphant pride in this last remark.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    “Yes,” Anna replied, “she is tutoring me, and I am trying to take her lessons to heart. I will meet you at the wyrms nest. Thank you Kenji.”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    "My pleasure my childe," Kenji says before adding, "Jya, mattana" a Japanese phrase that Anna was pretty sure meant something like, "see you later". Then the line went dead and Anna was in her car, racing through the evening traffic to the Wyrm's nest on Octavia.

    The large Victorian mansion was well lit, and seemed to warmly smile at Anna as she passed the gate and walked down the stone path, then up the stairs to meet Julian, who was standing guard on the porch. The Daeva watched as Anna approached, and said, "Welcome Anna. I take it you are here to see Lady Miho?" There seemed to be a touch of hurt in the Dragon's voice. Yes Julian was probably one of the most dangerous vampires in the city, but Anna was suddenly struck by how sensitive he seemed. Could he really feel slighted that Anna had given up her lessons with the Sworn of the Axe, to study with Lady Miho?
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl nods in response to Aisling's revelation, "Well, that at least reduces the chances of it being a trap. Shall we see to Gabrielle? We must ensure a repeat of last night never happens again."
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    i think this might be the most emotion I’ve ever seen from Julian,” Anna thought.

    “Not until later,” Anna said.

    She texted Kenji: “I have arrived, let me know when you’re free.”

    She joined Julian on the porch, turning to face the stone path alongside him.

    “How have you been?” she asked.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Aisling watches the raven fly off, before turning and giving Karl a nod. Her gaze hardens somewhat as she thinks back to the interactions with Gabrielle the night before. The insolence. The ungrateful little ghoul.

    ”Yes. You are correct.” She grumbles. ”We have too many enemies in the shadows to worry about a wayward child. I am not inclined to give too many chances.”

    With that said, Aisling sweeps back through the haven, seeking out Gabrielle and Bernardo with a scowl marring her face.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Downstairs, Karl and Aisling find Bernardo working at the small kitchen stove cooking a few eggs. The smell is repulsive to the two vampires though it clearly doesn't bother the others. Gabrielle is sitting at the small folding table, her two hands clenched around a tall glass of water. The girl's eyes are glassy, but she turns her attention to the two vampires as they enter with a jerky anxiety that belies her apprehension.

    Bernardo looks up from the eggs he is frying to watch as the two Kindred approach. "I'm making Gabrielle some breakfast," the ghoul announces with wavering voice; then adds jokingly, "Can I make you two something?" He offers a half-hearted chuckle that dies in his throat quickly. Gabrielle scowls at Bernardo, but says nothing to him or two the two Kindred.

    ************************************************** ****

    Julian shrugs, looking out over the city street as cars roll by lazily. "Not bad. Still getting ready to go back to the Art Museum. Lady Miho has been very helpful." The words are said flatly, as if he were repeating a script. He offers a half-hearted smile to Anna and then says, "Well, I won't keep you. Mr. Tanaka is here, and told me to send you up when you arrive. He's in the Moon Room."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    “Julian,” Anna said, placing a hand lightly on his shoulder, “I must master my Beast or it will master me. I can’t fight well if I can’t control myself. I’ll come back, I promise.”

    She left him to seek out her sire inside, finding the Moon room easily and knocking on the door.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Stepping back into The Wyrm's Nest is like entering Anna's other home. The building is well lit and inviting, and she makes her way upstairs, exchanging greetings with other Dragons as she goes. The Moon Room is in the North East corner of the house, named for it's large circular window which looks out East over San Francisco. Tanaka's voice from inside beckoned Anna to enter.

    Kenji Tanaka is dressed in a comfortable looking forest green tween jacket and a mustard yellow v-cut sweater. Anna's sire was a brick shaped man who was embraced in what was probably his 40's. His hair was just starting to thin and go grey, his dark and spotted face just starting to wrinkle. The vampire's eyes were always filled with a light that belied both a terrifying intellect and a thread of mischievousness. Kenji sat at a desk by the window, with a large and ancient book spread out in his lap as he pecked away at a keyboard attached to an ancient looking computer monitor.

    The vampire swiveled in his leather office chair, and adjusted his wire rimmed spectacles to greet Anna. The Elder Mekhet grinned showing yellow near-rotted teeth, and Anna could smell the tobacco from Tanaka's cigarette habit even from across the room. Without rising he says, "Good to see you Anna. Please have a seat." He gestures to the floor, rather than to one of the many chairs or couches that line the room. "What was it you wanted to discuss?" he asks, as he quickly saved the document he was working on, and closed the file.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    “Hi Kenji, thanks for meeting. I’m working on something for Miho-san,” Anna said, “we used auspex to trace an item of Estella’s, the neonate who recently went missing... but it seems someone has used blood magic to tamper with the visions that come from the psychometric readings. Do you have any thoughts on who would have the capability or motivation to accomplish this?”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna's sire squints his eyes till they are almost closed as he thinks the question over. "I am not familiar with such a power," he starts, his voice rough like the bark on an old tree, "though I imagine such a Devotion could be developed with the right application of Obfuscate and Auspex."

    He relaxes and allows his eyes to open, nodding his head thoughtfully while he still works the question over in his mind. Then the corner of his mouth turns up in a half grin, causing crows feet to appear at the corners of his eyes. He leans forward towards Anna, and in a voice much lower, as if telling a secret, Tanaka says, "I imagine its just the sort of trick that Prince Gorman's cronies would employ. It wouldn't be the first time The Sheriff was accused of tampering with Kindred evidence..." and this last part he whispers, "and you do know what they say about The Prince's feeding habits of late."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna leaned back, the corners of her lips tuned down in a small frown.

    ”does it even matter if someone is trying to manipulation you,” Anna thought, “you want the prince gone, if someone is trying to get you to help do what you would do anyway, why not?”

    “That is,” Anna said, “wow.”

    She shook her head.

    “Thank you Kenji, there is one more thing,” Anna said, “I am requesting our primogen’s approval for the major boon, and I will ask for domain and legal control over a mental institution. First, are there any roadblocks you might be aware of, and second... lady miho sought me out to tutor, and she offered to arrange the meeting... do you know why she’s taken such an interest in me?”

    She left the next question unasked: should I be worried?
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl looks to Aisling to take the lead here, the girl was her responsibility more than his. Chances are he'd make a mess of things trying to interfere. He was just here to loom a little and add weight to the gangrel's words.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    “That is,” Anna said, “wow.”

    She shook her head.
    Anna's sire smiles, nodding knowingly as his childe takes the information in.

    Thank you Kenji, there is one more thing,” Anna said, “I am requesting our primogen’s approval for the major boon, and I will ask for domain and legal control over a mental institution. First, are there any roadblocks you might be aware of,
    Kenji frowns and raises both hands imploringly, "Anna my Childe," he always started like this when giving bad news, "The clan owes you a debt, and you are certainly within your right to ask. But you are relatively new to the Covenant, and still uneducated in the Coils of the Dragon. You should be thankful that Lady Miho is taking you on to instruct you so. As your clout within the Covenant rises, and you prove yourself as a scholar of the Dragon's tail, such requests will be more happily approved. That said, I don't think anyone will stand in your way."

    and second... lady miho sought me out to tutor, and she offered to arrange the meeting... do you know why she’s taken such an interest in me?”
    Kenji shakes his head in the negative and says, "No. Perhaps she sees the same potential in you that I did when I chose to embrace you. Again, you should be thankful for the opportunity; Lady Miho is one of our greatest scholars."
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna Wu

    “Thank you Kenji, I know you’re busy. Is there anything you would ask of me?” Anna asked.

    If he says no, Anna will thank him and depart and return to the haven, texting Karl on the way to let him know she’s on her way back.

    On the way, she called her aunt Celestine.

    “Hello auntie, how are you?” she asked.

    Spoiler
    Show
    calling an npc to give the other two pc’s time to wrap up their scene before rejoining.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Shoulders were tight with the tension that was in the room, and Aisling spared Bernardo a brief glance.

    "No, thank you Bernardo. I am...fine." Aisling said, before turning her attention back to the Ghoul seated at the table. Aisling made her way across the room to stand before Gabrielle, eyes narrowed.

    "You need to eat. To replenish your strength." Aisling stated, matter-of-factly as she caught the glare at Bernardo. "You are hungry, whether you want to admit it or not. Last night would have burned through much, I would wager."

    Taking a seat across from Gabrielle, Aisling laced her fingers together idly while resting her hands comfortably on the surface.

    "What happened after I left?"
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Kenji laces his hands together and rests them in his lap. "No, no requests," he says lightly, "just take your studies with Lady Miho seriously and show her the respect she deserves as one of the elite scholars in our Order."

    He bids Anna goodbye, but as she leaves he adds, "Oh, my Childe... please do let me know before you submit your request for Boon fulfillment. I will do my best to assist you in your enterprise."

    Later on the phone, it is actually Uncle Henry who picks up the phone. The man has a coarse throaty voice, formed by a back a day habit he still has not kicked despite his wife's cancer. "Anna dear! How are you doing? Thank you for coming over so often and taking care of my wife and my daughter. Are you free tonight? Perhaps we can have you over for dinner?"

    ************************************************** ***

    Gabrielle stares at Aisling, her eyes hard and defiant despite her drained pallour. "My apologies Aisling," she says slowly as if struggling to get the words out, "I know the way I treated you last night was not wise... nor was it fair. I hope you will accept my apologies." The ghouls hands are shaking against her glass of water, and the moment she is finished, she races the glass to her mouth and lustily drains the glass before placing it down on the table with a loud thud.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna

    “Sorry uncle, I was on my way to my next appointment and I had some time to call,” Anna said, “how are you, how is everyone?”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Aisling rises from the table and steps around it slowly, like one would a wounded animal. The soft smile she wore was marred by the prominently visible fangs behind her lips, and there was still something wild just behind her deep, glacial blue eyes.

    "Gabrielle...." Aisling said as she came face to face with the sitting Ghoul, "All is forgiven. I know you are struggling. I remember what it was like to lose....someone special to me. Lean on us and we will ease your demons. I promise."

    Leaning down, Aisling placed a light kiss on Gabrielle's forehead before bringing her wrist to her mouth and drawing blood on her fangs. The fresh pooling of vitae on her wrist was offered gingerly to Gabrielle.

    "Drink, and know we care."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    If Gabrielle is fed twice in one night does that count as two feedings for the purposes of a blood bond? Or is it night by night.

    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    "Oh, we're just fine Anna," Uncle Henry says quickly with a sigh, "Better than fine actually. Your Auntie is doing amazingly, all things considered. You should come over this weekend. I know you have been visiting, but it has been too long since I got to see my niece. If not tonight, perhaps we can have you over tomorrow? Maybe we can do Dim Sum for brunch!"

    ************************************************** *************

    Gabrielle recoils slightly as Aisling approaches, but when the vampire offers her a chance to drink, the ghoul reaches greedily for the cold bleeding arm. "Really?" her voice comes out high pitched and breathy, her eyes seeming to dart around the room as if to ask, "is it okay?" before pressing her warm mouth to Aisling's dead arm. The girl's pulling mouth sends shocks of burning pain through the cord like veins in Aisling's arm as she drinks.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Karl is uncertain about the timing of this, he'd have stuck out for a fair bit longer and some more contrition from the ghoul before rewarding her return.

    Then again, perhaps establishing the blood bond was the more important thing for now.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Thundercracker's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Singapore

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Anna

    “I’ve got something on tomorrow, but we’ll meet up soon,” Anna said, “it would be good to see you too. I’ll come over if I can, maybe Saturday night. I’ll call first if I can, I might be busy. Is auntie there?”
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

    "I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Erulasto's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Aisling remains silent to Gabrielle's breathy, uncertain question, but a sharp hiss is drawn from the diminutive Gangrel as she allows her to drink.

    After a moment or two, Aisling threaded her fingertips through Gabrielle's hair and drew the Ghoul away.

    "That is enough, for now, sweet Gabrielle. There will be more, if you remember that we only want what's best for you." Aisling says, softly, using her thumb to wipe a bit of blood from the Ghoul's lips.

    Turning to Karl, the Gangrel's lips quirk faintly, as she holds back a smile.

    "With this new information....what do you make of it?"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Going to give Gabrielle 1 Blood point worth of Vitae. Less means more frequency, and then Aisling can secure the Bond quicker.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

    Avatar by LCP

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    SamuraiGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2013

    Default Re: (IC 2) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

    Saturday night sounds good honey” Henry responds. He then calls for Celestine, his voice coarse and bellowing as he calls for his wife.

    When Anna’s aunt picks up the phone, her voice is lined with a subtle tension. “Hello Anna dear, how are you doing?

    ****************************************

    Gabrielle ‘s head rocks back as Aisling breaks their bond. The girl’s mouth is smeared with wet shiny crimson, her tongue still working. She sighs slightly, stoned and unaware of the world around her.

    Bernardo watches the scene from the small kitchen countertop. His eyes are narrowed, his lips pursed.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I’ve docked the one blood point, and moved Gabrielle up to a second degree blood bond with Aisling.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

    New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

    New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •