New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Sombra Went Down to Ashtown

"Fear has a funny way of bringin out more strength than a pony has right to." Brazen muses. "Mothers liftin cars off their foals and what have you. Though if you came away with some strains ah can't help but wonder what she came away with, ya'll get checked by medical yet?"

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

"It's delicious! It's easy and fun to make!"

Love's idea was to give a muffin to every changeling. The changeling guards get a wave from her. Love tries to say hello to the changelings by name, but she will exchange names if she doesn't recognize them.

Her enters the barracks and her eyes light up when she sees the large cocoon. She excitedly asks, "Wow! What is that!? Is that some type of healing cocoon!?"

Love smiles at Pins and waves to him from behind Needles as he gets woken up. "Good morning Pins!"

She puns, "Take your time to recover. It looks like you were in a sticky situation."

"Muffin!" She continued the chain. "Happy and I made muffins for everyone. Would you like one? They've been getting good reviews!"

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    (3d6)[17] vs 13 (Perception)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Red Tape nods to them both. “So Lt. Rose, please describe exactly what you experienced in detail.”

He listens to Rose’s edited version of her vision with rapt attention. His face betrays concern, both for Rose and the implications of what she saw, whether it was a true vision or not, but he keeps his voice even and level. After she is done, he leans back and lets out a breath he’d been holding for a long time. “And these...aliens,” he says, “The ones that looked like ponies. Did any of them look like anything we’d be familiar with? In other words, if we saw one of them walking down the streets of Canterlot, would we notice them in the crowd?”

--

“Oh yeah, I’ve heard those stories. And now I know firsthoof what exactly them mean by them.” Seafire chuckles grimly.

“Our suits have an onboard diagnosis tooltip,” Seafire says, “I took a healing potion though, just to be safe.”

Healing potions are ludicrously expensive pieces of first-aid equipment that few regiments keep on hoof. Only elite groups, like the Wonderbolts, can afford to keep them in a large supply.

--

Everything looks fine to Love. Nothing to see here!

The changelings aren’t the most talkative group, most of them scurrying this way and that with little time to talk, but they stop and say a few words to Love when she speaks to them.

“Heh, sticky,” Pins says with a groggy smile. “More wet and warm, maybe a little slimy, but yeah. Yeah, it's a healing cocoon.” He sniffs the muffin, interested but a little confused.

“You eat it,” Needles whispers.

“Ohhh.” Pins grins lopsidely at Love and Happy. “Sorry. Still waking up.” He takes the muffin and bites into it with gusto. “Mm, also really hungry, so this is good.”
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2018-10-22 at 03:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    “And these...aliens,” he says, “The ones that looked like ponies. Did any of them look like anything we’d be familiar with? In other words, if we saw one of them walking down the streets of Canterlot, would we notice them in the crowd?”
    "Many of them would stand out; they're larger and carry about a... sort of other-worldly presence about them. I had no trouble picking them out as aliens in the vision. That could be the chip's geas spell imparting that knowledge to me, but even so, when I say they were akin to alicorns, I mean that they were like a perfect example of their species. Something about them just made me take notice."

There were a lot of questions Rose couldn't answer. The top being if this vision was factual or just propaganda.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper remarks silent throughout the exchange. His emotions are tucked into their box in the back of his mind. He can't afford distractions right now, nor can he afford to wince as Rose uses the 'A-Word'.

Poker face.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Love continues onward, business as usual, because she didn't see that interesting thing!

The changelings seem busy. Love engages in conversation where possible. The muffins aren't getting to end up in changeling hoofs by themselves.

"I heard you were resting. The situation sounded sticky at least. Please, be careful not to push yourself too hard! I hope we didn't wake you up too early." Love nods her head in agreement. "It's for eating! Go ahead! Happy and I made it ourselves." Love is happy he is enjoying the muffin and smiles. "We're here to deliver muffins to everyone!"

She looks at the healing cocoon. "Wet, warm, and slimy?" Love steps up to him and wipes a bit of the goo off him and rubs it around on her hoof. She smells the substance. She is tempted to canister a good sample size away for study, but she doesn't want to be rude. "A healing cocoon is fascinating!"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-10-22 at 06:23 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

"Mmm," Red Tape says, not really phased by this information, "Interesting. And did that menagerie include...foxes? Like the one you encountered at Night Skye station?"

To Sniper's relief, he seems to have brushed right past Rose's alicorn comment.

--

"I can crawl back inside when we're done," Pins says, "We're good on that end." He finishes up the muffin with relish and licks his lips and fangs appreciatively.

"We make do with what we can make ourselves," Needles says, "But generations of trial and error give us some pretty good techniques when all is said and done."

The liquid is slimy, but slips off Love's hoof like warm oil.

8. - Top - End - #128

"Foxes? Um... to be honest I saw so many different creatures that I cannot remember if there were foxes," Rose answers. She struggles, but nothing sparks the memory. "If there were, I don't remember. Sorry."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper stays silent.

Just because RT doesn't pick up on the comment doesn't mean that others won't.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

He ate the entire muffin! Love smiles real big. "Good, no harm done then."

"It looks amazing! It sounds wonderful!" Love lets the precious goo drop off her hoof before wiping her hoof on her coat. "I'd really like to talk to the person who build that thing." Love chuckles. "Another time? We still have muffins to deliver. How about we request an audience with Queen Chrysalis? We still have Cloak's and Dagger's muffins too." Love looks to Happy.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-10-22 at 09:42 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

"Hmm. Pity. Still no explanation for where exactly that one came from." Red Tape taps a pin to his chin. "Lt. Scope, any analysis to add?"

--

Both brothers blink and take a deep breath. "Right. The Queen," Needles says ruefully, "Uh, well, I guess we can...take you to her. Or I can and Pins can crawl back into bed."

"It's a little cold out here," Pins admits.

12. - Top - End - #132

"Hmm. Pity. Still no explanation for where exactly that one came from." Red Tape taps a pin to his chin. "Lt. Scope, any analysis to add?"
    Rose idly digs at one hoof with another as she listens to Sniper.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper popped the lid to allow some emotion to surface.

"My only comment is that this story correlates to the other stories and/or propaganda put forth by Polaris. Polaris seems bent upon casting himself as the most great and powerful of creatures. Perhaps his pride can be used against him."

He frowned. "I'll need time to do a more in depth analysis to say more than that."

14. - Top - End - #134

"Well, Polaris is consistent, if nothing else," Rose adds.

She leans forward a bit in her chair. "But there is an unanswered hole in his words created by his actions. At least, I think so. See, in the back of my mind while we were exploring the zebras' temple, I had this question on why Polaris, Hyper Thought, and the CPI have placed a high priority on obtaining Marelantis artifacts and anything associated with the late King Sombra. If Polaris is some kind of alien leader of an empire that spans the galaxy, why would he care so much about a group of small and difficult-to-work-with magical items? Or to put it as the famous Star Trot Captain James T. Kick once said--

What does god need with a starship?
    "

Rose leans back in her seat again. She speaks with an air of undercooked calm plated with a sprig of nervousness. "Obvious we don't have an answer to that or this or anything else right now. I just want to bring up that if Polaris is what he claims to be, he should have magic and technology at his disposal far surpassing anything we could defend against. Yet, he seems keen on cribbing our own resources. The Pacification Protocol? That was the old Equestrian airship Armitage, just with an advanced energy weapon bolted to the artillery deck. He could have this fight in the bag with one ship from his empire."

"And I'm not going to buy an excuse of 'maybe he crashed here and has to work with the local tech'. No, he's been here a long while. If he runs a galactic empire and this was important enough that he showed up personally? Then he has ships and resources he can spare. Something in his story doesn't add up in my opinion, and you can quote me on that."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #135

Red Tape’s lips twitch upwards into a smile. “Great and Powerful?” he repeats, “Like a certain blue-coated AI, I presume?”

He shifts in his seat as Rose talks, resuming a professional stance. “Indeed. And that brings me to the last question here. How long ago were the events shown to you supposed to have happened? It seems to me they are in the past, but do you have any sense of the time?”

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Aw, they sound sad. "I'd really like to spend more time with you! My schedule is..." Love shakes her head. "I could stay a while longer. We can listen to some music." Love dances with her back legs. "We can play some games!" She looks to them for input. "I'd like to visit everyday."

17. - Top - End - #137

Red Tape’s lips twitch upwards into a smile. “Great and Powerful?” he repeats, “Like a certain blue-coated AI, I presume?”
    Heh, the cute one that's full of herself? Well, birds of a feather...

“Indeed. And that brings me to the last question here. How long ago were the events shown to you supposed to have happened? It seems to me they are in the past, but do you have any sense of the time?”
    Rose takes in a deep breath. "No, I could not tell any sense of time specifically. It appeared to be past events played out in quick succession, like a... like one of those time-passing montages you see in the movies."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "What does god need with a starship?"
    What did Celestia need with the Elements?

Sniper shrugs. If the comparison fits...

At this point, nothing surprised him. Trixie could be behind the whole scheme for all he knew.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2018-10-23 at 10:41 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

“Maybe not everyday,” Needles hedges, “But we can slip up to you easily enough. We’re not really needed around here except for lifting heavy things and putting them down again somewhere else.”

“And holding up fallen support beams with our backs,” Pins mutters under his breath.

Happy doesn’t seem to have picked up on any sadness and is all smiles. “So!” she says, “To the Queen?”

--

“Hmm,” Red Tape says, “So according to this hallucination, an indeterminate amount of time ago Polaris and others were major players in a war across the galaxy. We have no way to confirm this and nothing adds up anyway.” He closes his notebook. “Right. Well then, we’ll make sure you remain in control of yourself while you sleep and hope this all clears up by morning.”
    Last edited by Miltonian; 2018-10-23 at 11:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

Rose nods her head slowly. "Yeah, that's pretty much the long of it, so... let's get me locked up while I'm still in control of myself. I can do a lot of damage if I lose it again."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2018-10-23 at 12:33 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Yes. Unfortunately, it's better to play it safe than be sorry later."

Sniper nods, stands and then gestures at the running recording device. "Does this conclude the interview?"

If yes, then Sniper sends a comm. message to Love: We have a situation. I need to talk to you and Happy. Meet us at the brig.

22. - Top - End - #142

Having never been arrested before, Rose holds out her forelegs with the expectation that she'd have hoof-cuffs or bindings of a sort to restrict her mobility to a walk.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

23. - Top - End - #143

Red Tape flicks the recorder off. "Yep. We're done here."

Red Tape blinks and stares at Rose's extended hooves. "What are you--oh! Oh no, no, no. That won't be necessary." He smiles at her and pushes her forehooves back down. "Just a locked room and somepony standing guard I think."

24. - Top - End - #144

"Oh, heh. Well if you say so." Rose gives a sheepish smile and gets up to follow. "Okay, lead the way."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper sets his rifle so that it's loosely in hoof. He checked to make sure it was set to stun. Just in case.

"Agreed. I doubt that taking Whiskey Rose to the brig in chains would sit well with the locals. She's somewhat of a hero in these parts."

It looked like Rose had only understood half his meaning. The more important information had slipped out while the lesser was obscured. He m mentally sighed. He'd tried. It was the best he could do.

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by D.KnightSpider View Post
    "Agreed. I doubt that taking Whiskey Rose to the brig in chains would sit well with the locals. She's somewhat of a hero in these parts."
    "Aww, you know how to sweet-talk a trouble-maker," Rose says in jest. She takes a step to the side so as to be between the stallions. Rose clears her throat. "Okay, it's out of my system. I could probably use a forced rest now that I think about it. I work pretty hard, right?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

"I can slip down to here sometimes too." Pins expunges some worry with his light. "Oh! You got hurt doing construction. How is your back doing? It sounds like a dangerous job. Please, be careful." Love starts thinking about what she can do to help. If they're tunneling or clearing collapses that could be dangerous for Pins. She looks warmly at Pins as she tries to send him some good luck.

Love moves to squeeze Happy into a half hug. "We shouldn't keep her waiting. To the Queen!" She looks to pins and gives him a smile.

She focuses in on her ear for a moment. "Excuse me, I have a message I need to answer." She texts Scope back, "Happy and I are down in the Hive delivering muffins to Queen Chrysalis." She really wants to deliver these muffins. It's been on her mind all day. She waits for the next text to say: her plans are canceled.
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-10-23 at 07:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #148

"Right," Red Tape agrees. However, he does extend a foreleg to escort her in a more gentlestallionly fashion. "Don't worry. Sgt. Corby should be up for the first watch. You can sleep or talk to her, whatever you want to do. I might sleep, though. You'd be surprised how tired sitting around all day can make you."

---

"Yeah! To the Queen!" Pins, Needles, and Happy cheer in unison. The enthusiasm is dimmed, but not destroyed, by Love's announcement. They are headed to Chrysalis' chamber and will arrive there if she doesn't decide to break away.

29. - Top - End - #149

"Right," Red Tape agrees. However, he does extend a foreleg to escort her in a more gentlestallionly fashion. "Don't worry. Sgt. Corby should be up for the first watch. You can sleep or talk to her, whatever you want to do. I might sleep, though. You'd be surprised how tired sitting around all day can make you."
    Well, he offered. Rose takes his leg and walks with him. "Oh I'm sure you do a lot of brain work; crunching numbers and moving intel around. We couldn't work without you, RT. Between you and Sniper I think home gets all the info on our little adventures they need to keep us in business."

Hmm, St. Corby. Well, guess Rose could get to know her a bit more.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That gesture was a little... uh, okay. Guess he missed a relationship update or something?

Under the pretext of answering Love's text message, Sniper slows his walk and falls behind the other two. Number one: putting a 'prisoner' between two soldiers was a bad idea. (Pointless justification? Yes.) Number two: well, his preparations for their interaction were turning out to be insufficient..

No. Walk it off and get on with your life. Sniper kicks the depression out of his mind before it can take hold.

Comm. to Love:Be quick. Need you ASAP.