New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: A Practical Guide to Evil

So, Disfavored-aligned while selecting the most snarky/sarcastic option in every dialogue box?
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2018-12-11 at 11:20 AM.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

That is scarily close to how my first run went, now that I think about it.....
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    So, Disfavored-aligned while selecting the most snarky/sarcastic option in every dialogue box?
    I... think I may have done that when I played and my character was female...

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

Started as a Pit Fighter, with Frost & Swordfight skills

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Nope, started as 2handed with Storm Skills and... Noble IIRC: Phew, avoided a total ripoff then. ;)
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Nope, started as 2handed with Storm Skills and... Noble IIRC: Phew, avoided a total ripoff then. ;)
    I dont get it 0_0

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

What dont you get?

I understand the similarities, and was glad I did not accidentally "play Cat".

Last edited by GrayDeath; 2018-12-11 at 02:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    What dont you get?

I understand the similarities, and was glad I did not accidentally "play Cat".

Oooohhhhhhhh

I get it now. Me speak English no good. Francais s'il vous plait?

9. - Top - End - #309
    Ogre in the Playground

Sadly, no.

English, German, some Dialects (others might say abominable corruptions^^) of the 2, and a small smattering of Spanish and Italian only. Oh, and both Geek and Nerd of course, being a member on this site this goes almost without saying ^^

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

I ended up siding with the Chorus on my first playthrough. Didn't make it halfway through before switching and then ended up accidentally
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting an outright rebellion with the Vendrien Guard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

11. - Top - End - #311

I was pure fighter on my first playthrough. Using the Scarlet Chorus as my club as much as neede, but kept beating their ass to remind them who was boss.

Played with the spear. And then i found out about the really cool magic system, and got.. disapointed.

12. - Top - End - #312

Confirmed that the magic system is too cool to pass by. Daaaamn.

I reached Book 4, chapter 75. I have to say.. the endless battle sequences with the locals is starting to drag -_-

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

I reached Book 4, chapter 75. I have to say.. the endless battle sequences with the locals is starting to drag -_-
    There is a nicely epic payoff though.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #314
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I was trying to play a genuinely loyal enforcer, so when a certain plot point was revealed/accidentally spoilered I abandoned the game in disgust about 2/3 complete.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

I was trying to play a genuinely loyal enforcer, so when a certain plot point was revealed/accidentally spoilered I abandoned the game in disgust about 2/3 complete.
    Was this about various options for the ending, which missed, in my opinion, the most important one? Because that, at least, did get fixed in Bastard Wound expansion, and I was a happy camper.

16. - Top - End - #316

Okay. Catherine's post... "Event" has some epic level sass.

She utterly defenseless, powerless, and still gets to infuriate a double-demigod

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Was this about various options for the ending, which missed, in my opinion, the most important one? Because that, at least, did get fixed in Bastard Wound expansion, and I was a happy camper.
    I think I was Tunon aligned so I did the only merciful thing. Slaughter everyone in name of TunonKyros.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post

She utterly defenseless, powerless, and still gets to infuriate a double-demigod
    A Cat/Harry Dresden crossover would be a thing of beauty.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

She's kind of sarcastic and aggressive toward powerful people in the best of times; when she has absolutely no way of directly influencing a situation and her survival is entirely up to the whims of somebody else, she doubles down on it. It's kind of impressive in a 'has no actual survival instinct' way.. then again, those kind of traits are why she was a candidate for a Name and Role in the first place, it's understandable she'd dive into them hard here. Especially when "Winter is screwing with her head more than she thought" is one of the points of the recent chapters.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

Sooo....(spoilers, all)
    Spoiler
    Show

Looks like Amadeus is gonna what, be a hero now? This should be goddamned hilarious. I can't wait to see how, say, Saint, or Hanno will react to this development.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: chapter end
    Show

Black is -not- going to become a hero.
    A major part of Bards message were that while Black had not played like he was meant to.
    Then he had still played and won for the ones beneath. And they did not forget stuff like that.
    The reason for why he lost his first name were less a loss of favor. And more that he acted to contrary to his supposed role.

So when you look at what Black has been up to. And partly how he is now partly in opposition to the Empress.
    Then there is a decent chance that he might end up as the name they worked so hard at supressing.
    Chancellor i think it was? (or something like that. Cant spell it)

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I think he could be a claimant for Chancellor. However, that would put him on a collision course with Malicia pretty overtly. Plus, he has no desire to claim the Tower. He always could have made such a bid, and he'd have had all the support in the world, but he doesn't want it, nor does he think himself suitable for the role.

Cat's his echo in many ways, and Cat too doesn't much like the nature of civil affairs. They're warriors no matter what. So, if he doesn't want to climb the towers, or do politicking with the High Lords, what else does the Chancellor role offer for him?

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Epilogue Book 4
    Show
    In which Hierarch finally finds something he wants to actually do.

I think Black is either being offered a chance at being Dread Emperor (he won't do it, because it would require directly betraying Malicia instead of only disagreeing) or possibly a chance at forging a new Name that is better suited to his style - General or Dark Warlord or somesuch. He's just as poorly suited to being Chancellor as he was at the traditional villainy of a Black Knight.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Show
    In which Hierarch finally finds something he wants to actually do.

I think Black is either being offered a chance at being Dread Emperor (he won't do it, because it would require directly betraying Malicia instead of only disagreeing) or possibly a chance at forging a new Name that is better suited to his style - General or Dark Warlord or somesuch. He's just as poorly suited to being Chancellor as he was at the traditional villainy of a Black Knight.
    Show
    I choose to interpret his "mistake" as being directed at Bard, because they have effectively given him an chance to create a new name on his own terms (because they expect him to try and become Dread Empress or something and he of course isn't going to play ball).

Also, I support Anaraxis' desire to out the Gods Above and their angels on trial, because that's just frackig hilarious.

That chaper showed me, too, why voting between Cat and Amadeus physically pained me.

If this goes south for them sod it, I'm going to scour the multiverse and find some version of them and recruit the fricking hell out of them for the Aotrs.

25. - Top - End - #325

Am i the only one who thinks...

Spoiler
    Show
    Thief might be transitioning to a new Name?

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No, that had occured to me at the time as well.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Back in Masego's chapter he noted that she looked almost regal. She's going to get Queen for sure.
    Last edited by Excession; 2018-12-17 at 06:49 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Name speculation
    Show
    We know there are some Names where the entire purpose is to lead into something different, but I've wondered for a while if other Names can kind of upgrade or, to borrow some game terminology, promote or classchange. Mostly based on the fact that almost all the heroes we've run into have some fancier names that seem to imply some feats or descriptors - did Bumbling Conjurer start as a basic mage Name and then become Bumbling when he realized what his particular idiom would be? Did Names like Thief of Stars and Saint of Swords begin their heroic lives as just Thief and (something fighty related)? Or did they just come from cultures that have fancier titles for their heroes? I was kind of thinking if such a thing could happen that Vivienne might do it, because stealing the very Sun out of the sky certainly seems like the kind of event that could define a Name.. but I suppose even if it could it probably would be related to the Named's confidence in themselves, drive to improve, and even the cultural background and stories they source their Names from, and Viv is a bit lacking in most of those spots (does Callow even have a strong Prometheus-type story to fit that into?)

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Spoiler: Name speculation
    Show
    We know there are some Names where the entire purpose is to lead into something different, but I've wondered for a while if other Names can kind of upgrade or, to borrow some game terminology, promote or classchange. Mostly based on the fact that almost all the heroes we've run into have some fancier names that seem to imply some feats or descriptors - did Bumbling Conjurer start as a basic mage Name and then become Bumbling when he realized what his particular idiom would be? Did Names like Thief of Stars and Saint of Swords begin their heroic lives as just Thief and (something fighty related)? Or did they just come from cultures that have fancier titles for their heroes? I was kind of thinking if such a thing could happen that Vivienne might do it, because stealing the very Sun out of the sky certainly seems like the kind of event that could define a Name.. but I suppose even if it could it probably would be related to the Named's confidence in themselves, drive to improve, and even the cultural background and stories they source their Names from, and Viv is a bit lacking in most of those spots (does Callow even have a strong Prometheus-type story to fit that into?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know if the name changes to match the person or it picks someone who matches it. Like the Bumbling Conjuror was probably a well meaning mage who was incompetent, and so it was perfect for him. But in the alternate possibility chapter where Akua tries to break Cat he gains a different name after they become a heroic band.

So I could easily see them being like a prestige class and gaining new names as you change, Hierophant made a whole new name after all. Thief seems like she is likely to become Queen because she was already focused on spies and politics rather than combat, so her conning nobles is perfectly in keeping with her actions.

I think there is a good chance she has a fling with Cat, they keep hinting at it and Cat is a person again now.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Back in Masego's chapter he noted that she looked almost regal. She's going to get Queen for sure.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was thinking something like that, yes. Something like the Shadow Queen, perhaps? Or the Spymaster