New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

[Important Meeting]

Cessie nods stiffly. "At first that was our fear but the more time passed the less likely it seemed that it was the case as they of anyone would have used them for some nefarious purpose. Though it was only after the Riverside invasion it felt safe to at least confirm that they were unable to use them even if they had them in their possession. Besides..." She looks to Arlem and Wenomir again. "I believe the tracks we've been following lead elsewhere?"

VIGIL Entrance

Blanche has her full body gear on? Man.

Anika is just wearing this with a backpack over her shoulders, a cap and a pair of crockers.

"Whoa, you're expecting a lot of thistle, huh?" She remarks as she sees Blanche.

2. - Top - End - #1052

VIGIL Entrance

The catgirl blinks, ears wilting somewhat. ”When you said made to take heat and water, I thought you meant more of a hostile environment sort of thing, not plain ol’ summer attire,” she defends a little bashfully. “I can change into something more casual if you’d prefer?”
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    [Karalie]

"Stop worrying about it, Karasu! One of my friends turns into an elephant and two of the others are training to be knights. Oh, that's a point. I can turn into an elephant now." Natalie almost absent-mindedly hands the rucksack over to her girlfriend when Karasu offers to carry it.

Natalie might not be diagnosed autistic, but her player is and is willing to admit that maybe some of his autism bleeds through. Particularly with Natalie, who is his most social character.
    [Karalie]

Karasu has to agree with Natalie on that one, gasping as she learns of Natalie's new form. "Ooh, an elephant? That'd be useful for offense and defense." She says, slinging the rucksack over one shoulder. "You're right, plus I have you to guide me, luv." She adds, then faces forward. "So, we're in a parked Sky Base, let's explore the surface a little bit. I spend my time over at the Academy's Library, when I'm not training. Stay at the Lower Village, it's more private. Upper Village is more communal... let's just go to the library."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

[Important Meeting]

Wenomir is silent for a moment, then decides arguing about assigning blame can be saved for later. "The tracks led us to... an ex-member of ours who had taken them from the ruins of our base, following the demon invasion. She eluded us, but recently she came to speak to me willingly. We remain in contact and can ask her about the souls."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-15 at 01:26 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Orc in the Playground

Karalie

"Well, sort of an elephant. A loxodon. They're elephant-people, so it gets better- I can still cast spells and use magic in it." Although as her magic doesn't require movements or words, I'm not entirely sure why she can't cast spells when she's an otter or something. I need to think about it. "It's not too big, but I imagine it's still growing and will get bigger. It's based on an old elephant lady I met, and she was quite big." But Earl can't remember the dimensions right now. "Ooh, a library? What kind of books are there?" She perks up a lot at the revelation of a library, since she's always a big fan of books.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #1056

VIGIL Entrance

Anika raises her palms in protest. "Nah, nah, keep the gear. You never know what might be waiting out there. Might get a tad warm though, but its not like I looked at the forecast. i just got the idea that it was warm there most of the time since its, y'know, tropical and all." She shrugs. "But anyway, you ready to go in that then? I figure your could ride on me all the way out there but a boat might go a bit faster, especially since engines don't get exhausted. We would save VIGIL money by not hiring or buying a boat though."

7. - Top - End - #1057

VIGIL Entrance

Blanche nods. "Probably smarter." It's not like she can transform into a multi-hundred pound armored tank in a matter of seconds, after all. "We can definitely hire a boat, but it could be expensive, and I don't think this is something we're supposed to be charging VIGIL for anyways. Course, I'm not the one being ridden for however long we need to go," she adds with a shrug.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Important Meeting]

"They were lost." Arlem confirms again.
    "And the demons almost certainly don't have them. From what I've pieced together, they were taken from the vault almost immediately, before the demons had a chance to reach them." That should be some small comfort to Reinholdt, for some reason. Honestly this might be worse than if the demons had gotten hold of the souls.

To just the commanders, he sends How much of the investigation should we explain to him?

To Wenomir only, he thinks Are you going to be okay dealing with her?

"In the best case, she took them because the Tower was clearly going to fall and it wasn't clear who could be trusted, thus now that things are in order again it will be simple to return them."
    "In worse situations, well, it depends what Wenomir finds out."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Pixie in the Playground

Karalie

"Well, sort of an elephant. A loxodon. They're elephant-people, so it gets better- I can still cast spells and use magic in it." Although as her magic doesn't require movements or words, I'm not entirely sure why she can't cast spells when she's an otter or something. I need to think about it. "It's not too big, but I imagine it's still growing and will get bigger. It's based on an old elephant lady I met, and she was quite big." But Earl can't remember the dimensions right now. "Ooh, a library? What kind of books are there?" She perks up a lot at the revelation of a library, since she's always a big fan of books.
    Karalie - Library Foyer

"Oh, I read about those! You'll have to show me later. I assumed your animal forms would age with you, to be honest." Karasu smiles and increases her pace, almost pulling Natalie in the direction of the Academy's library. "All types of books, mainly on warfare and martial arts... and magic." She says, making sure to end with something Natalie might find interesting.
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Orc in the Playground

Karalie- Library Foyer

"I kinda hope not, or at least not the same way. Robins rarely reach twenty." I think the eldest on record reached nineteen. "And they're all adults already, and I'm not. Well, most of them. Loxodon's an obvious exception." So's slothgirl, but she never uses that one because it's useless. "They all sound quite interesting, Karasu. Wonder if there's any on conjuration I can use. And if I'd be allowed to borrow them." She might need to be a member first, or be unable to find any of a high enough level to be useful.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    VIGIL Entrance

Blanche nods. "Probably smarter." It's not like she can transform into a multi-hundred pound armored tank in a matter of seconds, after all. "We can definitely hire a boat, but it could be expensive, and I don't think this is something we're supposed to be charging VIGIL for anyways. Course, I'm not the one being ridden for however long we need to go," she adds with a shrug.
    VIGIL Entrance

"I mean, I could pay for it myself but I'm saving up and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't cost all that much. Hiring a magic goblin boat for a day didn't appear to be that expensive." Anika remarks thoughtfully. "I mean, we'll cover for any extra expenses of course. But if we do secure that moon well the world will be a safer place for sure." She nods to herself, seemingly making a decision. "So let's head to see the goblin boats. Come on. She gestures for Blanche to follow.

12. - Top - End - #1062

VIGIL Entrance

Blanche tilts her head slightly. "I'm not sure how well Wenomir or Cessie would agree with that, but I'll follow your lead here. However, these moonwells do sound really magically potent and thus strategically valuable, like a quarry or oil field, and the demons will surely know that after the whole thing with your sister. We're simply taking the initiative and verifying that they haven't attempted to exploit one." She smirks, following Anika.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

13. - Top - End - #1063

VIGIL Entrance

"Yeah, exactly like that!" Anika knew that oil was black, sticky and great for starting fires and/or explosions but not much else.
    "So let's go and get that oil- er, moon well. If we're lucky, this will basically be a vaccation." Anika slows down a bit and gives Blanche a friendly pat on the shoulder.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

[Important Meeting]

"Alright." Reinholdt rubs his head. "Alright." They were clearly working on it and may have been for a while and just got a break recently. If there were nefarious intentions involved, everyone would have known by now. Things were probably fine.

"If anything, I think this highlights the value of putting the souls to rest for good. So something like this can't happen again. I was undecided before but I don't think I am now." Even though all the effort Rein put into making the mausoleum secure would be somewhat of a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #1065

[Casualy wandering around?]

The floating island is floating on it's own, but some things happen to be running by the system, like the anti air turrets. You kind of need those with a flying island. Just in case something attacks. So who should keep an eye on some of those machines ? Maybe a priest of a machine god? Sounds resonable. So Mia is walking around the paths again. Behind her floats a big box filled with replacements and broken parts from some of the machines she just maintained. There is so much work to do.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #1066

[Important Meeting]

Use your own judgement, Arlem. I don't think he's even interested in all the details though. Just try to focus on what you've found out.

Once again she looks to Wenomir and Arlem. "I think Rein would like to know how soon you can find this information out, Wenomir. I understand it's a sensetive issue for both parties but I think we all want to, well, put it to rest."

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Pixie in the Playground

"I kinda hope not, or at least not the same way. Robins rarely reach twenty." I think the eldest on record reached nineteen. "And they're all adults already, and I'm not. Well, most of them. Loxodon's an obvious exception." So's slothgirl, but she never uses that one because it's useless. "They all sound quite interesting, Karasu. Wonder if there's any on conjuration I can use. And if I'd be allowed to borrow them." She might need to be a member first, or be unable to find any of a high enough level to be useful.
    Karalie- Library

"Well, then maybe when you're old and gray, your forms will still look youngish. Loxodon and slothgirl are probably different because they're still growing and aren't adult yet, like you." Karasu muses. "Trust your Kari to have made enquiries. It's okay, we can look at books. Borrowing them's another matter, though, but there's definitely conjuration material on there."

When they get to the library, Karasu begins to skip as she walks, she likes books so much, one thing she has in common with her girlfriend. "I've spent quite a bit of time here. I spent all evening last night reading about birds. Oh, here's one." She pulls out a book from the conjuration section and hands it to her girlfriend. "This one should help with conjuration distance. Principles in the book helped me extend my shadows further."

Just then, her elbows brush against the rucksack she's carrying. "I should've bought you a new rucksack for Valentine's." She remarks.
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Orc in the Playground

Karalie- Library

"I hope so. Might change if I spend a lot of time in one shape more than human." If she starts living as a robin to avoid the pain of elderly-her's arthritis, for example. Her eyes light up when she accepts the book on distances in magic. It'll likely be some help, though before she dives in Karasu says something that makes her look up and frown. "My father gave me that bag, Kari. I'm... glad you didn't." She's not got much to remember her father by, and this rucksack- battered and old as it is- is important to her for that reason. He feels close when she uses it.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

[Important Meeting]

I'm going to be fine, Arlem. We've already begun to work things out.

Out loud, Wenomir says:

"I admit I'm about ready for those souls to finally stop being a concern. I can contact Cassandra as soon as this meeting is finished, assuming we all agree on a course of action. How do you and your team of mages plan to put them to rest, exactly?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-20 at 06:11 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

[Library - Elves and a Monk]

"Heroes wouldn't be heroes without people writing and singing about them." Anika points out and then gestures around the base. "Few, if any, know most of the people around here in VIGIL. It's just the commanders that have true hero-statues I'd argue. The rest are just members you know? Like me for instance." She points at Rain. "So if you wanna stick to the sidelines, that's great since what we need isn't really heroes, it's hero-makers. You know, people that sing and write about the deeds of others so they reach actual hero-status."
    [Library - Elves and a Monk]

"You may not think of yourself as a hero, but you seem rather impressive to me," says Rain, earnestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wenomir's House]

"Seems like we're in a somewhat similar situation... oh. This seems to be about done, so I'll go get the door."

And he goes to do just that, leaving the oatmeal to cool down a little.
    Cass nods slightly, taking up an aloof study of a corner of the room as Wenomir walks off and she waits.

At the door is Kalya, already dressed in a formal jacket and long skirt, with a narrow stole placed precisely around her shoulders, and a folder full of no doubt perfectly arranged documents tucked underneath her arm.
    Despite her customarily impeccable appearance, she seems to be rather distracted, not really seeming to notice Wenomir or even be looking at him at all.
    "Good morning Commander. I'm sorry to bother you, and I know we don't have our meeting until later, but I wanted to see you about a suspected breach in our defenses."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Oh, Riddle. This is... awkward. Very awkward.

"Uh, yes. I'm aware of the intrusion. It turns out it was someone's idea of speaking to me in private. I handled the situation," he says, summoning all his authority and stoicism to make it sound normal and expected.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Important Meeting]

Okay, Wenomir is definitely not fine. Well, not in this situation, anyway. But what can she do about it now?

Arlem just nods.
    "You're quite right, Reinholdt. But I imagine there are different risks involved there?"
    If they even have any plan for putting the souls to rest.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

"O-Oh, that's good to hea-" Kalya trails off as looks at Wenomir, noticing suddenly the very prominent cluster of hickeys on his neck. "I-I I see, I mean-" she shuffles her feet awkwardly, clearing her throat.

"It's a relief, Commander." She says, pulling a bit of her crisp, business-like manner back into her voice. "I um... I'll find you again at the normal time. For the report."

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

"Certainly. Thank you for your diligence, Kalya," Wenomir says in a professional and calm tone of voice. See, everything is sorted. Even if, on the inside, he moderately wishes for the earth to open and swallow him whole. Except the proper earth is far below him, so maybe a lightning bolt from the sky? If Perun could and would do that, it would have happened several blasphemies ago, he supposes. The gods really are dead, it seems.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-24 at 05:12 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Kalya nods, and departs, hurriedly marching back down the path with her head ducked.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Wenomir sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose. The meeting today is going to be... painful to get through.

"Well, this was incredibly awkward," he says, returning to the kitchen. "Our head librarian came to inform me about a security breach during the night. I explained that I had handled things, but she must have realized what really happened."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-24 at 01:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Cass looks sheepish.
    "Sorry. If your head librarian is the one who cast your security webs, they weren't easy to get past. You can tell her I'm sorry for the headache she woke up with," she says, guiltily. "I'll uh... I'll take the front door next time. Well, not that you guys have a front door anymore."

Cass looks thoughtful.
    "This place has gotten very different from the Vigil I remember."

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

"Those wards were hers, yes." Wenomir nods. "Next time you can take a shuttle. As for this place... it is different. After I destroyed our old home, we had to rebuild as best we could. I think we did pretty well in the end."

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

"I remember finding your sword," she says. "That was just after I was..."
    She trails off, eyeing Wenomir. "Born" was the word that she was going to say next, but... did Wenomir really believe her when she said she considered herself a different person? For that matter, did she believe it herself? Those memories... hazy at times, with gaps in them, as if they belonged to a dream... and yet here she was, with another woman's lover, acting out the consequences of those dream memories.
    "I'd like to take a look around. If it's no issue for you. Commander"

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Wenomir leans over the table, thinking about it. His first instinct is to say "not a problem". But... it's not quite that simple. Whatever this is, it's not what he used to have. Cassandra isn't quite Kr. If nothing else, she's with MERC and not Vigil.

"I can tell the security you're a visitor, so you can visit the places open for such. Some sections of the library and observatory are free to visit."