New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Moon Well Grove

"Right, so we just... shot all the snakes until they're dead then, right? Then, once they're dead, I do the ritual." A beat. "Maybe I could gather some new branches after we killed the snakes." The druid looks thoughtful for a moment, but then shrugs.
    "Whatever, let's see how much time its left after we exterminate those bastards." Taking the lead, Anika is already ascending the spiral path carved out of the petrified tree which leads up to the moon well.
    If Blanche comes along, she will eventually see the source of the problem. The well is filled with water, as one might expect a well to be, but that water is filled with snakes of various species and sizes. There must be hundreds of them either swimming around in the water or laying on the stones of the well and lazing about.

"Elune's tits, just look at them, freaking freeloaders." Anika places the branches she's been carrying in a pile and punches her fist into her palm. "Let's show em' what we got."
    "...holy [gentle caress] that's a lot of snakes." Very astute, Blanche. "Alright, we're definitely going to be using the shotguns then. The spread will definitely make things go quicker for us." Setting down the bag and the two shotguns under her arm, the catgirl kneels down and removes one of the cardboard containers within, along with a bandolier. She flips the box open, allowing Anika to see the ruddy cylindrical shells within, and begins slotting them into the bandolier. Her motions betray it as a highly practiced task, almost moving on muscle memory alone. Once the process is done, she stuffs the rest of the shells into the pockets of her jacket, before offering the bandolier and one of the shotguns to Anika, along with a pair of earplugs.

"Alright, lemme give you a crash course on how to use one of these." She states, standing to her feet and resting the shotgun in her hands. She cradles it in her left before slotting one of the shells into the breach. "Push the shells into the slot on the bottom until it's full, and load one into the chamber by pumping the grip on the bottom where it rests in your hand," she instructs, going through the motions to demonstrate. "After you shoot, you're going to have to pump it again so it ejects the spent casing and chambers the next round. You'll eject the actual round if you don't shoot it first."

Once the instruction is complete, Blanche will wait for Anika to indicate that she's ready, before turning towards the pond and firing a couple shots at the ones in the well.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-05-30 at 10:49 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #722

[Skybase Academy - Library back corner]

All this studying and book-carrying is making her feel too warm, so Awen takes off her veil and headscarf to let her slithering hair stop overheating and so she can see the books better without having to look through some translucent fabric.
    Nobody's here, anyway, so it's fine. Her messy hair-and-snakes and eyes won't bother anyone if there's nobody around.

She puts one of the books about gods back and another book about interpretation and reality of dreams, and then her hair extends up to a higher shelf and grabs a related book about fae. They've cropped up several times so far in the other books about gods, dreams, pacts, magic, monsters, mythology ... and just maybe if she reads enough related info then she'll run into something helpful.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-05-29 at 12:21 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

[Library - Elves and a Monk]

"A dragon monk and magic punches aren't inaccurate ways of describing me." Calm Reed can't help but be a little amused. "Is Vigil going to have an artist performing songs about our deeds? This seems appropriate, but I do ask you for restraint in depicting me. We monks are expected to shun vanity and adulation."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #724

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    "...holy [gentle caress] that's a lot of snakes." Very astute, Blanche. "Alright, we're definitely going to be using the shotguns then. The spread will definitely make things go quicker for us." Setting down the bag and the two shotguns under her arm, the catgirl kneels down and removes one of the cardboard containers within, along with a bandolier. She flips the box open, allowing Anika to see the ruddy cylindrical shells within, and begins slotting them into the bandolier. Her motions betray it as a highly practiced task, almost moving on muscle memory alone. Once the process is done, she stuffs the rest of the shells into the pockets of her jacket, before offering the bandolier and one of the shotguns to Anika, along with a pair of earplugs.

"Alright, lemme give you a crash course on how to use one of these." She states, standing to her feet and resting the shotgun in her hands. She cradles it in her left before slotting one of the shells into the breach. "Push the shells into the slot on the bottom until it's full, and load one into the chamber by pumping the grip on the bottom where it rests in your hand," she instructs, going through the motions to demonstrate. "After you shoot, you're going to have to pump it again so it ejects the spent casing and chambers the next round. You'll eject the actual round if you don't shoot it first."

Once the instruction is complete, Blanche will wait for Anika to indicate that she's ready, before turning towards the pond and firing a couple shots at the ones in the well.
    Moon Well Grove

Anika makes sure to put in the earplugs first of course.

"Huh?!" The druid looks between Blanche and the shot-gun. "Okay! I think I get it!" She shouts back. "Let's lock and load!" Whatever that means, Anika had no idea but she assumed it was gun-related.

Then it begins the moment Blanche takes the first shot.

At first the snakes barely seem to notice even as Blanche probably just killed several off them with the first blasts while Anika is still struggling with her shotgun. But then they all suddenly stop what they are doing and all turn to look at Blanche and Anika in unison.
    Blanche can feel their unblinking gazes fixate on her, quickly turning from simple awareness into cold hate as they see the merciless butcher of their kind.

"Ahaa!" Anika moves forward and fires a salve straight into the mass of snakes, but as she isn't used the the recoil it looks like she might have hurt her side when she fired it off.
    The snakes have little sympathy as they all start to crawl towards them. Better think fast.

5. - Top - End - #725

Moon Well Grove

Anika makes sure to put in the earplugs first of course.

"Huh?!" The druid looks between Blanche and the shot-gun. "Okay! I think I get it!" She shouts back. "Let's lock and load!" Whatever that means, Anika had no idea but she assumed it was gun-related.

Then it begins the moment Blanche takes the first shot.

At first the snakes barely seem to notice even as Blanche probably just killed several off them with the first blasts while Anika is still struggling with her shotgun. But then they all suddenly stop what they are doing and all turn to look at Blanche and Anika in unison.
    Blanche can feel their unblinking gazes fixate on her, quickly turning from simple awareness into cold hate as they see the merciless butcher of their kind.

"Ahaa!" Anika moves forward and fires a salve straight into the mass of snakes, but as she isn't used the the recoil it looks like she might have hurt her side when she fired it off.
    The snakes have little sympathy as they all start to crawl towards them. Better think fast.
    Moon Well Grove

Honestly, Blanche had expected something lighthearted when she agreed to this. Make a few jokes, scare a few snakes off into the metaphorical brush, try to stop being so closeted and anti-social and hang out with Anika for a little... but when the snakes moves as one, the gravity of the situation changes, dashing those expectations.

Something in Blanche's eyes changes as she shifts back into that soldier's mindset, a deadly calm returning to her form. But this time, there's a little tinge of anger. Firing a couple more shots at the serpents nearing the duo, the woman takes a step backwards, briefly reaching out and tugging on Anika's arm to urge her to do the same. " Stay behind me. They get too close, we're going down the stairs." she barks, raising her volume so that Anika can hopefully hear her this time.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #726

Moon Well Grove

As Blanche suddenly takes charge, she can feel a odd tingling sensation in the air which cause her hair to stand and her tail and ears to twitch. She won't quite be able to put her finger on how, but she can tell that there is something beyond her normal senses here. Something in the air around them that is now pitting itself against her like electricity in the air.

Anika quickly steps backwards as Blanche tugs her clothes, but the moment she touches them, there is a light electrical discharge. Like if they just had gotten out from a dryer.

The druid, despite how badly her first shot went, still fires again into the swarm before she retreats and the electricity in the air, or however she would describe it, seem only to increase.

Poorly aimed as it was, the shot still kills at least one snake and injures a couple of others which seem to have directly lead to the tension getting even more intense and it seems to be centered around her and Anika.

Friction.
    She doesn't know why the word would appear in her mind, but there seems to be some kind of force here in the air that is driving the swarm against them and their actions is causing friction against it. Like as if two opposite wills were grinding against one another.

Staring at the swarm, she can see it almost come to a complete halt for a moment as Anika shots, just before continuing to move forward once again. Immediately followed by that pressure she felt a moment ago returning, like a wall of air pressing against her. Though just like air, she seems to be able to simply wave it away as it disappears the moment she puts her mind into it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-05-31 at 03:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Barbarian in the Playground

Training Grounds - Enter the Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Training Grounds - Enter the Dragon]

"We are always at war with the Lunar Anathema and their barbarians. They've tried to assassinate the Empress before. Maybe they finally succeeded." Calm Reed talks as she steps around St. Laz and observes her form with the tetsubo. "Or maybe it was one of the Solar Anathema. Hard to say. Theories abound, with some saying she's transubstantiated and left the throne for her children, others that she and the Dynasty have lost the Dragons' favor. We had to banish one of the monks from our monastery for insisting on the second one." She pauses. "Your strength certainly serves you well with this weapon. The trick is to learn proper application of force. Anyone can batter an enemy down, but a true Earth Dragon stylist strikes at the right place and time to leave them reeling. That's hard to teach with dummies, of course."
    'We've always been at war with Eastasia.' is the first intrusive thought that passes through Saint Lazarus's mind, the 1984 quote stomping right into her head without a care in the world for all the other thoughts and ideas it winds up toppling along the way. Saint Lazarus holds a lot of respect for Calm Reed, but maybe some of that is misplaced? What if Calm Reed is from the evil nation of evil? Her feudalistic homeland's monasteries apparently banish people for stuff, it has an empress whose divine right to rule comes from dragons, and it considers their adversaries a bunch of barbarians. Calm Reed herself seems like a nice, okay person, but what if she's from some kind of horrible land of imperialistic butchers, and thinks a lot of things are totally okay which people from around here would consider unspeakably evil?

"So what have her children been doing about it in the meantime?" Saint Lazarus asks, as if she didn't already know. What do noble children always do when their parent is out of the picture and there's no clear line of succession to prevent them from squabbling and killing each other like Game of Thrones characters?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #728

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [Lower Village - Alice's House]

"Alright." Alice says with a nod, although she does watch Mia carefully. She knows it's unreasonable to worry, since Mia is an expert with machines of all sorts, but she's still nervous.
    The drone's main internals are the cameras and sensors (which do have too much cabling), the computer chip that serves as it's 'brain', a relatively big shield generator, the heavy slab of its existing battery, and a tiny workshop for making microscopic little machines (which isn't hooked up correctly yet). Not to mention the propellers that (are supposed to) move it around.

She shivers at the description of the power cores. "No wonder. Something so dangerous..."

"What makes a power cell 'advanced', hmm, and not just bigger?"

"'Advanced' once have the same size as normal batterys, but they got more capacity while having more weight. They are good for very small units or those where weight isn't a critical factor like emergency power for buildings." Then she turns to the drohne.
    "This way this doesn't work, thought why did you install it? Are they like repair robots?" she points at the workshop after she fixed the other stuff.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #729
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed sighs.

"What all children do when they see something shiny and the parents are away. Dragon-Blooded aren't entirely above that. They set up a council, made a tractable imbecile a regent, withdrew the legions to the mainland and started crushing the peasantry with taxes. I had to duel a distant cousin of mine after her subjects had implored the Order for help. All in preparation to take the throne or just... grab what they can."

[Dragons Arriving]

At another time, the monk comes back with another Terrestrial Exalt, looking rather pleased with herself.

"Here we are. Imagine my surprise when I saw a whole fleet of airships here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragons Arriving]

"I have to admit, I'm impressed with that," Halae says, looking back the way they came. She'd been unsteady and looking a little sick on the airship, though she did an admirable job of keeping her composure in spite of that, "and they just... have those lying around for whenever someone needs them?"
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragons Arriving]

"So it would seem." Calm Reed nods. "From what I've been told, their old stronghold was destroyed by one of their leaders to keep it from invaders' hands, and they appropriated a flying island for a new one."

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragons Arriving]

"Well, far be it from me to disparage ingenuity. I imagine things are much more defensible now," Halae says, "I wonder if their new manse has a hearthstone."
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-06-03 at 04:58 AM.

13. - Top - End - #733

[Dragon's Arriving]

There's a... creature... tending to the topiary.

Mainly in the form of precisely nibbling branches off bushes. She seems to be working mostly around the main points of entry for the base, no doubt to carry out her mission of screening for evil pod-people.

The creature looks... alien. Maybe a deer or a dragon would be the most reasonable thing to compare it to, but those are, perhaps, simply the things which are least dissimilar to her. She has wings, or something like them. Two at her shoulders, two at her hips, and two flanking her head like ears. Things like eyes dot her body, pits of void ringed by stellar white, like the accretion disk of a dead star. She's covered in something akin to scales, deep indigo plates above, swirling with golden flecks like drifting stars. Black below, triangular and interlocking. They expand and contract with each breath, searing light bleeding between them. The creature is roughly the size of a leopard, leggy and bearing cloven hooves.

As soon as she spots the monks, she flashes a toothy smile.

"Hi Miss Calm Reed! Ooh, did you find a new friend? Hi Miss Calm Reed's new friend! I love your armor it's so pretty!" the creature enthuses. Her voice suggests a young human girl and doesn't fit her appearance at all. "Your new friend isn't an evil pod-person, Miss Calm Reed. In case you weren't sure."

See?

Doing her job.

"I'm Lapis Lazuli! Are you here to join VIGIL and help save the world?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon's Arriving]

"I know she's not a skinwalker. But thank you for your diligence, Lapis," Calm Reed says. Odd little creature, but she performs her purpose with pride, as everyone should. "This is Nellens Halae. She's a Dragon-Blooded, like me, and she agreed to come join Vigil."

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragons Arriving]

Halae stares at Lapis for a moment, before just sighing, "Yes. She gave me the responsibility talk and I didn't have a decent rebuttal."

16. - Top - End - #736

[Dragon's Arriving]

"You're welcome! Being useful is great!" Lapis cheers.

She takes a few more snips off the shrub and will begin pronking along beside them, falling now and again into a prancing side-step or hopping away to devour a stray weed. It's like watching a playful faun. Except it's some kind of unearthly, eldritch dragon.

"Hi Miss Nellens Halae! Responsibility is really good, what would you need to rebutt it for?"

That seems like a weird idea to her.

Why wouldn't you want to tend to your responsibilities?

Things have purposes and tending to those purposes is cool.

"Can you do martial arts stuff like Miss Calm Reed?" the seraph asks curiously. "Pow! Watchow!" she adds, rearing up on her hind legs and kicking her front hooves a few times.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2019-06-03 at 02:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon's Arriving]

"I believe Halae is more about swordsmanship," Calm Reed says. "I haven't seen her in action, however. I imagine she'll have to be tested, as all new Vigil recruits."

18. - Top - End - #738
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragons Arriving]

Halae is somewhat unnerved by the strange thing following along beside them, but at least she's friendly, right? No reason to be rude.

"Indeed. I never learned any formal martial arts - just basic sword strikes and my instructors teaching me how to not make mistakes."

No explanation is offered for rebuttals to responsibility.
    Last edited by Halae; 2019-06-03 at 03:06 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739

[Dragons Arriving]

"Swords are cool, too!" Lapis replies with ahead-bob, hopping a few steps forward on her hind legs before dropping to all fours again. "I tried using a sword once because Mister Wenomir uses one and he's so cool but it's super-hard to use swords when you don't have hands."

She has paws (sort of) at the wrist joints of her wings. But they aren't in a particularly great position for swording. She wiggles her little fingers anyway and swings the limbs around, making wooshing noises.

"I guess they never had me do any fighty stuff to test me after mom made me since I guess my job isn't really fighting?" she muses aloud. "I think I would be pretty good at it, though! I've got lots of pointy bits and no one ever expects getting bit from sideways in time."

Sideways in time.

What does that even mean?

"Oh! Oooooh! Maybe we could spar for the testy thing, Miss Nellens Halae! That would be so keen!"

20. - Top - End - #740

[Skybase - Academy indoor Training Facilities]

Awen gets thrown against the indoor facilities' wall. A few of her bones crack, and then she falls to the ground.
    As she tries to get back up, she remembers how she got to this point and what went wrong:

---

While trying to get to the root of her powers in the library, she had found a couple books about fairies. She had read how summoning or making deals with some could lead to an increase in power. So she left towards the training facilities, and...well, what happened next could be kind-of expected. Due to the source of her powers being different than those of the writer of the book, her summoning was hijacked by a different being than the friendlier and cuter kind she was expecting.

and that's about it. Yes, pretty expected. If only she had consulted someone beforehand.

---

The thing that hit her stands on two legs, but hunched over as if it would probably work better on four. A toxic green mist pours out of its back, and sticking out of its neck are three very humanlike skulls, dyed black from who-knows-what. Its own face is white and bony, with horns twisting sideways out of it, and wrapped in dried thorns. It has spindley limbs and long rays of darkness spread all over the room, originating from its back. On its hands there are disproportionately long fingers with barbs along them. Luckily, they had only glanced off Awen's skin that time, so she was thrown back instead of torn open.

The thing starts charging at her again as she lay on the floor, but Awen's hair suddenly lengthens across the floor and pulls her out of the way. It crashes into the wall. This gives her enough time to force herself up and off the ground again.

Since she brought that thing here, she should probably get rid of it, too. The witch starts off with her standard method of attack: suffocating it. As she backs up to give herself more space, she stabs her palm with her fingernail and lets the blood drip down, creating a connection with it. She exhales all her breath, and as she does this the air around the beast becomes a vacuum.

...it doesn't seem to hamper the thing yet. Having just figured out where the witch ran off to while it charged, it turns towards her again.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-06-03 at 07:07 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #741

Moon Well Grove

As Blanche suddenly takes charge, she can feel a odd tingling sensation in the air which cause her hair to stand and her tail and ears to twitch. She won't quite be able to put her finger on how, but she can tell that there is something beyond her normal senses here. Something in the air around them that is now pitting itself against her like electricity in the air.

Anika quickly steps backwards as Blanche tugs her clothes, but the moment she touches them, there is a light electrical discharge. Like if they just had gotten out from a dryer.

The druid, despite how badly her first shot went, still fires again into the swarm before she retreats and the electricity in the air, or however she would describe it, seem only to increase.

Poorly aimed as it was, the shot still kills at least one snake and injures a couple of others which seem to have directly lead to the tension getting even more intense and it seems to be centered around her and Anika.

Friction.
    She doesn't know why the word would appear in her mind, but there seems to be some kind of force here in the air that is driving the swarm against them and their actions is causing friction against it. Like as if two opposite wills were grinding against one another.

Staring at the swarm, she can see it almost come to a complete halt for a moment as Anika shots, just before continuing to move forward once again. Immediately followed by that pressure she felt a moment ago returning, like a wall of air pressing against her. Though just like air, she seems to be able to simply wave it away as it disappears the moment she puts her mind into it.
    Moon Well Grove

Anika wasn't kidding, there was definitely something wrong with this place. Blanche could sense it as the air seemed to loom and crackle around her, forcing upon her a claustrophobic weight as her hair stands on end. The latter isn't just the static's doing; Blanche is woefully unused to this sort of supernatural tension. It manages to jolt her nerves and set the soldier on edge, cracking that deadly calm as muscles tense and her fur bristles like a cornered beast. She fires into the head of the swarm before slamming the forestock back and blasting again, some of that anxiety creeping into her actions as she forces the pressure back and sucks in a breath to steady her nerves.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #742
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragons Arriving]

Calm Reed can't help but smile a little in amusement.

"I think it might be better if Halae fights a more human-sized or larger opponent for her first test. Perhaps I could serve if one of the senior members doesn't have anything better in mind."

23. - Top - End - #743

Training Grounds - Enter the Dragon

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Calm Reed sighs.

"What all children do when they see something shiny and the parents are away. Dragon-Blooded aren't entirely above that. They set up a council, made a tractable imbecile a regent, withdrew the legions to the mainland and started crushing the peasantry with taxes. I had to duel a distant cousin of mine after her subjects had implored the Order for help. All in preparation to take the throne or just... grab what they can."

Okay, so Calm Reed isn't a much worse person than Saint Lazarus thought, phew. She's definitely got a sort of way of thinking about things that a monk raised in a theocratic empire would, certainly, but nothing that can't be scrubbed away with an open mind and a plethora of wild and exotic experiences within the Nexus. Heck, maybe she'll even meet one of those Lunar barbarians and find out they're really not that terrible some day.

...Or maybe they are that terrible, and Saint Lazarus will be recruited to help fend off degenerate demigod warriors who have something to do with the moon. Werewolf Exalted, maybe? Imagine that, an unholy warrior with Calm Reed's level of power, but with giant monster claws and a terrible glass-shattering howl. That'd be pretty terrifying, wouldn't it?

"So what have the Lunars and other outside threats been doing while the Empire is busy punching itself in the face?" Saint Laz asks bluntly, as her next swing of the tetsubo puts a permanent dent in the training dummy's head.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

24. - Top - End - #744

Moon Well Grove

As her anxiety grows stronger the pressure around her seems to grow stronger as well but her actions seem to weaken it again as more of the snakes are hit by the slugs.
    Anika doesn't appear to feel it as strongly as Blanche does and fires off her shot gun as well, though she isn't dealing nearly as much damage as she somehow only manages to hit a single snake.
    "Aw, come on!"

Yet for some reason the majority of the snakes have stopped their advance on them. But the few who does suddenly slithers forward at much greater speed, a number of smaller snakes that judging by their coloration likely are poisonous.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Lower Village - Alice's House]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "'Advanced' once have the same size as normal batterys, but they got more capacity while having more weight. They are good for very small units or those where weight isn't a critical factor like emergency power for buildings." Then she turns to the drohne.
    "This way this doesn't work, thought why did you install it? Are they like repair robots?" she points at the workshop after she fixed the other stuff.
    "It must use a pretty different storage mechanism then."
    Alice leans over the machines.
    "It's so they can repair themselves, mostly. It might be more trouble - or more weight - than it's worth, but I feel like I should keep them in as good condition as I can."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #746

[Skybase - Academy indoor Training Facilities]

In anticipation of needing to dodge, Awen's hair spreads across the room, finding anywhere to hold on to. When the beast charges again, she uses the same trick to pull herself out of the way.

Unfortunately, having seen this trick before, that thing needs less time to follow what happened, giving Awen less time to prepare. Luckily, she was already standing this time and so needed less time. Upon recognizing that she'll run out of breath before this thing does, the witch gives up on that plan and moves on to her next: she traces the blood from her hand up her arm, in spiral patterns. and reaches down. In addition, her hair spreads out once again in preparation to pull her out of the way.

...This happens at the same time as the thing starts charging again. In anticipation of her dodge, it curves its charge. Fortunately, this time it trips and rather than slashing Awen with its spindly claws, it merely smashes her with its horns. What happened to cause this: As Awen had thrust down her arm, the beast's shadow reached off the ground and grabbed the thing's legs with its shadowy claws.

This thing completely outclasses her.
    She needs to come up with a way to imprison it, or unsummon it, or...whatever. To give herself more time to think, she continues the next stage of the spell she had just used, by tracing her fingernails up the spiral smears on her arm, squeezing with her bleeding hand like she's trying to grab on to something invisible, and then quickly yanking upwards, as if she just tore out some unseen object from the ground.

The beast's shadow now climbs off the ground, forming a copy spilling off shadows instead of green mist. It lunges mouth-first at the original beast, hungry for the life essence of the thing that cast it.
    They start fighting.

This gives the witch some time to catch her breath, nurse her wounds, and think. Since it appears the summoning was botched, would unsummoning it even work? If it did, how would she do it?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #747

Default Re: [Lower Village - Alice's House]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "It must use a pretty different storage mechanism then."
    Alice leans over the machines.
    "It's so they can repair themselves, mostly. It might be more trouble - or more weight - than it's worth, but I feel like I should keep them in as good condition as I can."

"On this scale it's more cost then it is worth." Mia replies. "Especially when you already got problems with energy. I would suggest you remove that from your drohnes and either makes astation here so they can be treated or you make your own device with them to carry around. This way you will have less, but it will benefit all the drones."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragons Arriving]

"Do you have anybody in mind who'd best fit my skill level, Calm Reed?" Halae asks. The Monk clearly knows enough about Vigil to be a better judge than she is.

29. - Top - End - #749

[Dragons Arriving]

"Aaww..." Lapis mumbles, her ears drooping when her fantastic idea is rejected.

She'll continue following the dragonblooded, but her pace has slowed considerably and she isn't bouncing nearly as much.

Her sulk doesn't last very long, though.

Not long at all.

Mostly because she just noticed a large June beetle flying around and she's taken to chasing it. The insect does a pretty reasonable job of evading her despite how ungainly its flight is, but eventually she manages to catch it.

Resulting in the beetle clinging tenaciously to the end of her nose.

"Ah! It's feet are prickly! I don't love it!" Lapis laments, shaking her head around in a vain attempt to dislodge the insect.

30. - Top - End - #750

Moon Well Grove

As her anxiety grows stronger the pressure around her seems to grow stronger as well but her actions seem to weaken it again as more of the snakes are hit by the slugs.
    Anika doesn't appear to feel it as strongly as Blanche does and fires off her shot gun as well, though she isn't dealing nearly as much damage as she somehow only manages to hit a single snake.
    "Aw, come on!"

Yet for some reason the majority of the snakes have stopped their advance on them. But the few who does suddenly slithers forward at much greater speed, a number of smaller snakes that judging by their coloration likely are poisonous.
    Moon Well Grove

Blanche recognizes the venomous suggestion that those colors convey and takes another step back. She takes a second to slip a number of shells into the shotgun's breach, barking an order to Anika as she does so.
    "Focus on those ones, use your sights!" She reminds, before firing three shots into the group. She takes the time between each to readjust from the recoil, expecting Anika to copy her actions.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show