New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Moonwell Grove]

"It's not dirty or bad, so it doesn't need cleansing. My mom made it like this. Anika and those other Vigil people just think it's bad because it has snakes and it's different." There's a small thud and a grunt from by the well. "If it's so bad then why was I born here? Does that make me bad? No, that's stupid. I'm not a monster! Anika's just a big jerk!" The girl's voice rises as she speaks and there are a few more thuds. "Ow! Ugh!"
    "You alright? Did you hurt yourself?" Blanche asks, taking a couple more steps to peer over the edge of the well. "Hey! You're not a monster, whether or not this place is bad or good!" Blanche's tone gets more passionate as Natharia's statement hits a personal nerve. "You don't get born a monster, you don't become one just because you're from a certain place or part of a certain race. The only way you get to be a monster is by acting like one. Screw whatever the hell folks think of this place or how they treat it, it doesn't make you."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moonwell Grove]

Blanche will see Natharia sitting on the ground right net to the well with one of her shoes off. She's rubbing her foot, wincing in pain. Thankfully she put her blindfold back on, because she shoots Blanche a look. "I know I'm not! That's what I said." Natharia makes a sound halfway between a huff and a sigh. "Doesn't change what I said about the well, though."

3. - Top - End - #843

Moonwell Grove

"No, I mean that this well doesn't matter, it's just a place. You shouldn't care what happens to it, because it doesn't make you." She asserts. "Now, do you need someone to check your foot?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moonwell Grove]

"Stop trying to get me to let you do what you want to the well!" Natharia lashes out. She gets to her feet again and looks defiantly down at Blanche. Though she's light on her hurt foot. "I told you, my mom wanted it like this. I'm not letting you anywhere near it."

5. - Top - End - #845

[Moonwell Grove]

Blanche grins in spite of herself. "Damn kid, you're as stubborn as your aunt. I can respect that." She shrugs. "Well, it's clear your mom's the only one who has a chance to change your mind, and I doubt Anika will even consider her help. So I guess you've won."

She starts to leave, before pausing. "Sure you don't need me to look at that? I'm a medic, y'know."
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-06-27 at 03:27 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moonwell Grove]

"I just stubbed my toe." Natharia remains stubborn, even if it hurts. Besides, she can't let her guard down... "...Can you tell my mom I'm here?" She seemed nice enough to ask that at least.

7. - Top - End - #847

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Moonwell Grove]

"I just stubbed my toe." Natharia remains stubborn, even if it hurts. Besides, she can't let her guard down... "...Can you tell my mom I'm here?" She seemed nice enough to ask that at least.
    "Of course." Blanche answers with a nod and a slight smile before departing, heading off first to find Anika.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

8. - Top - End - #848
    Firbolg in the Playground

[New Dragon]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Well done and welcome to Vigil, Nellens Halae," Calm Reed says as she approaches the two again. "I look forward to fighting by your side. And thank you for handling the test, Arlem."
    Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    The swordswoman nods to Calm Reed respectfully. Having sheathed her blade, she takes the pendant and communicator curiously, turning them over in her palms as she looks at them. Very interesting, "Lodging here at the base would probably be better than staying at one of Inside's taverns," Halae admits, "I'm curious to see the workings of the manse, as well."
    The pendant has a silver ornament, shaped into a little tower like the VIGIL logo.
    The communicator, if I recall, is some retrofuturistic technology.

"Of course, Calm Reed." Arlem's wings fold in behind her back and disappear.

"And yes, welcome, Halae, I'm sure you'll be a great help, and oh - does your sword have a name we should know?"

As for the last comment, she has to laugh.
    "It's not like your manses. But you can go down below the surface to see. And I'm sure Mia would be happy to explain it all."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #849

[Moonwell Grove]

Anika is nowhere to be found.

Well, Natharia won't see her at least. But Blanche will eventually catch a glimpse of the same saber that she had been riding in Inside in the bushes, carrying a large sack in its jaws. The saber winks at her and then disappears into the shadows again.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-28 at 01:42 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Geneva's Lab]

Well.

Now that Geneva is laying there with her chin on the floor, she has time to contemplate how she got here.

Where should she start?

Way back when she fiddled with that old MoAS teleporter despite Dawn protesting?

Or would that be too far back?

Maybe the part where she assumed that any problem from the Wasteland would be easy to solve?

She gathers herself to her feet, head crest all poofed up in exasperation at the over-sized insect. Geneva gestures at it with a claw? "Could anypony help me deal with this first before it damages my equipment? Once it's taken care of I'll tell you where Down is."

Hopefully Persimmon doesn't ruin this plan by informing Lucky where Down is.

While she speaks, she keeps half an eye on the radroach.

Doesn't want it scurrying away while she isn't looking.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #851

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Moonwell Grove]

Anika is nowhere to be found.

Well, Natharia won't see her at least but Blanche will eventually caught a glimpse of the same saber that she had been riding in Inside in the bushes carrying a large sack in its jaws. The saber winks at her and then disappears into the shadows again.
    A wink is a very ill-defined mode of communication. It can be taken to mean many things, as more veteran wordsmiths have demonstrated before. Thankfully the context narrows it down quite handily, but there's no assurance that Blanche is correct when she assumes the message to be "I've got a plan, watch this" - and as fun and energetic as she finds the druid, Blanche does not trust her strategic abilities.

So once she spots the saber, Blanche starts walking over to join the big cat, a puzzled look on her face.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #852

[Moonwell Grove]

"Over here." Blanche can hear Anika whisper as she walks into the bushes, but she still can't see her.
    Yet she can still hear her voice, it sounds like its coming from... above.
    "So what did you tell her? I got a sack here if we need it. Just in case." If Blanche does look up she can get a glimpse of the druid sitting on a branch far above her on all four like some kind of wildcat. How she even got up there so fast is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-28 at 02:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #853

Moonwell Grove

It only takes a second for Blanche to spot Anika up above - as if the elf wasn't tall enough, she muses - and quirks her brow briefly. Did she climb up there as that massive cat? She wouldn't have guessed the tree was sturdy enough for that, nor that a saber's claws were designed for that sorta thing.

"Well, I couldn't to convince her to leave, but I don't think she hates our guts quite so much." Definitely more hers than Anika's, but still! She pauses for a second, rubbing the back of her neck. "Look, I don't think we can talk her down and I'm not really comfortable manhandling a child, weird snake-kid or no... maybe we can call it quits and find another way to relax?" The fact that said child is still taller than her may or may not also be a factor.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

14. - Top - End - #854

Moonwell Grove

Anika appears to consider this for a moment as she taps her fingers against the bark of the branch she's sitting on. "What about you take her to Shanti to tell her what's going on? Then I stay here... well, if you don't know, you don't have to lie to her. She's gonna hate me no matter what anyway, my sister will make sure of that." The druid shrugs helplessly.

15. - Top - End - #855

Moonwell Grove

"The kid did ask me to tell Shanti that she's here, actually," Blanche answers. "I did try to convince her to let me bring her to her mom, but she didn't want to leave." She shrugs. "Maybe I can just go and find her, and she'll be able to talk the kid down?" Anika's sorrow is noted, and if she were on the same level then Blanche would probably give her a reassuring pat or something, but for now she has to make do with a reassuring smile before heading off to find Shanti.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-06-29 at 09:33 AM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #856

Moonwell Grove

Anika doesn't seem too thrilled about this idea, but gives Blanche a resigned nod. "Alright... I guess that works. Just be careful around here, 'kay? She was a freaking cultleader for a while, and she convinced me to join one ages ago. Everything she's involved in turns sour."

With those words in mind, Blanche has to walk all the way back to VIGIL alone to find the other druid there.
    Shanti, or Shantariel which Anika mentioned was her full name, can be found moving around the base with a concerned look on her face. She is about the same height as Anika, 7 feet, have the same teal haircolor and even some similar facial features. But her build is less athletic and more rounded, though their greatest difference is their way of dressing. While Anika is dressed in practical clothes of bright red, green and yellow colors Shanti is dressed in a voluminous robe colored dark purple with touches of a several shades darker emerald green.

She does not seem to consider the catgirl to be worth even a moment of her attention as she will simply walk past her unless Blanche makes it clear that they need to talk. "I'm busy. Not right now." Will be first thing she tells the catgirl once she does get her attention. Though the very next moment Blanche will find herself staring right into Shanti's silver-colored eyes, a mirrored opposite of Anika's amber ones. "Unless you have seen Natharia." The druid puts her hand on Blanche's shoulder, giving her a gentle squeeze while smiling in a friendly manner. "Tell me where she is." Now she's suddenly seeming to exude an aura of calm.

[Natharia]

The young gorgon will as she is waiting by the well notice something peculiar. A metal bird lands on top of the giant tree stub the well is located on. While it might look like a normal bird from afar, its in fact made of a black metal and adorned with small faintly glowing symbols. Though the most peculiar is its head as instead of eyes and a beak this bird-construct have several telescope-like features sticking out and through its skull which seem to open and close like eyes react to light as the 'bird' seem to be scanning its surroundings.
    It's many telescope-like eyes finally coming to stare at her. It does not appear to be hostile however, just curious and quite peculiar.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-06-30 at 06:03 AM.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Ogre in the Playground

[Moonwell Grove - Natharia]

The girl had sat down while she waited, but when the bird shows up she perks up. That's not a normal bird at all. She scrambles to her feet and goes on high alert. Several of her snakes focus on the bird while the rest scan all around her.

18. - Top - End - #858

Moonwell Grove

Blanche blinks as Shantariel's demeanor suddenly changes, suppressing the reflex to pull her shoulder away - unwanted physical contact is unnerving, but she doesn't want to start this off by being rude. "Er, your daughter? Uh, yeah, she's at the moonwell and refuses to leave. She asked me to tell you she was there." Hopefully this will be the end of that, and of having to chat with this lady; even without Anika's warnings, she would still find the elf's focus on her to be a source of unease.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #859

The 'bird' continues staring at her and Natharia's snakes will notice that there is yet another bird of the same kind in a nearby tree which also seem to be watching her. They're not making any hostile moves at all, but there is something eerie about them nonetheless the way they're watching her and their surroundings.

[Maneuvering VIGIL]

Shanti raises an eyebrow. "Why is she at the moonwell?" A beat as her eyes suddenly become intently focused at the catgirl. "Why were you at the moonwell, miss...?" Shanti isn't letting go of Blanche's shoulder just yet...

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

"Go away!" Natharia shouts. She doesn't like this at all. Is this some plan to get her away or something? Well she's not let it work!

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Maneuvering VIGIL]

Shanti raises an eyebrow. "Why is she at the moonwell?" A beat as her eyes suddenly become intently focused at the catgirl. "Why were you at the moonwell, miss...?" Shanti isn't letting go of Blanche's shoulder just yet...
    Maneuvering VIGIL

"Blanche," the catgirl fills in, raising a hand to grab Shanti's wrist and remove the hand on her shoulder. The hold was getting awkward as well as uncomfortable. "Your sister asked me to help cleanse the place, but your daughter decided to stop us by camping out at the moonwell." There didn't seem much reason to lie, especially since Natharia would tell her that anyways.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

[Village Walk]

Flying in is Reinholdt. Last time he was here, he didn't really get a chance to talk to anyone because there was an all-hands on deck situation blaring out through the sirens shortly after his arrival. Riverside and all that. This time, when he arrives, he waits two minutes to see if something similar happens. When it doesn't, he starts wandering around looking for someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    [New Dragon]

The pendant has a silver ornament, shaped into a little tower like the VIGIL logo.
    The communicator, if I recall, is some retrofuturistic technology.

"Of course, Calm Reed." Arlem's wings fold in behind her back and disappear.

"And yes, welcome, Halae, I'm sure you'll be a great help, and oh - does your sword have a name we should know?"

As for the last comment, she has to laugh.
    "It's not like your manses. But you can go down below the surface to see. And I'm sure Mia would be happy to explain it all."
    [New Dragon]

Halae will slip the pendant on and then put it under her armor, "My sword is Burning Mirror. My armor is Stalwart Obelisk," she says simply, indicating both in turn. the blade is red jade with a soulsteel core, while the armor is a reddish white jade breastplate, with the underarmor being made from some unknown kind of leather. Both of are artifact quality, and attuned directly to Halae's essence; people with the ability to see magic would likely see them as miniature suns, burning with fiery power.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Titan in the Playground

[New Dragon]

"Fine pieces both," Calm Reed observes. "I haven't been able to glean how this island works, either. The accommodations are quite comfortable, enough that I have to avoid using them too much," she adds with slight amusement.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-07-01 at 07:10 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [New Dragon]

Quote Originally Posted by Halae View Post
    Halae will slip the pendant on and then put it under her armor, "My sword is Burning Mirror. My armor is Stalwart Obelisk," she says simply, indicating both in turn. the blade is red jade with a soulsteel core, while the armor is a reddish white jade breastplate, with the underarmor being made from some unknown kind of leather. Both of are artifact quality, and attuned directly to Halae's essence; people with the ability to see magic would likely see them as miniature suns, burning with fiery power.
    Arlem bows, wings outstretched. "An honor to meet you all." Some people might notice the soulsteel and be horrified, but she's not one of them.

Once she's upright again, she draws her dagger by the chain on its end, and holds it flat in her hands for a few moments. "And I would be neglectful if I did not also introduce the Lady Dorothy."

"Now, come on and let's head up. And I'm sure, Calm Reed, that we could find a suitably uncomfortable bunk even for someone like yourself."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

[New Dragon]

Halae blinks a moment, confused, though she follows Arlem, "Oh! You mean the souls in the soulsteel?" The fire aspect shakes her head, "It's not sapient, or even sentient. It's not made out of human or animal souls. The soulsteel was mined from the underworld, on a spot where the blood of the Gods' enemies was spilled and formed into it; as a result, it doesn't follow the being of any particular soul or another."

Oh, it's just the dying gasp of some primordial superbeing. A metal made from the terror of the betrayed as their very essence was cleaved from their body.

No big deal.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

[New Dragon]

"A soulsteel weapon?" Calm Reed actually sounds surprised, forgetting to respond to the bunk comment. "I have heard of them, but never seen a Dragon-Blooded actually wield one."

[Village Walk]

No sirens will be blaring. Instead, Reinholdt will be spotted by the personnel and, once he lands, approached by a human-looking but much too tall muscular woman in scale armor, dark skin, red hair and red tattoos. She has what looks like a sheathed no-dachi on her back.

"Please state your business with Vigil," she says curtly.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-07-02 at 06:04 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ogre in the Playground

[Village Walk]

Reinholdt clears his throat and forces a smile. He's nervous, but not because she's so tall. He's actually quite used to people being taller than him.

"Well, I'm here to see if anyone was interested in saving a life by having spider babies. I'm also in negotiations with your leaders about the possibility of the transfer of an object in your vaults. And I wanted to inform them about our vault nearing completion and offer the chance for inspection, particularly by the magically attuned. If they'd like." Reinholdt doesn't know how much others know about what he's asking for. And the less who do, the better. If people think VIGIL still has the soul, that'd just be another layer of security.

"But I think that's all jumping ahead. My name is Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire. Who might you be?" Reinholdt says, performing his flourish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #869

[Maneuvering VIGIL]

Shanti frowns. "Of course she did, and you helped her." The druid shakes her head and gestures for Blanche to follow. "I need to get something before we go."

If Blanche does follow, Shanti will leave either way, the druid heads to one of the many rooms in one of the barracks. "Stay here, I'll just be a minute." She tells Blanche before entering and closing the door behind her.

The bird tilts its head and for a moment Natharia gets the feeling that something is watching her through one of creatures black lenses as she gets a glimpse of what seems to be a glowing yellow orb of an eye at the other side of the lens.
    But then the creature does what its told and do fly away and disappears out of sight along with its partner. She can't shake the feeling that its somewhere in the woods still watching her however.

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ogre in the Playground

Natharia paces back and forth in front of the well, too agitated to sit down again. Why can't they just leave her alone?