New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

[The Academy]

Oh boy, getting put on the spot here.

Geneva's ears flatten and she pulls her wings in tight, unconsciously trying to look as small as possible.

Given that she is an enormous hippogriff, this isn't very effective.

"I don't... I really don't think it's a good idea to trust them, from what little information I've got. And I would rather avoid things that use pure conceptual evil to augment themselves. Just... even the though of distilled evil so concentrated that it's as physical as a rock makes my stomach turn. I don't mind help with my project, I really don't. But I would rather get it from people who we're sure aren't setting us up for a double-cross. I don't want to see all of my equipment get blown up again."

Especially not so soon after starting up again.

She points a wing at a door, chosen at random.

"Is this lab space alright?" she asks Wenomir. "Can I set up in here?"

She is transparently attempting to escape a hostile situation.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

[The Academy]

Wenomir's expression softens a little as he glances back at Geneva.

"This one will be fine, yes. We have more lab space than we need at the moment." Turning back to Ambrosia, he doesn't look particularly convinced. "Does it see the war as a waste, or just an inefficient way of subjugating us all? It's Geneva's choice, but I don't trust it to help us with a weapon to use directly against other demons."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Academy]

"You might be right, I can't say anything for certain." Ambrosia admits casually. If she even have noticed Wenomir's gaze, she haven't reacted to it. "Anyway, as to change subject, why don't you tell me what you're planning to do, Geneva?"

4. - Top - End - #64

Barracks

Blanche returns to the doorway and looks down at the abandoned garments with confusion. I mean, just... why would you take the time to leave behind a perfectly good costume if you were going to run away? Why ask her to grab sugar if it wasn't going to stick around to take it?

...Unless it was all a diversion.

Eyes narrowing, the catgirl pivots swiftly towards the interior of the barracks, her ears turning downwards as she scans the hallway on either side. She pauses for a moment, a little confused... before she catches the faintest trace of movement at the edge of her vision. Fixing her gaze on the would-be sneak-thief, Blanche's expression softens a little with a sigh. Reaching up, she attempts to pull the grub down before placing it back on the doorstep.

"This is all you're getting." She's a little angry, but her tone is closer to a mother teasing her toddler than a pissed off army brat, and she places a fistful of sugar packets down before the grub before standing up and wordlessly closing the door.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #65

[The Academy]

"Great! Great. I'll just... start settingupinherethenbye!" Geneva says as she goes darting off into the first available lab, shoving the door shut behind her with a hind hoof.

Whoops.

Looks like she didn't answer Ambrosia's question.

Nope.

Didn't answer it all.

Instead, she's bopping her head on a counter.

"That was dumb, Geneva," she chastises herself. "Why did you panic like that? You can't let those demons keep you down. You can't start freaking out just because someone suggests hey maybe making a literal deal with a devil would help improve your research. That would be a great idea, right? Go promise something to a monster with cybernetics made of evil. Just... ugh..."

She bops her head against the table again. "She just wanted to help and I acted like a foal..."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Barracks

The grub tries to scurry a little faster when he realizes he has been spotted, but it is for naught and he gives a little cry as he's plucked from the ceiling. Instead of going quietly though, he latches onto her jacket, tiny clawed feet digging into the cloth to get a grip. He practically hugs her arm, stuck like glue, and she might finally see a small collar on his neck with a tag.

Puddin' Jr.
    Property of Renee
    If found, please keep warm and comfy
    I will come for him soon
    <3

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

[The Academy]

Wenomir's ire at Ambrosia's cooperation with Jaccalish seems replaced by awkwardness, at least temporarily.

"...that was sudden," he says. "The argument didn't get that bad. Not that I blame her for not wishing to cooperate with Jaccalish. I wish I'd had that luxury."

[Commander's Village]

Calm Reed bows formally to Cessie and turns back to St. Lazarus.

"Let's, let's. If you do want me to punch you through something, it can still be arranged," she says. Was that... a joke? "But it may be best to consider how to approach challenges as a team."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #68

[The Academy]

Ambrosia watches as Geneva disappears in a hurry and then shakes her head. "No, its my fault. I shouldn't have mentioned it at all considering your history with the 'demons'. Let me catch up with her." And so the scholar runs off after Geneva. She couldn't fly however (as frustrating as it was...) so she won't be able to take the same route as the griffin. Yet she does move awfully fast in that armor of hers.

9. - Top - End - #69

[The Academy]

Geneva's ear twitches when there's a knock at the door. Because of course there would be a knock at the door. Either to apologize for upsetting her or to berate her for acting like a foal. She's really hoping it won't be the berating option, she doesn't want to deal with that so soon after coming back to VIGIL.

She takes a deep breath, poofs out all her feathers, and then gives them a nice ruffle.

Now there's fluff floating all over the place.

...she's going to have to set up a good ventilation system for this lab. Molting on sensitive equipment is never ideal.

Geneva smooths herself out, adjusts her mane a bit, takes another deep breath, and calls out a tentative, "Come in?"

This will go fine.

Just fine.

Everything will be fine, stop being anxious.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Academy]

Once upon a time, Discord was thought of as pure evil. The zebras were evil. Science was evil.
    It's all just perspective Geneva. Maybe the zebras as a nation burned down our home, but if one came to us in friendship, we shouldn't turn them away.

Quiet for awhile now, notably, her friend's voice whispers into Geneva's mind again.

It's worth hearing out and extending a little trust for here, I think. Embrace caution, not fear. Fear leads to...
    A world of ash and sorrow.
    It'll be okay.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

11. - Top - End - #71

[The Academy]

Ambrosia slowly opens the door. "Are you alright? Perhaps you'd rather be left alone." A statement, not a question. "Admittedly, I didn't realize that you had a history with the demons as well. It wasn't my intention to stir anything up, I simply wished to help you along and I figured I would at least mention the possibility." She says while still standing in the doorway.

12. - Top - End - #72

[The Academy]

Friendship overcomes.

"It's... sorry... just lots of bad memories," Geneva replies, doing her best to offer a weak smile. "I didn't need to react like that. I shouldn't have. M-maybe if we can prove this one demon really is trying to help? I'm not sure how you would do that. But... if I DID have more information on the portals they use, and how they make them, that would be really helpful for creating counter-measures."

Countermeasures.

Ambrosia had wanted to know what she was going to be working on.

And now's as good a time as any to tell her, right?

"Any portal needs to be seeded with exotic matter, assuming we're talking about bending space rather than something a bit more impossible. Another exotic matter seed, another portal event inside an existing one causes destructive resonance. Everything gets pulled in every direction at once and both portals destabilize, violently. So I was planning on building some hand-held portal devices, something meant to bridge just a few feet. The range doesn't matter, just the creation of another wormhole inside one the demons have already opened."

So far so good.

Keep going.

"This is all hinged on the assumption that the demons are using something that's physically possible. If they're using portals that aren't Neighnstein-Roseluck bridges, but are instead some kind of... I don't know. I'm not sure how you would even begin describing a portal that isn't a looped space/time feature. If it's something else, my idea won't work and I would need more details on how these portals DO work to build counter-measures."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-10-30 at 01:45 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

[The Academy]

Ambrosia seems more than happy to change the subject back to portals after that initial awkwardness. "From what I understand it, these demons can only actually 'access' one realm, their own. So this 'gating' process, as they call it, first transports the demon to their home realm which in turn is connected to all other realms. So its first sent there and from there its then redirected to whatever their intended destination was supposed to be. The way it was described to me made me think about how data-transfer was explained, as in how machines around here send information to one another.

The material, in this case the demon, is converted into information which is then processed by their realm and then redirected to another destination. This process is not instant either, it can sometimes take up to 10 minutes depending on how much information that is being processed at the time. But that's a rather simplified explanation I suspect and it doesn't really get into what kind of portals these are."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-10-30 at 07:30 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Commander's Village]

Calm Reed bows formally to Cessie and turns back to St. Lazarus.

"Let's, let's. If you do want me to punch you through something, it can still be arranged," she says. Was that... a joke? "But it may be best to consider how to approach challenges as a team."
    "I play tank, you play DPS?" Saint Lazarus shrugs, before remembering that there's no way in hell Calm Reed would have any idea what the hell that means. She's a kung fu monk lady, Laz, she doesn't speak neeeeerd! "Sorry, let me try that again. I focus on keeping whatever we're fighting's attention on me, you punch it to pieces?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

15. - Top - End - #75

[The Academy]

Geneva gives Ambrosia a look.

"Are... are you serious?" she asks, her tone incredulous. "That sounds almost identical to how pokemon transfer and storage works. I'm tempted to try using a pokeball on one, just to see what happens."

Too bad there aren't any demons around.

Also too bad that Geneva doesn't carry pokeballs on her person.

Otherwise that would be an enlightening experiment!

For...

You know.

For science.

"Barring an intersecting portal, it sounds like fouling the information before they can reassemble themselves would work pretty well, too," Geneva muses. "Something like Serenade's Scrambling Cipher? Maybe Bauble's Babble Ball, if it's language-based instead of simple code."

16. - Top - End - #76

[The Academy]

That makes the scholar raise an eyebrow. "Fascinating. I'd would like to see that experiment once you try it..." Even if she had no idea what a 'pokéball' was, the idea of two different cosmologies functioning in sync like that seemed interesting enough to warrant it. "The only problem I could see would be to access their code. It seemed to me that while the signal could be blocked its 'code' is somehow protected. I believe that your first step should be to capture one of the demons to see if you could use it to access this realm of theirs somehow. Or perhaps better yet, have someone else capture a demon in case it would cause difficulties for you."

[Commander's Village]

"I leave you to it, just remember to be there in an hour." And off Cessie goes to prepare.

((Just decide OOC when you're done planning. I don't expect it to take more than one to two rounds of posting if you aren't done already.))

[VIGIL Phone]

The official non-emergency number has been called and it looks like the caller is Dena Xifhara from MERC. What could she want?

17. - Top - End - #77

[The Academy]

"A friend of mine named Cherrie, another academic, studies the Nexus' translating effect. I'm sure you aren't speaking Unovan right now, but that's what I'm hearing. The Nexus is nice enough to translate languages for us, but Cherrie investigated the depth of its effect with a little assistance from me now and again. It also translates concepts. It translates physical, magical, and mental phenomena into analogs for the observer so someone from any cosmology would have something comprehensible to interact with. There's actually some interesting speculation that Everfree Park is sort of a locus where all the contradictions and paradoxes that would be created in this translation are isolated, but that place is too hilariously lethal to safely study in any capacity," Geneva begins. Ambrosia might notice that her accent has changed here, but it is a bit subtle. Less subtle is that she seems a bit more confident and less fidgety all of a sudden. "Pokemon are largely creatures of information, it's why they can evolve like they do. It's why they can they can be stored and transferred with pokeballs and over computer networks. And of course it's why pokemon like porygon, who's a completely synthetic construct of coded information, is able to physically exist at all. Now, what the demons are doing might not be an exact match, but I have the sneaking suspicion that the Nexus' translation effect would help bridge the gap. Pokeballs are designed to capture and store creatures naturally capable of converting themselves to information and then recompiling into a physical form, so the analog is probably close enough with the demons to be viable."

She gives a little nod, then holds up her wrist computer. "Personal note, acquire pokeballs and inquire about occasion to test them on some demons."

One of her ears twitches a bit as the subject changes. "Well... that's why Serenade's Scrambling Cipher would probably be a good match. That spell is designed to intercept and manipulate information, coded information in particular. It was developed by the Ministry of Arcane Science during the great war to spy on coded Zebra radio communications. Not only to spy on them, but to also alter their content. It... umm... it should probably work on the demons, maybe?" Geneva continues, somewhat tentatively. Somewhat timidly. Her accent has changed again and she isn't holding herself quite so confidently. "Is that why you were thinking that traveling to the d-demon's home realm would be necessary? To pilfer the cypher that they use to protect the information content of their signal?"

Geneva isn't sure if she would be up for something like that.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Academy]

It hadn't gotten to the point of practical use before the bombs, but the twins had drafted a report on a set of devices they were working on, that targeted resonance and frequency of the surrounding areas. Depending on how this proceeds, I could probably recall enough to guide you through a prototype. Theoretically, portals should be subject to the effects of destructive resonance in a manner slightly less...intricate than exotic matter introduction would be.
    Probably just as messily though. It depends.
    Alternatively and more excitingly, I think, if we can get some examples of the data stream the demons use for transference to confirm their format, then targeted wave cancellation could be performed over and extended period of time to create 'informational frequency dead zones'...
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #79

[The Academy]

Geneva was changing? Ambrosia could see far more than just her change in mannerisms and accent. The griffin had mentioned memories from another universe, could be something like conceptual disharmony, just lacking a physical manifestation. Not so far at least, might manifest further on.

Her tome would have to note this down, it could be important later. For now though, she was reminded by something else...

"Not sure traveling there is necessary, not yet at least and one should not take the decision to make such a dangerous venture lightly." She first clarifies. "But, funny that you should mention language as there is something I should point out. As you've observed, the nexus seem to somehow be able to translate both language and concepts. However, these demons are the only beings I've come across so far that I can't actually understand. They are somehow capable of speaking a language in the nexus which I can't understand, yet they can still switch to the same language everyone else seem capable of talking. Same with their writing which I can't understand either despite them proving on many occasions that they can use the same letters as everyone else. Its one of those things that I haven't really considered until you pointed out just now as at the time it seemed minor, yet it could actually be of vital importance."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

Calm Reed is, indeed, perplexed. But Laz clears things up quickly enough.

"That should work fine enough for a start. If it doesn't, we'll adjust. As warriors must. I can also stagger them so they're left wide open for your blade."

21. - Top - End - #81

[The Academy]

Changing?

No, not really changing.

Geneva just has two equally true back-stories that she's trying to resolve with each other. Her personality really isn't different to any appreciable degree from one to the other. She just has the benefit of psychic mental discipline in the one and not in the other. The pinker Geneva can't afford to let her anxieties control her, because when emotions control her those same emotions control the manifestation of her psychic abilities. And that's really, really bad.

Like...

Seriously.

But hey science talk!

"Really?" Geneva replies, furrowing her brow and perking her ears forward. "That's really unusual. I've heard of a few cases like that, though. Creatures that flat-out break the Nexus translation effect somehow. I don't know if anyone has studied that particular subject in detail, though. It might be worth looking into and seeing if I can find any scholarly research on the subject. So they have some kind of encryption effect that's thwarting the Nexus? Maybe? Do you know anything more about this particular subject?" Geneva gives a little huff. "What I really need is access to their portal technology. Until I can run tests I'm mostly shooting in the dark."

She hums to herself, fidgeting her wings as she considers the suggestion of her small purple friend.

And then uses a fun little trick.

Just the right application of psionic power to create a temporary schism in her mind. Helps with holding two conversations at once.

~Hey,~ comes the mental voice of the Pinker Geneva. ~Sorry if I need to take a little bit of catching up, cross-referencing backstories is still hard. Gestalt and Mosaic were the two unicorns working under you in MoAS, right? How important would gemstone spell matrices be in the construction of this device? They're VERY difficult to come by here in the Nexus, that's part of the reason why I think Project Bifrost will work so great for everyone once it's up and running. Equestria has a valuable resource in abundance that everyone else would be willing to trade for. Oh! And portability is a big factor, too. We're hoping for something that could be easily carried and deployed in the field with minimal training.~

A few moments pass.

~And... sorry again. About forgetting you. I feel like a complete tool. Because that's basically what Fortuna used me as. A great big crowbar to pry you away.~
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-10-31 at 09:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Academy]

Oh, I was curious to know if I would get to meet you. Please, don't apologize. None of what happened was your fault.
    That ghost is sincere, both in an evident pleasure in this little mental conversation and the gracious denial of her apology being necessary.
    This is, after all, still her friend Geneva. Just...maybe a different perspective of her.
    The twins were employees of mine, correct. Very very capable unicorns that I would say could have been more influential than myself in the arcane research community if things had turned out different.
    Their initial prototypes were unwieldy, but their notes and my own calculations indicate they could be massively scaled down for production. Maybe the size of a shirt box?

Somewhere in Geneva's mind, there's a tired-looking purple unicorn standing next to something the size of a large water heat, covered in wires and gemstones.
    At her hooves, a small green box with a couple buttons on the top, about the right size for a good step to push down.

The equestrian gem matrix would be vastly preferable, by virtue of my own familiarity and the original designs. But...I think a disposable version could be cobbled together from more mundane technology and weak enchantment to the device itself. At least, until we get back to Bifrost.
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #83

[The Academy]

~Is it weird that this doesn't feel like a meeting? I mean... it does, sort of. The emotional bond is there. But I need to go into the memories from Equestria to really understand WHY the bond is there, and that feels like slogging through mental mud. I think I'll get it sorted all out, eventually. Everything neatly organized and categorized. I don't think I would have been able to do this without... um... me. The me from Unova, I mean. But it wouldn't have been necessary if I hadn't gotten yanked into the picture to begin with and- eer, sorry. You're right. This isn't my fault. I shouldn't beat myself up over something Fortuna did. Just... do what I can to pick up the pieces,~ Geneva mentally rambles. ~So! Uh, meetings! I'm Geneva Muller, alternate universe version of Geneva Stormfront. Or she's the alternate universe version of me. Something. Multiverse framework is STILL weird even if I can ramble off the quantum mechanical justification for it.~

She's right.

It IS still weird.

~I guess we'll have to improvise with the spell matrices. Those gemstones aren't happening any time soon. SylphCO teleportation pad technology isn't terribly different from MoAS teleportation pads in terms of the hows and whys. Our technology is analogous. I might be able to come up with some non-magical work-arounds to get the resonator to work once I understand how the spell is physically altering the world around it. That would be an option for something that's reusable. Otherwise single-shot bronze plates inscribed with a spell matrix would have to do.~

Now Geneva is rolling the ideas around in her mind, creating and manipulating schematics in her psychic vision. ~Gravitational resonance is always such a pain to work with...~ she mutters to no one in particular.

Then something strikes her. Something that she wouldn't have picked up on. Something the other Geneva noticed almost right away. Something she wanted to ask about. Both of her wanted to ask about? There's really only one her, though. Mostly. Sort of. Except when she's using the schism trick. Which she has been doing pretty often since she has a TON of jumbled up memories to sort.

~Umm... I don't want to be rude. Or pry or anything like that. But I noticed you're much more lucid than you were back in Equestria. Did... did something happen?~
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2018-10-31 at 10:43 PM.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[The Academy - Geneva's Mind]

Yours is an unusual situation. I don't think many ponies, or people, or hippogriffs are very qualified to say how you should deal with it. But I've known you for long enough now to know you'll pull through with flying colors, whether you're Geneva Stormfront, Geneva Muller, or Geneva Sunflier. You're Geneva and Geneva is awesome.
    There's an odd impression of rainbows and triumph.
    And a very young sounding giggle, from an otherwise old ghost.
    An awesome egghead, an old friend of mine would say, too.
    It probably could have been an insult, from anyone else. But here it seems like a very genuine compliment, of some depth.

Made even more apt by Geneva's jumping straight back into the nerd talk. There seems to be a sense of effort being made to not railroad the hippogriff, to not steamroll her ideas out of the way in place of the ghost's own, as concepts are being presented.
    Not because she thinks her own ideas are better, but because she's not the one out living in the world. Her time is gone, burned by that same urge to control and micromanage, rather than guide and nurture. Something she's promised herself to Do Better with.
    Perhaps the best of both worlds, with your work arounds and the plating? If you can arrange a computational device to handle most of the heavy lifting, mathematically, then you could craft replaceable spell tablets that guide and enforce the effect we want. Kind of like...smart batteries.

There's another accompanying image here, of that "shirt box" from earlier. The table casing has been removed to display a complex network of circuitry, with a notable addition of a slot-board on one edge, where something could be slotted into place. A hazy sheet of metal, with largely nonsensical arrangement of matrices on it, forms into place.
    Didn't have to be a nonsensical arrangement, but it looks better as a visual guide than an actual spell matrix.
    The illusory example device also serves as a good distraction from any hesitation on answering that last question.
    I wouldn't worry about me. I think...I think I just woke up from a really bad dream.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #85

Geneva gives a little laugh at the awesome pep-talk. It'll effect her physically, too. Her spirits are lifted a bit, her mental fatigue relieved. On the outside, she smiles a little more broadly.

~Thanks for the vote of confidence,~ she replies. ~Most of my equipment thus far has been pretty eclectic. If the Nexus has anything to offer, it's variety. The tricky part is figuring out how to make the most of diverse pieces. That was the old Unova motto before it kind of... well. Went the same way Equestria did. E Pluribus Unum, out of many, one.~

Certainly apt for the Nexus.

~I don't think mixing equestrian spell matrices and SylphTech will be a problem, I've done it before. I just wish my supply of gems hadn't gotten exploded with the old VIGIL base,~
    she grouses. ~Wishing won't do any good, though. We've got a brighter tomorrow to strive for and moping about the past won't help.~

Progress!

Onward and upward!

Differences in species aside, seems the core of Geneva isn't any different from one universe to another.

Geneva takes that mental image and pulls it apart, bit by bit, and then reassembles the whole thing. New technology has been added in here and there, a diversity of origins each lending their own unique strengths to the design. All cobbled together with different parts, all working in harmony to make something better. Kind of poetic, considering that Geneva is a hippogriff. Maybe getting things that would normally be opposed to cooperate just comes naturally to her.

And then a deflection.

~But I DO worry about you,~ Geneva gently rebukes. ~You're my friend. Something's different. Something big.~

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Barracks

The grub tries to scurry a little faster when he realizes he has been spotted, but it is for naught and he gives a little cry as he's plucked from the ceiling. Instead of going quietly though, he latches onto her jacket, tiny clawed feet digging into the cloth to get a grip. He practically hugs her arm, stuck like glue, and she might finally see a small collar on his neck with a tag.

Puddin' Jr.
    Property of Renee
    If found, please keep warm and comfy
    I will come for him soon
    <3
    Blanche winces as those tiny little claws puncture the sleeve of her jacket, grazing the skin just enough to hurt without breaking the skin. She waves her arm a little comically, trying to shake the intruder off, but to no avail! However, it's during this attempt that she notices a soft jangling, the tag on Puddin's collar rattling with each swift motion. Pausing, she pulls her arm closer, extending a hand to peer at the writing at the tag.

"...Well, I guess I'm stuck with you for a little while." Blanche comments with a defeated sigh, holding her arm aloft as she walks back to her quarters. The room is spartan - a simple bed and nightstand lines the wall next to the door, with a desk on the opposing end that faces a small window. No posters or other personal touches hang from the walls, and a sturdy gun safe sits in the far corner of the room. Tugging her jacket off to reveal a simple white undershirt, she places the grub-laden garment down on the bed, attempting awkwardly to swaddle the young creature inside it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

[VIGIL Phone]

The call will be eventually redirected to Wenomir, one assumes.

"Commander Wenomir speaking."

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Commander's Village]

Calm Reed is, indeed, perplexed. But Laz clears things up quickly enough.

"That should work fine enough for a start. If it doesn't, we'll adjust. As warriors must. I can also stagger them so they're left wide open for your blade."
    The ghoul nods, glad to see Calm Reed understands that this kind of 'strategy session' should only last maybe a minute and a half, tops. That's the way to do things; you just get in there and start swinging. That leaves them with roughly fifty-eight minutes to just talk or grab a snack or something, though.

"Also, I'm pretty sure she's already approved me as an official member, so don't feel like you have to hold back to make me look okay," Saint Laz reminds her, smiling beneath her helmet. VIGIL membership, in hardly any time at all! Who'd have imagined she'd come all this way as a hideous flesh-eating monstrosity?!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

29. - Top - End - #89

[The Academy]

"Afraid not, as I mentioned I haven't really had time to consider it before. This is more of an hobby after all, my main subject are still dragons. But what I do know is that each demon seem capable of using these portals. This must mean that its directly linked to the essence that makes them up. If you want to get access to their technology, you would have to start with their essence. It could probably be found on just about any demon." Ambrosia explains.

[VIGIL Phone]

"Well, hello, hello, isn't it my favorite VIGIL member, Wenomir. Dena of MERC speaking. How goes things in the organization? I heard you were big on duels these days. Funny that, I must be one of the few people you declined to duel. Am I really that awful?" She jokes.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

The ghost is pleased that Geneva felt a little reinvigorated by that. It was born from the memories and experiences of a friend who was...good at being an inspiration.

Perhaps that inspiration and energy will carry into the current project?
    I would look at this as an opportunity to rebuild know exactly what you need and want. You can get off on the right hoof...foot...claw, right away.
    Won't have to have any of that awkward room reorganizing, after realizing you really did need a DNA sequencer after all but didn't leave floor space for it...

As for the image reassembly! There isn't much interference here.
    Just simple explanation of design concepts that Geneva may need a primer on, if any. Mental notes on her additions and alterations on the original.
    Sure, the ghost is centuries old and knowledgeable, but that doesn't mean she has lost her desire to learn!

It's also less uncomfortable than the other topic.
    How much do you know about my figurine?
    Absentee Spirit