New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

[Village Walk]

Cessie raises an eyebrow. "Oh, I'm sorry. it's a figure of speech in home city. It means that it was a long time since we met." She pauses as she sees his confusion. "We met at that mummified dragons vault. I was looking for a cure for my former husband who had turned into a demon."

[Surface Clinic]

"Whoa!" Anika suddenly steps forward with her hands raised. "I got a better idea. She claims while turning to Wenomir. "They just got attacked by demons so they might not be safe. So why don't you go with them, Wen? Then you can ask Shanti all the questions you want too."

Shanti who was already leaving with Natharia in tow frowns at this idea. "That really isn't necessary."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-07-22 at 05:41 AM.

2. - Top - End - #992

[Surface Clinic]

Blanche narrows her eyes, stepping forward to address Shanti. ”Do you seriously think they won’t try going after you again? That they won’t send a stronger force? If we weren't there to help protect her, your daughter wouldn't be here. What makes you think that you'll be able to keep her safe when they go after her next?"
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2019-07-22 at 08:48 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Titan in the Playground

[Surface Clinic]

Wenomir smiles slightly, in a way that's almost warm and pleasant.

"Very good idea, Anika. I'll stay out of the way and keep watch while they're buying clothes and ask Shanti a few questions while I'm at it."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Ogre in the Playground

[Surface Clinic]

"Mom can take care of me by herself." Natharia collectively scowls at the Vigil members. Especially since it was Anika's idea.

5. - Top - End - #995

[Surface Clinic]

"I am trying to do my best to protect her as we speak." Shanti insists and let's out a sigh. "But fine, fine. Come along then." The druid gestures for Wenomir to follow as she turns to Natharia. "Sorry, I guess he has to tag along."

Anika raises an eyebrow and leans down towards Blanche. "That was awfully easy."

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

[Village Walk]

"Ahh..." Reinholdt says, taking a moment yet to remember which mummified dragons vault. "Ohhh, right. The one with the flooding. I should really invest in some scuba gear and get all those bones and treasure left down there. Then again... water."

Rein shrugs. "And how did that turn out? With your husband that is. Were you able to cure him?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #997

[Village Walk]

The sorceress nods. "We were, he or she now, was completely cured. Haven't seen her in a while but I figure they're doing well, so thank you for your concern." She does seem to brush off the topic rather quickly with a follow up question however. "But I'm guessing you have greater concerns if you are here in VIGIL, Reinholdt. We didn't get to know one another all that well after all, even if your reputation proceeded you the first time we met."

8. - Top - End - #998

[Surface Clinic]

Blanche nods minutely, watching the trio leave. "I'm surprised she didn't put up more of a fuss. Still acting all high and mighty though." The woman radiated a sense of entitlement and arrogance to her, which was more than enough to get on her nerves... but the fact that acting that way actively left Natharia in danger brought her dislike to a whole new level.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground

[Surface Clinic]

"I really will do my best to stay out of the way when I'm not talking to Shanti. Trust me, I'm very good at standing around being silent and brooding," Wenomir says as he gets ready to leave with them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ogre in the Playground

[Surface Clinic]

Natharia rolls her eyes. "Fine." Otherwise she'll follow along. To the mall!

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground

[Village Walk]

Reinholdt smiles sympathetically to Cessie, glad to hear she was cured at least, though doesn't mention anything else about what seemed a topic to avoid.

"Ah-haha. Yes. Reputation." Reinholdt rubs the back of his head. Well, it would be pretty silly to expect one of the commanders of VIGIL to not be well studied in the history of why Watchtower was founded in the first place. But then, that hurdle was always to be expected coming here.

"Well what exactly has Arlem told you regarding my son's soul?" Reinholdt asks so he isn't just repeating things she already knows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1002

[Village Walk]

Cessie raises an eyebrow at the topic Rein now presents. She should have figured. "That its dangerous." She remarks cryptically. "Not that Arlem needed to tell me. DC mentioned it several times and I don't think I need to tell you what his opinion of you was. Now, I don't carry the same grudge but his constant insistence was more than enough to make me concerned."

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground

[Village Walk]

Rein tilts his head a little. "Yeesss? That goes without saying. No one would dare dispute that. Concern is the proper response. So then... you don't know? I thought Wenomir... Did Arlem even?" Reinholdt pauses and rubs his face. Either there's been a miscommunication or much more likely, his request didn't even make up the chain of command.

"I'll have to start at the beginning then. Some time ago I sent an agent to negotiate on my behalf about transferring custody of the soul to me. Arlem came to me to confirm this request. I assured her the agent was speaking on my behalf and elaborated to her questions where I could. I wished to have something to remember him by and... well quite frankly his soul is... well all there is. I also mentioned concerns I had with VIGIL's security based on prior incidents. I informed Arlem that I was building the most secure fortress I could fathom that would double as a mausoleum."

"An alternative option came up as well that we both considered worth pursuing. Namely, putting the soul to rest forever. I have a powerful group of mages researching the issue. If it worked out my son's soul would no longer be capable of ever posing a threat again. Which would be a great relief. I... dealing with it- dealing with Shepard twice was two too many times."
    Reinholdt closes his eyes for a moment and takes a breath before continuing.

"Arlem made some insistent passes at the demon staff I have before we agreed to revisit the topic when my own security was in place for my initial request of simple custody. I consented to have it inspected and well, that brings us to today. Following up and all that. I tried to earlier, but there was a disaster in Riverside that understandably demanded your attention." Reinholdt falls quiet, that being more or less the whole story. Ah. His hands are shaking. Didn't even notice. Best just slide those into his pockets
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

14. - Top - End - #1004

[Village Walk]

Cessie folds her hands and looks at Rein with a neutral expression. "I wasn't trying to argue that point, Rein. It's just that I can't say much regarding what I know or don't know about the situation right now. Instead, I'm going to have to request that we go and discuss this in Wenomir's office as he should hear whatever is said and decided between us. Arlem should join us as well. Is that alright with you?"

[Surface Clinic]

"She got some kind of plan, you can always count on that." Anika mumbles as the two watches Wenomir, Shanti and Natharia walk away. "That would be alright if they weren't also creepy evil plans." The druid pauses. "Do you have any annoying relatives, Blanche? Or evil ones for that matter."

15. - Top - End - #1005

[Surface Clinic]

"Eh, kinda," the catgirl responds with a shrug, tilting her head in thought. "No siblings, but my mom was a bit of an absentee due to work and I literally never met my dad 'til... I dunno, about six months ago? I'm told he was kind of a prick back in the day, but he seems alright." There was quite a bit of context Blanche has missed about the whole Reinholdt saga, and she never took the time to delve too deeply into it.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

After the eventful night that resulted from Cass' unexpected visit, Wenomir wakes up. A bit later than he normally would, but he's an early riser even after... all that's happened. He turns to look at the elven woman sleeping near him. He still has no idea where it will all lead to... but if nothing else, they had fun this night, didn't they? One thing at a time. And right now, the thing is explaining why there's a dark elf in his house that no one saw or heard enter. But maybe that can wait until they've eaten, at least.

"Good morning, Cassandra," he tells her as he gets out of bed and starts looking for some clothes. "Would you care for some breakfast?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-08 at 04:07 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1007

[Surface Clinic]

Anika nods. "He might have changed. Though, this is something I've regretfully learned, never trust someone until you've hanged out a lot with 'em. I though my sister was trustworthy for the longest time until she repeatedly proved otherwise. Some people can seem super-nice until it really comes down to it. Then they just abandon you." The druid frowns. "I think Shanti gave up on the 'seem nice' part though, now she's just... bleh." The druid sticks out her tongue in disgust.
    "But I think it's safe to say Wenomir pretty much gave us permission to cleanse the well now so it won't attract more demons. Though i don't think we can go there alone anymore." She pauses, pondering. "Hey, is your mom a badass?" What a peculiar question.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-08-08 at 05:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1008

Surface Clinic

Blanche quirks an eyebrow, stifling a laugh. ”Heh, definitely not. She’s a doctor.” There’s a pause. “Although I think my dad’s still an adventurer. Might’ve even done some work with VIGIL back when it was still Watchtower even? I haven’t really checked.”
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Orc in the Playground

Arriving

A European robin, a small brown bird with a red chest, lands on the flying island. There, it twists and grows and expands, the wings shifting and turning into arms, the beak retracting into a face that becomes more human with every moment. When the process ends, Natalie straightens, a tanned European girl with shoulder-length black hair and bright green eyes, aged about fifteen. She's wearing a green t-shirt and a pair of denim shorts, with slightly grubby white trainers on her feet and no socks. She looks around, before holding out a hand. Red light flares about her hand and card symbols flash into existence about her, and then her outstretched hand is holding a battered red rucksack, and she stumbles slightly as she'd forgotten how heavy the bag was.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Library - Elves and a Monk]

Anika gives Rain a friendly pat on the back. "Don't worry, you'll fit right in, Rain! Soon you'll be a hero as great as any of us. Just do what you're best at."
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Calm Reed quirks an eyebrow. The commander must have left quite an impression.

"I'm sure you'll have no shortage of material," she says. "The members of this group get into heroic, life-threatening situations on a regular basis. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some reading I wanted to do. About the history of this place. It's... not an easy field of study."

Rain blushes at Anika's encouragement. "I-I don't think I have it in me to be a hero. I'll just stick to the sidelines."

[Wenomir's House]

Cass is a quick waker, as might be expected, up and alert as soon as Wenomir addresses her. That alertness subsides after a moment, though, and she sits up with a relaxed languor, giving Wenomir a drowsy half-smile.
    "I could appreciate breakfast," she says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Pixie in the Playground

[Karlie - Entrance]

Karasu appears, and Natalie's used to the method by now so she doesn't choose something less flashy: she rides on a passing person's shadow and jumps out, materializing into a small sprint, her hands outstretched to pull Natalie into a hug. "It's great to see you, luv; it feels like we hardly spend time together these days." She says, giving Natalie signs with her amber-on-black eyes that there's a date coming in her future.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #1012

[Returning to VIGIL]

Awen the witch, all dressed up and with some of her snake-hair visible due to the outfit she was wearing to the party, returns to the skybase.

She's got a book on summoning in one hand, and a mask in the other. She really should rest so that she can recover, but first she needs to get back to the library to return this book.

She takes it easy on her way there, however.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

After finally pulling on some trousers and a sleeveless shirt, Wenomir heads out of the bedroom.

"The kitchen is this way. Come over when you're ready."

Once Cass does so, she'll find Wenomir making what looks like oatmeal on the stove. There's some apples and bananas nearby as well.

"...I think there's something we need to address right out of the gate," he says, awkwardly. "I've been with other women since... you last saw me."

24. - Top - End - #1014

Surface Clinic

"Whoa, really? So who is he then? Sounds like I should have at least heard about him." Anika asks. "I mean, my dad takes care of sabers all day. Hardly the most epic line of work in comparison."

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Titan in the Playground

Calm Reed nods and takes her leave of the elf and half-elf. She's not quite certain if Rain is a hero material, but stranger things have happened here...

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Orc in the Playground

Karalie

Natalie grins as Karasu appears, dropping her rucksack so she can hug her girlfriend. "I know what you mean; you're up here, I'm down in GLoG... We should go on a date at some point. Or arrange things so we meet up at least once a week, even if it's not quite a date, y'know? Just to hang out and enjoy each other's company." Natalie's too busy hugging to look at Karasu's eyes, since she's not intending on letting go any time soon.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

27. - Top - End - #1017

Surface Clinic

"Whoa, really? So who is he then? Sounds like I should have at least heard about him." Anika asks. "I mean, my dad takes care of sabers all day. Hardly the most epic line of work in comparison."
    Surface Clinic

”His name’s Reinholdt,” Blanche answers, clearly not grasping his significance. “Well, not the worst job, all things considered. Having good swords are pretty damn important for any fighter, so it sounds like his role is fairly integral at some level.

There’s an awkward pause.

“...you meant the big cats, didn’t you?”
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Wenomir's House]

After finally pulling on some trousers and a sleeveless shirt, Wenomir heads out of the bedroom.

"The kitchen is this way. Come over when you're ready."

Once Cass does so, she'll find Wenomir making what looks like oatmeal on the stove. There's some apples and bananas nearby as well.

"...I think there's something we need to address right out of the gate," he says, awkwardly. "I've been with other women since... you last saw me."
    [Wenomir's House]

A few minutes later, and Cass wanders out, wearing her own trousers and shirt. She'd thought about raiding Wenomir's closet for one of his shirts to wear, but decided against it. It's just not the same if he hadn't been wearing it. She leans against the counter, smirking.
    "Is that right? Mr 'wild'?" She says, before immediately regretting her glib response. She rubs the back of her head, suddenly awkward herself. It made sense. She'd never expected him to be so... assertive. Not that he'd ever shy, exactly - from what she remembers, he'd basically been the one to make every move first, before - but he'd also never...

Thrown you around like a sack of potatoes?

"I... see." She says, flushing slightly at the crude direction her thoughts had been running.

"You're not my first, either." She says, plainly.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2019-08-08 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ogre in the Playground

[Village Walk]

Cessie folds her hands and looks at Rein with a neutral expression. "I wasn't trying to argue that point, Rein. It's just that I can't say much regarding what I know or don't know about the situation right now. Instead, I'm going to have to request that we go and discuss this in Wenomir's office as he should hear whatever is said and decided between us. Arlem should join us as well. Is that alright with you?"
    [Village Walk]

Reinholdt tilts his head, confused at the reply he considers quite odd. Doesn't know what she can say about what she... knows? Was there something else to know?

...Maybe she was just being extra cautious. Rein can respect that.

"Yeah. That's absolutely fine with me." Reinholdt stands up. "It'd be good to know where his office is anyways." So he doesn't just wander around randomly again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's House]

Wenomir smiles at Cass' quip and doesn't seem to notice her subsequent embarrassment. Or he decides to roll with it. He's not surprised Cass has been with other men in the meantime, either - she was far too forward for someone who'd been abstaining from it.

"That's just something you pick up when you have an affair with a woman who's taller than you and can lift you one-handed," he says, with candid honesty. "You may remember Harnel. But she goes by Harnetta now. She wasn't comfortable in a man's body and with a man's name, as it turns out. We had a brief affair, then she left the Nexus again."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-08-09 at 02:22 PM.