New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

[Investigation]

"Being robbed, apparently." Kirk replies, a slight smile pulling up the corners of his lips. "Is that how you greet every visitor? It's no wonder Vigil's always so ready for a fight."

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

Jezzy Tour

"Once before, but only right at the start of this base when you asked me to help provide funding."
    Jezebel admits, taking a look around as soon as she steps out of the shuttle. "Burned down your office? Must be quite the story there. Hopefully you have a new one though. First impression...I like it. Being this high up...helps remind me of home. In a good way. Is there a place with a view we can enjoy?" She asks before quickening her step so she can walk side by side with Cessie. For a moment she starts to reach out to take Cessie's hand, but she holds back after a thought. "I imagine eyes are on us?" She asks, lowering her voice.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Investigation]

"Gotta keep 'em on their toes, amiright?" Anika smirks. "But it turns out I'm not the reason people here are always so ready to fight. Turns out they're just tense and paranoid by nature." She shakes her head while putting her hand on Kirk's shoulder. "But what if I give you back your hat? Will you tell me why you're here then? Or do I have to sweeten the deal even more?" She raises her long eyebrows expressively.

Jezzy Tour

Cessie raise an eyebrow in response, but still smiles. "Always. We're still two of the nexus most prominent people if those journalists are any indication. Thus I constantly assume that there are eyes on us while in public. But I didn't mention my new office for no reason." She gestures towards a tall structure near the northern edge of the island which appears to be under construction. "Want to start our tour there? Or perhaps you like to see the barracks first. I imagine we could always finish it there."

4. - Top - End - #1144

[Visitor]

A man is coming to visit. From what i know only Wenomir should know him directly since they met befor. The man appears to be an average human of 5'8" heigth. He wears a sleevless labcoat while his arms are covered in scales. His grey hair make him look old, but his face says different.

The man known as Arkant takes a shuttle up to the island and then starts searching for Vigil people..
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ogre in the Playground

[Investigation]

The drow smirks. "It's quite upsetting to be dive bombed like that. You might need to make it up to me." He smiles more broadly and winks. "Maybe you can help me with a separate problem later? You see, I have this new bottle of wine and I could use help drinking it." He steps closer to her, well inside her personal bubble, and raises his brow in an expectant look.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Ogre in the Playground

Jezzy Tour

Well, that certainly snags her attention. Jezebel gives a smile, bows slightly and gestures forward with an arm. "Then please, lead on and we'll finish off in your office. Though if we're heading to a barracks, I hope we wouldn't disturb anyone's sleep or work." She adjusts the furred neckline of her dress a bit, just to get it more comfortable as they walk. "Though I do wonder just how much you can show me at the moment considering that I imagine my presence isn't allowed into secure areas just yet. Not unless you want to give security a tough time that is."

7. - Top - End - #1147

Jezzy Tour

"I was just going to show you the outdoor areas, the barracks and finally my office. Neither is particularly confidental. We let guests sleep in the barracks and people come to visit my office all the time." Cessie explains as she leads on. "But if you want you could always test our security. I imagine you would have some fun with that." A beat. "But go on, ask anything you like about VIGIL and I shall answer to the best of my ability."

[Investigation]

Anika giggles. "Wine? Fancy-pancy. You need help drink it, or open it?" She teases. "But that sounds fun though. I'm pretty good at drinking, y'know? But I could always use more practice." The druid grins widely, her sharp canines coming at full display.
    She then pokes him lighly in the chest now that he's so close. "But now you'll tell me why you're here? I got that curiosity itch now, y'know."

8. - Top - End - #1148

[Skybase Surface]

Because her broken ribs are finally healing well enough to not be in constant pain just by breathing or bending, Awen decides to go out and see the sun for once.

Actually, though, her plain fails because it's cloudy today.

She sits in the grass and looks up at the sky.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ogre in the Playground

Jezzy Tour

"Honestly, what I'm most curious about apart from your office is how big the tunnel system beneath here is."
    Jezebel admits, crouching down to set her hand on the ground. "This floating island is large enough for a massive complex underneath. If no one is taking advantage of it, that would honestly be one of my priorities."

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Investigation]

Anika giggles. "Wine? Fancy-pancy. You need help drink it, or open it?" She teases. "But that sounds fun though. I'm pretty good at drinking, y'know? But I could always use more practice." The druid grins widely, her sharp canines coming at full display.
    She then pokes him lighly in the chest now that he's so close. "But now you'll tell me why you're here? I got that curiosity itch now, y'know."
    [Investigation]

"Good, I hope your evening is free." Kirk says, letting the teasing role off his back. "I might as well satisfy that itch of yours, now that we've made amends." He reaches out to hook his hat with his finger and replace it on his head. "I'm here to see your leadership. An official Merc investigation, and someone here has information for me."

11. - Top - End - #1151

Jezzy Tour

"There is an underground section of the base, though that is very much a confidential. Honestly, I can't even call myself an expert on it as I've only visited it once. It's mainly supposed to be for emergencies." Cessie explains. "I'm not sure how safe it would be to expand it though. But again, not an expert."

[Investigation]

Anika seems to be expecting Kirk to say more and when he doesn't she pouts. "That's it? You gotta tell me how what you're investigating too! Is it KABAL again? I'm trustworthy you know. You can tell me."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ogre in the Playground

Jezzy Tour

Jezebel tilts her head, acknowledging that she really couldn't be shown the underground parts. "Understandable. I doubt it'd be catastrophic to expand them, but if I did, it would be done by professionals." She explains, figuring that it would help to assuage any worries. Once she gets back up she wipes imaginary grass and dust from her knees despite having been particularly careful. "Most of my other questions would be considered classified as well I suppose, so I can wait to ask those. However I do wonder something else." She'll talk as she follows Cessie, not wanting to hold up the tour too much. "Have you spoken with anyone else about my joining or is this something that is likely to come as a surprise?"

13. - Top - End - #1153

Jezzy Tour

"Wenomir knows. No one else." Cessie admits. "I wouldn't want to confirm anything until I knew for sure you were going to accept my invitation. That's not going to be a problem, is it?"

[Seeking Cessie]

"I was going to ask Jezebel considering her expertise." A beat. "If she accepts my invitation to join VIGIL that is." She raise an eyebrow. "I'm assuming that's alright with you."

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

[Seeking Cessie]

Wenomir considers this for a long moment.

"It is. I'm hesitant to bring more people into this, but Jezebel knows how to be discreet and I can't endanger Vigil because of my own scruples."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Ogre in the Playground

Jezzy Tour

"No, that's not a problem." Jezebel says with a nod. "Though I should mention. I'm not sure we'll be able to keep us from everyone for long either. Is that okay with you?" She asks, lowering her voice a bit just in case there really are prying eyes and ears. "The proverbial cat will be out of the bag. The more observant members will almost certainly figure it out."

16. - Top - End - #1156

The Jezzy Tour

"I'm going to tell Wenomir at the official meeting with him when I'm formally inviting you to join VIGIL. He must know that, well, I might not be completely objective in my assessments of you." She smiles. "Hence why I'm going to have you answering to him and not to me during the initial period." Then there is a slight shrug. "As for the rest... well, I'm not sure when they will figure it out but it might take a while depending on how obvious we are about it."

[Seeking Cessie]

"I trust Jezebel a great deal, and she have proven that she can be trusted on multiple occasions. However bizarre that might sound to you, I promise you that she will deal with this in the most proffesional manner. If she decides to join of course." A pause. "But I was actually asking if you were okay with her joining VIGIL."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-09-28 at 03:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

[Seeking Cessie]

"Right, sorry. I got a little caught up in my... affair." Wenomir shrugs. "I don't have any objections. She proved where she stands during the battle of Riverside, against the demons and AMEN alike. And we could use someone with her expertise among us. Most of us are of the kick-the-door-in persuasion."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Investigation]

Anika seems to be expecting Kirk to say more and when he doesn't she pouts. "That's it? You gotta tell me how what you're investigating too! Is it KABAL again? I'm trustworthy you know. You can tell me."
    [Investigation]

"I don't doubt that, but I have to keep certain details to myself." Like how there's nothing official about this investigation at all, for instance. "It's not Kabal, though. But let me ask you one thing. Are you familiar with a man who goes by Helios?" He watches her face carefully for some sign of recognition.

19. - Top - End - #1159

[Investigation]

Anika seem to rack her brain trying to come up with anything regarding that name. But there are no signs of recognition even if she seems to be trying her best to recall. "...no. Dunno anyone with that name. What about them? Why would VIGIL know anything of them? Is it some secret demon lord?"

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ogre in the Playground

[Investigation]

"Just someone related to a job we have that we need a better understanding of." Kirk explains. "I have reason to believe there are a couple people in Vigil that have had contact with him in the past. That's all I should say, though."

21. - Top - End - #1161

[Investigation]

Anika crosses her arms and let's out a little sigh. "'kay. Let's go see Wenomir then." And so they're off to see the warrior!

However, once they're at his office Wenomir is no where to be seen and when Anika tries the door, it's locked. "Aw, come on! Curse you, Wen. Why do you have to away now of all times?" The druid let's out another, more dramatic, sigh.
    Anika gestures for Kirk to follow once more, now going out to peer into the window of the office. "I guess he really isn't there." The locked door didn't clue her in?
    "I suppose we could talk to the other one." Anika shrugs and then slowly makes her way towards what appears to be the barracks.
    Though as soon as they come in view of them, she suddenly stops. "Can't see her. She might not be in either. Maybe they're having a meeting or something." She's not really seeing anything from here though.

[Seeking Cessie]

Cessie nods. "Good." She pauses. "But I assume we're done for now then? There really isn't much more to say until we know more."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-09-30 at 01:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

[Seeking Cessie]

"Yes, I suppose that's it for now," Wenomir says, getting up. "This... is going to be interesting, one way or the other."

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Ogre in the Playground

[Investigation]

Kirk arches an eyebrow at her. This situation isn't too hard to read. "Not a fan of miss Mithar, are you?" He asks, the hint of a smile in the corners of his lips.

24. - Top - End - #1164

[Investigation]

Anika waves her hand dismissively and mumbles something impossible to make out. "Ehh..."

"I guess we should take a closer look. Just in case." Though she doesn't manage to take more than a few steps forward when a voice calls out from behind them.
    "Can I help you with something?" Cessie eyes the two, her expression completely neutral.

"Uh, Kirk wanted to talk to you about... some guy?" Anika shrugs and glances to Kirk.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Ogre in the Playground

[Investigation]

"Ah, miss Mithar. We were just trying to find you." Kirk turns and gives her a diplomatic smile. "Yes, I was hoping that you could answer some questions in regards to a Merc investigation. If I could borrow a moment of your time?"

26. - Top - End - #1166

[Investigation]

"Yeah, he wants to ask about a guy called Helios! Do you know anything about him?" Anika is being a bit more direct. "Is he with the demons, maybe?"

Cessie raise an eyebrow as soon as the name 'Helios' is mentioned. Giving Kirk a puzzled look.

"Let's discuss this privately." The sorceress gestures at Anika. "You stay here, miss Sunfletcher. If anyone asks, tell them I'm in an important meeting."

"...'kay." She can't look more disappointed.

Cessie leaves the druid behind as she leads Kirk into her temporary office. A rather simple affair located in one of the rooms of the barracks. She sits down behind her desk and gives Kirk a serious look. "Why are you asking me about that name, Mr. Locke?"

[Seeking Cessie]

"That's one way to put it." Cessie says neutrally. "I'll inform you once I talked to Jezebel."

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Investigation]

Kirk gives Anika an apologetic look, but he has more important concerns than pleasing her at the moment.

He'll follow Cessie and take a seat across from her. "We've had some dealings with a man named Helios as of late. Recently he's made an offer that's... outlandish." He frowns slightly. "However, it was worth following up on. I'm looking to get a sense of his characters and honesty from people who've dealt with him before. Based on your reaction, I take it I've come to the right place."

28. - Top - End - #1168

[Investigation]

"I'm afraid I will need to ask a few questions before I can answer any of yours, Mr. Locke. In particularly, how did you know that this would be the place to look? We are hardly the best source of information out here." Cessie sits nearly perfectly still in her chair. Observing his body language.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [The Academy]

What? Why is she being mentioned? the Half-ElfTM wonders. No, just being mentioned isn't a problem - what the real problem is is that she was the last thing mentioned. That means Wenomir's probably going to feel like he has to say something about her to just keep the conversation going.

Holly needs to interject and give him a new direction to proceed.

So, the shapeshifter suddenly says, "From what I've heard, all former AMEN leaders have gone missing shortly after stepping down." Wait, but there was Ilpholin. "Except one, but I heard she was also working for Watchtower at the time, right?"

There.
    Saved(?) it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [The Academy]

Wenomir smiles a little. He does like earnest enthusiasm in recruits. However...

"She's not wrong," he says. "I'm aware I have a reputation, and it's largely an accurate one, but it might not be. You can't be sure until you've met someone, spoken to them and at least seen them fight. As far as leaders of AMEN go... leading that pack of backstabbing schoolyard bullies with superpowers isn't exactly a job with a future." He makes no comment about Ilpholin's tenure as leader of AMEN. "Magtok is still around, though he's cut all ties by the looks of it, and Gordon... he did vanish from sight." He shrugs. "But if you do want to spar, I can spare some time for that. I don't usually test new recruits myself, but exceptions happen. And both of you can see if what you've heard and thought was correct."

[The Academy]

"I agree, Wenomir-san, but one look at you told me that reputation is an accurate one. You admit it yourself, sensei." Svetlana replies. She has to laugh out loud at his description of AMEN, and narrows her eyes at the mention of Magtok. She's heard of him too, apparently.

But then comes the thing she's waiting for! A chance to spar with Wenomir himself! This will be fun and educational! "Then let's go, sensei." She replies, shifting to a Muay Thai fighting stance. There's a smile on her face like the cat that ate the canary. "Here I come!" She says in an excited voice, throwing a high kick at Wenomir to see how he reacts.

Unless, Wenomir has another location in mind... then she'll follow him, and then throw her kick when they're ready.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [VIGIL Grounds]

"I don't really know that many things except the stuff Mom put in my head when she made me and the stuff I've learned since then! Like don't eat the fuzzy caterpillars 'cuz they make your mouth itchy," Lapis replies as she begins bounding off toward not particularly well hidden fort. "Six hundred years sounds like a long time but time gets weird once you're outside of the Game. I haven't been out of it yet but that's mostly 'cuz I'm here making sure no gross pod-people sneak in."

Gross pod people are just the worst.

"I think maybe your words for things and the words Mom taught me for things are different things? That happens a lot in the Nexus because it's lots of different places all smooshed together sort of like fish cakes if you made the fish cakes out of different types of fish."

Lapis likes fish cakes. Though, frankly, she isn't that picky as the fact that she has tried to eat caterpillars suggests.

"Like a nephilim is what happens when someone from the Game gets Empyrean stuff in them? And that way if they die in the Game they get to get translated into the Empyrean instead of not-existing! I've got two siblings like that my Mom invested in since they would have died from awful faerie stuff otherwise. And dying from awful faerie stuff is just the worst!"

Literally the worst.

"Mom's SUPER big. The only time she unveils herself is when she's waaaaaaaay out in the wilderness where she won't hurt anyone by accident. Mom really loves all the people who live in the Nexus, even the ones that are jerks sometimes."

Not the faeries, though. They don't count as people since they don't exist.

Past the armory, around some bushes, and there!

A tree!

A pretty good sized oak tree. Branches have been woven together, along with a few discarded boards, to create something that resembles a bird's nest more than a traditional fort. Here and there something akin to silver shaped like the inside of bone has been used to lash various components together. Within the hollows of the bone hums a gold-white light that burns with brilliant incandescence.

"That's my fort, isn't it great? I thought about just using artifice to build it but then I thought that would probably spook critters so that probably isn't a good idea so I mostly just used branches and stuff with a little bit of Truth to help hold things together since nothing holds stuff together like the truth, you know?" Lapis rambles as she rather deftly climbs up the trunk of the tree and vanishes into the large, round hole in the face of the 'fort'.

[VIGIL Grounds]

Asher flies besides her, as does Ruth, though the latter is mostly quiet and just content to enjoy the kids interact. "600 years isn't l-long, Momma's still young! Right, Momma?" Asher says, and Ruth confirms his statement with a series of nods. "Yes indeed, and I know angels that have existed for tens of thousands of years." The next thing that comes is a loud surprised gasp from Asher, and he reaches over to hug Lapis. "I like fish cakes too! Though I don't know about y-you but w-we don't need to eat or sleep, w-we only do to blend in, a-and cos food tastes so nice! I w-was born with things in my h-head too!" He declares, grinning cutely.

"Ah, different words for the same thing, it's one thing I discovered on coming here. For instance, for us Empyrean is another name for Heaven that mortals use. Or Paradise, a divinely inspired name. The faeries you speak about sound like demons, however. There are some who would refer to angels as faeries in the Nexus, I've also seen." Ruth comments on Lapis' words, smiling when she learns how much Lapis' mum loves mortals. Indeed, that's the mark of a good angel. "We're angels, we are supposed to love all mortals. I do as well. Do not worry about size or radiation aura, however, being an angel I can handle it. At most I will be forced to gawk at her light." She finishes, already looking forward to meeting this seraph. She decides she's going to find out who this angel is and befriend her. "Do you know where your mom is?"

And then they get to their location! Asher and Ruth stare at the cobbled-together nest, with the angelic material used to hold things together. The smile on their faces grows wider, but the younger of the two is the first to speak. "I like your fort, L-Lapis, and if you want to make it look prettier, I can help!" He only pauses to look back at his mother once, and disappears in the hole after her.

He needn't have bothered, because Ruth's coming along, too!
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-10-03 at 10:46 AM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #1170

[The Academy]

Whew.
    He didn't talk about her in particular when mentioning the AMEN leaders. "Oh, right, Magtok. I guess he's technically one of the founding members of Vigil, too, by way of HALO." She kind-of wants to hear Svetlana's reaction to this, but...it's not that important, especially compared to watching the fight.
    To be honest, Holly doesn't really understand all of what happened - Watchtower and HALO merged, but then HALO separated later due to a difference in opinion? Or something like that. No idea what went on, maybe she'll have to ask some of the HALO members about it.

She's pretty sure right here's not an appropriate place - "There's training grounds not far from here, right?" but it totally okay to watch an indoor fight.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.