New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: VVVVVigil: Valorous Veterans Vanquishing Venal Vermin

Dumb loner going for a walk

As Violet asks the question to the fox, he raises his head and tries to lick her face. That presumably means 'yes'.

Anyway.
    As the pony insults her hair, Awen decides to quickly withdraw it back. She raises her hands and tries to smooth it - and the snakes- back. She really needs to take a brush to it, or something, because it has a bunch of knots in it or something, and if it weren't for the snakes there's a very real possibility she'll develop dreadlocks with snakes mixed in. Snakelocks. Dreadsnakes?

"Y-yes, it is moving. Hair sometimes does that," she lies. The witch looks down at the ground as she keeps on trying to smooth her hair back. "It only started up a couple years ago, I swear." That one's actually true.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gross! Violet says to the fox. Aren't you a little gross weirdo? She says, nuzzling it.
    A bunch of snakes moved into your hair and you just let them stay there?
    She asks, once she's done pampering the fox. Celestia you are a mess. Just call an exterminator or something. She adds, flying in closer and reaching out to try and touch one of the snakes.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds ==> Commanders' Village]

Wenomir looks at Arkant for a moment, his expression difficult to read.

"Follow me, then."

He leads Arkant towards the commanders' village, away from the Vigil recruit.

"What is it?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #1234

[Investigation]

Anika waves her hand dissmissively. "Fine, be that way then." The druid will then get out from his grip and lands on the ground, turning to him. "Must be something pretty important." She raises her eyesbrows thoughfully. "Something you wouldn't need my help with. So likely not anything that can be punched. Therefore it couldn't be demons, and probably not KABAL either. So it's something completely different that you need information from the commander to solve." She taps her chin. "Specifically commander Cessie, so probably something magic related." A beat. "No wait, you already got that demon warlock chick for magic problems. That means it has to be something completely different. You never come over here otherwise after all." Anika crosses her arms over her chest. "Unless she's sick or something. I dunno." She shrugs helplessly and shakes her head. "Seems I can't guess it after all. Must be of one those really complex problems, huh?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-10-18 at 12:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [The Academy]

Whew.
    He didn't talk about her in particular when mentioning the AMEN leaders. "Oh, right, Magtok. I guess he's technically one of the founding members of Vigil, too, by way of HALO." She kind-of wants to hear Svetlana's reaction to this, but...it's not that important, especially compared to watching the fight.
    To be honest, Holly doesn't really understand all of what happened - Watchtower and HALO merged, but then HALO separated later due to a difference in opinion? Or something like that. No idea what went on, maybe she'll have to ask some of the HALO members about it.

She's pretty sure right here's not an appropriate place - "There's training grounds not far from here, right?" but it totally okay to watch an indoor fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Wenomir does indeed have a different place in mind for sparring than the academy grounds.

"Yes, there is," he says. He turns to lead the two there. "Our relationship with Magtok is... complicated. I'll be happy if I never have to deal with him again."

He picks out a practice longsword and takes a position on the field. When Svetlana opens with a kick, he dodges it, seemingly without moving a lot. He simply angles his body just enough that the kick goes wide, and responds with a lightning-quick jab of the sword towards Svetlana's waist.

"Eager, are we?"
    [Training Grounds]

Before Svetlana can respond to that, Wenomir mentions his desire to never deal with Magtok again, causing her to smirk knowingly, but remains silent. Right now, she's focused more on her impending fight than the leaders of AMEN. "I will follow."

She eagerly follows Wenomir to the training grounds and positions herself opposite him. Though the kick misses, she gets the information she desires from his deft dodging, and kicks back with the foot still on the ground with enough force to dodge the jab. "Of course, very much so, sensei." She responds, focusing on him and assuming her fighting stance. "There's someone we didn't mention, though. Harley Zorzo. Apparently she wasn't taken too seriously after announcing herself the leader of AMEN, and word is the current leader really doesn't like her. A shame, being a former leader of AMEN, since she's so pretty." She positions herself within striking distance, waiting to see if he'll take the chance so she can show off her evasive manouvers.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Succubus Hunt

Anika appears completely confused when Jezebel starts talking about the sky. Was she being a demon sky related? She didn't have wings... unless she could manifest them? She could totally see her with black wings. Still, if what Cessie said was true then she was the person who had helped them defeat the demons in Riverside. So maybe she was more like a demon hunter?

"So why do you have demon parts?" Anika gestures at Jezebel's tail.

"She's not a demon." The commander remarks sharply. "Like she said, she's had to explain this many times."

The druid gestures at Cessie. "Hey, I was just trying to save you! That's why I was 'bear-ing'. But I am sorry, ok?" She insists as the two women bear down on her.

Cessie closes her eyes for a moment and lets out a sigh. But instead of saying anything she simply gestures for them to follow until they've reached reached her office in the other barrack. "Well, Wenomir. To leave that behind us, do you accept Jezebel as a member of VIGIL? Since I suggest that her first positition will be to direct miss Sunfletcher among other new recruits." She gestures at Anika but is looking at him. "It should also be known that we've initiated a relationship, for full disclosure. Therefore, it would be inappropriate if I had too much to say about her position here. Instead, I'm going to leave all decisions regarding Lady Tel'vree in your hands. I am simply putting forth the request along with a couple of suggestions."

Anika raises an eyebrow as she looks between Jezebel and Cessie. Hadn't Wenomir said she was into guys? Suspicious! She still wanted to know about the demon parts. Felt like that deserved an explanation...[/COLOR]
    [Succubus Hunt]

Wenomir breathes out.

"I had little but sky to look at when I was a child. Hills on one side, river on the other, nothing but steppe beyond the river and sky above," he says in response to Jezebel's aside, before focusing on the topic at hand again. He's not sure how Cessie dragged Jezebel on the floor and why, but he's not going to ask. Some things must still remain secret. "Yes, I've put that together by now. Hell of a way to find out. And here I was assuring Anika you're the straightest woman in the world. I've already agreed to Jezebel joining and I uphold that decision. But I must ask what you mean by her directing Anika."

Succubus Hunted

Thankfully Jezebel can keep a straight face when Wenomir comments about how he'd assured Cessie was the straightest woman in the world. Instead she looks down as she curls her tail around to the front to look. "Your apology is accepted, Anika, do not worry. But where I am from, this would simply be considered a mutation. A physical embodiment of a genetic quirk or corruption of the soul. Given the nature of my past and how close I have become with the source of fell powers in my world, it is not surprising that something has finally manifested. At one point I had been a daemon, or at least as close as one can become without crossing the line, and I had such traits before. When they re-emerged, the display has simply taken the path of least resistance and taken a familiar appearance. Does that make sense now?" She asks before lowering her tail and following along with the others to the infirmary.

"That isn't to say that my nature hasn't changed from being human, but for the moment this is the best I can figure."

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Investigation]

"Are you going to be able to let it go?" Kirk grins. "I'd tell you if I could, but it's not my place to spread around. Sorry. Maybe I can take your mind off it?"

8. - Top - End - #1238

Succubus Hunted

While Jezebel might have a hard time keeping a straight face, Cessie can't hide her distain at that very same comment. Her eyes bore into Wenomir, having just had enough of his respecless attitude. While he might not have incited this he should have enough decency to not make jokes about the situation. Couldn't he tell she was already distressed regarding this whole situation? Sometimes he could just be utterly ignorant.
    "Was that supposed to be a jest regarding my sexual orientation, Wenomir?" She rethorically asks, her voice now completely drained of emotion.
    "Since I suggest we move past that." She pauses, though her tone keeps the same emotionless edge as she continues. "So to answer your question, I believe Jezebel will eventually be able to earn the rank of commander and I would suggest that she will get the opportunity to familiarise herself with our members and even command some of them. Her perfomance at the invasion, and many other occasions, should be enough proof that she has more experience with that than most people in VIGIL, wouldn't you say?" She ends on a somewhat softer note as other things are coming to mind.

Anika has been fairly quiet ever since Cessie spoke up. Even she can tell that the sorceress was pissed now and she had enough sense to not piss her off further in a situation like this.
    But eventually, as Cessie finishes, the druid speaks up again. "So you're like a half-demon then?" Very much like a demon hunter.
    She glances at Wenomir. "Would be odd to be commanded by someone like that. What do you think, Wen?"

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

[Succubus Hunted]

Wenomir gives Cessie a brief, irritated look. Well pardon him for trying to lighten the mood.

"I know what Jezebel has done and can do," he says. "She has led people before and I know she can do it here. Our people will just need to get to know her and learn to trust her." He looks to Anika. "What do you mean by 'odd', exactly?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ogre in the Playground

Succubus Hunted

"Probably something to that effect, yes."

Once they get to the infirmary, Jezebel lets the three talk among themselves as she starts rifling through the drawers and cabinets. As best as she knows, none of the three were exactly medically inclined. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, a set of fine-tip tweezers, a few bandages, duct tape, a mirror...

Duct tape?

With the others talking, she'll turn on as many bright lights as she can, all angled towards the medical cot, and she sits with her back to the mirror. "A bit worse than I thought." She admits, flexing her shoulder and back to see how long and deep the splinters might be before she does her prep work. Even if the others are too engrossed in their discussion to pay attention, they'll probably be snapped out of it when she rips off a length of duct tape and carefully folds over one end slightly to give her a better grip on that side. Then, watching the mirror carefully, she puts the tape over the splinters and pats it down before ripping it off from the bottom up. There hadn't been much blood before but there is certainly more now after that. But the results speak for itself as she lays the used tape down, showing that she's gotten the vast majority of the wood out.

"Anyone mind getting the rest?"
    She asks, holding up the tweezers.

11. - Top - End - #1241

Succubus Hunted

"You know, since she is part demon and we fight against demons? Just... odd, that's all." Anika shrugs. "We do have-"
    However, as Jezebel starts to rifle through the medical equipment Anika abruptly turns away from the others. "Hey! Are you crazy?!" A beat. "Of course you are! Getting stabbed in the chest and now exposing it like some painted target. Yeah, I heard about that." Anika is already grabbing one of the splinters by hand and pulling it out of Jezzy's back before realizing what the tweezers could be used for.
    "I've been on the opposite end you know. Trying to keep people like you alive despite your best efforts not to." Kind of a hypocritical statement coming from Anika.
    But as she speaks she keeps pulling out splinters and will in addition cast some kind of spell on Jezebel with a touch that causes the splinter-free wounds to start healing as she's removing them. "You're not one of those half-demons that go into battle with only a chest-wrap are you? Since of course that'll get you stabbed you darn fool." She continues making her version of small talk. Hoping that Jezebel will focus on her voice rather than the pain as the splinters are removed one by one.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Wenomir closes his distance to Svetlana at a slow, almost leisurely pace, which suddenly becomes a lightning-quick burst of motion without warning. His training sword traces a blurry line towards the woman's midsection, then pulls back and aims a thrust at her shoulder.

"Harley Zorzo? I think I remember the name. But she didn't stick around for long, nor was she taken seriously, like you said."

[Succubus Hunted]

Wenomir shrugs.

"She was, or is, a different kind of demon. There's many things on different worlds using that name and there're not always related. The Cuthun vermin are different from most kinds of demon."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-10-20 at 02:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

Succubus Hunted

"I actually had armor. It just melted off by a necromancer before I got stabbed. It had been very expensive armor as well. I even commissioned it from...well, it doesn't matter now I suppose." Jezebel says with a sigh, not even flinching as Anika works on her shoulder. "But this does remind me. I'm going to be releasing the pixie soon. There's nothing more we can really learn from her without causing the curse to kill her and trust me when I say torture won't work."

14. - Top - End - #1244

Succubus Hunted

"Melted off your armor? And here I thought necro's weren't into living people. Guess you found the exception, maybe-"

Cessie now clears her voice loudly. "Are you done now, miss Sunfletcher? I am glad that you're performing your duties well, so you have my thanks for that."

Anika gives Jezebel a pat on the back like a mechanic would pat an car they just had fixed. "Oh yeah, almost all done now. She'll be as good as new, ready to-" Anika for once stops herself before going too far with that joke. "Erm, the pixie? What pixie?" Seems like Anika has forgotten despite being right there at her capture.

"What did she tell you?" Cessie asks softly, quite pleased that Jezebel wouldn't go to such barbaric means of interrogation.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Wenomir looks at Arkant for a moment, his expression difficult to read.

"Follow me, then."

He leads Arkant towards the commanders' village, away from the Vigil recruit.

"What is it?"

Arkant himself remains calm while following.

"A few days ago my people have been attacked. A group of orcs appeared on some crowded places and a music played by a saty woman. Those orcs are defnitly from the slavers, while the satyr person appears from someone else. I caught the name Helios, but I couldn't find any references, maybe you do?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

[Succubus Hunted

"The pixie necromancer that sent those monsters at us and delivered the clothes-melting gas," Wenomir says, an ugly frown of severe contempt shifting the scars on his face. "She was a lot less mouthy and confident once she'd been captured. Pitiful."

[Commanders' Village]

Wenomir shakes his head.

"I've never heard the name. What was the satyr woman doing? Controlling the orcs with her music?"
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-10-24 at 08:34 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Investigation]

"Are you going to be able to let it go?" Kirk grins. "I'd tell you if I could, but it's not my place to spread around. Sorry. Maybe I can take your mind off it?"
    [Investigation]

Anika grins back. "Of course I can. Not that I'd mind a distraction, depending on what it is of course." She eyes Kirk curiously.

18. - Top - End - #1248

[Commanders' Village]

Wenomir shakes his head.

"I've never heard the name. What was the satyr woman doing? Controlling the orcs with her music?"
    [Commanders' Village]

"Hmm intressting." he replies as he seems to look into the distance. It appears this person was at least skilled enougth to hide himself from them. Wenomirs reaction tells him he doesn't to even try lying.

"No. Those Orcs reacted on their own. I didn't sense any enchantment on them." he says shaking the head. "I rather assume she worked for them as a supporting unit. She has been hiding in a high spots. There she played her music which confused people down there. The Orcs then picked those people and beat them. Only a few people are missing so they might have been searching for someone. They switched places which made it harder to react.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Investigation]

Anika grins back. "Of course I can. Not that I'd mind a distraction, depending on what it is of course." She eyes Kirk curiously.
    [Investigation]

"I recall I promised to split that bottle of wine with you. If you're still interested, I have a place in the city we could meet." The drow offers. "I'd love to get to know you better." He adds, his voice laden with suggestion.

20. - Top - End - #1250

[Dumb Loner going for a walk]

Being called a little gross weirdo doesn't stop the fox from doing anything. In fact, combined with the nuzzling, it seems to only encourage him to do more.

"Wait - !"
    Awen abruptly takes a step back to prevent Violet from touching them. At the same time, the snakes turn to face Violet and start hissing at her, with their fangs bare. "They're venomous." They even have sharp teeth to inject venom, and everything. But wait. What if Violet already saw that and she's immune to venom? It could work.
    Plus, if all else fails, Awen could remove the venom herself; all she'd need is another person to pass it to.
    Okay, maybe it's not all that bad.
    She relaxes and lets the pony touch her hair, if she wants. It's just hair that can move on its own, and snakes.

Awen returns to an earlier statement Violet said: "N-no, they didn't 'just move in'. My hair just...knotted clumped together one day and turned into a snake. Weird, I know, but if you pull on them it still hurts." So...yeah, actually, kind-of medusa-like. Scaly snakes, but black. Except also with actual hair mixed in, too, and the regular hair can move on its own for some reason and is actually pretty strong.

[Training Grounds]

Why is she being brought up? That's...why? She doesn't want this to continue, but maybe it's to distract in the fight. She likes to do that. From what Holly the Half-ElfTM remembers of Wenomir, however, just talking doesn't seem like it affects him unless you let him know something that makes him mad. Calling someone pretty doesn't seem like it'd work on him but maybe Svetlana is just testing out the waters to see what sort of thing causes Wenomir to react. After all, Svetlana hasn't actually fought him before so she wouldn't know his fighting style or his triggers.

The half-human watches the match, trying to learn both of their fighting moves and imagines how she would deal with them. She notes that Wenomir's not using his fancy phasing-weapon, whatever it was called. If he's using just a normal weapon like now, Holly could probably take a couple hits from him, but if he had his other weapon she'd have to dodge. She does not want to feel that weird numbing again. With Svetlana's kicks and strikes, Holly could probably use them to set up some feints or counterattacks. That super-quick burst attack from Wenomir? Holly would have to watch out for it using either better range or just be prepared for it, because it seriously looks like it would hurt if it hit, and it'd be hard to avoid.

But...oh, good, he seems - or at least, is pretending to - not remember her. Of course, that doesn't stop them from looking her up on the filing system later. So, regardless, Holly has to deflect the conversation again.

But, seriously? Calling Harley pretty? Not only does Holly consider that to be factually false - shapeshifters can't be pretty due to their nature, and those scars on her face that Holly has carefully covered say otherwise (Sure, scars look hot on someone like Wenomir, but that's not who she is) - but this really makes Holly think Svetlana is some kind of sadistic pervert. She hates any kind of criminal enough to kill on sight, and especially AMEN, and she somehow finds that pretty?
    Holly shivers, imagining what would happen if Svetlana ever finds out.

Holly then remembers that she wanted to deflect the conversation. Good, this will keep these images out of her mind. "That Harley's just like Adel. You know, that candy vampire guy?" Appeared in AMEN, became leader, then just disappeared afterwards. "The one who was her successor." More like publicly humiliated her while she was still sick and recovering from Watchtower's attack, and then claimed to be the new leader.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-10-26 at 12:08 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Succubus Hunted

"Her name is Lumine. And she's actually quite pleasant company, though I suppose you want to know everything relevant to your mission here."
    Jezebel supposes as she shrugs the remains of her dress back upon her shoulder and flexes it to get a feel for how it is mending. "That's quite good, thank you Anika. And remember, Lumine is under a curse. If she spoke of anything too detailed or sensitive, she would be killed. All cryptic wording aside, what I was able to learn is a few things of note. First, as to her employer, as we know is that the person is in Skyside and influential. The nature of that influence is up to debate, however we have something worse to deal with." She says with a grim expression. "The person was paid with demonic essence. A large quantity of it. Enough that I've already gotten a few of my people prepping to head to Skyside and Groundtown to make sure their water supplies are safe, though at this point if the plan was to infect the populace wholesale there'd be nothing that we could do about it. A fair portion also got delivered to somewhere off the coast, though Lumine did not know where or could not say."

22. - Top - End - #1252

Succubus Hunted

Cessie looks rather skeptical at the notion that the pixie's company would be 'pleasant'. "She destroyed your armor and then treated you like an sex-object, Jezebel." A beat. "So she must be a great deal more pleasant in private for you to say so." Cessie positions herself in front of the back of Jezebel's dress in a protective manner as if somehow trying to protect Jezebel's decency, which is a rather laughable idea.

However, once Jezebel mentions the demon essence she seems to give up on the idea of shielding the others 'innocent eyes' from Jezebel's mostly naked back which they already seen for quite a while now.

"No, turning people of skyside into demons... it does not fit with anything they've done before, right? From what I can tell, they've not attempt to infect people with that thing for quite a while. It must be for something else." A beat. "Right?" She looks at the others.

Anika shrugs, not looking quite as concerned as the sorceress. "We did detect that KABAL drugs had demon stuff in them. That's what I found out while working with MERC in skyside at least. I gave you a report of that and everything."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

[Succubus Hunted]

"I despise cowards who are confident and mocking when safe and then crumple like wet paper whenever they're confronted and lose the upper hand," Wenomir says, contempt hanging off is words like ice. "And that would suggest the pixie or her employer are KABAL. Allying with the Cuthun demons is a new low even for them. Though I don't know why KABAL would try to sneak it into people through drugs. That might be a job from the demons, but not something they'd do with their payment."
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-10-26 at 05:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Barbarian in the Playground

Violet jerks her hoof back with a scowl at the snakes. Hey, buckin'... chill! I just wanna touch you, you weirdos. She tells the snakes. Hey get your hair snakes to calm down. Violet tells Awen, reaching out again to try to touch them - although if they keep hissing at her she's not going to get any closer. Celestia you really should comb your hair. She adds.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

[Commanders' Village]

Wenomir's expression is difficult to read, but it seems he doesn't know what to make of all this.

"Strange. I can't imagine what they might have been trying to accomplish, just picking people from a crowd in Skyside."

26. - Top - End - #1256

[Dumb loner going for a walk]

Awen thinks the snakes act entirely independent to her will.
    She is, of course, incorrect. They acted that way because she was nervous and worried about letting someone touch them.
    Because of her mistaken belief, however, she is really surprised when they manage to calm down shortly after Violet tells them to. No more hissing, and the snakes relax and lie in the hair. Thus, Violet's able to touch them.

"Hey, how'd you do that?" the witch asks.

...She starts to feel awkward, though. Honestly, this is the first time she's let somebody do this. "...You're right. I need to find a specialized brush or something." And find a way to keep it from getting all awful and messed again. At this point, just chopping it all off and starting over again probably is the easiest solution. "But, anyway, where were you headed? I don't think I asked."

The fox, getting jealous because he's now being ignored in favor of scaley bois, decides he wants to get down and starts struggling so he can get away. There's no point in being pet if you're not receiving 100% of their attention.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

Succubus Hunted

"I think you forget the sort of folk I've hung around with for the longest time. I wouldn't exactly call them refined."
    Jezebel says with a bit of a smile. "But there is also a great deal of difference between being arrogant on the field of battle and then finding yourself enchained with a executioner's sword hanging above your head. It tends to put things into perspective." She gets off the medical cot, shrugging her shoulders once more to flex the scraped one. "I don't know much of KABAL apart from name and reputation. But if they're peddling in demon-tainted drugs, then they don't have much in Riverside. My people have enough contact with that sort of vice that they would see something on the markets. Either that or the Gardens and my Masks are being specifically avoided." She reasons.

"Regardless, once I return I'll release the pixie in the morning. Her boss might kill her but I imagine she'll be grateful for the freedom anyway."

Early Morning Training

Hopefully no one who sleeps near the training grounds is expecting a restful morning as the sound of a pair of very large and very angry chainsaws roars through the morning. Jezebel, dressed in gym shorts and a tank top, seems to be quite busy. She's armed as she usually is with her Eviscerator, but today seems to be a special occasion as she has TWO Eviscerators! Each seems to be fitted with magnetic clamps on the back to match the set on her back as well in order to act as sheathes. She's facing a flickering image of something akin to an orc, albeit much larger and much more heavily muscled. Jezebel was a tall and strong woman at six feet in height, but she's dwarfed by the eight-foot greenskin. Those who know her well will see that the Eviscerator she's using to block the Ork Boy's massive cleaver is her favored and glorious silver one. The greenskin's weapon had come down to try and bisect her from her shoulder down, but Jezebel got her own blade propped up on her shoulder to catch it. The engine in her blade whines as it tries to fight back, and as she's forced lower by the creature's great weight she reaches back, snags the grip of her second Eviscerator, and sweeps it around. There's a horrible scream as the black metal bites into the dense greenskin flesh. The projection flickers as it unleashes a mighty WAAAAAAAAUGH but as soon as the lethal blow is fully delivered, it deactivates, giving Jezebel a moment to catch her breath.

Next to her is a small table set up with towels, water, and the controls for the projection system. With the warmup finished, she goes to the table, takes a drink, and then lays both her weapons on it in order to make minute tweaks to them using sets of tools to tighten the chassis, loosen the chain slightly, and to make sure that both are well oiled. In the middle of it all she wipes her face with her towel and turns on some music. The music is certainly loud and possibly obnoxious, but she's wearing earplugs to help so anyone with complaints will have to get her attention first.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Early Morning Training

There’s a small, colorful bird watching the proceedings. Very colorful indeed, with extremely long feathers trailing from the top of its head like enormous eyebrows.
    It says something, but it’s impossible to hear with the earplugs, so it flutters down to the table and lets a number of glowing letters spill out from its wings as if pulling them from under a cloak.
    VERY LOUD, BUT EFFECTIVE. YOUR SWORD IS VERY NICE AND SHINY.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Orc in the Playground

Early Morning Training

Another bird is also watching, not as colourful as the first. It's a dull yellow bird, about pigeon-sized, with a vertical crest of feathers atop its head, orange tipped with black, and black-and-white bands on its wings. The beak is long and curves down.

The hoopoe sits on a nearby roof, watching and pretending it's an ordinary bird.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #1260

Succubus Hunted

"I know your past, Jezz but I also know that you deserve much better than your past and I don't want to give you anything less than you deserve from now on." Cessie insists. "But KABAL are essentially a far worse MERC. They have attacked VIGIL in the past and we have more than one reason of suspecting them working alongside the demons so they're definitely our enemy here. I think we need to start looking exactly what sort of plans they have. We don't usually save places like skyside but this might be something bigger than that."

"I'm always up for kicking their asses. They didn't even give me much of a fight last time. I can do it, easily" Anika claims.

Early Morning Training

Cessie is going to watch Jezebel's training... from a distance. She wasn't going to interfere with it. Especially as it looked like there were others that wanted some of her girlfriends time.