New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: I not longer know who am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    The comment it self wasn't anything important. In fact I'm almost surten it was meant as a joke. Yet it got me thinking. It was first time when I thought I maybe a girl and that's not just me being stupid.

Anyways it a bit of a long story and nessesry one I like to tell. We been tougher at the time and there was an injoke between us when I would call her gay at almost anything that would suggest she might be. So yeah, maybe that clears up few things.
    There is some logic in that if you are a couple and you accuse her of being gay, then you must be a girl. I can see where the comment is coming from.

As I said, none of us can judge your gender identity for you. If a comment got you thinking about it, then that is fine. I was worried that you put too much weight on the comment itself, which you shouldn't do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Blue text for sarcasm is an important writing tool. Everybody should use it when they are saying something clearly false.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I dunno if this really means anything. It could, but I don't know. I play a lot of roleplaying games (around 4 a week) and all my characters tend to be old men. To the point were my friends all call me Grandpa. I'm completely fine with my gender, I just like the old man who is also a badass archetype a lot.

The comment "none of us can judge your gender identity for you" is the best advice for you. Do some soul searching if you have some confusion. At end of the day though, gender identity is only one part of who you are. A fairly small part of most people's self-identification. That being said, presentation is only one part of a meal, and a fairly small part for most people. I still won't be eating food that looks rotten and burnt.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

One thing that can sometimes help with stuff like this is keeping diary/journal. Keeping a record of your thoughts means you can go back over them later and gives you both inside and outside perspectives on a feeling/situation.

You can also use it as a starting point for experiments too. "Today I did XYZ and it made me feel masculine/feminine/etc and I liked/disliked the feeling. Do enough bits like that and you'll find your answers.

Also, I know people here have been dismissive about the idea of talking with a therapist/counsellor but it did help me out when I was in a rough place. Therapy can be very challenging/upsetting, so take your time with finding a therapist that you feel safe with. In the US, and other countries, a person can call themselves a therapist without having any actual training, so be careful.

You are always you and can choose who you want to be. The nicest thing is that you can always change your mind, because its your mind to change.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Also, I know people here have been dismissive about the idea of talking with a therapist/counsellor but it did help me out when I was in a rough place. Therapy can be very challenging/upsetting, so take your time with finding a therapist that you feel safe with. In the US, and other countries, a person can call themselves a therapist without having any actual training, so be careful.
    This is very good advice. Remember trust is vital as a good therapist ( like a good doctor) will tell you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    You are always you and can choose who you want to be. The nicest thing is that you can always change your mind, because its your mind to change.
    Yeeees and no. Separately your gender from your sex has real world consequences and is not accepted outside of a very few places where gender fluid populations already exist. While returning to your true gender is easier ; people do not forget the changes and will treat you accordingly. That is not simple to undo.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    Yeeees and no. Separately your gender from your sex has real world consequences and is not accepted outside of a very few places where gender fluid populations already exist. While returning to your true gender is easier ; people do not forget the changes and will treat you accordingly. That is not simple to undo.
    Making a big production out of any part of your identity gets sticky if you have to walk it back shortly thereafter. That's why I strongly suggest not making a big coming out production until you're extra super sure. This applies if you're trans, bi, exploring a new religion, or even switching careers.

Exploring a concept space, be it genderspace or whatever else, is something people are encouraged to do in safe environments. Sometimes this gets tricky when it involves other people. (Exploring one's sexuality, for instance, often includes bringing in other people as partners.) Exploring genderspace doesn't somehow hurt or set back trans people.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Plus, there are several layers, and people get confused because the layers do not necessarily correlate. I've always been a tomboy. I wouldn't know what to do with a doll if you handed me one. They seem kind of silly. I still don't have the slightest idea what people mean when they talk about "feeling feminine". I just know that when I act like myself, people tell me I am acting feminine, that if there is testosterone in my blood I get kind of sick and messed up in the head, that when people call me 'him' or 'sir' I feel insulted, and if my voice drops below a certain pitch I don't recognize it anymore and don't want to talk to anyone.
    "We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave us medals declaring us 'The nicest of the damned'.."
    - They Might Be Giants, "Road Movie To Berlin"

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    I'm having a slight identity crisis right now and I could really some advice.

First of all, I was assigned male at birth and for a long time I didn't thought to question it. Then I discovered replaying and I found myself plays as both binder genders, not really realizing LGBT+ is a thing. That evolved into being ambiguous online altogether. Yet still didn't thought of myself as anything but sic male, even after later discovering LGBT+.

Everything changed when I was talking to my friend Lina, in between jokes she said something along the lines of “if that truth then you must be a girl” and that really stuck with me. I realized while my roleplay start with me playing make character slightly more often by this point I was playing girls nearly exclusively. Needless to say I was quite happy to be a girl when with Lina and online, irl I wasn't quite comfortable coming out. Yet over time I ended up being very uncomfortable being a guy all the time.

I came out to few of my friends as fluid and that was a relive. I especially remember what one of them said. “I noticed you lately have been looking… different”. It's essentially where I have been lately. Slowly trying to figure how I feel about everything and trying out feminine things.

Yet resonantly I began questioning myself and where or not it is all right. I began feeling that fluid was just be not fully accepting I could be trans and at the same time it might been more often deiger to be different and why would I make life more difficult more myself. Hopefully that's not too confusing.
    I don't know how much advice I have for this, because anywhere to go is going to be a deep dive into you in particular, but I'll share a very abbreviated version of my own story.

I lived in an older, socially conservative place, and I didn't know that trans was a thing, much less the new comfortable non-binary possibilities. Like you, I was a girl in rpgs (table top for me, looks you went for computers, but I'm ancient). I involved myself in stage acting (make-up at least, sometimes more. Thanks M. Butterfly), costume parties, themed dances . . . anywhere I could play it off as just the activity, not the identity.

And then pride festivals in foreign places. I could be a girl there and blend in even if I wasn't actually trans! (I'm very stupid)

That's where I think your story lands. When you started to accept, and even desire, the ambiguity.

Try it. Try a scary thing. The next step. Your answer lies over that way, and you are the only persons opinion that matters.