The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 480
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Yeah, let's check out the other inn. Rebecca lets out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "Wonderful. Lets get rooms and then see our contacts. I'm not seeing anything unusual."
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The group heads to the Goat's Head Inn.

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    On the way, Caspar offers the question, "Do you suppose we can pay for our stay with a song or two?"
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    As you head towards the grubby building, you hear the sounds of fisticuffs from inside. As you approach, the doors to the bar are flung open and a large-half orc man who Elmir and Glim recognize is thrown from the interior of the Goat's Head. The halfling barkeep stands furiously in the doorframe. "AN' STAY OUT!" he roars, slamming the doors shut as the half orc slowly and painfully stands up, picking up his pick (now in the dirt alongside him) and shoves past you without a word. Sounds of a barfight continue to echo from the squat building.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "I think we may have drawn bit too much attention already. Paying with song might make that worse." Glim pauses. "On the other hand we are a group of traveling musicians. Not playing any songs might be even more conspicuous. I say we give it a go."

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    As the half orc passes her by, Faye gives him an encouring nod and a sympathetic smile. She then turns to Glim:

    "I agree. Let's offer our trade for shelter there."

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Rebecca moves to intercede with the bar fight she can clearly hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Caspar follows Rebecca, more out of curiousity than out of a desire to intervene. The thoughts of the last time he stepped into a fight were still on his tired mind. Should she decide to enter the fray herself, he would stay back and attempt to support her any way he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    As the party heads inside, Elmir brings up the rear. He turns to keep an eye on the half orc.

    Spoiler: Information
    Show
    I'm assuming the half orc is walking off. If that's incorrect, I'm hoping Elmir sees what he's doing?
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Glim goes inside with the rest, subtly glancing around and hoping to avoid attracting undue attention.

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    You all enter amidst a raging brawl. Everyone is in fierce and unflinching combat with each other, faces contorted in hatred and red with effort. A metal mug clashes against the far wall. As you enter, you manage to slip between the flying limbs and make your way to the bar, standing upon which is the same grizzled halfling, keeping a human woman away from the cash reserves with the help of a beaten stool. He looks slightly preoccupied, not noticing your presence.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Once Elmir enters behind the party, he takes a look around. Eventually, he strides up to the halfling, and tries between the human woman and the cash reserves.
    He turns to the halfling, "hello. A moment of your time?"
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Glim follows Elmir, doing his best to stay out of the way of any brawlers.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The halfling glares at you. "You again. Whaddya want?" he says, not breaking focus from the woman so desperately trying to grab the cash reserves.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Caspar attempts to distract the woman at least for a few moments by conjuring the sound of coins clattering to the floor behind her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Minor Illusion
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The woman makes a mad dive behind her, being swept into the fray. The halfling looks at you and offers a slight nod. Something tells you that's all the thanks you'll get.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Elmir nods at Glim, before turning back to the halfling. "We were wondering about getting a few rooms. Are you the one to speak to about that?"
    Last edited by sandmote; 2019-01-29 at 01:36 PM.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Inside the tavern, Faye is still standing close to the entrance and observes the brawl with some concern. Probably not everyone is in this melee by choice, and some might be looking for help to escape it. Faye watches out for anyone in trouble.

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The halfling looks at Elmir. "Yeah, I be the one, but I can't help ya 'till this mess gets cleaned up!" He gesticulates wildly at the crowd brawling ahead.

    As Faye looks, she has a hard time looking through all of the people gleefully throwing punches and kicks at each other. Make a Perception check.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    As she looks around, Faye stiffles a yawn. Definitely time to take a rest soon.

    Spoiler: Perception check
    Show

    (1d20+4)[20] (1d20+4)[13] (disadvantage due to exhaustion)
    Last edited by Rogue227; 2019-02-02 at 12:28 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Oy! Stop this immediately! Rebecca shouted out to the warring room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "Thank you for letting us know." Elmir then turns away, and glances around the room, looking for any areas with particularly many people fighting, and areas with few people going at it.

    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+5)[10] and (1d20+5)[17], whichever is lower
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Unsure how to help calm the fight for now, Caspar asks, "What happened that exploded into this situation? I assume this isn't normal for your clientele."
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2019-02-02 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The halfling looks to Caspar. "Unfortunately, it is. Fights just sort of start sometimes, ya know? I think this time, Ulrich," he makes a head nod at a dwarf wildly swinging a barstool at a mob of enraged tavern-goers, "got in a tizzy wit' Jameson," as he gestures to a human out cold, slumped against a wall, coated in a thin layer of mead.

    Rebecca shouts, but doesn't manage to capture the ears of the crowd. You're going to have to try something more creative than that!

    As Faye looks around, she can't see anybody caught in the fray who doesn't appear to be willingly trading blows. they seem to have evacuated promptly after the scuffle started.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Rebecca will start banging her cooking pot on the table, to try and produce more noise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    sandmote's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    US
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Elmir holds his hand out to half Rebecca, but then decides to let her continue. "Sorry about any damage" he says, and casts.

    Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Elmir casts Entangle around Ulrich and whoever he's fighting now. DC 13 strength save. I've no idea how many targets this is.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

    Latest Homebrew: The Silencing Blade & the Professor Explorer, a nutty artificer.

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    A few people begin to take notice as Rebecca bangs her cooking pot, stopping their fisticuffs, but it's not quite enough to stop the brawl altogether for more than a brief moment. However, you think it's going to get significantly harder to stop the brawl when a massive tangle of greenery explodes from under the floorboards, sending splinters of wood around the room. These squirming masses of vines entwine around Ulrich and the three people he's in the process of giving a deep-tissue face massage to.

    Spoiler: Rolling dice
    Show
    (1d20+2)[15] Ulrich
    (1d20+1)[8] Goon Alpha
    (1d20+1)[4] Goon 2
    (1d20+1)[18] Goon C


    Two of the four are wrapped up, but Ulrich and one of the brawlers evade with speed. Ulrich grins and uses the opportunity to take a blow at the restrained goons. A tooth flies out of one of their mouths.
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-02-07 at 09:45 AM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    WhismurWanders's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Caspar frowns as this 'Ulrich' character seems determined to keep swinging even though the fight was being brought to a close. He approaches the dwarven man with a fiery look in his eyes. He concentrated his magic, and his voice takes on a commanding, otherworldly tone. "I think it's about time you stopped this nonsense."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Hypnotic Gaze on Ulrich; He must make a DC 12 Wisdom save or be incapacitated, charmed, and have his speed drop to 0.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Spoiler: nASTy boRiNg diCE rOLLs
    Show
    (1d20-1)[3]


    As you approach Ulrich and extend your hand, a small wave of purple energy washes over his stout and red face. He immediately slumps to your motion, falling into a stupor. The goons not entrapped in vines grumble about how the magic wasn't fair and robbed them of a victory. The fight has quieted down a bit since your efforts began, but there's still some brawling going on.
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-02-08 at 04:59 PM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •