New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

Glim casts sleep on the remaining brawlers.

Spoiler
    Show
    (5d8)[29] HP worth of sleepytime.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the fighting abates, Faye climbs the bar next to the halfling. She turns to face the brawl and starts to speak, keeping out a watchful eye for any tankards or shoes hurled at her from below.

"Sorry to interrupt the merry threshing!"

She brushes a streak of hair out of her face.

"See, we've just arrived in your homey town. A perilous journey and a night without sleep lie behind us. So, we would love to lodge here and get some hours of well-deserved rest. Unfortunately, this kindly sir" - she points to the innkeeper - "feels incapable of accomodating us as long as his place is razed to the ground. Please, relocate any unresolved disagreements outside. Thank you!"

She gives the audience an innocent look and her brightest smile as she awaits their reactions.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

As Faye and Rebecca appeal to the crowd, now more open to hearing the two ladies, the small mage wiggles his fingers as 5 of the brawlers slump to the floor. The remaining look about at the mess, then up at you, then quickly rush to leave the tavern with haste, leaving you with unconscious and slumbering brawlers all around and two massive holes in the aged darkwood floor, from which spring massive tangles of vines.

The halfling grumbles. "Now I have to clean up this mess," he grouses, holding out a gnarled hand. You see on a chalkboard above that a night's stay is 7 silver. "Ye'll need 4 rooms, looks like."
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing the fight is winding down, Elmir drops his concentration, causing the plants to wilt away.

"Again, sorry about that." He shows 7 silver, "Paying per day alright?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Colossus in the Playground

Rebecca sighs in relief.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim pays for his room. "Let's have some dinner, then chat in one of our rooms." Glim suggests.

7. - Top - End - #247

The halfing snatches up your money and unceremoniously tosses keys to everyone that paid. "One room c'n house two, if needed."
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faye hops down from the counter and looks after the folks who exited the tavern in a hurry. "Left me no time to announce our show..."

Shrugging her shoulders, she turns to Rebecca: "We could share a room if you like." As she then puts out some coin to pay for the night, she waves at the tap room turned upside down: "Need a hand with this?"

9. - Top - End - #249

"I'll give ya a free mug o' ale if ya help me," grunts the halfling to Faye.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

With the fight over, Caspar turns to Ulrich, still dazed, and gives him instructions to follow. "I believe you've had plenty of physical amusement for one evening. Why don't you find your way home and sleep it off?" He then releases the magical hold, his voice returning to normal as he fishes out two gold coins for the unfortunate halfling. "For my room, and for some of your troubles, Mister Innkeeper." He awaits a response to Faye's question, not wanting to make themselves perhaps more unwelcome than they just had.

Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion to convince Ulrich to go home; (1d20+2)[17] or (1d20+2)[5]
    Ending Hypnotic Gaze
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2019-02-14 at 12:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, then I suppose we should head up to our rooms." Elmir looks back around the room.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faye beams at the halfling. "Deal!" Though she could well use a snatch of sleep after the efforts of the journey, she feels happy to make up for the landlord's troubles.

She rolls up her sleeves and gets to work.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Maybe Faye can pick up some town gossip while helping the halfling with cleaning up the taproom.
    Not sure if it's worth to act this out, though. I really don't want to stall the party too long.

After the work is done, Faye will have a beer with the halfling and then join the others upstairs/take a rest as well.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Faye get to work, Elmir sighs. He uses each of his fey energy dice to heal an unconscious person in the room, and (after making sure they aren't going to start the fighting again) helps Faye.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Elmir isn't assuming he'll get a mug, but he certainly wants the work done sooner.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Seeing the others cleaning the bar, Glim decides to assist with repeated uses of prestidigitation and mending.

15. - Top - End - #255

Glim and Faye work at repairing the tavern, and after a couple hours of work, the signs of damage are barely noticeable. You are rewarded with some cheap ale, which you drink before heading up to meet your companions, who are situated in their rooms and currently sitting on the floor in a tight semicircle. The rooms are small, cramped, dirty, and exactly what you'd expect for cheap in a tiny town. As Faye and Glim sit down, the conversation begins on the next course of action.
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-02-26 at 01:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Well, the reports we heard mentioned happenings in the night. Trouble is, we all didn't get much sleep last night, which might put a damper on our stakeout. Still, we could each stay up for two hours at a time and keep an eye out our window. If whoever's awake see something, they could follow without engaging and try to see what they do and where they go." Glim says quickly and excitedly, then finally pauses to breathe.

"Also we, that is Elmir and I. learned that the villagers here aren't fond of outsiders, and they also have some sort of issue with the elves of an umbrella... That's not right, the elves of Aaranumbral. Not sure whether this has anything to do with the cult."

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

"The temple did not seem out of the ordinary. If there is a cult present, then they have not yet been so bold as to make their presence obvious. I take this to be a good sign."

He nodded at the idea of setting up a watch. "It would be best to get as much sleep as we can tonight."
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Elmir has pulled his pelt out by now, which hands limply off his body. He nods in agreement. "I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in the marketplace." Glancing at the door, he continues, "although one of those upset with elves was leaving the tavern as we walked up. Anyone want the first shift, or may I have it?"

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"You can take first, I'll take second."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Colossus in the Playground

I'll take the second. Rebecca let out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll take the last watch then," Faye yawns.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar makes sure to thank each of them for volunteering. He would have offered had he spoken quicker, but he wasn't about to give up a full night's sleep either. If there was nothing else to be discussed, the Aasimar would seek solitude in his room while working on some magical formulae he had been puzzling over the past few weeks.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim heads off to his room to get some sleep before his watch begins.

24. - Top - End - #264

As you retreat into your rooms, Elmir takes watch, vigilantly keeping an eye on the claustrophobic hallway your rooms are all adjacent to. One grubby window sits at the end of the hall illuminated by a sooty and dim lamp, showing a cloudy view of the courtyard below. Elmir keeps watch for the first couple of hours, but even the elf grows weary as he goes to wake up the gnome arcanist.

Glim is up second, and he stands on his tiptoes to look out the window into the dark and unlit courtyard. He entertains himself with simple magical incantations that produce sparks and trinkets until he hears something peculiar in the square. As he goes to the window, he looks out to see two figures in cloaks slinking across the square carrying a hooded lantern. They move with a grace that's not human, but definitely humanoid. The pair are coming across the square to the Goat's Head. Those are all the details you can make out at this distance in this light.

How do you react?

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim leaves his room and stealthy moves to wherever he can find a better vantage point while still allowing him to hide.

26. - Top - End - #266

You are keeping watch in the hallway between rooms, and your position at the window would be a perfect description of the place you would want to move to. Would you like to stay in that position, or make another move knowing that you're relatively hidden still?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim will stay at the window and watch while using a mage hand to wake the rest of the party by knocking on their doors, trying to do so just loud enough to wake them and no louder.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lying in bed with her eyes open, Faye listens into the darkness. Had there been a knock on the the door, or had she been just dreaming?

After pondering for a moment, she silently slips out of bed and tiptoes to the bedroom door. Pressing her ear against the wood, she listens for any sounds from the hallway.

Spoiler: Perception check
    Show

(1d20+4)[9]
    (1d20+4)[9] if disadvantage due to exhaustion still applies

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar awakens from the knocking at his door. Cautious, in case some drunken dwarf had decided to revisit the topic of slamming heads together, he approaches slowly on his tiptoes, fingers already curling with small droplets of ice as he prepares a small spell for self-defense. He opens the door just a crack, and peers into the dark as best he can.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Already awake, Elmir stands up, stretches, and glides to the door. "What's the alarm for," he whispers, half vanishing into the pelt.