The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Results 391 to 405 of 405
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Whoever stands there in front of Vigil appears to be far enougth inside the base to avoid Raven. I also assume there are new henchman looking at the door since they know she is in there and get intel via cameras where she looks at.

    The pillars appear more stable then Anika. They appear to be part of the ground without any sign of be different parts of it, what is strange. Still she can manage to break them, but maybe that was the plan all along? As she slams her weight against the stones, a small pillar of the size of a hand dodges her weight and aims for the rope they use to bind 'Illophen' on her back. A monment befor it will be close it's shape changes to a blade which should cut right through the rope/betsheed.

    Wenomir sure manages to split one pillar in halv, but there are more in his way. Strangly those appear weaker like they aren't controlled like the one befor and just gro thrown at the swordsmen.

    Adir would just see a bit clearer that there is a man standing in front of them close to the exit. His suit makes it a bit hard to spot with the bare eye and the thermal vision helps, but if he tries to shoot him he might feel the danger when something shoots right at his weapon trying to disarm him or at least damage the weapon.

    Those who got vision of the man see that he focuses on something and he pulls out two tin cans which he pulls a trigger off and lazyly throws in front of himself.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Raven pulls her head back and tsks. Too far, huh? She glances at the rifle she pilfered earlier, staring at it and taking in its shape and weight. Shame she doesn't know how to use the darn thing. If she tried, she'd be much more likely to hurt herself or the wrong people. Same with grenades in this position. So she seems stuck there.

    That doesn't sit well with Raven, so she whirls suddenly into the doorway, arm drawn back and hurls the rifle through the air like a makeshift spear with such force and speed that it whistles loudly through the air. The gun is aimed at his lower back and doesn't seem to have any trouble with accuracy despite the logistics of such a throw and the man's camouflage. Raven doesn't linger the half-second to see if it hits, darting to the other side of the doorway once the weapon is loosed. But she would be exceptionally happy if it broke the man's spine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Anika is completely unaware that anything is trying to cut 'Ilpholin' loose as she is completely focused on getting through the pillars. Bashing through rock isn't exactly easy and not exactly comfortable either.
    But she isn't going to let anything stop her, she had to keep up her speed to be able to rush through it all. But if the stone pillars don't manage to stop her, then this dude in front of the entrance wouldn't either. She's going to rush right over him with all her bearittude.

  4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Instead of hacking away futilely, Wenomir tries to advance in front of Anika, smashing his axe into the rocks to make them easier for her to break through. They're too close to the exit to get bogged down now.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  5. - Top - End - #395
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Adir raises his heavy weapon... but thinks better of it, and starts to belt off blasts of lead at the pillars instead of at the half-glimpsed enemy. Essentially aiding Wenomir's efforts. Though he does notice those canisters being tossed out... and presumably they're quite visible.

    "Heads up! Grenades!" He roars between shots, talking over the chak-chak of his weapon. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but he'd better draw attention to them all the same.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    "If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

    -Things Our Mothers Tell Us

    Nexus Characters

  6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    After nothing stops the hidden blade, the hostage they want to save will loose the improvised rope and fall of the bar as Anika charges futher. Since Wenomir wants to stay in front of Anika, only Adir will see it.

    It's just good Zefir got an intel on what Raven does do to the cameras. That way he got the warning that she might shoot him with the gun, since the henchman can't tell that she uses it as a spear. So when Raven jumps in he already knows something will come from behind. He turns to the side, making himself smaller for Ravens attack, but that alone wouldn't save him. If Raven had take her time she would see the unnatural backstep Zefir takes. Like a moonwalk he slides away from his position and so dodges the thrown weapon. It's really strange if you looked at it since he hasn't made a step to back away.

    The rifle-spear now likly will fly at Wenomir, thought it should loose a bit of the force with the distance.

    The stone appear to suddendly stop coming, like the source was cut off. Instead they could notice the tin cans which go of befor any of them can reach them. At first they looks very normal causing a detonation and some smoke, but a moment later the sound changes. The new sound is familiar, but you never expected it in a place like this. It sounds like a waterfall. Out of the detonations and likly consuming the smoke comes a massive amount of water. It's not enougth to wash the vigilants away, but it sure fills the floor with a puddle of water. When they reach the water they will see it freezing, making their way a lot more slippy then they thought.

    The person doing this seems to slowly retreat. The henchman will shoot at the vigil people making it hard to just run through without getting hit. Not that they do hit vital spots.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    The gun hits the wall and clatters harmlessly to the floor.

    Since her opponent possesses what appears to be pre-cognitive level dodging skills, Raven doesn't collect anything else to throw, resuming focus of simply ensuring no one unwanted arrives from elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  8. - Top - End - #398
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    While Anika can't see 'Ilpholin' falling over, she can still feel someone falling off her back. Though her current form limits her means of communication she could still growl loudly to alert Wenomir and Adir that something was wrong. She had no doubt been able to tell that 'Ilpholin' was about to fall over before the fact so she could alert them before it came down to it.

    The pillars would make it extremely difficult to turn around to get Ilpholin again and without the ropes she wouldn't be able to carry an unconcious person on her back. Therefore, she will simply continue force her way forward towards the door and the figure standing in front of it. But as the pillars suddenly disappear she has a burst of speed only to end up in the middle of the smoke. She can't see much through it but she still remembered where the door was. Though then it all suddenly turns to water, drenching her fur and then freezing it as it all freezes over.
    A chilling experience, but right now she was getting shot at so it wasn't anything she had to address right at this moment. Therefore she will simply continrue by ramming through the door and out of the base. Simply attempting to run the figure over.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2019-12-09 at 08:17 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #399
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Murkus's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Adir wants to take some shots at the retreating, flickering figure, but there's too much going on right now for him to go on the offensive. Lucky for him, he knows something the enemy does not - namely that he bears the mantle of Winter Knight, and trying to slip him up with ice was about the most useless gesture one could imagine. He glides over it as if it were more dry ground.

    The stag slows, letting his weapon hang so he can scoop 'Ilpholin' off the floor. He packs her tight against his body to shield her from the bullets, but the sustained gunfire is begin to wear on his armor. They need to get out of here. So... he does the only sensible thing. He will leap on top of the charging, slipping and sliding bear and careen out of the base along with her. Hanging onto her back-fur with one clenched fist.
    My avatar was done by Gulaghar. Thanks again!

    "If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

    -Things Our Mothers Tell Us

    Nexus Characters

  10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Morty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Wenomir keeps running and doesn't stop. Having to make his way across the ice slows him down somewhat, but his steadfast focus sees him through. There's a lot about this situation that might not be what it seems, but they can deal with it outside. He heads right for the exit, trusting that this strange woman who seems to be helping them will follow.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-12-05 at 06:10 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gulaghar and Purple Eagle.

  11. - Top - End - #401
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    5a Violista's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Next to the Mandolinist

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Tiffany the teenager,
    who has been waiting like Raven recommended, gets a little nervous when the fighting finally gets back into the front entrance. There's too much chaos and smoke and pillars and pain and everything to really get what's going on.

    After the three from Vigil get out the front door, Tiffany looks back at Raven. "You coming too, right?" she asks. Then, she goes out the front door after the Vigil-crew.

    Obviously, due to the closed-up wounds she received, she's not going so fast. She uses the walls to support her a little. And, most importantly, she stays back from the Vigil-people: while they did tell her to escape the base, one of them also threatened to shoot her. So she tries her best to not get close enough to be suspicious, because she doesn't want to get shot again.

    Getting shot hurts.

    ...That whole final stretch was a lot more hectic than she had expected. Way too much happened, and it's taking a while to process all of what's going on.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2019-12-09 at 02:26 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

  12. - Top - End - #402
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Zefir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Not in a secret base, no!

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    Pre-cognitive level dodging skills? No, but a spear thrown this way would allways kill him even if it just scratches him it should take away a lot with him.

    The figure won't do anything more to stop them he steped to a side making it very hard to attack him as they run by. Since they fokus on getting out it should be fine that way.
    So the Vigil people will enter the Main Room since the whole scene happened in a floor close to it, but there is nothing else to stop them from heading fot thee exit. The dead henchman they didn't slay might be of no intresst for them right now so they can just head out.

    Zefir got some good informations with this whole thing. Mostly movment and fighting styles. He even found out that Adir can't be sliped by ice. It might not much, but usefull in the future when he might need it. He never hopes it will be nessesary.

    As they leave he steps after them slowly. He is in no rush and it might be best now to just secure they go rather then fighting them. The ice that filled the room turns back into water which then follows Zefir like some kind of elemental in the form of a snake.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!
    Avatar by Ceika

    Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

    Nexus Characters: LINK

  13. - Top - End - #403
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    NinjaGuy

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance]

    The tiny mawsphere that has been watching the goings-on in the lobby follows the group out, phasing through the base's wall when they reach the front door like it isn't there. Unless any of them are actually looking for it, it's going to be difficult to spot. Gathering intel on this person who might or might not be Ilpholin comes first, and anything this group might share in the heat of the moment may prove useful indeed.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

  14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Reinholdt's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In hiding. Always hiding.

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance -> Outside]

    Raven Ebondark makes no move as the VIGIL members pass her except to nod at Tiffany. Only once they're clear does she follow them, moving to keep pace with them as they run. At first anyways. She has to slow for a moment and detour slightly to Tiffany. "Come on already!"

    Raven doesn't intend to give Tiffany a choice in the matter, going to scoop her up bridal style and run away that way. Tiffany doesn't even slow her down once the more wounded girl is in her arms as she moves with a strength that didn't match the cute girl from before. Well neither did throwing a couch, so it's not that surprising for Tiffany most likely.

    Having previously noticed the mawsphere, Raven may know it's following them, but she might also lose sight of that during the trek down the valcano. Knowing where it was once isn't quite the same as knowing where it is now. Regardless, she's not exactly shouting out anything either, content to wait for safer pastures far away from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

  15. - Top - End - #405
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shadowcaller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Avatar by Gulaghar

    Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

    [Rescue - Front Entrance -> Outside]

    Anika has no interest in dead henchmen or other distractions. She just wanted to reach that darn exit.
    Once she's finally outside and can feel the cold air against her face she let's out a triumphant roar while continuing down the hill.
    They were finally free of that place!

    Now all they had to do was to get to Adir's truck and ride it out into the sunset. Then they could deal with this "fake Ilpholin" business.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •