New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Why Isn't Thor More Distressed

Quote Originally Posted by rbetieh View Post
    Lets say a Trickster god wanted to troll Thor...
    If he were to change the depiction of Thor to always wearing a purple polka-dot tutu and Groucho Marks glasses, how many generations would it take for Thor to start doing that?
    Hmm. With what little information we have....I'd guess it would probably take a few centuries for new effects to manifest, much like it'll take "a few more centuries" for Odin's effects to subside.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jasdoif View Post
    Hmm. With what little information we have....I'd guess it would probably take a few centuries for new effects to manifest, much like it'll take "a few more centuries" for Odin's effects to subside.
    Loki couldn't change Thor's depiction...?

And the world is not fresh. "extra centuries", I believe there were many before, maybe millenniums?
    Attention LotR fans
    Spoiler: LotR
    Show
    The scouring of the Shire never happened. That's right. After reading books I, II, and III, I stopped reading when the One Ring was thrown into Mount Doom. The story ends there. Nothing worthwhile happened afterwards. Middle-Earth was saved.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin_Priest View Post
    And the world is not fresh. "extra centuries", I believe there were many before, maybe millenniums?
    It's a few centuries between the current "good days and bad days" and "good days"; as Thor notes, Odin's been getting better. Lacking anything to suggest otherwise, I can only guess the inverse is true; a few centuries between "good days" and "good days and bad days" in the previous world. Lacking anything to suggest otherwise, I can only guess other wide-scoped alterations via belief would behave similarly; a few centuries between "days not adhering to rbet(r)i(ckst)e(r)h's gag" and "days not adhering to rbet(r)i(ckst)e(r)h's gag and days adhering to rbet(r)i(ckst)e(r)h's gag".
    Last edited by Jasdoif; 2018-12-02 at 03:53 AM.
    Feytouched Banana eldritch disciple avatar by...me!

The Index of the Giant's Comments VI―Making Dogma from Zapped Bananas

4. - Top - End - #34

BlueWizardGirl

I think the godly rules prohibit that sort of manipulation. Also, Thor would likely take revenge. How does Loki like being a horse? (He took to it pretty well, actually, but that is beside the point.)
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, he really is upset over it.

But that won't be revealed until midway through the next book, when Durkon talks to the Dark One, while Xykon is toying with Belkar, Oona is fighting Haley and Roy due to a misunderstanding, and Odin is talking to Banjo.

Once you realize what species the Monster in the Darkness is, and what Vaarsuvius's gender is, the whole thing makes perfect sense.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Won't you look silly when the official OOTS/Aqua Teen Hunger Force crossover happens.
    Roy as Frylock, Elan as Meatwad, and Master Shake is... I want to say like 70% Belkar, 30% Vaarsuvius.

7. - Top - End - #37

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    Actually, he really is upset over it.

But that won't be revealed until midway through the next book, when Durkon talks to the Dark One, while Xykon is toying with Belkar, Oona is fighting Haley and Roy due to a misunderstanding, and Odin is talking to Banjo.

Once you realize what species the Monster in the Darkness is, and what Vaarsuvius's gender is, the whole thing makes perfect sense.
    You forgot that Malack and Greyviews outlook on the world is so similar, that the two should be playing cards together in some negative energy plane (assuming negative energy spirits dont stop exisiting when they "die" in this this universe)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by rbetieh View Post
    You forgot that Malack and Greyviews outlook on the world is so similar, that the two should be playing cards together in some negative energy plane (assuming negative energy spirits dont stop exisiting when they "die" in this this universe)
    Greyview seems more of a Nihilist than Malack. He also has no opposable thumbs.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I wonder if the Twelve Gods went by some other form before talking animals world and decided they liked their new forms.

Either that or they were Talking Animal world's biggest proponent.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MReav View Post
    I wonder if the Twelve Gods went by some other form before talking animals world and decided they liked their new forms.

My headcanon now is that in the talking animals world, they were 12 different flavours of humanoid.

Grey Wolf

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    My headcanon now is that in the talking animals world, they were 12 different flavours of humanoid.

Grey Wolf
    I too now have this headcanon.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post

Grey Wolf
    Rat was a Goblin.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

13. - Top - End - #43

Lizardfolk

I like this idea. Reminds me of my take on immortal creatures in my stories. The reason thousand-year-old vampires and dragons wear antiquated clothing is because they found a style they liked and stuck to it. An immortal who keeps up with something transient as fashion isn't doing so to blend in, they just haven't found a fashion they like. After all, why bother trying to blend in or worry about people judging your clothes? Chances are they'll be dead in fifty years anyway.

I realise this opens up the possibility of Disco Dragon. When he dances to Disco Inferno, he takes the chorus literally.
    Last edited by Riftwolf; 2018-12-04 at 08:03 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Maybe it was a Disney situation, where you have anthropomorphic animals like Goofy and non-anthropomorphic animals like Pluto.

... not that it would be any less confusing, just that they could double down on the whole talking animal thing.
    I like to art!